|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Fanny consult about what to wear to the ball in November?
2. In whose home does Edmund see Mary while he is in London?
3. How long does Edmund plan to be gone when he leaves the day after the ball?
4. Who traveled with Maria and Mr. Rushworth after they were married?
5. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Fanny's positive influence on her sister Susan. How does Fanny rescue Susan and provide guidance that will be important to her later in the story? What role does Susan take on in the Bertram family? Does it mirror Fanny's earlier role? How so?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of letters in this story. In what way does the author use letters as a method for advancing the plot and revealing important information? Identify two or three letters that are central to the plot's advancement and discuss how these letters change Fanny's life.
Essay Topic 3
Fanny is frightened of Sir Thomas when she first arrives at Mansfield Park. What scares her about her uncle? How does their relationship change when Sir Thomas returns from Antigua? What actions does Sir Thomas take to indicate his acceptance of and high regard for Fanny?
This section contains 996 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)