Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
2. What does Sir Thomas inquire about Maria's wishes regarding her marriage?
3. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
4. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
5. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of William and Fanny's relationship to Fanny's well-being. How does William provide relief from life with the Bertrams? Why is it important that William accompanied Fanny home to Portsmouth?
Essay Topic 2
What concerns Mary about Edmund's choice of profession? In what ways does she show disrespect for his choice? How does it shape her opinion about marrying Edmund? Provide textual examples to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Fanny believes that love is important in a marriage. Discuss her belief as it relates to her own marriage to Edmund. Do you think they are well-suited? Why or why not? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)