|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does More tell Margaret there will probably be no trial for him?
2. What does Chapuys think will send a message of resistance?
3. According to Chapuys, to what has Catherine's pain caused insult?
4. In what year does Act 2, Scene1 start?
5. What is Chapuys's complaint about More's house after his resignation?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
How did the historical backdrop of this play affect the feeling and tone of the play?
Essay Topic 2
Richard Rich's foolhardy and selfish nature wreaked havoc throughout the entire play. What are some examples of this foolish behavior, and how did these actions affect the characters around him? Was the author sending a message through Simon's behavior?
Essay Topic 3
What role does symbolism play in the story, and where does it appear? How is the plot altered by the presence of these symbols?
This section contains 194 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)