|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Fanny stays at home with his mother.
(b) Fanny has been brought out into society.
(c) Fanny dines out often.
(d) Fanny attends many balls.
2. What is Fanny's reaction to hearing the news that her uncle has returned?
(c) Feels faint.
3. What passion of Tom's takes him away from Mansfield Park in Chapter 5?
(b) Agriculture at their country estate.
(c) Buying used books.
(d) Fine art.
4. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
(a) It is raining heavily and she cannot travel.
(b) Mr. Grant is ill.
(c) She turned her ankle.
(d) She and her husband had unexpected visitors.
5. How many children do Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram have?
6. What does Tom think of his Aunt Norris in Chapter 12?
(a) She spends too much time by herself.
(b) She is fascinating.
(c) She is meddlesome.
(d) She is too quiet.
7. What does the narrator say Sir Thomas would think about Yates visiting his family at Mansfield Park?
(b) A good choice for Tom.
(c) He would be helpful to Lady Bertram.
(d) A happy event.
8. Who objects to performing the play?
9. What does Mrs. Norris do to help the young people with the play?
(a) Paints the scenery.
(b) Helps rewrite the play.
(c) Temporarily moves into their house.
(d) Performs musical numbers.
10. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
11. What question does Mary ask the Bertram brothers about Fanny in Chapter 5?
(a) Does she like to listen to the harp?
(b) Will she entertain Mary at Mansfield Park?
(c) Does she go to balls?
(d) Is she fond of playing cards?
12. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
(a) To let her know that dinner is ready.
(b) To ask her opinion.
(c) To give her a letter.
(d) To bring her downstairs for a scolding.
13. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
(c) Artist self-portraits.
(d) Family portraits.
14. Why does Maria intend to marry Mr. Rushworth?
(a) They are the best of friends.
(b) He has convinced her that they are soulmates.
(c) For his money.
(d) She is in love with him.
15. How much income does Mr. Crawford have?
(a) Twelve thousand dollars a year.
(b) Four thousand dollars a year.
(c) One thousand dollars a year.
(d) Six hundred dollars a year.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
2. How does Fanny describe Henry's appearance when the Crawfords first arrive at Mansfield?
3. Whom does Fanny miss most after she arrives at Mansfield Park?
4. What does Fanny have on the wall of her room that William sent her?
5. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
This section contains 470 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)