|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the relationship between Mary and Henry Crawford?
2. Whom does Mary think is the best actor in the play?
3. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
4. What instrument does Mary play?
5. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
Short Essay Questions
1. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
2. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
3. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
4. Why does Mary want to know whether Fanny has been brought out into society?
5. What reason does Henry give Julia for why he has not selected her for the part of Agatha?
6. Is Mary surprised that Edmund plans to be ordained?
7. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
8. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
9. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
10. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Explain the Bertram ball as a symbol of Fanny and William's acceptance within the Bertram family. What actions show that Sir Thomas has an elevated opinion of them? How does the ball change Fanny? Use textual examples to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 2
What is lacking in Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny? How does she make life difficult for Fanny? Why does she believe Fanny deserves less than the other Bertram children? Provide three textual examples that show Mrs. Norris' negative opinion of Fanny.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Maria and Mr. Rushworth. Why does Maria agree to become engaged to him? What is she most interested in getting from the relationship? When her father gives her the option of breaking the engagement, why does Maria choose to go ahead with the marriage?
This section contains 853 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)