|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What job does Cromwell say Rich would be good at?
(a) Assistant to the Secretary.
(c) Scribe to the Council.
(d) Collector of Revenues.
2. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
(a) All of these.
(b) He fell in love with someone else.
(c) She did not produce an heir.
(d) She was rigidly religious.
3. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
(a) He is not religious.
(b) He is not faithful.
(c) He is not disloyal.
(d) He is not motivated.
4. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
(a) The King wants a divorce.
(b) It does not openly preach to all.
(c) The Pope is corrupt.
(d) It changes its doctrines.
5. Who says the first line in the play?
(a) The Jailer.
(b) The Common Man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gives More his chains of office before his visitor arrives?
2. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
3. What is Chapuys's occupation?
4. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
5. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does More respond to the complaints of the boatman?
2. How did More trust in the law when he rejected the King's demands?
3. What does More's steward do and say when Rich confronts him after his talk with Chapuys?
4. What does Rich say would cause him to reveal Cromwell's new job, and how does Cromwell respond to this answer?
5. Why does Will say he is worthy of marrying Margaraet?
6. What does Cromwell do at the end of his secret meeting with Rich?
7. What does More's steward tell Chapuys about More since he became Chancellor?
8. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
9. What is said in the first lines of Act 2?
10. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
This section contains 679 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)