|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What passion of Tom's takes him away from Mansfield Park in Chapter 5?
(a) Fine art.
(c) Agriculture at their country estate.
(d) Buying used books.
2. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
(a) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
3. What is the title of the play the group chooses to perform?
(a) "Wheel of Fortune."
(b) "The School for Scandal."
(d) "Lover's Vows."
4. How much income does Mr. Crawford have?
(a) Twelve thousand dollars a year.
(b) Four thousand dollars a year.
(c) One thousand dollars a year.
(d) Six hundred dollars a year.
5. Why is Mr. Rushworth pleased with his part as Count Cassel?
(a) Cassel was his favorite uncle's last name.
(b) He likes being called "Count."
(c) He gets to wear a fancy costume.
(d) He will have the chance to practice his accent.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the Bertram siblings go to see their father after he returns home?
2. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
3. What kind of dog does Lady Bertram have?
4. What does Mrs. Grant say she is not pleased to see regarding the acting roles in the play?
5. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
2. What does Mrs. Norris bring home from Sotherton?
3. Describe Mary Crawford.
4. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
5. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
6. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
7. Is Mary surprised that Edmund plans to be ordained?
8. What causes a rift between the Ward sisters?
9. Why does Maria want to marry Mr. Rushworth?
10. What does Edmund tell Maria about his reaction to their choice of play?
This section contains 755 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)