|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sir Thomas treat Fanny when she sees him for the first time upon his return home?
(a) Very kindly.
(b) Politely, but without warmth.
(c) Ignores her.
2. What is the title of the play the group chooses to perform?
(b) "Wheel of Fortune."
(c) "The School for Scandal."
(d) "Lover's Vows."
3. How big is the park surrounding the Bertrams' home, according to Mary?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Ten miles.
4. What role does Mary Crawford tell Edmund he must play?
(b) Leading man.
(d) Old man.
5. Why is Mr. Rushworth pleased with his part as Count Cassel?
(a) He gets to wear a fancy costume.
(b) He likes being called "Count."
(c) Cassel was his favorite uncle's last name.
(d) He will have the chance to practice his accent.
6. What is the relationship between Lady Bertram and Mrs. Norris?
(b) Aunt and niece.
(c) Sister and sister-in-law.
7. What instrument does Mary play?
8. What is Fanny deprived the pleasure of in Chapter 4?
(a) Performing in a play.
(b) Attending social functions with her cousins.
(c) Her old gray pony.
(d) Walking with Mrs. Norris.
9. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
(a) To bring her more work from Mrs. Norris.
(b) To give her a message from Edmund.
(c) To deliver tea and scones.
(d) To rehearse her lines with her.
10. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
11. What does Maria say is bumping against her elbow "unmercifully" during the carriage-ride home from Sotherton?
(a) A basket Mrs. Norris received from the gardener.
(b) Mrs. Norris' hat.
(c) Sewing box.
(d) Stack of magazines.
12. Who objects to performing the play?
13. How old is Fanny Price when she goes to live at Mansfield Park?
14. How does Fanny describe Henry's appearance when the Crawfords first arrive at Mansfield?
(d) Very attractive.
15. What does Tom want to do to create a better play?
(a) Build a theater.
(b) Get an acting coach.
(c) Have his mother help with the costumes.
(d) Practice his lines with Fanny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Julia announce to the performers as they rehearse one evening?
2. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
3. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
4. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
5. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)