|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What question does Mary ask the Bertram brothers about Fanny in Chapter 5?
(a) Will she entertain Mary at Mansfield Park?
(b) Does she go to balls?
(c) Is she fond of playing cards?
(d) Does she like to listen to the harp?
2. What is the title of the play the group chooses to perform?
(a) "Lover's Vows."
(b) "The School for Scandal."
(c) "Wheel of Fortune."
3. How old is Fanny Price when she goes to live at Mansfield Park?
4. What is Fanny doing at the window at the end of Chapter 11?
(c) Watching birds.
5. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
(a) Fanny attends many balls.
(b) Fanny dines out often.
(c) Fanny stays at home with his mother.
(d) Fanny has been brought out into society.
6. What color is Fanny's pony?
7. Where do the Bertram siblings go to see their father after he returns home?
(a) Morning room.
(b) Drawing room.
8. What does Mrs. Norris suggest as an outing in Chapter 6?
(a) To go to London.
(b) To float down a stream in a rowboat.
(c) To go to Sotherton.
(d) To have a picnic in the park.
9. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
(a) Letter of recommendation for a nurse.
(d) Money and baby linens.
10. What is Fanny deprived the pleasure of in Chapter 4?
(a) Her old gray pony.
(b) Performing in a play.
(c) Attending social functions with her cousins.
(d) Walking with Mrs. Norris.
11. How old is Fanny when Mr. Norris dies?
12. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
(a) Mrs. Grant.
13. Who is Mrs. Whitaker?
(a) Mrs. Rushworth's sister.
14. Who asks for opinions about how to improve his estate?
(a) Tom Bertram.
(b) Mr. Grant.
(c) Edmund Bertram.
(d) Mr. Rushworth.
15. Where do Edmund and Mary leave Fanny when they go walking in the woods at Sotherton?
(a) Blanket in the field.
(b) Chair by the lake.
(c) Bench by the gate.
(d) Standing in a meadow.
Short Answer Questions
1. What month does Sir Thomas plan to return from Antigua?
2. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
3. What does Edmund plan to do once his father returns from Antigua?
4. What does Fanny think when Edmund decides to accept a part in the play?
5. Who objects to performing the play?
This section contains 433 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)