|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the Bertram siblings go to see their father after he returns home?
(b) Drawing room.
(c) Morning room.
2. Whom does Mary believe will make a good match for her in Chapter 5?
(a) Charles Anderson.
(b) Edmund Bertram.
(c) Tom Bertram.
(d) Mr. Rushworth.
3. How does Fanny describe Henry's appearance when the Crawfords first arrive at Mansfield?
(b) Very attractive.
4. Where do Edmund and Mary leave Fanny when they go walking in the woods at Sotherton?
(a) Standing in a meadow.
(b) Bench by the gate.
(c) Blanket in the field.
(d) Chair by the lake.
5. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Five miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
6. How does Mary describe Tom's manners in Chapter 5?
7. How does Sir Thomas treat Fanny when she sees him for the first time upon his return home?
(a) Very kindly.
(c) Ignores her.
(d) Politely, but without warmth.
8. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
(a) To get out of playing cards.
(b) He wants to talk privately with Fanny.
(c) He loves to dance.
(d) He is in love with Fanny.
9. What vocation is Edmund planning?
10. What is Fanny's reaction to hearing the news that her uncle has returned?
(d) Feels faint.
11. What month does Sir Thomas plan to return from Antigua?
12. Who is most interested in Mrs. Rushworth's tour of the house and its history?
(c) Mrs. Norris.
(d) Lady Bertram.
13. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
(c) Lieutenant of marines.
14. What color is Fanny's pony?
15. What does Maria say is bumping against her elbow "unmercifully" during the carriage-ride home from Sotherton?
(a) Stack of magazines.
(b) Sewing box.
(c) Mrs. Norris' hat.
(d) A basket Mrs. Norris received from the gardener.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
2. What question does Mary ask the Bertram brothers about Fanny in Chapter 5?
3. Whom does Mary think is the best actor in the play?
4. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
5. How much income does Mr. Crawford have?
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)