|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Edmund look when he arrives at the Price's house?
2. Why does Fanny go to Portsmouth?
(a) To visit her family.
(b) To become a governess.
(c) To visit Mary's home.
(d) To go to college.
3. Who traveled with Maria and Mr. Rushworth after they were married?
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
4. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
(a) Marrying without affection.
(b) Arguing with Sir Thomas.
(c) Mrs. Norris' insults.
(d) Wasting food.
5. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
(d) Lively and affectionate.
6. What does Fanny borrow from Mary to wear at the ball?
(d) Necklace chain.
7. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
(a) Travel stories.
(b) Odd behavior.
(d) Knowledge of history.
8. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will not see Edmund.
(b) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
(c) That she will miss her special room.
(d) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
9. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
(a) Lady Bertram's letter.
(b) The newspaper.
(c) Telegram from Mary.
(d) Her mother.
10. What is the last meal Fanny and William share before William goes back to sea November 24?
11. Who leads off the dancing at the ball in Chapter 28?
(a) William and Mrs. Norris.
(b) Edmund and Mary.
(c) Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram.
(d) Fanny and Henry.
12. What word does Fanny use to describe to Sir Thomas how she would feel being married to Henry?
13. Why does Edmund extend his stay in Peterborough?
(a) He falls in love.
(b) He is tired of Mrs. Norris.
(c) He wants new experiences.
(d) To avoid Mary.
14. What piece of jewelry does William bring Fanny from Sicily?
(a) Ruby ring.
(b) Amber cross.
(c) Diamond bracelet.
(d) Pearl earrings.
15. What does Mrs. Norris take home from the theater at Mansfield Park?
(a) Mr. Rushworth's costume.
(b) Copy of play.
(c) Green curtain.
(d) Part of the scenery.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the street where Fanny, Susan and Henry meet Mr. Price?
2. Who are the Owens?
3. Whom does Fanny think her mother resembles?
4. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
5. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)