|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Norris describe Fanny when she is speaking to Sir Thomas at the end of Chapter 32?
(b) Independent and secretive.
2. Where has Julia asked permission of her parents to go at the beginning of Chapter 29?
(b) Mansfield Park.
3. Why does Edmund extend his stay in Peterborough?
(a) To avoid Mary.
(b) He wants new experiences.
(c) He is tired of Mrs. Norris.
(d) He falls in love.
4. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
(b) Travel stories.
(c) Knowledge of history.
(d) Odd behavior.
5. How long had Fanny been away from Mansfield Park?
(a) Six months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Twenty days.
(d) Three months.
6. Where is Fanny often invited after Maria and Julia leave Mansfield Park?
7. Whom does Sir Thomas criticize for letting his children perform a play?
(b) Mrs. Grant.
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
8. What does Edmund tell Fanny that Sir Thomas thinks about her in Chapter 21?
(a) She is pretty.
(b) She is tall.
(c) He does not admire her.
(d) She speaks too much.
9. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
(a) Marrying without affection.
(b) Wasting food.
(c) Arguing with Sir Thomas.
(d) Mrs. Norris' insults.
10. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
(a) Acted in a play.
(b) Got engaged.
(c) Danced together.
11. Where does Mary visit with Fanny before she leaves Mansfield Park?
(b) Breakfast room.
(c) East Room.
(d) Drawing room.
12. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
(a) Crazy Eights.
13. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
14. What time does Edmund arrive at the Price's house to retrieve Fanny?
(a) Eight a.m.
(d) Four p.m.
15. Whom does Fanny consult about what to wear to the ball in November?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(b) Lady Bertram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street where Fanny, Susan and Henry meet Mr. Price?
2. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
3. What does Fanny learn from the letter she receives from Lady Bertram while she is in Portsmouth?
4. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
5. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)