|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 47 and 48.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Julia announce to the performers as they rehearse one evening?
(a) Mrs. Rushworth wants to speak with her son.
(b) Fanny is needed in the kitchen.
(c) Her father is home.
(d) Her mother is ill.
2. What month does Sir Thomas plan to return from Antigua?
3. What is Fanny's biggest regret when she leaves for Portsmouth?
(a) That she will not be able to converse with Sir Thomas.
(b) That she will not see Edmund.
(c) That she will miss her special room.
(d) That she will miss Lady Bertram.
4. What does Edmund tell Fanny that Sir Thomas thinks about her in Chapter 21?
(a) She is tall.
(b) She speaks too much.
(c) He does not admire her.
(d) She is pretty.
5. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
(b) Loses his horse.
(c) Racks up gambling debts.
(d) Loses all his schoolbooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is it that William gets a leave of absence to visit Fanny in Chapter 24?
2. What happens to Mrs. Norris at the end of the novel?
3. How does Mrs. Norris describe Fanny when she is speaking to Sir Thomas at the end of Chapter 32?
4. What does Sir Thomas offer to Fanny that Mrs. Norris finds objectionable in Chapter 23?
5. How does Fanny describe Mary's letters to her after she leaves Mansfield?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)