|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
2. What is Chapuys's occupation?
(d) Spanish Ambassador.
3. Who is visibly upset about More being punished for not being found?
4. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
(a) Runner up for Chancellor.
(b) Spy of the King.
(c) Parliamentary Courier.
(d) Secretary to the council.
5. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
(a) The Anglican Religion.
(b) The Church of England.
(c) The Divorce Court.
(d) The Church of the United Kingdom.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
2. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
3. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
4. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
5. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does the jailer apologize to More after his family leaves?
2. What does Cromwell do at the end of his secret meeting with Rich?
3. According to Chapuys, what has the divorce caused the church? What does he want done about it?
4. What does the Common Man say to the audience at the end of the book?
5. What does Alice say Norfolk hinted about while talking with her?
6. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
7. What does Cromwell say will happen to More if he does not bless the King's marriage to Anne?
8. What does Henry tell More when he sees More will not agree with him about the divorce?
9. How did More trust in the law when he rejected the King's demands?
10. What does More tell his wife he will do now that he has resigned as the Chancellor?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)