|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. More says his daughter's suitor is just like__________.
(a) His brother.
(b) A rebel.
(c) The King.
(d) His father.
2. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
(b) High Treason.
(d) Willful disobedience.
3. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
4. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
(a) Stop changing his mind.
(b) Prove his changed manners.
(c) Make some money.
(d) Join the church.
5. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Being in power.
(b) Finding truth.
(c) Withstanding trials.
(d) Getting his way.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does More describe his meeting with Wolsey when talking to Chapuys?
2. What is the name of More's Steward?
3. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
4. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
5. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Alice say Norfolk hinted about while talking with her?
2. What does the Common man complain about as he takes More home in the boat?
3. How did More trust in the law when he rejected the King's demands?
4. What has Cromwell learned from reading Machiavelli?
5. What is Henry's main support for his divorce when talking to More?
6. According to Chapuys, what has the divorce caused the church? What does he want done about it?
7. Why does Wolsey think a divorce for King Henry is necessary?
8. What does Henry tell More when they are together alone in More's garden?
9. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
10. What does Chapuys say will happen if Henry is allowed to divorce Catherine?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)