|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
(a) Knowledge of history.
(b) Travel stories.
(d) Odd behavior.
2. What plan does Henry tell Mary about in Chapter 24?
(a) Leaving Mansfield Park and going to London.
(b) Going hunting every day.
(c) Making Fanny fall in love with him.
(d) Spending more time reading.
3. Whom does Edmund see walking in the village when he returns to Mansfield?
(a) Henry and Mary.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
4. What does Edmund tell Fanny that Sir Thomas thinks about her in Chapter 21?
(a) She is tall.
(b) He does not admire her.
(c) She speaks too much.
(d) She is pretty.
5. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
(a) He is too boastful.
(b) He doesn't understand the danger of the sea.
(c) He has no energy for life.
(d) He has good principles.
6. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
(a) Marrying without affection.
(b) Arguing with Sir Thomas.
(c) Wasting food.
(d) Mrs. Norris' insults.
7. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Lady Bertram's letter.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) Telegram from Mary.
8. How long does Fanny plan to stay in Portsmouth?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) One month.
9. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
(a) He is refined in manner.
(b) He is superior to any other men.
(c) He treats all the ladies with indifference.
(d) She is not impressed.
10. Who teaches Fanny a card game at the Parsonage?
(b) Sir Thomas.
11. What does Fanny borrow from Mary to wear at the ball?
(d) Necklace chain.
12. Why is Fanny caught in the rain near the Parsonage after Maria is married?
(a) She is horseback riding.
(b) She is on an errand for Mrs. Norris.
(c) She is gathering flowers.
(d) Sir Thomas asks her to fetch a book from the Parsonage.
13. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
(a) She is studying acting.
(b) She made a fool of herself at a ball.
(c) She is being courted.
(d) She went home to Mansfield Park.
14. What does Mrs. Norris suggest she might do that horrifies William and Fanny before they leave for Portsmouth?
(a) Go on a walking tour of the alps.
(b) Travel alone to another country.
(c) Travel with them to Portsmouth.
(d) Become an actress.
15. What does Henry loan to William at the end of Chapter 24?
(d) Walking cane.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Norris describe Fanny when she is speaking to Sir Thomas at the end of Chapter 32?
2. How does Fanny react when Henry visits her in Portsmouth?
3. How is it that William gets a leave of absence to visit Fanny in Chapter 24?
4. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
5. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)