|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
2. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
3. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
4. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
5. Why was the new church created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
More endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
Thomas More's fatal flaw was his undying moral integrity. How did he show this trait? Why would this have been considered a flaw by literary critics?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)