|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What passion of Tom's takes him away from Mansfield Park in Chapter 5?
2. What does Mr. Rushworth forget that he has to run back to his house for when he is walking with Maria and Henry?
3. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
4. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
5. What does Fanny agree to do at the rehearsal?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
2. Describe Mary Crawford.
3. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
4. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
5. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
6. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
7. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
8. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
9. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
10. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Fanny and Edmund have always provided solace to each other during difficult times. Discuss how Edmund comforts Fanny when she comes to live at Mansfield Park. How does he take her under his wing? In what ways does Fanny show her love for Edmund by giving him solace when he needs it? Provide textual examples to support your viewpoint.
Essay Topic 2
Fanny believes that love is important in a marriage. Discuss her belief as it relates to her own marriage to Edmund. Do you think they are well-suited? Why or why not? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
What concerns Mary about Edmund's choice of profession? In what ways does she show disrespect for his choice? How does it shape her opinion about marrying Edmund? Provide textual examples to support your conclusions.
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)