|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Fanny when she sits on a step crying as a young girl?
2. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
3. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
4. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
5. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
2. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
3. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
4. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
5. What causes a rift between the Ward sisters?
6. How do Edmund and Maria react when they hear the news of their father's impending return from Antigua?
7. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
8. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
9. Why does Mary want to know whether Fanny has been brought out into society?
10. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of William and Fanny's relationship to Fanny's well-being. How does William provide relief from life with the Bertrams? Why is it important that William accompanied Fanny home to Portsmouth?
Essay Topic 2
Fanny is frightened of Sir Thomas when she first arrives at Mansfield Park. What scares her about her uncle? How does their relationship change when Sir Thomas returns from Antigua? What actions does Sir Thomas take to indicate his acceptance of and high regard for Fanny?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the conflict created by Henry Crawford's marriage proposal. How does he put Fanny in a difficult position? In what way does he further the conflict through his behavior? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
This section contains 749 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)