|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9 and 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the relationship between Lady Bertram and Mrs. Norris?
(b) Aunt and niece.
(d) Sister and sister-in-law.
2. What is Fanny deprived the pleasure of in Chapter 4?
(a) Performing in a play.
(b) Attending social functions with her cousins.
(c) Her old gray pony.
(d) Walking with Mrs. Norris.
3. What kind of dog does Lady Bertram have?
4. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
(b) Lieutenant of marines.
5. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
(a) Forgets to pay his debt to his tailor.
(b) Loses his horse.
(c) Racks up gambling debts.
(d) Loses all his schoolbooks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Mr. Rushworth leaves Henry and Maria alone on the grounds of Sotherton, what do they do?
2. What does Maria say is bumping against her elbow "unmercifully" during the carriage-ride home from Sotherton?
3. Where does Mrs. Rushworth's housekeeper take Mrs. Norris at Sotherton?
4. What vocation is Edmund planning?
5. What does Edmund tell Mary about Fanny at the end of Chapter 5?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)