|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary learn about Edmund the night he and Fanny have dinner with the Grants?
(a) He never wants to marry.
(b) He will be taking his orders soon.
(c) He is going to propose to her.
(d) He is engaged to someone else.
2. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) A letter has arrived for him.
(b) He has been promoted.
(c) He is needed in another town.
(d) His ship left the harbour.
3. How is it that William gets a leave of absence to visit Fanny in Chapter 24?
(a) He is due a vacation.
(b) Sir Thomas knows an admiral who arranged it.
(c) Fanny requests it.
(d) Through Henry's intervention.
4. What is the last meal Fanny and William share before William goes back to sea November 24?
5. What does Edmund tell Fanny that Sir Thomas thinks about her in Chapter 21?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) He does not admire her.
(c) She speaks too much.
(d) She is tall.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fanny often invited after Maria and Julia leave Mansfield Park?
2. What does Lady Bertram promise to Fanny that she never offered to Maria?
3. What is Fanny reading to Lady Bertram right before Edmund and Henry enter the drawing room?
4. What does Lady Bertram say when William tells them about his adventures at sea?
5. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Fanny and her mother grow close while Fanny is visiting?
2. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
3. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
4. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
5. How does Fanny feel about returning to Mansfield Park?
6. What does Edmund tell Sir Thomas about Fanny's role in the decision to perform a play in his absence?
7. Does Sir Thomas find William to be an engaging guest in his home?
8. What is Maria's response when Sir Thomas offers her the option of breaking her engagement?
9. What does Edmund tell Fanny about her decision to refuse Henry's marriage proposal?
10. Is Mrs. Rushworth happy to leave Sotherton?
This section contains 819 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)