|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
(a) Beautifully written.
2. What is the weather like when the Bertrams return home from Sotherton?
(b) Mild and still.
(d) Windy and rainy.
3. Where is Fanny sent when she cries the first night she arrives at Mansfield Park?
(a) Outside for a walk.
(b) To the kitchen.
(c) To her cousins' room.
(d) To bed.
4. What is the relationship between Mary and Henry Crawford?
(a) Aunt and nephew.
(b) Sister and brother.
(d) Niece and uncle.
5. Whom does Mary believe will make a good match for her in Chapter 5?
(a) Mr. Rushworth.
(b) Charles Anderson.
(c) Tom Bertram.
(d) Edmund Bertram.
6. Who is Mrs. Whitaker?
(a) Mrs. Rushworth's sister.
7. What kind of paintings make up most of the artwork at Sotherton?
(a) Artist self-portraits.
(c) Family portraits.
8. What does Tom fret over about the theater?
(a) He can't learn his lines well enough.
(b) Slow progress of the scene painter.
(c) He is worried about his father's reaction.
(d) He doesn't want to perform.
9. Whom does Mary think is the best actor in the play?
(d) Mr. Rushworth.
10. Who has impressive horseback-riding skills?
(c) Lady Bertram.
(d) Mrs. Norris.
11. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
(c) Extremely pretty.
(d) Beautiful beyond compare.
12. Why does Tom lead Fanny out to the dance floor after telling her he is glad she doesn't want to dance?
(a) He wants to talk privately with Fanny.
(b) He loves to dance.
(c) He is in love with Fanny.
(d) To get out of playing cards.
13. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
(a) Lieutenant of marines.
14. Why does Mrs. Grant not attend the rehearsal?
(a) Mr. Grant is ill.
(b) She turned her ankle.
(c) It is raining heavily and she cannot travel.
(d) She and her husband had unexpected visitors.
15. How many miles is Sotherton from Mansfield Park?
(a) Eight miles.
(b) Five miles.
(c) Ten miles.
(d) Fifteen miles.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who proposes that the young people perform a play at Mansfield Park?
2. What color is Fanny's pony?
3. Whom does Henry want to play the part of Agatha?
4. Where did Tom meet John Yates?
5. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)