|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
(a) He loves to dance.
(b) He wants to talk privately with Fanny.
(c) To get out of playing cards.
(d) He is in love with Fanny.
2. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
(a) Mrs. Norris' snoring.
(b) Henry's attention toward Julia.
(c) Edmund's humming.
(d) Fanny's sniffling.
3. What does Fanny think when Edmund decides to accept a part in the play?
(a) She believes he will do a good job.
(b) She gives him her support.
(c) She laughs at the idea.
(d) He has compromised himself for Mary.
4. Why is Mr. Rushworth pleased with his part as Count Cassel?
(a) He gets to wear a fancy costume.
(b) He likes being called "Count."
(c) He will have the chance to practice his accent.
(d) Cassel was his favorite uncle's last name.
5. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
(b) Lieutenant of marines.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Rushworth's housekeeper take Mrs. Norris at Sotherton?
2. Who agrees to take the role of the Cottager's Wife in "Lover's Vows" at the beginning of Chapter 17?
3. What color is Fanny's pony?
4. What is Fanny doing at the window at the end of Chapter 11?
5. What is Fanny's reaction to hearing the news that her uncle has returned?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe what happens when Henry asks Fanny to marry him.
2. What is Fanny's reaction when she learns that William will soon be arriving at Mansfield Park?
3. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
4. Why does Edmund extend his stay with the Owens in Peterborough?
5. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
6. How does Mrs. Norris respond to Sir Thomas' criticisms about her allowing his children to put on a play?
7. Does Fanny's place in the household change when Julia and Maria leave for Brighton?
8. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
9. Why does Sir Thomas want to hold a ball at Mansfield Park?
10. Is Fanny welcomed when she returns home to her family?
This section contains 929 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)