|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
(c) Crazy Eights.
2. What does Sir Thomas inquire about Maria's wishes regarding her marriage?
(a) If she wants to break her engagement.
(b) The amount of money she needs to buy her gown.
(c) Where she wants to have her wedding reception.
(d) How soon she wants to be married.
3. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
(a) Somewhat amusing.
(c) Very unhappy.
(d) Happiest summer she ever had.
4. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
5. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
(a) He doesn't understand the danger of the sea.
(b) He has no energy for life.
(c) He is too boastful.
(d) He has good principles.
6. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) He has been promoted.
(b) His ship left the harbour.
(c) A letter has arrived for him.
(d) He is needed in another town.
7. Why is Fanny caught in the rain near the Parsonage after Maria is married?
(a) Sir Thomas asks her to fetch a book from the Parsonage.
(b) She is on an errand for Mrs. Norris.
(c) She is gathering flowers.
(d) She is horseback riding.
8. Whom does Sir Thomas criticize for letting his children perform a play?
(a) Mrs. Grant.
(b) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
9. How does Mrs. Norris describe Fanny when she is speaking to Sir Thomas at the end of Chapter 32?
(c) Independent and secretive.
10. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
(a) She went home to Mansfield Park.
(b) She is studying acting.
(c) She made a fool of herself at a ball.
(d) She is being courted.
11. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
(a) Because of Mr. Price's bad manners.
(b) He will ask too many questions.
(c) He will think Henry too refined.
(d) He will want her to marry Henry.
12. What does Mary learn about Edmund the night he and Fanny have dinner with the Grants?
(a) He never wants to marry.
(b) He is going to propose to her.
(c) He is engaged to someone else.
(d) He will be taking his orders soon.
13. Why does Fanny go to Portsmouth?
(a) To become a governess.
(b) To go to college.
(c) To visit her family.
(d) To visit Mary's home.
14. How many dances does Edmund request Mary to save for him at the ball in November?
15. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
(b) Lively and affectionate.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who traveled with Maria and Mr. Rushworth after they were married?
2. What is Fanny reading to Lady Bertram right before Edmund and Henry enter the drawing room?
3. Where did Maria and Mr. Rushworth live for a time after their wedding?
4. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
5. What does Mrs. Grant say will be served at dinner when she invites Fanny to dine with them?
This section contains 524 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)