|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Maria set a tentative date for her wedding?
(a) The month of February.
(b) In six weeks.
(c) As soon as they can arrange it.
(d) When her father returns from Antigua.
2. Whom does Mary think is the best actor in the play?
(b) Mr. Rushworth.
3. What question does Mary ask the Bertram brothers about Fanny in Chapter 5?
(a) Does she like to listen to the harp?
(b) Will she entertain Mary at Mansfield Park?
(c) Is she fond of playing cards?
(d) Does she go to balls?
4. How old is Fanny Price when she goes to live at Mansfield Park?
5. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
(a) It is raining heavily and she cannot travel.
(b) She turned her ankle.
(c) Mr. Grant is ill.
(d) She and her husband had unexpected visitors.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
2. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
3. What does Fanny have on the wall of her room that William sent her?
4. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
5. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
2. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
3. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
4. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
5. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
6. What does Mrs. Norris bring home from Sotherton?
7. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
8. What causes a rift between the Ward sisters?
9. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
10. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
This section contains 797 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)