|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
(a) Happiest summer she ever had.
(b) Very unhappy.
(d) Somewhat amusing.
2. Who leads off the dancing at the ball in Chapter 28?
(a) William and Mrs. Norris.
(b) Fanny and Henry.
(c) Edmund and Mary.
(d) Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram.
3. Whom does Edmund see walking in the village when he returns to Mansfield?
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Henry and Mary.
4. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
(a) She is not impressed.
(b) He is refined in manner.
(c) He treats all the ladies with indifference.
(d) He is superior to any other men.
5. What does Mrs. Grant say will be served at dinner when she invites Fanny to dine with them?
(c) Roast beef.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what rank is William promoted?
2. Why does Edmund decide to postpone his trip to London and stay with his parents at Mansfield Park?
3. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
4. What does Fanny borrow from Mary to wear at the ball?
5. What does Fanny learn from the letter she receives from Lady Bertram while she is in Portsmouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
2. What happens when Tom goes to London?
3. Why does Edmund retrieve Fanny from Portsmouth?
4. Does Sir Thomas find William to be an engaging guest in his home?
5. Does Fanny want to return to Mansfield Park?
6. How does Fanny feel about returning to Mansfield Park?
7. What does Edmund tell Fanny about her decision to refuse Henry's marriage proposal?
8. Does Fanny's place in the household change when Julia and Maria leave for Brighton?
9. How does Fanny learn of Maria and Henry's scandal?
10. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
This section contains 823 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)