|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does More not allow Roper to talk about his opinion of the Church of England?
2. What does Norfolk tell Cromwell he wants no part in when they are discussing More's resignation?
3. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
4. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
5. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
King Henry was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this when he only appeared once? What are some ways that his brief presence altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if the King had not been in the book at all?
Essay Topic 2
Fear is a common theme in this book, and it is presented a number of times by a number of characters. What are some of these instances, and how does fear affect the characters in the book?
Essay Topic 3
Marriage and divorce were two huge and interlocking themes of this play. How were these themes presented, and which characters were most affected by them?
This section contains 247 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)