|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
2. What does Mrs. Norris take home from the theater at Mansfield Park?
(a) Part of the scenery.
(b) Copy of play.
(c) Mr. Rushworth's costume.
(d) Green curtain.
3. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
(a) Because of Mr. Price's bad manners.
(b) He will think Henry too refined.
(c) He will ask too many questions.
(d) He will want her to marry Henry.
4. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
(a) Happiest summer she ever had.
(b) Somewhat amusing.
(c) Very unhappy.
5. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
(b) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
(c) That she will miss her special room.
(d) That she will not see Edmund.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fanny react when Henry visits her in Portsmouth?
2. What does Lady Bertram say when William tells them about his adventures at sea?
3. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
4. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
5. What kind of manner does Fanny have that makes Henry believe that she might love him?
Short Essay Questions
1. Do Fanny and her mother grow close while Fanny is visiting?
2. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
3. How does Mary calm herself after she learns that Edmund will take his orders in a few weeks?
4. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
5. How does Fanny learn of Maria and Henry's scandal?
6. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
7. What is Mary's response when Henry tells her he plans to ask Fanny to marry him?
8. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
9. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
10. Describe what happens when Henry asks Fanny to marry him.
This section contains 946 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)