|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More tell Marget to do when she leaves him in the tower?
2. To what has Roper decided to declare allegiance in Act 2?
3. What does Marge burn in the fireplace after the resignation?
4. After talking to Norfolk by the river, More says that man's natural inclination is ____________________.
5. Who records the conversation between Cromwell and More?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Marriage and divorce were two huge and interlocking themes of this play. How were these themes presented, and which characters were most affected by them?
Essay Topic 2
Rich and Cromwell are very similar in nature although very different in many other areas. What are some of these intrinsic differences and similarities, and what message(s) was Robert Bolt trying to send with these two characters?
Essay Topic 3
Friendship is a strong theme throughout the book. Where are some places that this theme appears, and how do the characters touched by it react? How do certain friendships change over the course of the book, and what causes these changes?
This section contains 217 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)