|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Henry say he wishes to do with Thornton Lacey the following winter?
2. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
3. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
4. How long does Edmund plan to be gone when he leaves the day after the ball?
5. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
2. What does Edmund tell Sir Thomas about Fanny's role in the decision to perform a play in his absence?
3. How does Fanny learn of Maria and Henry's scandal?
4. Does Sir Thomas find William to be an engaging guest in his home?
5. How does Fanny feel about returning to Mansfield Park?
6. What is Maria's response when Sir Thomas offers her the option of breaking her engagement?
7. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
8. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
9. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
10. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the East Room to Fanny's life at Mansfield Park. How does the room represent both Fanny's lowly status in the family as well as her refuge from the family? What do Fanny's actions regarding the room suggest to you about her character? Provide specific textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the conflict created by Henry Crawford's marriage proposal. How does he put Fanny in a difficult position? In what way does he further the conflict through his behavior? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
What concerns Mary about Edmund's choice of profession? In what ways does she show disrespect for his choice? How does it shape her opinion about marrying Edmund? Provide textual examples to support your conclusions.
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)