|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
(a) To deliver tea and scones.
(b) To rehearse her lines with her.
(c) To bring her more work from Mrs. Norris.
(d) To give her a message from Edmund.
2. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
(c) Lieutenant of marines.
3. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Fanny stays at home with his mother.
(b) Fanny dines out often.
(c) Fanny attends many balls.
(d) Fanny has been brought out into society.
4. Who agrees to take the role of the Cottager's Wife in "Lover's Vows" at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Mrs. Grant.
(d) Lady Bertram.
5. What month does Sir Thomas plan to return from Antigua?
6. What does Mrs. Norris suggest as an outing in Chapter 6?
(a) To go to London.
(b) To have a picnic in the park.
(c) To go to Sotherton.
(d) To float down a stream in a rowboat.
7. Where do Edmund and Mary leave Fanny when they go walking in the woods at Sotherton?
(a) Standing in a meadow.
(b) Blanket in the field.
(c) Chair by the lake.
(d) Bench by the gate.
8. What is Fanny's reaction to hearing the news that her uncle has returned?
(a) Feels faint.
9. What does Mrs. Norris bring home with her from Sotherton?
(c) Pheasant eggs and cream cheese.
10. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
(c) Lady's maid.
11. Whom does Mary think is the best actor in the play?
(a) Mr. Rushworth.
12. What kind of play do Tom and Mary want to perform?
(b) Greek drama.
13. How does Fanny describe Henry's appearance when the Crawfords first arrive at Mansfield?
(b) Very attractive.
14. What vocation is Edmund planning?
15. For what does Edmund ask Fanny's permission that makes her feel grateful?
(a) To borrow her coat for his mother.
(b) To escort her to a dance.
(c) To lend her horse to Mary.
(d) To use her handkerchief.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
2. Who says, "I shall think her a very obstinate, ungrateful girl, if she does not do what her aunt and cousins wish her..."
3. When Mr. Rushworth leaves Henry and Maria alone on the grounds of Sotherton, what do they do?
4. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
5. What is the relationship between Lady Bertram and Mrs. Norris?
This section contains 459 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)