|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
2. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
3. Who traveled with Maria and Mr. Rushworth after they were married?
4. When does Sir Thomas plan to fetch Fanny from Portsmouth?
5. What time does Edmund arrive at the Price's house to retrieve Fanny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Maria and Mr. Rushworth. Why does Maria agree to become engaged to him? What is she most interested in getting from the relationship? When her father gives her the option of breaking the engagement, why does Maria choose to go ahead with the marriage?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the East Room to Fanny's life at Mansfield Park. How does the room represent both Fanny's lowly status in the family as well as her refuge from the family? What do Fanny's actions regarding the room suggest to you about her character? Provide specific textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
Fanny believes that love is important in a marriage. Discuss her belief as it relates to her own marriage to Edmund. Do you think they are well-suited? Why or why not? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 1,006 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)