|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Maria and Mr. Rushworth live for a time after their wedding?
2. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
3. Who is invited to Mansfield Park when Fanny is asked to return with Edmund?
4. What does Henry loan to William at the end of Chapter 24?
5. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund tell Sir Thomas about Fanny's role in the decision to perform a play in his absence?
2. How does Fanny feel about returning to Mansfield Park?
3. What happens when Tom goes to London?
4. Does Sir Thomas find William to be an engaging guest in his home?
5. Do Fanny and her mother grow close while Fanny is visiting?
6. How does Fanny feel the morning after the ball?
7. What is Maria's response when Sir Thomas offers her the option of breaking her engagement?
8. What does Edmund say when Henry asks to rent Thornton Lacey?
9. How does Mrs. Norris respond to Sir Thomas' criticisms about her allowing his children to put on a play?
10. Describe what happens when Henry asks Fanny to marry him.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What concerns Mary about Edmund's choice of profession? In what ways does she show disrespect for his choice? How does it shape her opinion about marrying Edmund? Provide textual examples to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Fanny is frightened of Sir Thomas when she first arrives at Mansfield Park. What scares her about her uncle? How does their relationship change when Sir Thomas returns from Antigua? What actions does Sir Thomas take to indicate his acceptance of and high regard for Fanny?
Essay Topic 3
How does Edmund overlook Mary's shortcomings early in their relationship? What does the scandal allow him to fully understand about Mary's true nature? What is he most disappointed about in her character? Provide specific examples to support your answers.
This section contains 803 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)