|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Fanny think her mother resembles?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(b) Her sister, Susan.
(d) Lady Bertram.
2. Why does Fanny go to Portsmouth?
(a) To visit her family.
(b) To become a governess.
(c) To go to college.
(d) To visit Mary's home.
3. What kind of manner does Fanny have that makes Henry believe that she might love him?
4. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
(d) Lively and affectionate.
5. How does Fanny react when Henry visits her in Portsmouth?
Short Answer Questions
1. What words does Lady Bertram use to greet Fanny upon her return to Mansfield Park?
2. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
3. What does Henry tell Mary that he is determined to do regarding Fanny?
4. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
5. What does Mary learn about Edmund the night he and Fanny have dinner with the Grants?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fanny plan to go to Portsmouth?
2. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
3. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
4. What happens when Tom goes to London?
5. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
6. Do Fanny and her mother grow close while Fanny is visiting?
7. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
8. How does Fanny react to leading the dancing at the ball?
9. Does Fanny's place in the household change when Julia and Maria leave for Brighton?
10. Does Fanny want to return to Mansfield Park?
This section contains 896 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)