|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Grant say she is not pleased to see regarding the acting roles in the play?
(a) She loathes her costume.
(b) The scenery is badly painted.
(c) That Julia is excluded from having a role.
(d) Henry is making a spectacle of himself.
2. Where is Fanny sent when she cries the first night she arrives at Mansfield Park?
(a) To the kitchen.
(b) To her cousins' room.
(c) To bed.
(d) Outside for a walk.
3. What does Tom fret over about the theater?
(a) He can't learn his lines well enough.
(b) Slow progress of the scene painter.
(c) He doesn't want to perform.
(d) He is worried about his father's reaction.
4. What does Tom want to do to create a better play?
(a) Practice his lines with Fanny.
(b) Get an acting coach.
(c) Build a theater.
(d) Have his mother help with the costumes.
5. How big is the park surrounding the Bertrams' home, according to Mary?
(a) Five miles.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Two miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
2. When Mr. Rushworth leaves Henry and Maria alone on the grounds of Sotherton, what do they do?
3. What does Edmund plan to do once his father returns from Antigua?
4. Who has impressive horseback-riding skills?
5. What color is Fanny's pony?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Mary Crawford.
2. How do Edmund and Maria react when they hear the news of their father's impending return from Antigua?
3. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
4. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
5. Does Mrs. Norris insult Fanny because she will not act in the play?
6. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
7. Why does Maria want to marry Mr. Rushworth?
8. Why is Fanny sitting on a bench in Sotherton Park?
9. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
10. Is Mary surprised that Edmund plans to be ordained?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)