|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
(a) They think he is a Saint.
(b) They think he is an angel.
(c) The think he is a traitor.
(d) They think he is a heretic.
2. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married his brother's wife.
(b) He married a woman from another country.
(c) He married a pregnant woman.
(d) He married a woman older than he is.
3. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
(a) To get out of his bribe.
(b) To protect More.
(c) Out of friendship.
(d) In return for money.
4. What is the title of More's wife?
5. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
(a) She is young.
(b) She is strong.
(c) She is fertile.
(d) She is beautiful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rich do for the Duke?
2. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
3. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
4. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
5. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Cromwell do at the end of his secret meeting with Rich?
2. What does the Common man complain about as he takes More home in the boat?
3. Why does Wolsey think a divorce for King Henry is necessary?
4. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
5. What will be the first major task for More as the new Chancellor, and what might this mean?
6. Why does Will say he is worthy of marrying Margaraet?
7. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
8. What does Henry tell More when he sees More will not agree with him about the divorce?
9. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
10. How did the Common Man say Wolsey died?
This section contains 746 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)