|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With what family do the Bertrams associate after Sir Thomas arrives home from Antigua?
2. In whose home does Edmund see Mary while he is in London?
(a) Admiral Crawford's.
(b) Sir Thomas' London townhouse.
(c) Mrs. Rushworth's.
(d) Mrs. Faser's.
3. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
(d) Lively and affectionate.
4. What does Henry tell Mary that he is determined to do regarding Fanny?
(a) Refine her horseback-riding skills.
(b) Treat her like a sister.
(c) Leave her behind.
(d) Marry her.
5. From whom does Fanny receive a letter from after Henry has proposed to her?
6. What does Edmund miss about seeing the Grants?
(a) Odd behavior.
(b) Travel stories.
(c) Knowledge of history.
7. Where is Fanny often invited after Maria and Julia leave Mansfield Park?
8. What does Fanny think is "wretched, and how unpardonable, how hopeless, and how wicked..."?
(a) Mrs. Norris' insults.
(b) Marrying without affection.
(c) Arguing with Sir Thomas.
(d) Wasting food.
9. To what rank is William promoted?
10. How does Edmund look when he arrives at the Price's house?
11. What is the name of the card game Lady Bertram chooses to play the first evening they dine at the Grant home?
(d) Crazy Eights.
12. What is Maria's reaction when Henry leaves for a trip in Chapter 20?
(b) Slightly worried.
(c) Not bothered at all.
13. How does Mrs. Norris describe Fanny when she is speaking to Sir Thomas at the end of Chapter 32?
(c) Independent and secretive.
14. Whom does Fanny think her mother resembles?
(a) Lady Bertram.
(b) Her sister, Susan.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
15. How does Mary describe the months she spent with the Grants?
(b) Somewhat amusing.
(c) Very unhappy.
(d) Happiest summer she ever had.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Norris suggest she might do that horrifies William and Fanny before they leave for Portsmouth?
2. Who is invited to Mansfield Park when Fanny is asked to return with Edmund?
3. What is Fanny reading to Lady Bertram right before Edmund and Henry enter the drawing room?
4. How long does Fanny plan to stay in Portsmouth?
5. How long had Fanny been away from Mansfield Park?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)