|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long had Fanny been away from Mansfield Park?
(a) Twenty days.
(b) Six months.
(c) Three months.
(d) Three weeks.
2. How is it that William gets a leave of absence to visit Fanny in Chapter 24?
(a) Sir Thomas knows an admiral who arranged it.
(b) Through Henry's intervention.
(c) Fanny requests it.
(d) He is due a vacation.
3. Whom does Fanny consult about what to wear to the ball in November?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Lady Bertram.
4. What is Sir Thomas surprised to discover when he visits Fanny in her room?
(a) Her room is beautifully decorated.
(b) It is a long walk from the drawing room.
(c) Her room has never been repainted.
(d) She has no fire in the grate.
5. What is the topic of conversation between Edmund and Henry while they are in the drawing room with Fanny and Lady Bertram?
(d) The art of reading.
6. What does Fanny borrow from Mary to wear at the ball?
(c) Necklace chain.
7. What is the name of the street where Fanny, Susan and Henry meet Mr. Price?
(a) Elm Street.
(b) High Street.
(c) Division Street.
(d) Main Street.
8. What does Fanny help her younger siblings with when she is in Portsmouth?
(b) Teaching them to bake pies.
(c) Piano practice.
(d) Speaking French.
9. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
(a) Acted in a play.
(b) Danced together.
(c) Got engaged.
10. Why is Fanny caught in the rain near the Parsonage after Maria is married?
(a) She is on an errand for Mrs. Norris.
(b) Sir Thomas asks her to fetch a book from the Parsonage.
(c) She is gathering flowers.
(d) She is horseback riding.
11. How does Sir Thomas feel about Yates?
(a) Thinks that he's highly intelligent.
(b) Views him as dull.
(c) Believes that he's creative.
(d) Finds hims wearisome and offensive.
12. What word does Mary use to describe the rumor that is circulating about Henry and Maria when she writes to Fanny?
13. Why does Fanny go to Portsmouth?
(a) To become a governess.
(b) To go to college.
(c) To visit Mary's home.
(d) To visit her family.
14. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) He is needed in another town.
(b) He has been promoted.
(c) His ship left the harbour.
(d) A letter has arrived for him.
15. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
(a) Mrs. Norris' insults.
(b) Arguing with Sir Thomas.
(c) Marrying without affection.
(d) Wasting food.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
2. What does Sir Thomas inquire about Maria's wishes regarding her marriage?
3. Whom does Sir Thomas criticize for letting his children perform a play?
4. Who traveled with Maria and Mr. Rushworth after they were married?
5. Where did Maria and Mr. Rushworth live for a time after their wedding?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)