|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
(a) The renovation of the house.
(b) What color it should be painted.
(c) How to build a fence.
(d) Whom to hire about mending the roof.
2. Where does Mary visit with Fanny before she leaves Mansfield Park?
(a) Breakfast room.
(b) Drawing room.
(d) East Room.
3. What does Fanny borrow from Mary to wear at the ball?
(c) Necklace chain.
4. How does Fanny introduce Henry to her family?
(a) As Maria's sweetheart.
(b) As Edmund's friend.
(c) As Sir Thomas' messenger.
(d) As William's friend.
5. Why does Edmund extend his stay in Peterborough?
(a) He is tired of Mrs. Norris.
(b) He falls in love.
(c) To avoid Mary.
(d) He wants new experiences.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry tell Tom he is going when he visits the family in the breakfast room?
2. How does Sir Thomas feel about Yates?
3. What does Lady Bertram promise to Fanny that she never offered to Maria?
4. Who encourages Fanny to accept an invitation to dinner at the Grants?
5. Why is Fanny caught in the rain near the Parsonage after Maria is married?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Mary's response when Henry tells her he plans to ask Fanny to marry him?
2. What is Maria's response when Sir Thomas offers her the option of breaking her engagement?
3. What does Edmund say when Henry asks to rent Thornton Lacey?
4. Does Sir Thomas find William to be an engaging guest in his home?
5. Does Fanny's place in the household change when Julia and Maria leave for Brighton?
6. Is Mrs. Rushworth happy to leave Sotherton?
7. What does Edmund tell Sir Thomas about Fanny's role in the decision to perform a play in his absence?
8. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
9. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
10. Why does Edmund retrieve Fanny from Portsmouth?
This section contains 779 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)