|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanny learn from the letter she receives from Lady Bertram while she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Grant are renovating the Parsonage.
(b) Tom is ill with a fever.
(c) Lady Bertram will be sending books.
(d) Mrs. Norris has caught a cold.
2. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Gives them to the butler.
(c) Shreds them.
(d) Locks them away.
3. Why does Fanny go to Portsmouth?
(a) To visit her family.
(b) To visit Mary's home.
(c) To become a governess.
(d) To go to college.
4. What words does Lady Bertram use to greet Fanny upon her return to Mansfield Park?
(a) "Now I shall be comfortable."
(b) "How nice to see you again."
(c) "How beautiful you look."
(d) "Come in and make yourself at home."
5. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
(a) Danced together.
(b) Got engaged.
(c) Acted in a play.
6. Whom does Edmund see walking in the village when he returns to Mansfield?
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Henry and Mary.
7. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
(d) Crazy Eights.
8. What does Mrs. Norris suggest she might do that horrifies William and Fanny before they leave for Portsmouth?
(a) Go on a walking tour of the alps.
(b) Travel alone to another country.
(c) Travel with them to Portsmouth.
(d) Become an actress.
9. What word does Fanny use to describe to Sir Thomas how she would feel being married to Henry?
10. Who is invited to Mansfield Park when Fanny is asked to return with Edmund?
(d) Mrs. Price.
11. Who are the Owens?
(a) The Grants' housekeeper and butler.
(b) Groundskeepers at Sotherton.
(c) Family that Edmund stays with in Peterborough.
(d) Mansfield Park's manager and his wife.
12. What piece of jewelry does William bring Fanny from Sicily?
(a) Amber cross.
(b) Pearl earrings.
(c) Ruby ring.
(d) Diamond bracelet.
13. What does Henry loan to William at the end of Chapter 24?
(d) Walking cane.
14. Where will the ball be held November 22?
(d) Mansfield Park.
15. Whom does Fanny think her mother resembles?
(a) Her sister, Susan.
(c) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Lady Bertram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who encourages Fanny to accept an invitation to dinner at the Grants?
2. Whom does Sir Thomas criticize for letting his children perform a play?
3. Who leads off the dancing at the ball in Chapter 28?
4. How long does Fanny plan to stay in Portsmouth?
5. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)