|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
(a) Five miles.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
2. For what does Edmund ask Fanny's permission that makes her feel grateful?
(a) To lend her horse to Mary.
(b) To borrow her coat for his mother.
(c) To escort her to a dance.
(d) To use her handkerchief.
3. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
(b) Windy and rainy.
(c) Mild and still.
4. What kind of play do Tom and Mary want to perform?
(c) Greek drama.
5. What role does Mary Crawford tell Edmund he must play?
(b) Leading man.
(c) Old man.
6. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
(a) She is recovering from a cold.
(b) She is sleeping.
(c) She has a headache.
(d) She has an upset stomach.
7. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Loses all his schoolbooks.
(b) Loses his horse.
(c) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
(d) Racks up gambling debts.
8. How many children do Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram have?
9. What instrument does Mary play?
10. Why does Maria intend to marry Mr. Rushworth?
(a) They are the best of friends.
(b) For his money.
(c) He has convinced her that they are soulmates.
(d) She is in love with him.
11. What is the title of the play the group chooses to perform?
(a) "Lover's Vows."
(c) "Wheel of Fortune."
(d) "The School for Scandal."
12. What is Fanny's reaction to hearing the news that her uncle has returned?
(b) Feels faint.
13. When does Maria set a tentative date for her wedding?
(a) The month of February.
(b) When her father returns from Antigua.
(c) As soon as they can arrange it.
(d) In six weeks.
14. Who comforts Fanny when she sits on a step crying as a young girl?
(b) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
15. How does Fanny react to seeing the Sotherton chapel?
(a) She is disappointed by its lack of dignity.
(b) She does not like its dank smell.
(d) Frightened by its size.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
2. What does Tom think of his Aunt Norris in Chapter 12?
3. What does Mrs. Norris suggest as an outing in Chapter 6?
4. What does Fanny agree to do at the rehearsal?
5. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)