|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
(a) Lieutenant of marines.
2. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
(a) To rehearse her lines with her.
(b) To deliver tea and scones.
(c) To bring her more work from Mrs. Norris.
(d) To give her a message from Edmund.
3. Who agrees to take the role of the Cottager's Wife in "Lover's Vows" at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Grant.
4. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Fanny stays at home with his mother.
(b) Fanny has been brought out into society.
(c) Fanny dines out often.
(d) Fanny attends many balls.
5. When does Maria set a tentative date for her wedding?
(a) As soon as they can arrange it.
(b) The month of February.
(c) In six weeks.
(d) When her father returns from Antigua.
Short Answer Questions
1. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
2. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
3. What vocation is Edmund planning?
4. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
5. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
2. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
3. What reason does Henry give Julia for why he has not selected her for the part of Agatha?
4. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
5. Does Mrs. Norris insult Fanny because she will not act in the play?
6. Why does Maria want to marry Mr. Rushworth?
7. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
8. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
9. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
10. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)