|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What refuses to stop for More after his talk with Cromwell?
2. For what was the Maid of Kent executed?
3. What is Chapuys's complaint about More's house after his resignation?
4. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
5. Who does Chapuys say has the responsibility to stop the actions of the King?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marriage and divorce were two huge and interlocking themes of this play. How were these themes presented, and which characters were most affected by them?
Essay Topic 2
What are some of the key points of More's last great speech, and how has this speech affected his place in history?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 735 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)