|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Edmund come to Fanny's room in Chapter 16?
(a) To let her know that dinner is ready.
(b) To bring her downstairs for a scolding.
(c) To give her a letter.
(d) To ask her opinion.
2. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
3. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
4. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
(a) She and her husband had unexpected visitors.
(b) It is raining heavily and she cannot travel.
(c) She turned her ankle.
(d) Mr. Grant is ill.
5. Why does Mary go to Fanny's room in Chapter 18?
(a) To deliver tea and scones.
(b) To rehearse her lines with her.
(c) To bring her more work from Mrs. Norris.
(d) To give her a message from Edmund.
6. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Fanny has been brought out into society.
(b) Fanny stays at home with his mother.
(c) Fanny attends many balls.
(d) Fanny dines out often.
7. Who objects to performing the play?
8. How big is the park surrounding the Bertrams' home, according to Mary?
(a) Five miles.
(b) Ten miles.
(c) Eight miles.
(d) Two miles.
9. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
(a) Family portraits.
(b) Artist self-portraits.
10. What does Mrs. Norris bring home with her from Sotherton?
(b) Pheasant eggs and cream cheese.
11. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
(c) Lady's maid.
12. What does Mrs. Norris do to help the young people with the play?
(a) Helps rewrite the play.
(b) Temporarily moves into their house.
(c) Paints the scenery.
(d) Performs musical numbers.
13. Why is Mr. Rushworth pleased with his part as Count Cassel?
(a) Cassel was his favorite uncle's last name.
(b) He likes being called "Count."
(c) He will have the chance to practice his accent.
(d) He gets to wear a fancy costume.
14. Whom does Fanny miss most after she arrives at Mansfield Park?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
15. What month does Sir Thomas plan to return from Antigua?
Short Answer Questions
1. What question does Mary ask the Bertram brothers about Fanny in Chapter 5?
2. How does Fanny describe Henry's appearance when the Crawfords first arrive at Mansfield?
3. When does Maria set a tentative date for her wedding?
4. What kind of drink does Edmund give Fanny at the end of Chapter 8?
5. What color is Fanny's pony?
This section contains 447 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)