|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is More's trial held?
2. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
3. What created the new church?
4. What does More say the Bible states silence is a sign of at his trial?
5. Who is willing to corroborate about More taking a bribe?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
More endures many different trials before the end of the book. What are some of these trials, and what lessons does he learn through these experiences?
Essay Topic 2
What was the role of the Common Man in this plot, and how did this affect the overall tone of the play?
Essay Topic 3
Thomas More's fatal flaw was his undying moral integrity. How did he show this trait? Why would this have been considered a flaw by literary critics?
This section contains 164 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)