|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Loses all his schoolbooks.
(b) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
(c) Racks up gambling debts.
(d) Loses his horse.
2. What color is Fanny's pony?
3. How does Fanny describe Mary during a conversation with Edmund early in the novel?
(a) Extremely pretty.
(b) Beautiful beyond compare.
4. Who comforts Fanny when she sits on a step crying as a young girl?
(a) Mrs. Norris.
(c) Lady Bertram.
5. How many children do Sir Thomas and Lady Bertram have?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Maria dislike during the ride to Sotherton?
2. Why is Fanny on the sofa when the others come back from dinner at the Parsonage?
3. What does Lady Bertram send to her sister before she has her ninth child?
4. How does Fanny react to seeing the Sotherton chapel?
5. How does Maria feel when she sees Sotherton?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)