|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
(a) Windy and rainy.
(d) Mild and still.
2. For what does Edmund ask Fanny's permission that makes her feel grateful?
(a) To use her handkerchief.
(b) To escort her to a dance.
(c) To lend her horse to Mary.
(d) To borrow her coat for his mother.
3. What does Mrs. Norris bring home with her from Sotherton?
(d) Pheasant eggs and cream cheese.
4. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Racks up gambling debts.
(b) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
(c) Loses all his schoolbooks.
(d) Loses his horse.
5. What does Mrs. Norris do to help the young people with the play?
(a) Temporarily moves into their house.
(b) Performs musical numbers.
(c) Helps rewrite the play.
(d) Paints the scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Fanny sent when she cries the first night she arrives at Mansfield Park?
2. What vocation is Edmund planning?
3. How big is the park surrounding the Bertrams' home, according to Mary?
4. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
5. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
2. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
3. Why does Mary want to know whether Fanny has been brought out into society?
4. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
5. What does Edmund tell Maria about his reaction to their choice of play?
6. Describe Mary Crawford.
7. Why does Maria want to marry Mr. Rushworth?
8. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
9. How do Edmund and Maria react when they hear the news of their father's impending return from Antigua?
10. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
This section contains 760 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)