|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Price offer to give Henry a tour of?
2. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
3. How does Sir Thomas react when Fanny tells him she does not want to marry Henry?
4. Why does Edmund extend his stay in Peterborough?
5. What piece of jewelry does William bring Fanny from Sicily?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
2. How is it that Fanny receives two chains to wear with the amber cross that William gave her?
3. Does Fanny want to return to Mansfield Park?
4. What does Edmund tell Sir Thomas about Fanny's role in the decision to perform a play in his absence?
5. What is Maria's response when Sir Thomas offers her the option of breaking her engagement?
6. Why does Sir Thomas want to hold a ball at Mansfield Park?
7. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
8. Describe what happens when Henry asks Fanny to marry him.
9. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
10. How does Fanny feel the morning after the ball?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Tom and Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny regarding the play. What does their behavior suggest about their view of Fanny as a person they can influence? What is Fanny's reaction to their manipulative ways?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of letters in this story. In what way does the author use letters as a method for advancing the plot and revealing important information? Identify two or three letters that are central to the plot's advancement and discuss how these letters change Fanny's life.
Essay Topic 3
How does Edmund overlook Mary's shortcomings early in their relationship? What does the scandal allow him to fully understand about Mary's true nature? What is he most disappointed about in her character? Provide specific examples to support your answers.
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)