|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edmund decide to postpone his trip to London and stay with his parents at Mansfield Park?
(a) To keep them company so they will not be alone.
(b) To wait for Mary to return.
(c) His sisters are visiting.
(d) His mother is sick.
2. Where did Maria and Mr. Rushworth live for a time after their wedding?
3. Who tells Fanny that William has been promoted?
(d) Sir Thomas.
4. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
(d) Lively and affectionate.
5. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Thomas feel about Yates?
2. Why does Edmund extend his stay in Peterborough?
3. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
4. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
5. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
2. What is Mary's response when Henry tells her he plans to ask Fanny to marry him?
3. How does Fanny learn of Maria and Henry's scandal?
4. How is it that Fanny receives two chains to wear with the amber cross that William gave her?
5. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
6. Does Fanny want to return to Mansfield Park?
7. Do Fanny and her mother grow close while Fanny is visiting?
8. How does Mary calm herself after she learns that Edmund will take his orders in a few weeks?
9. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
10. Does Sir Thomas find William to be an engaging guest in his home?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)