|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What word does Mary use to describe the rumor that is circulating about Henry and Maria when she writes to Fanny?
2. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Lady Bertram's letter.
(c) Telegram from Mary.
(d) Her mother.
3. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Shreds them.
(c) Gives them to the butler.
(d) Locks them away.
4. Who encourages Fanny to accept an invitation to dinner at the Grants?
(a) Mrs. Rushworth.
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Sir Thomas.
5. How does Fanny react when Henry visits her in Portsmouth?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Fanny consult about what to wear to the ball in November?
2. What does Mr. Price offer to give Henry a tour of?
3. What does Lady Bertram say when William tells them about his adventures at sea?
4. How many dances does Edmund request Mary to save for him at the ball in November?
5. What plan does Henry tell Mary about in Chapter 24?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Tom goes to London?
2. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
3. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
4. What is Maria's response when Sir Thomas offers her the option of breaking her engagement?
5. What does Edmund tell Sir Thomas about Fanny's role in the decision to perform a play in his absence?
6. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
7. How is it that Fanny receives two chains to wear with the amber cross that William gave her?
8. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
9. Does Fanny's place in the household change when Julia and Maria leave for Brighton?
10. How does Fanny feel the morning after the ball?
This section contains 848 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)