Mid-Book Test - Hard
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
2. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
3. Why does Maria intend to marry Mr. Rushworth?
4. Whom does Fanny miss most after she arrives at Mansfield Park?
5. What question does Mary ask the Bertram brothers about Fanny in Chapter 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
2. What does Edmund tell Fanny about her decision to refuse Henry's marriage proposal?
3. Why is Fanny sitting on a bench in Sotherton Park?
4. What happens when Tom goes to London?
5. How do Edmund and Maria react when they hear the news of their father's impending return from Antigua?
6. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
7. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
8. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
9. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
10. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
Discuss Tom's role as the oldest son of Sir Thomas. How has being the elder son given Tom the freedom to behave selfishly? In what way does Sir Thomas encourage this behavior? How does his illness change him, and why is his transformation important to Sir Thomas? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Fanny believes that love is important in a marriage. Discuss her belief as it relates to her own marriage to Edmund. Do you think they are well-suited? Why or why not? Provide textual examples to support your opinion.
What does Mansfield Park symbolize to Fanny? What does it represent to her when she first arrives? How do her feelings about it change as the novel progresses? Provide textual examples to support your opinions.
This section contains 795 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)