|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
(a) She is studying acting.
(b) She is being courted.
(c) She went home to Mansfield Park.
(d) She made a fool of herself at a ball.
2. How is it that William gets a leave of absence to visit Fanny in Chapter 24?
(a) Sir Thomas knows an admiral who arranged it.
(b) He is due a vacation.
(c) Through Henry's intervention.
(d) Fanny requests it.
3. Who are the Owens?
(a) Family that Edmund stays with in Peterborough.
(b) Groundskeepers at Sotherton.
(c) Mansfield Park's manager and his wife.
(d) The Grants' housekeeper and butler.
4. What is Fanny reading to Lady Bertram right before Edmund and Henry enter the drawing room?
5. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
(a) Her mother.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) Lady Bertram's letter.
(d) Telegram from Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Bertram say when William tells them about his adventures at sea?
2. In whose home does Edmund see Mary while he is in London?
3. How does Edmund look when he arrives at the Price's house?
4. Who teaches Fanny a card game at the Parsonage?
5. When does Sir Thomas plan to fetch Fanny from Portsmouth?
Short Essay Questions
1. Is Mrs. Rushworth happy to leave Sotherton?
2. How does Mary calm herself after she learns that Edmund will take his orders in a few weeks?
3. Does Fanny want to return to Mansfield Park?
4. Is Sir Thomas surprised to discover that Fanny has no fire in her room?
5. Does Henry believe Fanny might change her mind about marrying him?
6. What is Mary's response when Henry tells her he plans to ask Fanny to marry him?
7. What does Edmund tell Sir Thomas about Fanny's role in the decision to perform a play in his absence?
8. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
9. Does Fanny's place in the household change when Julia and Maria leave for Brighton?
10. Why does Edmund retrieve Fanny from Portsmouth?
This section contains 791 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)