|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A ninny.
(b) A fool.
(c) A red herring.
(d) A stalwart.
2. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
(a) A religious ruler.
(b) A servant of the Lord.
(c) A good son of the Church.
(d) A paranoid sycophant.
3. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
(a) Replaying a memory.
(b) Looking for him.
(c) Going home.
(d) Having dinner.
4. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
5. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Grand Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second role played by the Common Man?
2. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
3. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
4. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
5. Where was More when he could not be found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What warning does Wolsey give More before they end their meeting?
2. What is said in the first lines of Act 2?
3. What was Wolsey charged with before his death, and why?
4. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
5. What does More say when Norfolk begs him in the Tower to sign the Act of Succession?
6. What will be the first major task for More as the new Chancellor, and what might this mean?
7. What does Rich do when he sees the cup given to More as a bribe?
8. What does More say when Cromwell asks him about the marriage of the King and Anne, and what is Cromwell's response to this?
9. What do Norfolk and Alice talk about when they come on the scene for the first time?
10. How does More respond to the complaints of the boatman?
This section contains 639 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)