|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Maria set a tentative date for her wedding?
(a) In six weeks.
(b) The month of February.
(c) When her father returns from Antigua.
(d) As soon as they can arrange it.
2. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
(b) Lady's maid.
3. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
(c) Beautiful beyond compare.
(d) Extremely pretty.
4. What does Fanny think when Edmund decides to accept a part in the play?
(a) She believes he will do a good job.
(b) She laughs at the idea.
(c) He has compromised himself for Mary.
(d) She gives him her support.
5. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
(d) Mrs. Grant.
6. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
7. What kind of dog does Lady Bertram have?
8. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
(a) To rehearse her lines with her.
(b) To bring her more work from Mrs. Norris.
(c) To deliver tea and scones.
(d) To give her a message from Edmund.
9. Where does Sir Thomas discover Yates?
(a) Music room.
(c) The theater.
10. Who objects to performing the play?
11. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Fanny dines out often.
(b) Fanny stays at home with his mother.
(c) Fanny attends many balls.
(d) Fanny has been brought out into society.
12. Who says, "I shall think her a very obstinate, ungrateful girl, if she does not do what her aunt and cousins wish her..."
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Lady Bertram.
13. What is the title of the play the group chooses to perform?
(a) "Wheel of Fortune."
(b) "The School for Scandal."
(d) "Lover's Vows."
14. What does Maria say is bumping against her elbow "unmercifully" during the carriage-ride home from Sotherton?
(a) Mrs. Norris' hat.
(b) Sewing box.
(c) A basket Mrs. Norris received from the gardener.
(d) Stack of magazines.
15. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
(a) To let her know that dinner is ready.
(b) To give her a letter.
(c) To ask her opinion.
(d) To bring her downstairs for a scolding.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Fanny Price when she goes to live at Mansfield Park?
2. Where is Fanny's bedroom?
3. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
4. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
5. What vocation is Edmund planning?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)