|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
(a) Letter of recommendation for a nurse.
(d) Money and baby linens.
2. Who comforts Fanny when she sits on a step crying as a young girl?
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Lady Bertram.
3. What passion of Tom's takes him away from Mansfield Park in Chapter 5?
(a) Buying used books.
(b) Fine art.
(c) Agriculture at their country estate.
4. How does Mary describe Tom's manners in Chapter 5?
5. Where is Fanny's bedroom?
(b) Small room next to Lady Bertram's bedroom.
(c) Large room on the second floor.
(d) Servants' quarters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Mary believe will make a good match for her in Chapter 5?
2. What kind of play do Tom and Mary want to perform?
3. What does Mrs. Norris bring home with her from Sotherton?
4. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
5. Whom does Fanny miss most after she arrives at Mansfield Park?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
2. How does Fanny react to leading the dancing at the ball?
3. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
4. What reason does Henry give Julia for why he has not selected her for the part of Agatha?
5. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
6. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
7. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
8. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
9. Describe what happens to Maria at the end of the novel.
10. Describe Henry's visit with Fanny in Portsmouth.
This section contains 890 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)