|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. For what does Edmund ask Fanny's permission that makes her feel grateful?
(a) To lend her horse to Mary.
(b) To borrow her coat for his mother.
(c) To use her handkerchief.
(d) To escort her to a dance.
2. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
(a) To deliver tea and scones.
(b) To rehearse her lines with her.
(c) To bring her more work from Mrs. Norris.
(d) To give her a message from Edmund.
3. What does Fanny think when Edmund decides to accept a part in the play?
(a) She laughs at the idea.
(b) She gives him her support.
(c) He has compromised himself for Mary.
(d) She believes he will do a good job.
4. Who comforts Fanny when she sits on a step crying as a young girl?
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
5. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
(a) Edmund Bertram.
(b) Mr. Grant.
(c) Mr. Rushworth.
(d) Tom Bertram.
6. What does Fanny agree to do at the rehearsal?
(a) Manage the stage curtain.
(b) Read Mrs. Grant's part.
(c) Serve tea.
(d) Arrange flowers.
7. How much income does Mr. Crawford have?
(a) Six hundred dollars a year.
(b) One thousand dollars a year.
(c) Four thousand dollars a year.
(d) Twelve thousand dollars a year.
8. Who proposes that the young people perform a play at Mansfield Park?
9. When Mr. Rushworth leaves Henry and Maria alone on the grounds of Sotherton, what do they do?
(a) Play catch.
(b) Wade in the stream.
(c) Talk to other people.
(d) Flirt with each other.
10. What role does Mary Crawford tell Edmund he must play?
(a) Leading man.
(b) Old man.
11. Where does Mrs. Rushworth's housekeeper take Mrs. Norris at Sotherton?
(a) The attic.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The dairy.
(d) The linen-supply closet.
12. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
(a) He loves to dance.
(b) He is in love with Fanny.
(c) He wants to talk privately with Fanny.
(d) To get out of playing cards.
13. Why is Mr. Rushworth pleased with his part as Count Cassel?
(a) Cassel was his favorite uncle's last name.
(b) He will have the chance to practice his accent.
(c) He gets to wear a fancy costume.
(d) He likes being called "Count."
14. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
15. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
(a) Artist self-portraits.
(c) Family portraits.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Fanny miss most after she arrives at Mansfield Park?
2. What does Mrs. Norris suggest as an outing in Chapter 6?
3. What does Edmund plan to do once his father returns from Antigua?
4. Who says, "I shall think her a very obstinate, ungrateful girl, if she does not do what her aunt and cousins wish her..."
5. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)