|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the new church created?
2. What station does Rich rise to before his death?
3. What does Chapuys offer More before leaving the house with his attendant?
4. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
5. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Chapuys learn about himself from his confrontations with Thomas More? How did the interaction with More cause Chapuys to change?
Essay Topic 2
What were the titles given to the two acts in this play? What significance did this have to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
This section contains 172 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)