|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Fanny and William say they would like to drink when they arrive at their parents' house?
2. Why is Fanny caught in the rain near the Parsonage after Maria is married?
(a) She is on an errand for Mrs. Norris.
(b) Sir Thomas asks her to fetch a book from the Parsonage.
(c) She is horseback riding.
(d) She is gathering flowers.
3. Who encourages Fanny to accept an invitation to dinner at the Grants?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(b) Sir Thomas.
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Rushworth.
4. Who traveled with Maria and Mr. Rushworth after they were married?
(a) Lady Bertram.
(c) Mrs. Norris.
5. How is it that William gets a leave of absence to visit Fanny in Chapter 24?
(a) Sir Thomas knows an admiral who arranged it.
(b) He is due a vacation.
(c) Fanny requests it.
(d) Through Henry's intervention.
6. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
(b) Somewhat amusing.
(c) Very unhappy.
(d) Happiest summer she ever had.
7. Whom does Edmund see walking in the village when he returns to Mansfield?
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Henry and Mary.
8. What is the last meal Fanny and William share before William goes back to sea November 24?
9. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
(d) Lively and affectionate.
10. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
(a) She went home to Mansfield Park.
(b) She is studying acting.
(c) She made a fool of herself at a ball.
(d) She is being courted.
11. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
12. What is the topic of conversation between Edmund and Henry while they are in the drawing room with Fanny and Lady Bertram?
(a) The art of reading.
13. How many dances does Edmund request Mary to save for him at the ball in November?
14. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
(a) Arguing with Sir Thomas.
(b) Marrying without affection.
(c) Wasting food.
(d) Mrs. Norris' insults.
15. What did Julia and Yates do that Edmund describes in a letter to Fanny?
(b) Got engaged.
(c) Danced together.
(d) Acted in a play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fanny reading to Lady Bertram right before Edmund and Henry enter the drawing room?
2. How does Fanny react when Henry visits her in Portsmouth?
3. Why does Edmund extend his stay in Peterborough?
4. What word does Mary use to describe the rumor that is circulating about Henry and Maria when she writes to Fanny?
5. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
This section contains 466 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)