|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Fanny go to Portsmouth?
(a) To go to college.
(b) To visit Mary's home.
(c) To visit her family.
(d) To become a governess.
2. What does Fanny learn from the letter she receives from Lady Bertram while she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Mrs. Norris has caught a cold.
(b) Mr. and Mrs. Grant are renovating the Parsonage.
(c) Tom is ill with a fever.
(d) Lady Bertram will be sending books.
3. Who teaches Fanny a card game at the Parsonage?
(b) Sir Thomas.
4. How long had Fanny been away from Mansfield Park?
(a) Three months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) Twenty days.
(d) Six months.
5. How does Fanny react when Henry visits her in Portsmouth?
6. Who is invited to Mansfield Park when Fanny is asked to return with Edmund?
(b) Mrs. Price.
7. What word does Fanny use to describe to Sir Thomas how she would feel being married to Henry?
8. What word does Mary use to describe the rumor that is circulating about Henry and Maria when she writes to Fanny?
9. Who leads off the dancing at the ball in Chapter 28?
(a) Edmund and Mary.
(b) Fanny and Henry.
(c) Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram.
(d) William and Mrs. Norris.
10. Who are the Owens?
(a) Family that Edmund stays with in Peterborough.
(b) Groundskeepers at Sotherton.
(c) The Grants' housekeeper and butler.
(d) Mansfield Park's manager and his wife.
11. What does Mary think of Baron Wildenhaim?
(a) He is superior to any other men.
(b) He treats all the ladies with indifference.
(c) He is refined in manner.
(d) She is not impressed.
12. What does Mrs. Norris suggest she might do that horrifies William and Fanny before they leave for Portsmouth?
(a) Become an actress.
(b) Travel alone to another country.
(c) Go on a walking tour of the alps.
(d) Travel with them to Portsmouth.
13. What does Fanny help her younger siblings with when she is in Portsmouth?
(a) Speaking French.
(b) Piano practice.
(d) Teaching them to bake pies.
14. Why is Fanny caught in the rain near the Parsonage after Maria is married?
(a) She is horseback riding.
(b) She is gathering flowers.
(c) She is on an errand for Mrs. Norris.
(d) Sir Thomas asks her to fetch a book from the Parsonage.
15. What is Maria's reaction when Henry leaves for a trip in Chapter 20?
(b) Not bothered at all.
(d) Slightly worried.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Edmund look when he arrives at the Price's house?
2. Whom does Sir Thomas criticize for letting his children perform a play?
3. What does Henry tell Mary that he is determined to do regarding Fanny?
4. Who traveled with Maria and Mr. Rushworth after they were married?
5. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
This section contains 473 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)