|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fanny introduce Henry to her family?
2. What does Fanny borrow from Mary to wear at the ball?
3. What does Mr. Price offer to give Henry a tour of?
4. What plan does Henry tell Mary about in Chapter 24?
5. What is Maria's reaction when Henry leaves for a trip in Chapter 20?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tom's role as the oldest son of Sir Thomas. How has being the elder son given Tom the freedom to behave selfishly? In what way does Sir Thomas encourage this behavior? How does his illness change him, and why is his transformation important to Sir Thomas? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
What concerns Mary about Edmund's choice of profession? In what ways does she show disrespect for his choice? How does it shape her opinion about marrying Edmund? Provide textual examples to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Maria and Mr. Rushworth. Why does Maria agree to become engaged to him? What is she most interested in getting from the relationship? When her father gives her the option of breaking the engagement, why does Maria choose to go ahead with the marriage?
This section contains 997 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)