* Thirty years ago, Julia Ward made a good match with Sir Thomas Bertram of Mansfield Park.
* This match is expected to make her sister's fortunes more comfortable.
* The second-oldest sister marries a reverend, Mr. Norris, and they move to Mansfield, near the Bertrams.
* The youngest sister, Frances, makes a poor marriage with Mr. Price, a lieutenant in the marines without education, connections or wealth.
* The Prices live far from the other two families and a wedge forms.
* When Frances is expecting her ninth child, she writes her sisters asking if they could sponsor one of her children.
* The two older sisters act more kindly toward her and agree to sponsor her oldest daughter, Fanny.
* Fanny is 10 when she arrives at Mansfield Park.
* She has a difficult time making the transition to her new home; Edmund helps her feel more comfortable.
* Mr. Norris dies when Fanny is...
This section contains 2,952 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)