|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the narrator say Sir Thomas would think about Yates visiting his family at Mansfield Park?
2. What is Fanny's reaction to hearing the news that her uncle has returned?
3. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
4. What vocation is Edmund planning?
5. When Mr. Rushworth leaves Henry and Maria alone on the grounds of Sotherton, what do they do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
2. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
3. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
4. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
5. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
6. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
7. What does Edmund tell Maria about his reaction to their choice of play?
8. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
9. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
10. Why does Mary want to know whether Fanny has been brought out into society?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conflict created by Henry Crawford's marriage proposal. How does he put Fanny in a difficult position? In what way does he further the conflict through his behavior? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tom's role as the oldest son of Sir Thomas. How has being the elder son given Tom the freedom to behave selfishly? In what way does Sir Thomas encourage this behavior? How does his illness change him, and why is his transformation important to Sir Thomas? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
Fanny is frightened of Sir Thomas when she first arrives at Mansfield Park. What scares her about her uncle? How does their relationship change when Sir Thomas returns from Antigua? What actions does Sir Thomas take to indicate his acceptance of and high regard for Fanny?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)