|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose home does Edmund see Mary while he is in London?
(a) Admiral Crawford's.
(b) Mrs. Faser's.
(c) Mrs. Rushworth's.
(d) Sir Thomas' London townhouse.
2. What time does Edmund arrive at the Price's house to retrieve Fanny?
(c) Eight a.m.
(d) Four p.m.
3. What does Sir Thomas offer to Fanny that Mrs. Norris finds objectionable in Chapter 23?
4. Who tells Fanny that William has been promoted?
(d) Sir Thomas.
5. Whom does Edmund see walking in the village when he returns to Mansfield?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Henry and Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mr. Price offer to give Henry a tour of?
2. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
3. What word does Mary use to describe the rumor that is circulating about Henry and Maria when she writes to Fanny?
4. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
5. Whom does Fanny think her mother resembles?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edmund retrieve Fanny from Portsmouth?
2. Does Fanny's place in the household change when Julia and Maria leave for Brighton?
3. Why does Sir Thomas want to hold a ball at Mansfield Park?
4. What is Mary's response when Henry tells her he plans to ask Fanny to marry him?
5. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
6. How does Mary calm herself after she learns that Edmund will take his orders in a few weeks?
7. What happens when Tom goes to London?
8. Does Fanny want to return to Mansfield Park?
9. Does Sir Thomas find William to be an engaging guest in his home?
10. Describe what happens when Henry asks Fanny to marry him.
This section contains 766 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)