|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
2. How does Sir Thomas treat Fanny when she sees him for the first time upon his return home?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Very kindly.
(d) Politely, but without warmth.
3. What is Fanny deprived the pleasure of in Chapter 4?
(a) Her old gray pony.
(b) Attending social functions with her cousins.
(c) Performing in a play.
(d) Walking with Mrs. Norris.
4. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
(a) To give her a letter.
(b) To ask her opinion.
(c) To bring her downstairs for a scolding.
(d) To let her know that dinner is ready.
5. Where is Fanny's bedroom?
(a) Large room on the second floor.
(b) Servants' quarters.
(d) Small room next to Lady Bertram's bedroom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who objects to performing the play?
2. When Mr. Rushworth leaves Henry and Maria alone on the grounds of Sotherton, what do they do?
3. What does Mr. Rushworth forget that he has to run back to his house for when he is walking with Maria and Henry?
4. What does Tom want to do to create a better play?
5. When does Maria set a tentative date for her wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mary want to know whether Fanny has been brought out into society?
2. What does Mrs. Norris bring home from Sotherton?
3. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
4. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
5. Does Mrs. Norris insult Fanny because she will not act in the play?
6. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
7. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
8. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
9. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
10. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
This section contains 783 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)