|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
(a) He will want her to marry Henry.
(b) He will think Henry too refined.
(c) Because of Mr. Price's bad manners.
(d) He will ask too many questions.
2. Whom does Fanny think her mother resembles?
(b) Her sister, Susan.
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
3. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
4. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will miss her special room.
(b) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
(c) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
(d) That she will not see Edmund.
5. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) A letter has arrived for him.
(b) His ship left the harbour.
(c) He has been promoted.
(d) He is needed in another town.
6. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
(c) Crazy Eights.
7. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
8. How long had Fanny been away from Mansfield Park?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three months.
(c) Twenty days.
(d) Six months.
9. Where does Henry tell Tom he is going when he visits the family in the breakfast room?
10. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
(a) Danced together.
(b) Acted in a play.
(d) Got engaged.
11. What does Fanny borrow from Mary to wear at the ball?
(d) Necklace chain.
12. What does Mrs. Norris suggest she might do that horrifies William and Fanny before they leave for Portsmouth?
(a) Travel alone to another country.
(b) Become an actress.
(c) Go on a walking tour of the alps.
(d) Travel with them to Portsmouth.
13. What is Fanny reading to Lady Bertram right before Edmund and Henry enter the drawing room?
14. What is Maria's reaction when Henry leaves for a trip in Chapter 20?
(a) Not bothered at all.
(c) Slightly worried.
15. What does Sir Thomas offer to Fanny that Mrs. Norris finds objectionable in Chapter 23?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Fanny consult about what to wear to the ball in November?
2. What does Mrs. Grant say will be served at dinner when she invites Fanny to dine with them?
3. What is the name of the street where Fanny, Susan and Henry meet Mr. Price?
4. Where will the ball be held November 22?
5. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)