|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
(a) A letter has arrived for him.
(b) He is needed in another town.
(c) His ship left the harbour.
(d) He has been promoted.
2. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
(a) Odd behavior.
(b) Travel stories.
(d) Knowledge of history.
3. Who tells Fanny that William has been promoted?
(a) Sir Thomas.
4. Why does Fanny go to Portsmouth?
(a) To become a governess.
(b) To go to college.
(c) To visit her family.
(d) To visit Mary's home.
5. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
(a) Wasting food.
(b) Marrying without affection.
(c) Arguing with Sir Thomas.
(d) Mrs. Norris' insults.
6. What does Fanny learn from the letter she receives from Lady Bertram while she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Mr. and Mrs. Grant are renovating the Parsonage.
(b) Lady Bertram will be sending books.
(c) Tom is ill with a fever.
(d) Mrs. Norris has caught a cold.
7. How does Sir Thomas react when Fanny tells him she does not want to marry Henry?
(c) So angry he cannot speak.
8. In whose home does Edmund see Mary while he is in London?
(a) Sir Thomas' London townhouse.
(b) Mrs. Rushworth's.
(c) Admiral Crawford's.
(d) Mrs. Faser's.
9. Why is Fanny embarrassed to introduce Henry to her father?
(a) He will want her to marry Henry.
(b) He will think Henry too refined.
(c) Because of Mr. Price's bad manners.
(d) He will ask too many questions.
10. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
11. How many dances does Edmund request Mary to save for him at the ball in November?
12. What piece of jewelry does William bring Fanny from Sicily?
(a) Pearl earrings.
(b) Amber cross.
(c) Diamond bracelet.
(d) Ruby ring.
13. How does Edmund look when he arrives at the Price's house?
14. Who are the Owens?
(a) Family that Edmund stays with in Peterborough.
(b) Groundskeepers at Sotherton.
(c) The Grants' housekeeper and butler.
(d) Mansfield Park's manager and his wife.
15. Whom does Fanny think her mother resembles?
(a) Her sister, Susan.
(c) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Lady Bertram.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the topic of conversation between Edmund and Henry while they are in the drawing room with Fanny and Lady Bertram?
2. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
3. Where does Henry tell Tom he is going when he visits the family in the breakfast room?
4. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
5. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
This section contains 476 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)