|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Mrs. Rushworth's housekeeper take Mrs. Norris at Sotherton?
(a) The attic.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The linen-supply closet.
(d) The dairy.
2. How many children do Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram have?
3. What month does Sir Thomas plan to return from Antigua?
4. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
(a) Beautifully written.
5. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
(a) Mr. Grant is ill.
(b) She and her husband had unexpected visitors.
(c) It is raining heavily and she cannot travel.
(d) She turned her ankle.
6. How does Fanny react to seeing the Sotherton chapel?
(a) She does not like its dank smell.
(b) She is disappointed by its lack of dignity.
(d) Frightened by its size.
7. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
(a) Five miles.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) Fifteen miles.
(d) Ten miles.
8. What kind of drink does Edmund give Fanny at the end of Chapter 8?
9. Whom does Mary think is the best actor in the play?
(a) Mr. Rushworth.
10. How big is the park surrounding the Bertrams' home, according to Mary?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Two miles.
(d) Five miles.
11. Whom does Mary believe will make a good match for her in Chapter 5?
(a) Edmund Bertram.
(b) Tom Bertram.
(c) Charles Anderson.
(d) Mr. Rushworth.
12. What color is Fanny's pony?
13. Who has impressive horseback-riding skills?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Lady Bertram.
14. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She is recovering from a cold.
(c) She has an upset stomach.
(d) She is sleeping.
15. What passion of Tom's takes him away from Mansfield Park in Chapter 5?
(a) Buying used books.
(c) Agriculture at their country estate.
(d) Fine art.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tom want to do to create a better play?
2. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
3. Where is Fanny sent when she cries the first night she arrives at Mansfield Park?
4. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
5. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)