|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
2. What makes up the jury at More's trial?
3. What does Norfolk call More when they talk after his meeting with Cromwell?
4. What does Cromwell compare More's silence to at his trial?
5. What does More compare taking an oath to when talking to Margaret?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
More endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Rich and Cromwell are very similar in nature although very different in many other areas. What are some of these intrinsic differences and similarities, and what message(s) was Robert Bolt trying to send with these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Marriage and divorce were two huge and interlocking themes of this play. How were these themes presented, and which characters were most affected by them?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)