|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does More tell Margaret there will probably be no trial for him?
2. Why was the new church created?
3. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
4. What does Rich apologize to Cromwell about after Norfolk is told of the bribe?
5. Who records the conversation between Cromwell and More?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Rich and Cromwell are very similar in nature although very different in many other areas. What are some of these intrinsic differences and similarities, and what message(s) was Robert Bolt trying to send with these two characters?
Essay Topic 2
What were the titles given to the two acts in this play? What significance did this have to the plot?
Essay Topic 3
Shame and propriety are common themes throughout this book. What are some of the instances where these themes are present, and why are they so important to the characters involved?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)