|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Fanny think when Edmund decides to accept a part in the play?
(a) She gives him her support.
(b) She laughs at the idea.
(c) He has compromised himself for Mary.
(d) She believes he will do a good job.
2. Whom does Tom want to play the role of Cottager's Wife?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(b) Mrs. Grant.
3. What is Fanny doing at the window at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Watching birds.
4. What month does Sir Thomas plan to return from Antigua?
5. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Racks up gambling debts.
(b) Loses all his schoolbooks.
(c) Loses his horse.
(d) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
6. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
(a) Lady Bertram.
(c) Mrs. Norris.
7. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
(a) Mr. Grant.
(b) Edmund Bertram.
(c) Tom Bertram.
(d) Mr. Rushworth.
8. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
(c) Mild and still.
(d) Windy and rainy.
9. How old is Fanny Price when she goes to live at Mansfield Park?
10. What does Edmund plan to do once his father returns from Antigua?
(a) Join the military.
(b) Go on a long vacation.
(c) Speak to him about Maria's behavior.
(d) Take his orders.
11. Whom does Mary believe will make a good match for her in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Rushworth.
(b) Tom Bertram.
(c) Charles Anderson.
(d) Edmund Bertram.
12. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
(c) Lady's maid.
13. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
14. What does Maria say is bumping against her elbow "unmercifully" during the carriage-ride home from Sotherton?
(a) Sewing box.
(b) A basket Mrs. Norris received from the gardener.
(c) Stack of magazines.
(d) Mrs. Norris' hat.
15. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
(a) He loves to dance.
(b) He wants to talk privately with Fanny.
(c) He is in love with Fanny.
(d) To get out of playing cards.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comforts Fanny when she sits on a step crying as a young girl?
2. What does Tom fret over about the theater?
3. Where does Sir Thomas discover Yates?
4. What does Mrs. Norris do to help the young people with the play?
5. Whom does Fanny miss most after she arrives at Mansfield Park?
This section contains 460 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)