|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Grant say she is not pleased to see regarding the acting roles in the play?
2. Who says, "I shall think her a very obstinate, ungrateful girl, if she does not do what her aunt and cousins wish her..."
3. What does Tom fret over about the theater?
4. What question does Mary ask the Bertram brothers about Fanny in Chapter 5?
5. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
2. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
3. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
4. Why does Mary want to know whether Fanny has been brought out into society?
5. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
6. What causes a rift between the Ward sisters?
7. What does Mrs. Norris bring home from Sotherton?
8. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
9. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
10. Describe the East Room that Fanny uses for her own room at Mansfield Park.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What concerns Mary about Edmund's choice of profession? In what ways does she show disrespect for his choice? How does it shape her opinion about marrying Edmund? Provide textual examples to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 2
Explain the Bertram ball as a symbol of Fanny and William's acceptance within the Bertram family. What actions show that Sir Thomas has an elevated opinion of them? How does the ball change Fanny? Use textual examples to support your analysis.
Essay Topic 3
Fanny believes that love is important in a marriage. Discuss her belief as it relates to her own marriage to Edmund. Do you think they are well-suited? Why or why not? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
This section contains 912 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)