|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Norris do to help the young people with the play?
(a) Temporarily moves into their house.
(b) Paints the scenery.
(c) Helps rewrite the play.
(d) Performs musical numbers.
2. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
(a) Artist self-portraits.
(b) Family portraits.
3. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
(a) Beautiful beyond compare.
(c) Extremely pretty.
4. Where do Edmund and Mary leave Fanny when they go walking in the woods at Sotherton?
(a) Blanket in the field.
(b) Standing in a meadow.
(c) Chair by the lake.
(d) Bench by the gate.
5. How does Sir Thomas treat Fanny when she sees him for the first time upon his return home?
(a) Very kindly.
(b) Ignores her.
(c) Politely, but without warmth.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Mr. Rushworth pleased with his part as Count Cassel?
2. What does Fanny think when Edmund decides to accept a part in the play?
3. Who says, "I shall think her a very obstinate, ungrateful girl, if she does not do what her aunt and cousins wish her..."
4. How many children do Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram have?
5. Where is Fanny's bedroom?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Fanny sitting on a bench in Sotherton Park?
2. Why does Maria want to marry Mr. Rushworth?
3. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
4. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
5. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
6. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
7. How do Edmund and Maria react when they hear the news of their father's impending return from Antigua?
8. What does Edmund tell Maria about his reaction to their choice of play?
9. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
10. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)