|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
2. What does the surprise visitor show Margaret to prove his skill?
(a) His arm.
(b) His memorized speech.
(c) His leg.
(d) His scar.
3. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(b) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
(c) He wanted more money from Henry.
(d) He did not want Henry running the church.
4. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
(b) The Pope.
5. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
(b) King Henry.
(c) Thomas More.
(d) Martin Luther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the second role played by the Common Man?
2. Who gives More his chains of office before his visitor arrives?
3. For whom is the Common Man working in Scene 5?
4. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
5. What did Wolsey die of?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the main change in England at the beginning of Act 2?
2. Why was the new church established?
3. What did Bolt say More had the ability to do that most people do not?
4. What does More's steward do and say when Rich confronts him after his talk with Chapuys?
5. What warning does Wolsey give More before they end their meeting?
6. What is Henry's main support for his divorce when talking to More?
7. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
8. What does Rich say when he is put on the witness stand, and what is More's reaction to this?
9. How does More respond to the complaints of the boatman?
10. Why does More not fear negative consequences from the King after his resignation?
This section contains 727 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)