|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
2. What kind of manner does Fanny have that makes Henry believe that she might love him?
3. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
4. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
5. What does Mrs. Norris suggest she might do that horrifies William and Fanny before they leave for Portsmouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Norris respond to Sir Thomas' criticisms about her allowing his children to put on a play?
2. Do Fanny and her mother grow close while Fanny is visiting?
3. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
4. How is it that Fanny receives two chains to wear with the amber cross that William gave her?
5. Is Mrs. Rushworth happy to leave Sotherton?
6. How does Fanny learn of Maria and Henry's scandal?
7. What is Mary's response when Henry tells her he plans to ask Fanny to marry him?
8. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
9. How does Fanny feel about returning to Mansfield Park?
10. What is Maria's response when Sir Thomas offers her the option of breaking her engagement?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What concerns Mary about Edmund's choice of profession? In what ways does she show disrespect for his choice? How does it shape her opinion about marrying Edmund? Provide textual examples to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
What is lacking in Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny? How does she make life difficult for Fanny? Why does she believe Fanny deserves less than the other Bertram children? Provide three textual examples that show Mrs. Norris' negative opinion of Fanny.
Essay Topic 3
Fanny and Edmund have always provided solace to each other during difficult times. Discuss how Edmund comforts Fanny when she comes to live at Mansfield Park. How does he take her under his wing? In what ways does Fanny show her love for Edmund by giving him solace when he needs it? Provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
This section contains 964 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)