|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
2. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
3. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
4. Who is Mrs. Whitaker?
5. Where is Fanny sent when she cries the first night she arrives at Mansfield Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
2. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
3. Why does Maria want to marry Mr. Rushworth?
4. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
5. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
6. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
7. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
8. What reason does Henry give Julia for why he has not selected her for the part of Agatha?
9. Describe Mary Crawford.
10. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
When Fanny visits her family in Portsmouth, what does she discover about them? How does she feel about living in her family's home? Does she appreciate more fully her life at Mansfield Park? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
What does Mansfield Park symbolize to Fanny? What does it represent to her when she first arrives? How do her feelings about it change as the novel progresses? Provide textual examples to support your opinions.
Essay Topic 3
What concerns Mary about Edmund's choice of profession? In what ways does she show disrespect for his choice? How does it shape her opinion about marrying Edmund? Provide textual examples to support your conclusions.
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)