|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Tom want to play the role of Cottager's Wife?
(a) Mrs. Grant.
(c) Mrs. Norris.
2. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
(a) To bring her downstairs for a scolding.
(b) To ask her opinion.
(c) To let her know that dinner is ready.
(d) To give her a letter.
3. What does Tom think of his Aunt Norris in Chapter 12?
(a) She is too quiet.
(b) She is fascinating.
(c) She is meddlesome.
(d) She spends too much time by herself.
4. What passion of Tom's takes him away from Mansfield Park in Chapter 5?
(a) Buying used books.
(b) Agriculture at their country estate.
(c) Fine art.
5. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
(a) She is sleeping.
(b) She has an upset stomach.
(c) She is recovering from a cold.
(d) She has a headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fanny describe Henry's appearance when the Crawfords first arrive at Mansfield?
2. What does Mr. Rushworth forget that he has to run back to his house for when he is walking with Maria and Henry?
3. Why does Maria intend to marry Mr. Rushworth?
4. Whom does Mary believe will make a good match for her in Chapter 5?
5. How old is Fanny Price when she goes to live at Mansfield Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
2. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
3. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
4. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
5. Is Mary surprised that Edmund plans to be ordained?
6. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
7. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
8. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
9. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
10. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)