|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund tell Fanny that Sir Thomas thinks about her in Chapter 21?
(a) She speaks too much.
(b) He does not admire her.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She is tall.
2. To what rank is William promoted?
3. What does Henry say he wishes to do with Thornton Lacey the following winter?
(a) Raise chickens.
(b) Give Edmund a surprise party.
(c) Plant crops.
(d) Rent the house.
4. Who encourages Fanny to accept an invitation to dinner at the Grants?
(a) Sir Thomas.
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Rushworth.
5. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
(a) He treats all the ladies with indifference.
(b) He is refined in manner.
(c) He is superior to any other men.
(d) She is not impressed.
6. How does Fanny introduce Henry to her family?
(a) As Maria's sweetheart.
(b) As Sir Thomas' messenger.
(c) As William's friend.
(d) As Edmund's friend.
7. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
(a) He doesn't understand the danger of the sea.
(b) He has good principles.
(c) He has no energy for life.
(d) He is too boastful.
8. Where does Henry tell Tom he is going when he visits the family in the breakfast room?
9. Who is invited to Mansfield Park when Fanny is asked to return with Edmund?
(a) Mrs. Price.
10. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
(a) Mrs. Norris' insults.
(b) Wasting food.
(c) Marrying without affection.
(d) Arguing with Sir Thomas.
11. How does Edmund look when he arrives at the Price's house?
12. How long does Fanny plan to stay in Portsmouth?
(a) Six weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) One month.
13. What words does Lady Bertram use to greet Fanny upon her return to Mansfield Park?
(a) "Come in and make yourself at home."
(b) "Now I shall be comfortable."
(c) "How beautiful you look."
(d) "How nice to see you again."
14. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
(a) Danced together.
(c) Acted in a play.
(d) Got engaged.
15. Where did Maria and Mr. Rushworth live for a time after their wedding?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the last meal Fanny and William share before William goes back to sea November 24?
2. What time does Edmund arrive at the Price's house to retrieve Fanny?
3. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
4. What does Mrs. Norris suggest she might do that horrifies William and Fanny before they leave for Portsmouth?
5. What does Mrs. Grant say will be served at dinner when she invites Fanny to dine with them?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)