|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
(a) Ten miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Fifteen miles.
(d) Eight miles.
2. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
(a) To bring her more work from Mrs. Norris.
(b) To rehearse her lines with her.
(c) To give her a message from Edmund.
(d) To deliver tea and scones.
3. What does Mrs. Norris bring home with her from Sotherton?
(c) Pheasant eggs and cream cheese.
4. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Loses all his schoolbooks.
(b) Racks up gambling debts.
(c) Loses his horse.
(d) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
5. What role does Mary Crawford tell Edmund he must play?
(a) Leading man.
(b) Old man.
6. What is the title of the play the group chooses to perform?
(a) "Wheel of Fortune."
(b) "The School for Scandal."
(d) "Lover's Vows."
7. When does Maria set a tentative date for her wedding?
(a) The month of February.
(b) As soon as they can arrange it.
(c) When her father returns from Antigua.
(d) In six weeks.
8. What is Fanny's reaction to hearing the news that her uncle has returned?
(b) Feels faint.
9. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
(a) Extremely pretty.
(c) Beautiful beyond compare.
10. What does Julia announce to the performers as they rehearse one evening?
(a) Her father is home.
(b) Fanny is needed in the kitchen.
(c) Her mother is ill.
(d) Mrs. Rushworth wants to speak with her son.
11. What does Fanny agree to do at the rehearsal?
(a) Serve tea.
(b) Arrange flowers.
(c) Manage the stage curtain.
(d) Read Mrs. Grant's part.
12. Who objects to performing the play?
13. What is the relationship between Mary and Henry Crawford?
(a) Niece and uncle.
(b) Aunt and nephew.
(c) Sister and brother.
14. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
15. What does Maria say is bumping against her elbow "unmercifully" during the carriage-ride home from Sotherton?
(a) Sewing box.
(b) A basket Mrs. Norris received from the gardener.
(c) Stack of magazines.
(d) Mrs. Norris' hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What color is Fanny's pony?
2. Who is Mrs. Whitaker?
3. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
4. What does Mr. Rushworth forget that he has to run back to his house for when he is walking with Maria and Henry?
5. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
This section contains 427 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)