|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In whose home does Edmund see Mary while he is in London?
(a) Sir Thomas' London townhouse.
(b) Mrs. Rushworth's.
(c) Admiral Crawford's.
(d) Mrs. Faser's.
2. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) He is needed in another town.
(b) His ship left the harbour.
(c) A letter has arrived for him.
(d) He has been promoted.
3. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will not see Edmund.
(b) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
(c) That she will miss her special room.
(d) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
4. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
(a) She is studying acting.
(b) She went home to Mansfield Park.
(c) She is being courted.
(d) She made a fool of herself at a ball.
5. Who desires to see Fanny dance at a ball?
(a) Sir Thomas.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Henry tell Tom he is going when he visits the family in the breakfast room?
2. What is Fanny reading to Lady Bertram right before Edmund and Henry enter the drawing room?
3. What is Sir Thomas surprised to discover when he visits Fanny in her room?
4. Why is Fanny caught in the rain near the Parsonage after Maria is married?
5. How many dances does Edmund request Mary to save for him at the ball in November?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mary calm herself after she learns that Edmund will take his orders in a few weeks?
2. How does Mrs. Norris respond to Sir Thomas' criticisms about her allowing his children to put on a play?
3. Why does Edmund retrieve Fanny from Portsmouth?
4. Does Fanny want to return to Mansfield Park?
5. Does Sir Thomas find William to be an engaging guest in his home?
6. How does Fanny feel about returning to Mansfield Park?
7. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
8. Why does Sir Thomas want to hold a ball at Mansfield Park?
9. Does Fanny's place in the household change when Julia and Maria leave for Brighton?
10. What does Edmund say when Henry asks to rent Thornton Lacey?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)