|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What vocation is Edmund planning?
2. What does Mrs. Norris suggest as an outing in Chapter 6?
(a) To float down a stream in a rowboat.
(b) To have a picnic in the park.
(c) To go to London.
(d) To go to Sotherton.
3. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Loses all his schoolbooks.
(b) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
(c) Loses his horse.
(d) Racks up gambling debts.
4. Whom does Tom want to play the role of Cottager's Wife?
(b) Mrs. Grant.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
5. What kind of play do Tom and Mary want to perform?
(a) Greek drama.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
2. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
3. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
4. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
5. What kind of dog does Lady Bertram have?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Edmund tell Maria about his reaction to their choice of play?
2. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
3. What causes a rift between the Ward sisters?
4. How does Mr. Rushworth make a good impression on Sir Thomas after he returns home?
5. Is Mary an excellent horseback rider?
6. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
7. How do Edmund and Maria react when they hear the news of their father's impending return from Antigua?
8. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
9. Describe the East Room that Fanny uses for her own room at Mansfield Park.
10. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)