|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What created the new church?
2. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
3. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
4. What does the attendant say goodness can be when confronted with the King?
5. How did More say he helped in the creation of "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What are some of the key examples of gratitude in this book, and how do these instances affect that characters involved in those scenes?
Essay Topic 2
What did Chapuys learn about himself from his confrontations with Thomas More? How did the interaction with More cause Chapuys to change?
Essay Topic 3
Marriage and divorce were two huge and interlocking themes of this play. How were these themes presented, and which characters were most affected by them?
This section contains 784 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)