Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Suitcase (Birth) Abstract
* The play opens with two women sitting at a table.
* One woman is called Woman and the other Visitor.
* Woman is married and Visitor is not.
* An offstage voice discusses Mona Lisa and compares her smile to armor.
* The offstage voice congratulates Mona Lisa on her 490th birthday.
* Woman tells visitor she...
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)