|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanny learn from the letter she receives from Lady Bertram while she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Lady Bertram will be sending books.
(b) Mrs. Norris has caught a cold.
(c) Mr. and Mrs. Grant are renovating the Parsonage.
(d) Tom is ill with a fever.
2. What does Mrs. Norris take home from the theater at Mansfield Park?
(a) Part of the scenery.
(b) Copy of play.
(c) Mr. Rushworth's costume.
(d) Green curtain.
3. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
(a) What color it should be painted.
(b) Whom to hire about mending the roof.
(c) How to build a fence.
(d) The renovation of the house.
4. When does Sir Thomas plan to fetch Fanny from Portsmouth?
(a) In three days.
(b) In the summer.
(c) After Easter.
(d) By Christmas.
5. How does Mrs. Norris describe Fanny when she is speaking to Sir Thomas at the end of Chapter 32?
(a) Independent and secretive.
6. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
(a) Shreds them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Locks them away.
(d) Gives them to the butler.
7. What word does Mary use to describe the rumor that is circulating about Henry and Maria when she writes to Fanny?
8. What is the last meal Fanny and William share before William goes back to sea November 24?
9. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
(a) Marrying without affection.
(b) Arguing with Sir Thomas.
(c) Mrs. Norris' insults.
(d) Wasting food.
10. Where is Fanny often invited after Maria and Julia leave Mansfield Park?
11. What does Lady Bertram promise to Fanny that she never offered to Maria?
(c) A trip to London.
(d) New dress.
12. Why does Edmund decide to postpone his trip to London and stay with his parents at Mansfield Park?
(a) To wait for Mary to return.
(b) To keep them company so they will not be alone.
(c) His mother is sick.
(d) His sisters are visiting.
13. What does Fanny help her younger siblings with when she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Speaking French.
(b) Teaching them to bake pies.
(d) Piano practice.
14. How does Edmund look when he arrives at the Price's house?
15. How does Sir Thomas react when Fanny tells him she does not want to marry Henry?
(b) So angry he cannot speak.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund tell Fanny that Sir Thomas thinks about her in Chapter 21?
2. What does Sir Thomas inquire about Maria's wishes regarding her marriage?
3. How long had Fanny been away from Mansfield Park?
4. Where has Julia asked permission of her parents to go at the beginning of Chapter 29?
5. Why does Edmund extend his stay in Peterborough?
This section contains 511 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)