|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Norris suggest as an outing in Chapter 6?
(a) To go to Sotherton.
(b) To float down a stream in a rowboat.
(c) To go to London.
(d) To have a picnic in the park.
2. Where does Sir Thomas tell Fanny she is going to live after Mr. Norris dies?
(a) With her family in Portsmouth.
(b) At the Parsonage.
(c) With Mrs. Norris.
(d) With cousins in London.
3. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
(a) She turned her ankle.
(b) She and her husband had unexpected visitors.
(c) Mr. Grant is ill.
(d) It is raining heavily and she cannot travel.
4. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
(a) He loves to dance.
(b) He is in love with Fanny.
(c) He wants to talk privately with Fanny.
(d) To get out of playing cards.
5. How old is Fanny Price when she goes to live at Mansfield Park?
6. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Lady Bertram.
7. How does Mary describe Tom's manners in Chapter 5?
8. What is Fanny doing at the window at the end of Chapter 11?
(a) Watching birds.
9. What role does Mary Crawford tell Edmund he must play?
(b) Leading man.
(c) Old man.
10. Who objects to performing the play?
11. What is the relationship between Mary and Henry Crawford?
(a) Aunt and nephew.
(c) Sister and brother.
(d) Niece and uncle.
12. What is Fanny deprived the pleasure of in Chapter 4?
(a) Her old gray pony.
(b) Walking with Mrs. Norris.
(c) Performing in a play.
(d) Attending social functions with her cousins.
13. What kind of dog does Lady Bertram have?
14. Where does Sir Thomas discover Yates?
(c) The theater.
(d) Music room.
15. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
(a) Mr. Rushworth.
(b) Edmund Bertram.
(c) Tom Bertram.
(d) Mr. Grant.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
2. What instrument does Mary play?
3. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
4. Whom does Mary believe will make a good match for her in Chapter 5?
5. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 404 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)