|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it that William gets a leave of absence to visit Fanny in Chapter 24?
(a) He is due a vacation.
(b) Sir Thomas knows an admiral who arranged it.
(c) Through Henry's intervention.
(d) Fanny requests it.
2. Why is Fanny caught in the rain near the Parsonage after Maria is married?
(a) She is gathering flowers.
(b) Sir Thomas asks her to fetch a book from the Parsonage.
(c) She is on an errand for Mrs. Norris.
(d) She is horseback riding.
3. Where is Fanny often invited after Maria and Julia leave Mansfield Park?
4. What does Henry loan to William at the end of Chapter 24?
(c) Walking cane.
5. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
6. What is the last meal Fanny and William share before William goes back to sea November 24?
7. Whom does Fanny consult about what to wear to the ball in November?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(b) Lady Bertram.
8. How does Fanny introduce Henry to her family?
(a) As Edmund's friend.
(b) As Sir Thomas' messenger.
(c) As William's friend.
(d) As Maria's sweetheart.
9. How long does Fanny plan to stay in Portsmouth?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) Six weeks.
10. Where does Mary visit with Fanny before she leaves Mansfield Park?
(b) Drawing room.
(c) Breakfast room.
(d) East Room.
11. How does Fanny react when Henry visits her in Portsmouth?
12. What does Mr. Price offer to give Henry a tour of?
(b) Farmer's market.
(c) Hardware store.
(d) Fishing boat.
13. How does Sir Thomas react when Fanny tells him she does not want to marry Henry?
(c) So angry he cannot speak.
14. Who desires to see Fanny dance at a ball?
(a) Sir Thomas.
15. How long does Edmund plan to be gone when he leaves the day after the ball?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) One week.
(d) Six months.
Short Answer Questions
1. In whose home does Edmund see Mary while he is in London?
2. What does Mrs. Grant say will be served at dinner when she invites Fanny to dine with them?
3. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
4. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
5. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)