|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
2. What is the title of the play the group chooses to perform?
3. Where is Fanny's bedroom?
4. What does Fanny think when Edmund decides to accept a part in the play?
5. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the East Room that Fanny uses for her own room at Mansfield Park.
2. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
3. Describe Mary Crawford.
4. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
5. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
6. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
7. What does Edmund tell Maria about his reaction to their choice of play?
8. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
9. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
10. What reason does Henry give Julia for why he has not selected her for the part of Agatha?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze Tom and Mrs. Norris' behavior toward Fanny regarding the play. What does their behavior suggest about their view of Fanny as a person they can influence? What is Fanny's reaction to their manipulative ways?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Tom's role as the oldest son of Sir Thomas. How has being the elder son given Tom the freedom to behave selfishly? In what way does Sir Thomas encourage this behavior? How does his illness change him, and why is his transformation important to Sir Thomas? Provide specific examples to support your ideas.
Essay Topic 3
When Fanny visits her family in Portsmouth, what does she discover about them? How does she feel about living in her family's home? Does she appreciate more fully her life at Mansfield Park? Why or why not?
This section contains 822 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)