|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whom does Tom want to play the role of Cottager's Wife?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Mrs. Grant.
2. Where do Edmund and Mary leave Fanny when they go walking in the woods at Sotherton?
(a) Bench by the gate.
(b) Chair by the lake.
(c) Standing in a meadow.
(d) Blanket in the field.
3. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
(b) Lady's maid.
4. Who says, "I shall think her a very obstinate, ungrateful girl, if she does not do what her aunt and cousins wish her..."
(a) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
5. Where is Fanny sent when she cries the first night she arrives at Mansfield Park?
(a) To her cousins' room.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) Outside for a walk.
(d) To bed.
6. Where does Sir Thomas tell Fanny she is going to live after Mr. Norris dies?
(a) At the Parsonage.
(b) With her family in Portsmouth.
(c) With cousins in London.
(d) With Mrs. Norris.
7. Who comforts Fanny when she sits on a step crying as a young girl?
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Lady Bertram.
8. What color is Fanny's pony?
9. What is the relationship between Mary and Henry Crawford?
(a) Sister and brother.
(b) Niece and uncle.
(c) Aunt and nephew.
10. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
(a) To bring her downstairs for a scolding.
(b) To give her a letter.
(c) To ask her opinion.
(d) To let her know that dinner is ready.
11. What does the narrator say Sir Thomas would think about Yates visiting his family at Mansfield Park?
(a) A happy event.
(b) He would be helpful to Lady Bertram.
(c) A good choice for Tom.
12. What does Tom fret over about the theater?
(a) He can't learn his lines well enough.
(b) He doesn't want to perform.
(c) Slow progress of the scene painter.
(d) He is worried about his father's reaction.
13. What does Tom think of his Aunt Norris in Chapter 12?
(a) She is fascinating.
(b) She is meddlesome.
(c) She is too quiet.
(d) She spends too much time by herself.
14. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
15. Who agrees to take the role of the Cottager's Wife in "Lover's Vows" at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Mrs. Grant.
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Lady Bertram.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Fanny miss most after she arrives at Mansfield Park?
2. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
3. What does Mrs. Norris do to help the young people with the play?
4. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
5. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)