|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
(a) Whom to hire about mending the roof.
(b) What color it should be painted.
(c) The renovation of the house.
(d) How to build a fence.
2. What does Lady Bertram say when William tells them about his adventures at sea?
(a) "What wonderful adventures!"
(c) "I'd love to go to sea!"
(d) "How disagreeable!"
3. What is the name of the street where Fanny, Susan and Henry meet Mr. Price?
(a) High Street.
(b) Division Street.
(c) Elm Street.
(d) Main Street.
4. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
(a) Wasting food.
(b) Mrs. Norris' insults.
(c) Arguing with Sir Thomas.
(d) Marrying without affection.
5. Who tells Fanny that William has been promoted?
(d) Sir Thomas.
6. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
7. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will miss her special room.
(b) That she will not see Edmund.
(c) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
(d) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
8. What does Mrs. Norris suggest she might do that horrifies William and Fanny before they leave for Portsmouth?
(a) Go on a walking tour of the alps.
(b) Travel with them to Portsmouth.
(c) Travel alone to another country.
(d) Become an actress.
9. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
(a) He will ask too many questions.
(b) He will think Henry too refined.
(c) Because of Mr. Price's bad manners.
(d) He will want her to marry Henry.
10. What is Maria's reaction when Henry leaves for a trip in Chapter 20?
(a) Slightly worried.
(d) Not bothered at all.
11. What does Sir Thomas offer to Fanny that Mrs. Norris finds objectionable in Chapter 23?
12. What is Sir Thomas surprised to discover when he visits Fanny in her room?
(a) It is a long walk from the drawing room.
(b) Her room has never been repainted.
(c) She has no fire in the grate.
(d) Her room is beautifully decorated.
13. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
(c) Lively and affectionate.
14. What plan does Henry tell Mary about in Chapter 24?
(a) Spending more time reading.
(b) Going hunting every day.
(c) Leaving Mansfield Park and going to London.
(d) Making Fanny fall in love with him.
15. What does Lady Bertram promise to Fanny that she never offered to Maria?
(b) New dress.
(d) A trip to London.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fanny help her younger siblings with when she is in Portsmouth?
2. What piece of jewelry does William bring Fanny from Sicily?
3. Where does Henry tell Tom he is going when he visits the family in the breakfast room?
4. How does Fanny introduce Henry to her family?
5. What is the topic of conversation between Edmund and Henry while they are in the drawing room with Fanny and Lady Bertram?
This section contains 514 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)