|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Fanny often invited after Maria and Julia leave Mansfield Park?
2. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
(a) He treats all the ladies with indifference.
(b) She is not impressed.
(c) He is superior to any other men.
(d) He is refined in manner.
3. Who teaches Fanny a card game at the Parsonage?
(d) Sir Thomas.
4. What time does Edmund arrive at the Price's house to retrieve Fanny?
(c) Eight a.m.
(d) Four p.m.
5. What does Mrs. Norris suggest she might do that horrifies William and Fanny before they leave for Portsmouth?
(a) Travel with them to Portsmouth.
(b) Go on a walking tour of the alps.
(c) Travel alone to another country.
(d) Become an actress.
6. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
7. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
(b) That she will not see Edmund.
(c) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
(d) That she will miss her special room.
8. What does Lady Bertram promise to Fanny that she never offered to Maria?
(c) New dress.
(d) A trip to London.
9. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
(c) Crazy Eights.
10. What does Mr. Price offer to give Henry a tour of?
(a) Fishing boat.
(b) Hardware store.
(d) Farmer's market.
11. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) He has been promoted.
(b) His ship left the harbour.
(c) He is needed in another town.
(d) A letter has arrived for him.
12. How does Mrs. Norris describe Fanny when she is speaking to Sir Thomas at the end of Chapter 32?
(d) Independent and secretive.
13. Who tells Fanny that William has been promoted?
(b) Sir Thomas.
14. How does Sir Thomas react when Fanny tells him she does not want to marry Henry?
(d) So angry he cannot speak.
15. What does Sir Thomas inquire about Maria's wishes regarding her marriage?
(a) If she wants to break her engagement.
(b) How soon she wants to be married.
(c) The amount of money she needs to buy her gown.
(d) Where she wants to have her wedding reception.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
2. What does Mrs. Norris take home from the theater at Mansfield Park?
3. What words does Lady Bertram use to greet Fanny upon her return to Mansfield Park?
4. What does Fanny help her younger siblings with when she is in Portsmouth?
5. How does Fanny react when Henry visits her in Portsmouth?
This section contains 505 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)