|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
2. How does Fanny describe Henry's appearance when the Crawfords first arrive at Mansfield?
3. Who agrees to take the role of the Cottager's Wife in "Lover's Vows" at the beginning of Chapter 17?
4. What does Maria say is bumping against her elbow "unmercifully" during the carriage-ride home from Sotherton?
5. Who says, "I shall think her a very obstinate, ungrateful girl, if she does not do what her aunt and cousins wish her..."
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
2. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
3. Describe Mary Crawford.
4. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
5. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
6. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
7. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
8. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
9. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
10. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Identify Edmund's early objections to his family performing the play and discuss the way these objections cause a rift between him and Tom. When Edmund changes his mind and decides to perform, what does this tell you about his character? Does he try to justify his decision? How so?
Essay Topic 2
Fanny believes that love is important in a marriage. Discuss her belief as it relates to her own marriage to Edmund. Do you think they are well-suited? Why or why not? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
Essay Topic 3
What is lacking in Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny? How does she make life difficult for Fanny? Why does she believe Fanny deserves less than the other Bertram children? Provide three textual examples that show Mrs. Norris' negative opinion of Fanny.
This section contains 840 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)