|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What piece of jewelry does William bring Fanny from Sicily?
(a) Diamond bracelet.
(b) Pearl earrings.
(c) Amber cross.
(d) Ruby ring.
2. What does Mary learn about Edmund the night he and Fanny have dinner with the Grants?
(a) He will be taking his orders soon.
(b) He never wants to marry.
(c) He is engaged to someone else.
(d) He is going to propose to her.
3. In whose home does Edmund see Mary while he is in London?
(a) Mrs. Faser's.
(b) Admiral Crawford's.
(c) Mrs. Rushworth's.
(d) Sir Thomas' London townhouse.
4. Where will the ball be held November 22?
(d) Mansfield Park.
5. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
(a) He will ask too many questions.
(b) Because of Mr. Price's bad manners.
(c) He will want her to marry Henry.
(d) He will think Henry too refined.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
2. How many dances does Edmund request Mary to save for him at the ball in November?
3. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
4. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
5. What is Fanny reading to Lady Bertram right before Edmund and Henry enter the drawing room?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Fanny learn of Maria and Henry's scandal?
2. Describe what happens when Henry asks Fanny to marry him.
3. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
4. How does Fanny feel the morning after the ball?
5. Is Mrs. Rushworth happy to leave Sotherton?
6. What does Edmund say when Henry asks to rent Thornton Lacey?
7. How does Mrs. Norris respond to Sir Thomas' criticisms about her allowing his children to put on a play?
8. What does Edmund tell Sir Thomas about Fanny's role in the decision to perform a play in his absence?
9. Does Sir Thomas find William to be an engaging guest in his home?
10. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
This section contains 920 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)