|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Whitaker?
2. What does Fanny have on the wall of her room that William sent her?
3. Where does Sir Thomas tell Fanny she is going to live after Mr. Norris dies?
4. How many children do Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram have?
5. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the East Room that Fanny uses for her own room at Mansfield Park.
2. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
3. Why does Mary want to know whether Fanny has been brought out into society?
4. Why is Fanny sitting on a bench in Sotherton Park?
5. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
6. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
7. What does Mrs. Norris bring home from Sotherton?
8. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
9. Describe Mary Crawford.
10. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of William and Fanny's relationship to Fanny's well-being. How does William provide relief from life with the Bertrams? Why is it important that William accompanied Fanny home to Portsmouth?
Essay Topic 2
How does Edmund overlook Mary's shortcomings early in their relationship? What does the scandal allow him to fully understand about Mary's true nature? What is he most disappointed about in her character? Provide specific examples to support your answers.
Essay Topic 3
When Fanny visits her family in Portsmouth, what does she discover about them? How does she feel about living in her family's home? Does she appreciate more fully her life at Mansfield Park? Why or why not?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)