Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
2. What does Sir Thomas inquire about Maria's wishes regarding her marriage?
3. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
4. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
5. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss how the theme of social status is used in the novel. How do characters such as Sir Thomas, Lady Bertram and Mrs. Norris value social standing? What are Edmund's views about the advantage for Fanny if she marries into money?
Essay Topic 2
How does Edmund overlook Mary's shortcomings early in their relationship? What does the scandal allow him to fully understand about Mary's true nature? What is he most disappointed about in her character? Provide specific examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Tom and Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny regarding the play. What does their behavior suggest about their view of Fanny as a person they can influence? What is Fanny's reaction to their manipulative ways?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)