|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More say his refusal to sign the oath is a matter of when talking to Margaret?
2. What about Roper does More say makes him look like a Spaniard?
3. What does More say he does not plan to enter easily?
4. What created the new church?
5. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, and it is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
This section contains 188 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)