• The play opens with two women sitting at a table.
• One woman is called Woman and the other Visitor.
• Woman is married and Visitor is not.
• An offstage voice discusses Mona Lisa and compares her smile to armor.
• The offstage voice congratulates Mona Lisa on her 490th birthday.
• Woman tells visitor she has cat hair stuck to her elbow. Visitor says she hates cats.
• The offstage voice returns and tells the women not to forget their smiles. He compares their smiles to masks.
• After a brief conversation about Woman's husband, Woman brings a suitcase on stage. The suitcase is a man.
• Woman tells Visitor that the suitcase belongs to her husband.
• Woman does not know what is in the suitcase.
• Visitor believes the suitcase is a test of Woman's faith in her husband.
• The suitcase begins to make noises and Visitor wants to know what...
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)