|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
(a) Family portraits.
(c) Artist self-portraits.
2. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
(a) Letter of recommendation for a nurse.
(d) Money and baby linens.
3. What does the narrator say Sir Thomas would think about Yates visiting his family at Mansfield Park?
(a) A happy event.
(b) A good choice for Tom.
(c) He would be helpful to Lady Bertram.
4. What does Mr. Rushworth forget that he has to run back to his house for when he is walking with Maria and Henry?
(a) Key to the gate.
(b) Architectural plans.
(c) His dogs.
(d) Flask of water.
5. Who objects to performing the play?
6. When does Maria set a tentative date for her wedding?
(a) When her father returns from Antigua.
(b) In six weeks.
(c) The month of February.
(d) As soon as they can arrange it.
7. What is Fanny doing at the window at the end of Chapter 11?
(d) Watching birds.
8. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
(a) To bring her downstairs for a scolding.
(b) To let her know that dinner is ready.
(c) To give her a letter.
(d) To ask her opinion.
9. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
(b) Beautifully written.
10. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
(a) Extremely pretty.
(d) Beautiful beyond compare.
11. How much income does Mr. Crawford have?
(a) One thousand dollars a year.
(b) Twelve thousand dollars a year.
(c) Four thousand dollars a year.
(d) Six hundred dollars a year.
12. What does Tom want to do to create a better play?
(a) Build a theater.
(b) Practice his lines with Fanny.
(c) Have his mother help with the costumes.
(d) Get an acting coach.
13. What passion of Tom's takes him away from Mansfield Park in Chapter 5?
(a) Fine art.
(b) Buying used books.
(c) Agriculture at their country estate.
14. Where is Fanny's bedroom?
(b) Small room next to Lady Bertram's bedroom.
(c) Large room on the second floor.
(d) Servants' quarters.
15. What kind of dog does Lady Bertram have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Fanny agree to do at the rehearsal?
2. What kind of drink does Edmund give Fanny at the end of Chapter 8?
3. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
4. What does Tom fret over about the theater?
5. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
This section contains 484 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)