|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She is recovering from a cold.
(c) She has an upset stomach.
(d) She is sleeping.
2. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
3. Who is Mrs. Whitaker?
(b) Mrs. Rushworth's sister.
4. Who says, "I shall think her a very obstinate, ungrateful girl, if she does not do what her aunt and cousins wish her..."
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(b) Lady Bertram.
5. What does Mrs. Norris do to help the young people with the play?
(a) Performs musical numbers.
(b) Temporarily moves into their house.
(c) Paints the scenery.
(d) Helps rewrite the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary describe Tom's manners in Chapter 5?
2. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
3. What does Maria say is bumping against her elbow "unmercifully" during the carriage-ride home from Sotherton?
4. How many children do Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram have?
5. Where do Edmund and Mary leave Fanny when they go walking in the woods at Sotherton?
Short Essay Questions
1. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
2. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
3. What reason does Henry give Julia for why he has not selected her for the part of Agatha?
4. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
5. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
6. Why is Fanny sitting on a bench in Sotherton Park?
7. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
8. What causes a rift between the Ward sisters?
9. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
10. Is Mary surprised that Edmund plans to be ordained?
This section contains 820 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)