|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fanny often invited after Maria and Julia leave Mansfield Park?
2. When does Sir Thomas plan to fetch Fanny from Portsmouth?
3. What plan does Henry tell Mary about in Chapter 24?
4. What piece of jewelry does William bring Fanny from Sicily?
5. Who desires to see Fanny dance at a ball?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fanny learn of Maria and Henry's scandal?
2. What does Edmund say when Henry asks to rent Thornton Lacey?
3. What does Edmund tell Sir Thomas about Fanny's role in the decision to perform a play in his absence?
4. How does Mary calm herself after she learns that Edmund will take his orders in a few weeks?
5. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
6. How does Fanny feel the morning after the ball?
7. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
8. How does Fanny feel about returning to Mansfield Park?
9. How does Mrs. Norris respond to Sir Thomas' criticisms about her allowing his children to put on a play?
10. What is Maria's response when Sir Thomas offers her the option of breaking her engagement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fanny and Edmund have always provided solace to each other during difficult times. Discuss how Edmund comforts Fanny when she comes to live at Mansfield Park. How does he take her under his wing? In what ways does Fanny show her love for Edmund by giving him solace when he needs it? Provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 2
How does Edmund overlook Mary's shortcomings early in their relationship? What does the scandal allow him to fully understand about Mary's true nature? What is he most disappointed about in her character? Provide specific examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the use of letters in this story. In what way does the author use letters as a method for advancing the plot and revealing important information? Identify two or three letters that are central to the plot's advancement and discuss how these letters change Fanny's life.
This section contains 871 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)