|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edmund extend his stay in Peterborough?
(a) To avoid Mary.
(b) He is tired of Mrs. Norris.
(c) He wants new experiences.
(d) He falls in love.
2. Where is Fanny often invited after Maria and Julia leave Mansfield Park?
3. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will not see Edmund.
(b) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
(c) That she will miss her special room.
(d) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
4. What does Mrs. Norris take home from the theater at Mansfield Park?
(a) Green curtain.
(b) Mr. Rushworth's costume.
(c) Part of the scenery.
(d) Copy of play.
5. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
(a) He will ask too many questions.
(b) He will want her to marry Henry.
(c) Because of Mr. Price's bad manners.
(d) He will think Henry too refined.
6. What piece of jewelry does William bring Fanny from Sicily?
(a) Diamond bracelet.
(b) Ruby ring.
(c) Pearl earrings.
(d) Amber cross.
7. Why does Edmund decide to postpone his trip to London and stay with his parents at Mansfield Park?
(a) To wait for Mary to return.
(b) His sisters are visiting.
(c) His mother is sick.
(d) To keep them company so they will not be alone.
8. How does Fanny introduce Henry to her family?
(a) As Sir Thomas' messenger.
(b) As Maria's sweetheart.
(c) As Edmund's friend.
(d) As William's friend.
9. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
(a) Lively and affectionate.
10. How is it that William gets a leave of absence to visit Fanny in Chapter 24?
(a) Through Henry's intervention.
(b) Fanny requests it.
(c) He is due a vacation.
(d) Sir Thomas knows an admiral who arranged it.
11. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
(a) She is not impressed.
(b) He is refined in manner.
(c) He is superior to any other men.
(d) He treats all the ladies with indifference.
12. What kind of manner does Fanny have that makes Henry believe that she might love him?
13. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) He has been promoted.
(b) A letter has arrived for him.
(c) He is needed in another town.
(d) His ship left the harbour.
14. What word does Mary use to describe the rumor that is circulating about Henry and Maria when she writes to Fanny?
15. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
(a) He has good principles.
(b) He is too boastful.
(c) He has no energy for life.
(d) He doesn't understand the danger of the sea.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
2. Where did Maria and Mr. Rushworth live for a time after their wedding?
3. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
4. What does Fanny help her younger siblings with when she is in Portsmouth?
5. What do Fanny and William say they would like to drink when they arrive at their parents' house?
This section contains 533 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)