|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom want to do to create a better play?
2. For what does Edmund ask Fanny's permission that makes her feel grateful?
3. What instrument does Mary play?
4. What is the relationship between Lady Bertram and Mrs. Norris?
5. What does Mrs. Norris bring home with her from Sotherton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mrs. Norris insult Fanny because she will not act in the play?
2. What does Edmund tell Maria about his reaction to their choice of play?
3. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
4. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
5. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
6. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
7. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
8. What causes a rift between the Ward sisters?
9. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
10. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Analyze the significance of William and Fanny's relationship to Fanny's well-being. How does William provide relief from life with the Bertrams? Why is it important that William accompanied Fanny home to Portsmouth?
Essay Topic 2
What concerns Mary about Edmund's choice of profession? In what ways does she show disrespect for his choice? How does it shape her opinion about marrying Edmund? Provide textual examples to support your conclusions.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Maria and Mr. Rushworth. Why does Maria agree to become engaged to him? What is she most interested in getting from the relationship? When her father gives her the option of breaking the engagement, why does Maria choose to go ahead with the marriage?
This section contains 805 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)