|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fanny go to Portsmouth?
(a) To go to college.
(b) To visit Mary's home.
(c) To visit her family.
(d) To become a governess.
2. What is Sir Thomas surprised to discover when he visits Fanny in her room?
(a) Her room has never been repainted.
(b) Her room is beautifully decorated.
(c) She has no fire in the grate.
(d) It is a long walk from the drawing room.
3. What kind of manner does Fanny have that makes Henry believe that she might love him?
4. Where is Fanny often invited after Maria and Julia leave Mansfield Park?
5. Whom does Edmund see walking in the village when he returns to Mansfield?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Henry and Mary.
6. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
(a) He is too boastful.
(b) He doesn't understand the danger of the sea.
(c) He has no energy for life.
(d) He has good principles.
7. Who encourages Fanny to accept an invitation to dinner at the Grants?
(a) Sir Thomas.
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Rushworth.
8. What is Maria's reaction when Henry leaves for a trip in Chapter 20?
(c) Slightly worried.
(d) Not bothered at all.
9. Who teaches Fanny a card game at the Parsonage?
(d) Sir Thomas.
10. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) A letter has arrived for him.
(b) He has been promoted.
(c) He is needed in another town.
(d) His ship left the harbour.
11. Who desires to see Fanny dance at a ball?
(d) Sir Thomas.
12. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Telegram from Mary.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) Lady Bertram's letter.
13. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
(a) Because of Mr. Price's bad manners.
(b) He will want her to marry Henry.
(c) He will think Henry too refined.
(d) He will ask too many questions.
14. What word does Mary use to describe the rumor that is circulating about Henry and Maria when she writes to Fanny?
15. What does Fanny learn from the letter she receives from Lady Bertram while she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Mrs. Norris has caught a cold.
(b) Lady Bertram will be sending books.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Grant are renovating the Parsonage.
(d) Tom is ill with a fever.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Mary visit with Fanny before she leaves Mansfield Park?
2. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
3. Who are the Owens?
4. How long does Edmund plan to be gone when he leaves the day after the ball?
5. Why does Edmund extend his stay in Peterborough?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)