|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
(a) Shreds them.
(b) Burns them.
(c) Locks them away.
(d) Gives them to the butler.
2. What is Sir Thomas surprised to discover when he visits Fanny in her room?
(a) Her room has never been repainted.
(b) Her room is beautifully decorated.
(c) She has no fire in the grate.
(d) It is a long walk from the drawing room.
3. What is Maria's reaction when Henry leaves for a trip in Chapter 20?
(a) Slightly worried.
(c) Not bothered at all.
4. What does Mary learn about Edmund the night he and Fanny have dinner with the Grants?
(a) He is engaged to someone else.
(b) He will be taking his orders soon.
(c) He is going to propose to her.
(d) He never wants to marry.
5. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
(a) Because of Mr. Price's bad manners.
(b) He will think Henry too refined.
(c) He will ask too many questions.
(d) He will want her to marry Henry.
6. Where does Henry tell Tom he is going when he visits the family in the breakfast room?
7. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will miss her special room.
(b) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
(c) That she will not see Edmund.
(d) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
8. What does Lady Bertram say when William tells them about his adventures at sea?
(a) "How disagreeable!"
(b) "I'd love to go to sea!"
(c) "What wonderful adventures!"
9. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
10. When does Sir Thomas plan to fetch Fanny from Portsmouth?
(a) In three days.
(b) By Christmas.
(c) After Easter.
(d) In the summer.
11. What does Lady Bertram promise to Fanny that she never offered to Maria?
(b) A trip to London.
(d) New dress.
12. Why does Edmund decide to postpone his trip to London and stay with his parents at Mansfield Park?
(a) His sisters are visiting.
(b) To wait for Mary to return.
(c) To keep them company so they will not be alone.
(d) His mother is sick.
13. What is Sir Thomas' opinion of William in Chapter 24?
(a) He has no energy for life.
(b) He doesn't understand the danger of the sea.
(c) He has good principles.
(d) He is too boastful.
14. Where does Fanny learn about Maria and Henry's scandal?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Lady Bertram's letter.
(c) The newspaper.
(d) Telegram from Mary.
15. What does Sir Thomas inquire about Maria's wishes regarding her marriage?
(a) If she wants to break her engagement.
(b) Where she wants to have her wedding reception.
(c) How soon she wants to be married.
(d) The amount of money she needs to buy her gown.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fanny feel about the letter she receives from Edmund at the beginning of Chapter 44?
2. How does Mrs. Norris describe Fanny when she is speaking to Sir Thomas at the end of Chapter 32?
3. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
4. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
5. Who tells Fanny that William has been promoted?
This section contains 557 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)