|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who introduces Act 2, Scene 1?
2. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
3. What created the new church?
4. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
5. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What did Chapuys learn about himself from his confrontations with Thomas More? How did the interaction with More cause Chapuys to change?
Essay Topic 2
What was the role of the Common Man in this plot, and how did this affect the overall tone of the play?
Essay Topic 3
King Henry was a minor character whose presence made a big difference in the plot. How did he accomplish this when he only appeared once? What are some ways that his brief presence altered the outcome of the plot? What would have happened differently if the King had not been in the book at all?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)