|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Mrs. Norris describe Fanny when she is speaking to Sir Thomas at the end of Chapter 32?
(d) Independent and secretive.
2. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
3. How does Sir Thomas react when Fanny tells him she does not want to marry Henry?
(d) So angry he cannot speak.
4. What does Sir Thomas inquire about Maria's wishes regarding her marriage?
(a) The amount of money she needs to buy her gown.
(b) Where she wants to have her wedding reception.
(c) If she wants to break her engagement.
(d) How soon she wants to be married.
5. About what subject does Henry give Edmund regarding Thornton Lacey?
(a) What color it should be painted.
(b) Whom to hire about mending the roof.
(c) The renovation of the house.
(d) How to build a fence.
6. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
(b) Knowledge of history.
(c) Travel stories.
(d) Odd behavior.
7. How does Fanny introduce Henry to her family?
(a) As Maria's sweetheart.
(b) As Edmund's friend.
(c) As Sir Thomas' messenger.
(d) As William's friend.
8. What is the name of the street where Fanny, Susan and Henry meet Mr. Price?
(a) High Street.
(b) Main Street.
(c) Division Street.
(d) Elm Street.
9. What does Edmund tell Fanny that Sir Thomas thinks about her in Chapter 21?
(a) He does not admire her.
(b) She is tall.
(c) She is pretty.
(d) She speaks too much.
10. When does Sir Thomas plan to fetch Fanny from Portsmouth?
(a) In three days.
(b) In the summer.
(c) By Christmas.
(d) After Easter.
11. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
12. What does Mary write about Julia in her letter to Fanny?
(a) She is studying acting.
(b) She is being courted.
(c) She made a fool of herself at a ball.
(d) She went home to Mansfield Park.
13. Why does Edmund decide to postpone his trip to London and stay with his parents at Mansfield Park?
(a) His mother is sick.
(b) To wait for Mary to return.
(c) To keep them company so they will not be alone.
(d) His sisters are visiting.
14. What kind of manner does Fanny have that makes Henry believe that she might love him?
15. Why does Edmund extend his stay in Peterborough?
(a) He falls in love.
(b) He is tired of Mrs. Norris.
(c) He wants new experiences.
(d) To avoid Mary.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sir Thomas do with copies of "Lover's Vows"?
2. Where does Henry tell Tom he is going when he visits the family in the breakfast room?
3. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
4. In whose home does Edmund see Mary while he is in London?
5. What news does William learn as soon as he arrives at his parents' home with Fanny?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)