|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
(a) Money and baby linens.
(b) Letter of recommendation for a nurse.
2. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
(a) Mild and still.
(d) Windy and rainy.
3. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
(a) To rehearse her lines with her.
(b) To deliver tea and scones.
(c) To give her a message from Edmund.
(d) To bring her more work from Mrs. Norris.
4. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
(d) Lieutenant of marines.
5. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
2. How does Fanny describe Henry's appearance when the Crawfords first arrive at Mansfield?
3. How many children do Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram have?
4. What does Mrs. Norris bring home with her from Sotherton?
5. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
2. Why is Fanny sitting on a bench in Sotherton Park?
3. What causes a rift between the Ward sisters?
4. Why does Mary want to know whether Fanny has been brought out into society?
5. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
6. What reason does Henry give Julia for why he has not selected her for the part of Agatha?
7. Describe the East Room that Fanny uses for her own room at Mansfield Park.
8. What does Edmund tell Maria about his reaction to their choice of play?
9. Is Mary surprised that Edmund plans to be ordained?
10. Why does Fanny Price go to live at Mansfield Park?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)