|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fanny sent when she cries the first night she arrives at Mansfield Park?
2. Where does Sir Thomas tell Fanny she is going to live after Mr. Norris dies?
3. What does Julia announce to the performers as they rehearse one evening?
4. Who objects to performing the play?
5. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Norris bring home from Sotherton?
2. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
3. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
4. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
5. How do Edmund and Maria react when they hear the news of their father's impending return from Antigua?
6. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
7. Why is Fanny sitting on a bench in Sotherton Park?
8. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
9. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
10. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is lacking in Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny? How does she make life difficult for Fanny? Why does she believe Fanny deserves less than the other Bertram children? Provide three textual examples that show Mrs. Norris' negative opinion of Fanny.
Essay Topic 2
Analyze Tom and Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny regarding the play. What does their behavior suggest about their view of Fanny as a person they can influence? What is Fanny's reaction to their manipulative ways?
Essay Topic 3
Identify Edmund's early objections to his family performing the play and discuss the way these objections cause a rift between him and Tom. When Edmund changes his mind and decides to perform, what does this tell you about his character? Does he try to justify his decision? How so?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)