|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Fanny's reaction to hearing the news that her uncle has returned?
(b) Feels faint.
2. Where does Sir Thomas tell Fanny she is going to live after Mr. Norris dies?
(a) With cousins in London.
(b) With her family in Portsmouth.
(c) With Mrs. Norris.
(d) At the Parsonage.
3. What does the narrator say Sir Thomas would think about Yates visiting his family at Mansfield Park?
(a) He would be helpful to Lady Bertram.
(b) A happy event.
(c) A good choice for Tom.
4. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
(b) Extremely pretty.
(d) Beautiful beyond compare.
5. Where does Mrs. Rushworth's housekeeper take Mrs. Norris at Sotherton?
(a) The attic.
(b) The dairy.
(c) The kitchen.
(d) The linen-supply closet.
6. What instrument does Mary play?
7. Where do Edmund and Mary leave Fanny when they go walking in the woods at Sotherton?
(a) Bench by the gate.
(b) Standing in a meadow.
(c) Chair by the lake.
(d) Blanket in the field.
8. What is Fanny doing at the window at the end of Chapter 11?
(c) Watching birds.
9. What does Fanny agree to do at the rehearsal?
(a) Manage the stage curtain.
(b) Arrange flowers.
(c) Serve tea.
(d) Read Mrs. Grant's part.
10. What question does Mary ask the Bertram brothers about Fanny in Chapter 5?
(a) Does she go to balls?
(b) Will she entertain Mary at Mansfield Park?
(c) Does she like to listen to the harp?
(d) Is she fond of playing cards?
11. What does Julia announce to the performers as they rehearse one evening?
(a) Her father is home.
(b) Her mother is ill.
(c) Fanny is needed in the kitchen.
(d) Mrs. Rushworth wants to speak with her son.
12. Where is Fanny sent when she cries the first night she arrives at Mansfield Park?
(a) To her cousins' room.
(b) To bed.
(c) Outside for a walk.
(d) To the kitchen.
13. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
14. What does Mrs. Norris bring home with her from Sotherton?
(d) Pheasant eggs and cream cheese.
15. What kind of dog does Lady Bertram have?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Mrs. Whitaker?
2. Who has impressive horseback-riding skills?
3. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
4. Whom does Tom want to play the role of Cottager's Wife?
5. How does Fanny describe Henry's appearance when the Crawfords first arrive at Mansfield?
This section contains 431 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)