|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did More say he helped in the creation of "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
2. What does Norfolk call More when they talk after his meeting with Cromwell?
3. Why does More agree that Anne's children are the heirs to the throne?
4. What does Cromwell call the Pope after the Church of England is created?
5. Why was the new church created?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
Essay Topic 2
The characters in this book all had their own goals and motivations. Select four characters and write their main motivation throughout the book and how this goal affected the characters around them.
Essay Topic 3
Rich and Cromwell are very similar in nature although very different in many other areas. What are some of these intrinsic differences and similarities, and what message(s) was Robert Bolt trying to send with these two characters?
This section contains 227 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)