|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom want to do to create a better play?
(a) Build a theater.
(b) Practice his lines with Fanny.
(c) Get an acting coach.
(d) Have his mother help with the costumes.
2. Where do Edmund and Mary leave Fanny when they go walking in the woods at Sotherton?
(a) Bench by the gate.
(b) Blanket in the field.
(c) Chair by the lake.
(d) Standing in a meadow.
3. Who has impressive horseback-riding skills?
(a) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
4. What does Fanny have on the wall of her room that William sent her?
(a) Painting of the Alps.
(b) Photograph of William.
(c) Pressed flowers.
(d) Sketch of a ship.
5. What vocation is Edmund planning?
6. Who comforts Fanny when she sits on a step crying as a young girl?
(c) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Lady Bertram.
7. How does Fanny react to seeing the Sotherton chapel?
(b) She does not like its dank smell.
(c) She is disappointed by its lack of dignity.
(d) Frightened by its size.
8. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
(d) Mrs. Grant.
9. Who proposes that the young people perform a play at Mansfield Park?
10. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
11. What does Tom fret over about the theater?
(a) He is worried about his father's reaction.
(b) He doesn't want to perform.
(c) He can't learn his lines well enough.
(d) Slow progress of the scene painter.
12. What does Tom think of his Aunt Norris in Chapter 12?
(a) She spends too much time by herself.
(b) She is fascinating.
(c) She is too quiet.
(d) She is meddlesome.
13. Why is Mr. Rushworth pleased with his part as Count Cassel?
(a) He likes being called "Count."
(b) He will have the chance to practice his accent.
(c) Cassel was his favorite uncle's last name.
(d) He gets to wear a fancy costume.
14. What is the relationship between Mary and Henry Crawford?
(b) Sister and brother.
(c) Aunt and nephew.
(d) Niece and uncle.
15. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Fanny dines out often.
(b) Fanny attends many balls.
(c) Fanny has been brought out into society.
(d) Fanny stays at home with his mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
2. What does Mrs. Norris suggest as an outing in Chapter 6?
3. What is the title of the play the group chooses to perform?
4. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
5. What role does Mary Crawford tell Edmund he must play?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)