|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who desires to see Fanny dance at a ball?
2. Whom does Edmund see walking in the village when he returns to Mansfield?
3. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
4. What does Mary learn about Edmund the night he and Fanny have dinner with the Grants?
5. Who encourages Fanny to accept an invitation to dinner at the Grants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
2. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
3. What is Mary's response when Henry tells her he plans to ask Fanny to marry him?
4. Does Fanny's place in the household change when Julia and Maria leave for Brighton?
5. What does Edmund tell Fanny about her decision to refuse Henry's marriage proposal?
6. Is Mrs. Rushworth happy to leave Sotherton?
7. What happens when Tom goes to London?
8. Why does Fanny plan to go to Portsmouth?
9. How does Mary calm herself after she learns that Edmund will take his orders in a few weeks?
10. How is it that Fanny receives two chains to wear with the amber cross that William gave her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify Edmund's early objections to his family performing the play and discuss the way these objections cause a rift between him and Tom. When Edmund changes his mind and decides to perform, what does this tell you about his character? Does he try to justify his decision? How so?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the importance of the East Room to Fanny's life at Mansfield Park. How does the room represent both Fanny's lowly status in the family as well as her refuge from the family? What do Fanny's actions regarding the room suggest to you about her character? Provide specific textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 3
When Fanny visits her family in Portsmouth, what does she discover about them? How does she feel about living in her family's home? Does she appreciate more fully her life at Mansfield Park? Why or why not?
This section contains 835 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)