|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
(a) Looking for him.
(b) Going home.
(c) Having dinner.
(d) Replaying a memory.
2. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
(a) The Church of England.
(b) The Divorce Court.
(c) The Church of the United Kingdom.
(d) The Anglican Religion.
3. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Withstanding trials.
(b) Being in power.
(c) Getting his way.
(d) Finding truth.
4. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
(a) Takes him into another room.
(b) Pays him.
(c) Shakes his hand.
(d) Gives him a message.
5. What kind of man does Cromwell say would stay out of the way of the divorce?
(a) Men with motivation.
(b) Men governed by fear.
(c) Men with conviction.
(d) Men with common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cromwell's first name?
2. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
3. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
4. What is the surprise visitor better at than Margaret?
5. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does More say when Norfolk begs him in the Tower to sign the Act of Succession?
2. What does More say to the Headsman just before he is executed?
3. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
4. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
5. What does More say when Henry asks him if he has thought about the divorce since their last meeting?
6. Where does the Common Man say Rich died, and what are his feelings about this?
7. How did More trust in the law when he rejected the King's demands?
8. What did Bolt intend for the Common Man in his play to represent?
9. How does More's steward validate the money he made by giving information about More?
10. What does the Common Man say is the one bad thing about More as a Chancellor?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)