|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 38, 39, 40, 41, 42, and 43.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is it that William gets a leave of absence to visit Fanny in Chapter 24?
(a) He is due a vacation.
(b) Fanny requests it.
(c) Sir Thomas knows an admiral who arranged it.
(d) Through Henry's intervention.
2. What does Tom fret over about the theater?
(a) He doesn't want to perform.
(b) Slow progress of the scene painter.
(c) He is worried about his father's reaction.
(d) He can't learn his lines well enough.
3. What does Edmund think of the choice of play?
(d) Beautifully written.
4. What is France Ward's husband's occupation when they marry?
(b) Lieutenant of marines.
5. How does Fanny react to seeing the Sotherton chapel?
(a) She does not like its dank smell.
(b) She is disappointed by its lack of dignity.
(c) Frightened by its size.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "I shall think her a very obstinate, ungrateful girl, if she does not do what her aunt and cousins wish her..."
2. What is the last meal Fanny and William share before William goes back to sea November 24?
3. What role does Fanny play in Lady Bertram's life?
4. What does Fanny think when Edmund decides to accept a part in the play?
5. What does Tom Bertram do that Sir Thomas has to pay for at the beginning of the novel?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)