|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who traveled with Maria and Mr. Rushworth after they were married?
(a) Lady Bertram.
(b) Mrs. Norris.
2. What word does Fanny use to describe to Sir Thomas how she would feel being married to Henry?
3. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
(a) He is too boastful.
(b) He has good principles.
(c) He has no energy for life.
(d) He doesn't understand the danger of the sea.
4. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
(a) Got engaged.
(b) Danced together.
(d) Acted in a play.
5. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
(a) Very unhappy.
(b) Happiest summer she ever had.
(d) Somewhat amusing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mary learn about Edmund the night he and Fanny have dinner with the Grants?
2. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
3. What words does Lady Bertram use to greet Fanny upon her return to Mansfield Park?
4. What kind of manner does Fanny have that makes Henry believe that she might love him?
5. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mrs. Norris respond to Sir Thomas' criticisms about her allowing his children to put on a play?
2. Describe what happens when Henry asks Fanny to marry him.
3. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
4. Why does Edmund retrieve Fanny from Portsmouth?
5. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
6. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
7. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
8. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
9. What is Maria's response when Sir Thomas offers her the option of breaking her engagement?
10. Why does Fanny plan to go to Portsmouth?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)