|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
(b) Loses all his schoolbooks.
(c) Loses his horse.
(d) Racks up gambling debts.
2. What is the relationship between Mary and Henry Crawford?
(b) Aunt and nephew.
(c) Sister and brother.
(d) Niece and uncle.
3. What does Fanny agree to do at the rehearsal?
(a) Serve tea.
(b) Manage the stage curtain.
(c) Read Mrs. Grant's part.
(d) Arrange flowers.
4. Why does Maria intend to marry Mr. Rushworth?
(a) For his money.
(b) He has convinced her that they are soulmates.
(c) They are the best of friends.
(d) She is in love with him.
5. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
(a) To let her know that dinner is ready.
(b) To ask her opinion.
(c) To bring her downstairs for a scolding.
(d) To give her a letter.
6. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
(d) Lady's maid.
7. Who comforts Fanny when she sits on a step crying as a young girl?
(a) Lady Bertram.
(c) Mrs. Norris.
8. What does Mrs. Grant say she is not pleased to see regarding the acting roles in the play?
(a) Henry is making a spectacle of himself.
(b) The scenery is badly painted.
(c) That Julia is excluded from having a role.
(d) She loathes her costume.
9. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
(a) He wants to talk privately with Fanny.
(b) To get out of playing cards.
(c) He is in love with Fanny.
(d) He loves to dance.
10. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
(a) Letter of recommendation for a nurse.
(b) Money and baby linens.
11. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
(a) Fanny's sniffling.
(b) Mrs. Norris' snoring.
(c) Henry's attention toward Julia.
(d) Edmund's humming.
12. Whom does Fanny miss most after she arrives at Mansfield Park?
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
13. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
(a) Windy and rainy.
(d) Mild and still.
14. What does Tom think of his Aunt Norris in Chapter 12?
(a) She is meddlesome.
(b) She spends too much time by herself.
(c) She is fascinating.
(d) She is too quiet.
15. Who has impressive horseback-riding skills?
(b) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
2. What is the relationship between Lady Bertram and Mrs. Norris?
3. How much income does Mr. Crawford have?
4. How old is Fanny Price when she goes to live at Mansfield Park?
5. What is Fanny deprived the pleasure of in Chapter 4?
This section contains 486 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)