|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
(a) To let her know that dinner is ready.
(b) To ask her opinion.
(c) To give her a letter.
(d) To bring her downstairs for a scolding.
2. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
(a) Artist self-portraits.
(c) Family portraits.
3. Who objects to performing the play?
4. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
(b) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Lady Bertram.
5. Where do Edmund and Mary leave Fanny when they go walking in the woods at Sotherton?
(a) Bench by the gate.
(b) Standing in a meadow.
(c) Chair by the lake.
(d) Blanket in the field.
6. When does Maria set a tentative date for her wedding?
(a) When her father returns from Antigua.
(b) The month of February.
(c) In six weeks.
(d) As soon as they can arrange it.
7. What does Tom fret over about the theater?
(a) He is worried about his father's reaction.
(b) He can't learn his lines well enough.
(c) Slow progress of the scene painter.
(d) He doesn't want to perform.
8. What does Fanny have on the wall of her room that William sent her?
(a) Sketch of a ship.
(b) Photograph of William.
(c) Pressed flowers.
(d) Painting of the Alps.
9. What does Maria say is bumping against her elbow "unmercifully" during the carriage-ride home from Sotherton?
(a) Sewing box.
(b) A basket Mrs. Norris received from the gardener.
(c) Stack of magazines.
(d) Mrs. Norris' hat.
10. Whom does Fanny miss most after she arrives at Mansfield Park?
(b) Her mother.
(c) Her father.
11. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
(a) Fifteen miles.
(b) Eight miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Five miles.
12. Whom does Mary think is the best actor in the play?
(a) Mr. Rushworth.
13. What is Fanny doing at the window at the end of Chapter 11?
(c) Watching birds.
14. What does Tom think of his Aunt Norris in Chapter 12?
(a) She is meddlesome.
(b) She spends too much time by herself.
(c) She is too quiet.
(d) She is fascinating.
15. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
(b) Letter of recommendation for a nurse.
(c) Money and baby linens.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Fanny's reaction to hearing the news that her uncle has returned?
2. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
3. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
4. What does Mrs. Grant say she is not pleased to see regarding the acting roles in the play?
5. How big is the park surrounding the Bertrams' home, according to Mary?
This section contains 475 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)