|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
2. What does Mrs. Norris do to help the young people with the play?
(a) Temporarily moves into their house.
(b) Performs musical numbers.
(c) Helps rewrite the play.
(d) Paints the scenery.
3. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
(a) Mr. Rushworth.
(b) Edmund Bertram.
(c) Mr. Grant.
(d) Tom Bertram.
4. What kind of drink does Edmund give Fanny at the end of Chapter 8?
5. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
(c) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Lady Bertram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
2. Who is Mrs. Whitaker?
3. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
4. Who says, "I shall think her a very obstinate, ungrateful girl, if she does not do what her aunt and cousins wish her..."
5. Whom does Tom want to play the role of Cottager's Wife?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Fanny's pony dies?
2. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
3. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
4. Why is Fanny sitting on a bench in Sotherton Park?
5. What happens at Mansfield Park when Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
6. What does Mrs. Norris bring home from Sotherton?
7. Describe Mary Crawford.
8. Does Mrs. Norris insult Fanny because she will not act in the play?
9. How do Maria and Tom receive the news that Edmund will perform in the play after all?
10. When does Mary realize which Bertram brother she prefers?
This section contains 821 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)