|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
(a) Fifteen miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Eight miles.
(d) Five miles.
2. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Racks up gambling debts.
(b) Loses all his schoolbooks.
(c) Loses his horse.
(d) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
3. For what does Edmund ask Fanny's permission that makes her feel grateful?
(a) To borrow her coat for his mother.
(b) To escort her to a dance.
(c) To lend her horse to Mary.
(d) To use her handkerchief.
4. What does Mr. Rushworth forget that he has to run back to his house for when he is walking with Maria and Henry?
(a) His dogs.
(b) Flask of water.
(c) Architectural plans.
(d) Key to the gate.
5. What is Fanny's reaction to hearing the news that her uncle has returned?
(b) Feels faint.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Whitaker?
2. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
3. What does Tom fret over about the theater?
4. What does Julia announce to the performers as they rehearse one evening?
5. What does Fanny agree to do at the rehearsal?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
2. What does Edmund tell Maria about his reaction to their choice of play?
3. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
4. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
5. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
6. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
7. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
8. Is Mary surprised that Edmund plans to be ordained?
9. Why does Maria want to marry Mr. Rushworth?
10. What does Mrs. Norris bring home from Sotherton?
This section contains 842 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)