|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She has an upset stomach.
(c) She is recovering from a cold.
(d) She is sleeping.
2. Whom does Mary think is the best actor in the play?
(a) Mr. Rushworth.
3. Who agrees to take the role of the Cottager's Wife in "Lover's Vows" at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Lady Bertram.
(c) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Mrs. Grant.
4. Where is Fanny sent when she cries the first night she arrives at Mansfield Park?
(a) Outside for a walk.
(b) To her cousins' room.
(c) To bed.
(d) To the kitchen.
5. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
(c) Beautiful beyond compare.
(d) Extremely pretty.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maria intend to marry Mr. Rushworth?
2. What instrument does Mary play?
3. What does Mrs. Norris bring home with her from Sotherton?
4. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
5. What does Mr. Rushworth forget that he has to run back to his house for when he is walking with Maria and Henry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
2. Does Edmund show Fanny kindness when she has a headache?
3. Why does Maria want to marry Mr. Rushworth?
4. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
5. Why does Tom dance with Fanny?
6. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
7. Is Mary surprised that Edmund plans to be ordained?
8. How do Edmund and Maria react when they hear the news of their father's impending return from Antigua?
9. Describe the East Room that Fanny uses for her own room at Mansfield Park.
10. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
This section contains 829 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)