|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) A letter has arrived for him.
(b) He is needed in another town.
(c) His ship left the harbour.
(d) He has been promoted.
2. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
(a) Locks them away.
(b) Gives them to the butler.
(c) Burns them.
(d) Shreds them.
3. Who leads off the dancing at the ball in Chapter 28?
(a) Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram.
(b) William and Mrs. Norris.
(c) Fanny and Henry.
(d) Edmund and Mary.
4. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
5. How long does Fanny plan to stay in Portsmouth?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Six weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fanny often invited after Maria and Julia leave Mansfield Park?
2. What word does Fanny use to describe to Sir Thomas how she would feel being married to Henry?
3. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
4. What does Henry tell Mary that he is determined to do regarding Fanny?
5. What piece of jewelry does William bring Fanny from Sicily?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Edmund retrieve Fanny from Portsmouth?
2. Is Mrs. Rushworth happy to leave Sotherton?
3. How does Mrs. Norris respond to Sir Thomas' criticisms about her allowing his children to put on a play?
4. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
5. Do Fanny and her mother grow close while Fanny is visiting?
6. What does Edmund tell Fanny about her decision to refuse Henry's marriage proposal?
7. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
8. What does Edmund say when Henry asks to rent Thornton Lacey?
9. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
10. What is Mary's response when Henry tells her he plans to ask Fanny to marry him?
This section contains 827 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)