|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who tells Fanny that William has been promoted?
2. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
3. Why does Edmund decide to postpone his trip to London and stay with his parents at Mansfield Park?
4. Who leads off the dancing at the ball in Chapter 28?
5. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflict created by Henry Crawford's marriage proposal. How does he put Fanny in a difficult position? In what way does he further the conflict through his behavior? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
What is lacking in Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny? How does she make life difficult for Fanny? Why does she believe Fanny deserves less than the other Bertram children? Provide three textual examples that show Mrs. Norris' negative opinion of Fanny.
Essay Topic 3
How does Edmund overlook Mary's shortcomings early in their relationship? What does the scandal allow him to fully understand about Mary's true nature? What is he most disappointed about in her character? Provide specific examples to support your answers.
This section contains 1,034 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)