|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She is recovering from a cold.
(c) She has an upset stomach.
(d) She is sleeping.
2. What is the relationship between Mary and Henry Crawford?
(a) Aunt and nephew.
(b) Niece and uncle.
(d) Sister and brother.
3. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Fanny dines out often.
(b) Fanny stays at home with his mother.
(c) Fanny attends many balls.
(d) Fanny has been brought out into society.
4. For what does Edmund ask Fanny's permission that makes her feel grateful?
(a) To borrow her coat for his mother.
(b) To lend her horse to Mary.
(c) To escort her to a dance.
(d) To use her handkerchief.
5. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
(c) Windy and rainy.
(d) Mild and still.
6. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
(a) Beautifully written.
7. What vocation is Edmund planning?
8. Whom does Tom want to play the role of Cottager's Wife?
(c) Mrs. Grant.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
9. What is Fanny deprived the pleasure of in Chapter 4?
(a) Her old gray pony.
(b) Performing in a play.
(c) Walking with Mrs. Norris.
(d) Attending social functions with her cousins.
10. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
(a) Fanny's sniffling.
(b) Henry's attention toward Julia.
(c) Edmund's humming.
(d) Mrs. Norris' snoring.
11. Where does Sir Thomas tell Fanny she is going to live after Mr. Norris dies?
(a) With her family in Portsmouth.
(b) With cousins in London.
(c) At the Parsonage.
(d) With Mrs. Norris.
12. What does Julia announce to the performers as they rehearse one evening?
(a) Her father is home.
(b) Mrs. Rushworth wants to speak with her son.
(c) Fanny is needed in the kitchen.
(d) Her mother is ill.
13. Whom does Mary think is the best actor in the play?
(c) Mr. Rushworth.
14. What does Fanny have on the wall of her room that William sent her?
(a) Photograph of William.
(b) Sketch of a ship.
(c) Pressed flowers.
(d) Painting of the Alps.
15. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Maria intend to marry Mr. Rushworth?
2. Where is Fanny's bedroom?
3. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
4. How does Mary describe Tom's manners in Chapter 5?
5. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
This section contains 442 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)