|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last meal Fanny and William share before William goes back to sea November 24?
2. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
(a) Burns them.
(b) Shreds them.
(c) Gives them to the butler.
(d) Locks them away.
3. Why is Fanny caught in the rain near the Parsonage after Maria is married?
(a) She is horseback riding.
(b) Sir Thomas asks her to fetch a book from the Parsonage.
(c) She is gathering flowers.
(d) She is on an errand for Mrs. Norris.
4. What is Sir Thomas surprised to discover when he visits Fanny in her room?
(a) It is a long walk from the drawing room.
(b) Her room has never been repainted.
(c) Her room is beautifully decorated.
(d) She has no fire in the grate.
5. Why does Edmund decide to postpone his trip to London and stay with his parents at Mansfield Park?
(a) His mother is sick.
(b) His sisters are visiting.
(c) To wait for Mary to return.
(d) To keep them company so they will not be alone.
6. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
7. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
(a) Odd behavior.
(b) Knowledge of history.
(c) Travel stories.
8. Who leads off the dancing at the ball in Chapter 28?
(a) Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram.
(b) Edmund and Mary.
(c) Fanny and Henry.
(d) William and Mrs. Norris.
9. What time does Edmund arrive at the Price's house to retrieve Fanny?
(a) Eight a.m.
(d) Four p.m.
10. What is the name of the street where Fanny, Susan and Henry meet Mr. Price?
(a) Elm Street.
(b) High Street.
(c) Main Street.
(d) Division Street.
11. Who is invited to Mansfield Park when Fanny is asked to return with Edmund?
(d) Mrs. Price.
12. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will not see Edmund.
(b) That she will miss her special room.
(c) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
(d) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
13. What does Henry tell Mary that he is determined to do regarding Fanny?
(a) Marry her.
(b) Treat her like a sister.
(c) Leave her behind.
(d) Refine her horseback-riding skills.
14. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
(a) Lady Bertram's letter.
(b) Her mother.
(c) Telegram from Mary.
(d) The newspaper.
15. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
(a) The renovation of the house.
(b) Whom to hire about mending the roof.
(c) How to build a fence.
(d) What color it should be painted.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sir Thomas feel about Yates?
2. Whom does Fanny consult about what to wear to the ball in November?
3. How is it that William gets a leave of absence to visit Fanny in Chapter 24?
4. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
5. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)