Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
2. What does Sir Thomas inquire about Maria's wishes regarding her marriage?
3. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
4. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
5. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the use of letters in this story. In what way does the author use letters as a method for advancing the plot and revealing important information? Identify two or three letters that are central to the plot's advancement and discuss how these letters change Fanny's life.
Essay Topic 2
What does Mansfield Park symbolize to Fanny? What does it represent to her when she first arrives? How do her feelings about it change as the novel progresses? Provide textual examples to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
When Fanny visits her family in Portsmouth, what does she discover about them? How does she feel about living in her family's home? Does she appreciate more fully her life at Mansfield Park? Why or why not?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)