|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Mr. Rushworth pleased with his part as Count Cassel?
(a) Cassel was his favorite uncle's last name.
(b) He likes being called "Count."
(c) He will have the chance to practice his accent.
(d) He gets to wear a fancy costume.
2. How does Sir Thomas treat Fanny when she sees him for the first time upon his return home?
(a) Ignores her.
(b) Very kindly.
(d) Politely, but without warmth.
3. Who is Mrs. Whitaker?
(c) Mrs. Rushworth's sister.
4. What kind of play do Tom and Mary want to perform?
(b) Greek drama.
5. Who proposes that the young people perform a play at Mansfield Park?
6. Where does Sir Thomas discover Yates?
(b) Music room.
(d) The theater.
7. What is the title of the play the group chooses to perform?
(a) "Lover's Vows."
(b) "The School for Scandal."
(c) "Wheel of Fortune."
8. Where does Mrs. Rushworth's housekeeper take Mrs. Norris at Sotherton?
(a) The dairy.
(b) The kitchen.
(c) The linen-supply closet.
(d) The attic.
9. What does Julia announce to the performers as they rehearse one evening?
(a) Her father is home.
(b) Her mother is ill.
(c) Mrs. Rushworth wants to speak with her son.
(d) Fanny is needed in the kitchen.
10. What does Fanny think when Edmund decides to accept a part in the play?
(a) He has compromised himself for Mary.
(b) She believes he will do a good job.
(c) She gives him her support.
(d) She laughs at the idea.
11. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
(a) Tom Bertram.
(b) Mr. Rushworth.
(c) Edmund Bertram.
(d) Mr. Grant.
12. What does Edmund plan to do once his father returns from Antigua?
(a) Take his orders.
(b) Go on a long vacation.
(c) Speak to him about Maria's behavior.
(d) Join the military.
13. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
(a) It is raining heavily and she cannot travel.
(b) Mr. Grant is ill.
(c) She turned her ankle.
(d) She and her husband had unexpected visitors.
14. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
(a) To rehearse her lines with her.
(b) To give her a message from Edmund.
(c) To bring her more work from Mrs. Norris.
(d) To deliver tea and scones.
15. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
(b) Extremely pretty.
(c) Beautiful beyond compare.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
2. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
3. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
4. What does Mrs. Norris bring home with her from Sotherton?
5. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)