|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
(a) He wants to talk privately with Fanny.
(b) He loves to dance.
(c) He is in love with Fanny.
(d) To get out of playing cards.
2. Whom does Mary think is the best actor in the play?
(d) Mr. Rushworth.
3. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
(c) Windy and rainy.
(d) Mild and still.
4. What kind of drink does Edmund give Fanny at the end of Chapter 8?
5. Where do the Bertram siblings go to see their father after he returns home?
(c) Drawing room.
(d) Morning room.
6. Who agrees to take the role of the Cottager's Wife in "Lover's Vows" at the beginning of Chapter 17?
(b) Mrs. Grant.
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
7. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
8. What does Fanny agree to do at the rehearsal?
(a) Serve tea.
(b) Read Mrs. Grant's part.
(c) Arrange flowers.
(d) Manage the stage curtain.
9. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
(b) Lieutenant of marines.
10. What does Tom want to do to create a better play?
(a) Practice his lines with Fanny.
(b) Get an acting coach.
(c) Build a theater.
(d) Have his mother help with the costumes.
11. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
(d) Beautifully written.
12. How does Mary describe Tom's manners in Chapter 5?
13. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
14. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
(a) Tom Bertram.
(b) Mr. Grant.
(c) Edmund Bertram.
(d) Mr. Rushworth.
15. What does Tom think of his Aunt Norris in Chapter 12?
(a) She is too quiet.
(b) She is fascinating.
(c) She is meddlesome.
(d) She spends too much time by herself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fanny describe Henry's appearance when the Crawfords first arrive at Mansfield?
2. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
3. What color is Fanny's pony?
4. What kind of dog does Lady Bertram have?
5. What is Fanny deprived the pleasure of in Chapter 4?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)