|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Mr. Rushworth leaves Henry and Maria alone on the grounds of Sotherton, what do they do?
(a) Play catch.
(b) Wade in the stream.
(c) Talk to other people.
(d) Flirt with each other.
2. What does Julia announce to the performers as they rehearse one evening?
(a) Her father is home.
(b) Mrs. Rushworth wants to speak with her son.
(c) Fanny is needed in the kitchen.
(d) Her mother is ill.
3. What is the title of the play the group chooses to perform?
(b) "Wheel of Fortune."
(c) "The School for Scandal."
(d) "Lover's Vows."
4. Where does Sir Thomas tell Fanny she is going to live after Mr. Norris dies?
(a) With her family in Portsmouth.
(b) With cousins in London.
(c) With Mrs. Norris.
(d) At the Parsonage.
5. How does Fanny react to seeing the Sotherton chapel?
(a) She is disappointed by its lack of dignity.
(c) She does not like its dank smell.
(d) Frightened by its size.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
2. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
3. What color is Fanny's pony?
4. What passion of Tom's takes him away from Mansfield Park in Chapter 5?
5. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Fanny and Edmund agree on about Mary?
2. Why does Edmund object to Yates' proposal to perform a play?
3. What is Fanny's reaction when she sees the Sotherton chapel?
4. Does Mrs. Grant believe that Maria is interested in Henry?
5. How does Edmund provide comfort to Fanny at Mansfield Park when she first arrives?
6. How do Edmund and Maria react when they hear the news of their father's impending return from Antigua?
7. What is Fanny's reaction when she is told she is going to live with Mrs. Norris?
8. Why does Mary want to know whether Fanny has been brought out into society?
9. How does Edmund describe Sotherton?
10. Describe the East Room that Fanny uses for her own room at Mansfield Park.
This section contains 845 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)