|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
2. What does Fanny have on the wall of her room that William sent her?
3. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
4. What kind of drink does Edmund give Fanny at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What is Fanny doing at the window at the end of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What causes a rift between the Ward sisters?
2. What reason does Henry give Julia for why he has not selected her for the part of Agatha?
3. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
4. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
5. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
6. How do Edmund and Maria react when they hear the news of their father's impending return from Antigua?
7. Why does Mary want to know whether Fanny has been brought out into society?
8. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
9. Describe Mary Crawford.
10. Why does Maria want to marry Mr. Rushworth?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify Edmund's early objections to his family performing the play and discuss the way these objections cause a rift between him and Tom. When Edmund changes his mind and decides to perform, what does this tell you about his character? Does he try to justify his decision? How so?
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the significance of William and Fanny's relationship to Fanny's well-being. How does William provide relief from life with the Bertrams? Why is it important that William accompanied Fanny home to Portsmouth?
Essay Topic 3
What is lacking in Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny? How does she make life difficult for Fanny? Why does she believe Fanny deserves less than the other Bertram children? Provide three textual examples that show Mrs. Norris' negative opinion of Fanny.
This section contains 813 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)