|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Lady Bertram's letter.
(c) Telegram from Mary.
(d) Her mother.
2. What does Fanny learn from the letter she receives from Lady Bertram while she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Lady Bertram will be sending books.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Grant are renovating the Parsonage.
(c) Mrs. Norris has caught a cold.
(d) Tom is ill with a fever.
3. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) He is needed in another town.
(b) A letter has arrived for him.
(c) His ship left the harbour.
(d) He has been promoted.
4. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
(a) Got engaged.
(c) Danced together.
(d) Acted in a play.
5. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
(a) Whom to hire about mending the roof.
(b) The renovation of the house.
(c) What color it should be painted.
(d) How to build a fence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of manner does Fanny have that makes Henry believe that she might love him?
2. What does Henry loan to William at the end of Chapter 24?
3. What word does Fanny use to describe to Sir Thomas how she would feel being married to Henry?
4. What does Mary learn about Edmund the night he and Fanny have dinner with the Grants?
5. Whom does Edmund see walking in the village when he returns to Mansfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Fanny want to return to Mansfield Park?
2. How does Mrs. Norris respond to Sir Thomas' criticisms about her allowing his children to put on a play?
3. Why does Edmund retrieve Fanny from Portsmouth?
4. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
5. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
6. Do Fanny and her mother grow close while Fanny is visiting?
7. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
8. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
9. How does Fanny feel about returning to Mansfield Park?
10. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)