|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
2. What does Mrs. Norris suggest as an outing in Chapter 6?
3. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
4. What does Fanny think when Edmund decides to accept a part in the play?
5. What question does Mary ask the Bertram brothers about Fanny in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
2. What does Edmund tell Sir Thomas about Fanny's role in the decision to perform a play in his absence?
3. What reason does Henry give Julia for why he has not selected her for the part of Agatha?
4. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
5. What does Mrs. Norris bring home from Sotherton?
6. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
7. How does Mrs. Norris respond to Sir Thomas' criticisms about her allowing his children to put on a play?
8. Describe what happens when Henry asks Fanny to marry him.
9. What does Sir Thomas think of Fanny and Edmund's desire to marry?
10. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss Tom's role as the oldest son of Sir Thomas. How has being the elder son given Tom the freedom to behave selfishly? In what way does Sir Thomas encourage this behavior? How does his illness change him, and why is his transformation important to Sir Thomas? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze the use of letters in this story. In what way does the author use letters as a method for advancing the plot and revealing important information? Identify two or three letters that are central to the plot's advancement and discuss how these letters change Fanny's life.
Essay Topic 3
Analyze Tom and Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny regarding the play. What does their behavior suggest about their view of Fanny as a person they can influence? What is Fanny's reaction to their manipulative ways?
This section contains 1,666 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)