|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
(b) Crazy Eights.
2. What does Lady Bertram say when William tells them about his adventures at sea?
(a) "What wonderful adventures!"
(c) "I'd love to go to sea!"
(d) "How disagreeable!"
3. What does Fanny borrow from Mary to wear at the ball?
(c) Necklace chain.
4. What does Fanny help her younger siblings with when she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Teaching them to bake pies.
(b) Piano practice.
(d) Speaking French.
5. What plan does Henry tell Mary about in Chapter 24?
(a) Making Fanny fall in love with him.
(b) Going hunting every day.
(c) Spending more time reading.
(d) Leaving Mansfield Park and going to London.
6. What is the topic of conversation between Edmund and Henry while they are in the drawing room with Fanny and Lady Bertram?
(b) The art of reading.
7. What do Fanny and William say they would like to drink when they arrive at their parents' house?
8. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
(a) Got engaged.
(b) Danced together.
(c) Acted in a play.
9. How does Sir Thomas feel about Yates?
(a) Finds hims wearisome and offensive.
(b) Believes that he's creative.
(c) Thinks that he's highly intelligent.
(d) Views him as dull.
10. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
11. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
(a) The newspaper.
(b) Lady Bertram's letter.
(c) Her mother.
(d) Telegram from Mary.
12. Who desires to see Fanny dance at a ball?
(d) Sir Thomas.
13. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
(a) He has good principles.
(b) He is too boastful.
(c) He has no energy for life.
(d) He doesn't understand the danger of the sea.
14. Why does Fanny go to Portsmouth?
(a) To visit Mary's home.
(b) To go to college.
(c) To become a governess.
(d) To visit her family.
15. What does Fanny learn from the letter she receives from Lady Bertram while she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Grant are renovating the Parsonage.
(b) Tom is ill with a fever.
(c) Lady Bertram will be sending books.
(d) Mrs. Norris has caught a cold.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
2. What is the last meal Fanny and William share before William goes back to sea November 24?
3. How long does Edmund plan to be gone when he leaves the day after the ball?
4. Who encourages Fanny to accept an invitation to dinner at the Grants?
5. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)