Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Bertram siblings go to see their father after he returns home?
2. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
3. What vocation is Edmund planning?
4. What role does Mary Crawford tell Edmund he must play?
5. Who has impressive horseback-riding skills?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
2. How does Mary calm herself after she learns that Edmund will take his orders in a few weeks?
3. What does Edmund tell Maria about his reaction to their choice of play?
4. What does Sir Thomas think of Fanny and Edmund's desire to marry?
5. Why does Sir Thomas want to hold a ball at Mansfield Park?
6. How does Fanny feel the morning after the ball?
7. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
8. How does Fanny feel about returning to Mansfield Park?
9. Why is Fanny sitting on a bench in Sotherton Park?
10. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
Discuss Fanny's positive influence on her sister Susan. How does Fanny rescue Susan and provide guidance that will be important to her later in the story? What role does Susan take on in the Bertram family? Does it mirror Fanny's earlier role? How so?
What is lacking in Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny? How does she make life difficult for Fanny? Why does she believe Fanny deserves less than the other Bertram children? Provide three textual examples that show Mrs. Norris' negative opinion of Fanny.
Analyze the use of letters in this story. In what way does the author use letters as a method for advancing the plot and revealing important information? Identify two or three letters that are central to the plot's advancement and discuss how these letters change Fanny's life.
This section contains 698 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)