|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Fanny been away from Mansfield Park?
(a) Three months.
(b) Twenty days.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three weeks.
2. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
3. Where does Mary visit with Fanny before she leaves Mansfield Park?
(a) Breakfast room.
(b) Drawing room.
(d) East Room.
4. What do Fanny and William say they would like to drink when they arrive at their parents' house?
5. Why does Edmund decide to postpone his trip to London and stay with his parents at Mansfield Park?
(a) To keep them company so they will not be alone.
(b) His mother is sick.
(c) His sisters are visiting.
(d) To wait for Mary to return.
6. What does Lady Bertram promise to Fanny that she never offered to Maria?
(a) A trip to London.
(b) New dress.
7. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will miss her special room.
(b) That she will not see Edmund.
(c) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
(d) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
8. Why is Fanny caught in the rain near the Parsonage after Maria is married?
(a) She is on an errand for Mrs. Norris.
(b) Sir Thomas asks her to fetch a book from the Parsonage.
(c) She is gathering flowers.
(d) She is horseback riding.
9. When does Sir Thomas plan to fetch Fanny from Portsmouth?
(a) In the summer.
(b) In three days.
(c) After Easter.
(d) By Christmas.
10. Who leads off the dancing at the ball in Chapter 28?
(a) William and Mrs. Norris.
(b) Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram.
(c) Edmund and Mary.
(d) Fanny and Henry.
11. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
(a) She went home to Mansfield Park.
(b) She made a fool of herself at a ball.
(c) She is being courted.
(d) She is studying acting.
12. What does Fanny learn from the letter she receives from Lady Bertram while she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Tom is ill with a fever.
(b) Mrs. Norris has caught a cold.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Grant are renovating the Parsonage.
(d) Lady Bertram will be sending books.
13. Who desires to see Fanny dance at a ball?
(a) Sir Thomas.
14. Whom does Fanny consult about what to wear to the ball in November?
(a) Lady Bertram.
(b) Mrs. Norris.
15. What does Henry tell Mary that he is determined to do regarding Fanny?
(a) Leave her behind.
(b) Marry her.
(c) Refine her horseback-riding skills.
(d) Treat her like a sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund tell Fanny that Sir Thomas thinks about her in Chapter 21?
2. What kind of manner does Fanny have that makes Henry believe that she might love him?
3. What does Mr. Price offer to give Henry a tour of?
4. What word does Fanny use to describe to Sir Thomas how she would feel being married to Henry?
5. How does Sir Thomas react when Fanny tells him she does not want to marry Henry?
This section contains 513 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)