|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanny have on the wall of her room that William sent her?
(a) Pressed flowers.
(b) Photograph of William.
(c) Sketch of a ship.
(d) Painting of the Alps.
2. What does Tom think of his Aunt Norris in Chapter 12?
(a) She is meddlesome.
(b) She spends too much time by herself.
(c) She is fascinating.
(d) She is too quiet.
3. When does Maria set a tentative date for her wedding?
(a) The month of February.
(b) In six weeks.
(c) As soon as they can arrange it.
(d) When her father returns from Antigua.
4. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
(a) Mild and still.
(d) Windy and rainy.
5. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Racks up gambling debts.
(b) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
(c) Loses all his schoolbooks.
(d) Loses his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
2. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
3. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
4. How much income does Mr. Crawford have?
5. What does the narrator say Sir Thomas would think about Yates visiting his family at Mansfield Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Mrs. Norris bring home from Sotherton?
2. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
3. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
4. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
5. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
6. Is Mrs. Rushworth happy to leave Sotherton?
7. What is Mary's response when Henry tells her he plans to ask Fanny to marry him?
8. How is Fanny redeemed in her decision to reject Henry's marriage proposal?
9. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
10. Does Sir Thomas find William to be an engaging guest in his home?
This section contains 775 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)