|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
(a) Mr. Grant.
(b) Tom Bertram.
(c) Mr. Rushworth.
(d) Edmund Bertram.
2. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
3. Why does Maria intend to marry Mr. Rushworth?
(a) He has convinced her that they are soulmates.
(b) They are the best of friends.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) For his money.
4. Whom does Fanny miss most after she arrives at Mansfield Park?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
5. What question does Mary ask the Bertram brothers about Fanny in Chapter 5?
(a) Will she entertain Mary at Mansfield Park?
(b) Is she fond of playing cards?
(c) Does she go to balls?
(d) Does she like to listen to the harp?
6. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
(a) Mrs. Grant.
7. What is Fanny deprived the pleasure of in Chapter 4?
(a) Performing in a play.
(b) Attending social functions with her cousins.
(c) Her old gray pony.
(d) Walking with Mrs. Norris.
8. How many children do Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram have?
9. What does Maria say is bumping against her elbow "unmercifully" during the carriage-ride home from Sotherton?
(a) Stack of magazines.
(b) Mrs. Norris' hat.
(c) A basket Mrs. Norris received from the gardener.
(d) Sewing box.
10. Whom does Tom want to play the role of Cottager's Wife?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Mrs. Grant.
11. What does Fanny have on the wall of her room that William sent her?
(a) Photograph of William.
(b) Sketch of a ship.
(c) Painting of the Alps.
(d) Pressed flowers.
12. What passion of Tom's takes him away from Mansfield Park in Chapter 5?
(b) Fine art.
(c) Agriculture at their country estate.
(d) Buying used books.
13. What does the narrator say Sir Thomas would think about Yates visiting his family at Mansfield Park?
(a) A good choice for Tom.
(b) He would be helpful to Lady Bertram.
(c) A happy event.
14. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
(a) Edmund's humming.
(b) Fanny's sniffling.
(c) Henry's attention toward Julia.
(d) Mrs. Norris' snoring.
15. What kind of play do Tom and Mary want to perform?
(a) Greek drama.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Sir Thomas tell Fanny she is going to live after Mr. Norris dies?
2. What does Tom think of his Aunt Norris in Chapter 12?
3. What color is Fanny's pony?
4. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
5. What is the relationship between Mary and Henry Crawford?
This section contains 462 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)