|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where has Julia asked permission of her parents to go at the beginning of Chapter 29?
(d) Mansfield Park.
2. What do Fanny and William say they would like to drink when they arrive at their parents' house?
3. What does Henry say he wishes to do with Thornton Lacey the following winter?
(a) Plant crops.
(b) Rent the house.
(c) Raise chickens.
(d) Give Edmund a surprise party.
4. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
(a) Got engaged.
(b) Danced together.
(d) Acted in a play.
5. What is the topic of conversation between Edmund and Henry while they are in the drawing room with Fanny and Lady Bertram?
(c) The art of reading.
6. What does Sir Thomas offer to Fanny that Mrs. Norris finds objectionable in Chapter 23?
7. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
(a) She went home to Mansfield Park.
(b) She made a fool of herself at a ball.
(c) She is studying acting.
(d) She is being courted.
8. What does Lady Bertram say when William tells them about his adventures at sea?
(a) "What wonderful adventures!"
(c) "How disagreeable!"
(d) "I'd love to go to sea!"
9. How long does Fanny plan to stay in Portsmouth?
(a) One month.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Two months.
(d) Six weeks.
10. What time does Edmund arrive at the Price's house to retrieve Fanny?
(a) Eight a.m.
(c) Four p.m.
11. Who leads off the dancing at the ball in Chapter 28?
(a) Fanny and Henry.
(b) Edmund and Mary.
(c) Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram.
(d) William and Mrs. Norris.
12. What piece of jewelry does William bring Fanny from Sicily?
(a) Ruby ring.
(b) Diamond bracelet.
(c) Amber cross.
(d) Pearl earrings.
13. What does Edmund tell Fanny that Sir Thomas thinks about her in Chapter 21?
(a) He does not admire her.
(b) She is tall.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She speaks too much.
14. What does Mrs. Grant say will be served at dinner when she invites Fanny to dine with them?
(c) Roast beef.
15. How does Fanny react when Henry visits her in Portsmouth?
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose home does Edmund see Mary while he is in London?
2. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
3. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
4. Where does Mary visit with Fanny before she leaves Mansfield Park?
5. Whom does Fanny consult about what to wear to the ball in November?
This section contains 440 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)