|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who traveled with Maria and Mr. Rushworth after they were married?
2. What does Lady Bertram say when William tells them about his adventures at sea?
3. Whom does Edmund see walking in the village when he returns to Mansfield?
4. What does Sir Thomas offer to Fanny that Mrs. Norris finds objectionable in Chapter 23?
5. What is the name of the street where Fanny, Susan and Henry meet Mr. Price?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fanny learn of Maria and Henry's scandal?
2. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
3. What does Edmund tell Fanny about her decision to refuse Henry's marriage proposal?
4. What does Edmund say when Henry asks to rent Thornton Lacey?
5. Does Fanny want to return to Mansfield Park?
6. Is Mrs. Rushworth happy to leave Sotherton?
7. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
8. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
9. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
10. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the importance of the East Room to Fanny's life at Mansfield Park. How does the room represent both Fanny's lowly status in the family as well as her refuge from the family? What do Fanny's actions regarding the room suggest to you about her character? Provide specific textual examples to support your answer.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Tom and Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny regarding the play. What does their behavior suggest about their view of Fanny as a person they can influence? What is Fanny's reaction to their manipulative ways?
Essay Topic 3
Analyze the use of letters in this story. In what way does the author use letters as a method for advancing the plot and revealing important information? Identify two or three letters that are central to the plot's advancement and discuss how these letters change Fanny's life.
This section contains 844 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)