|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
2. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
3. After talking to Norfolk by the river, More says that man's natural inclination is ____________________.
4. The King was made the head of the new church by ____________.
5. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What was the role of the Common Man in this plot, and how did this affect the overall tone of the play?
Essay Topic 2
This play takes place in a few different settings. Describe some of these settings and how they affected the course of the plot. Why might Robert Bolt have chosen these particular places for this plot to take place?
Essay Topic 3
What were the titles given to the two acts in this play? What significance did this have to the plot?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)