|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) An outline for the plot.
(b) His opinion.
(c) Historical background.
(d) A detailed description of the setting.
2. What does Chapuys call More after talking to him about Wolsey?
(a) A statesman.
(b) A coward.
(c) A traitor.
(d) A good man.
3. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
(a) Takes him into another room.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Gives him a message.
(d) Pays him.
4. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
5. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(b) The Grand Cardinal.
(c) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of man does Cromwell say would stay out of the way of the divorce?
2. What is the name of More's Steward?
3. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
4. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
5. What does the Common Man read in Scene 5?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Common Man say to the audience at the end of the book?
2. What does Henry tell More when he sees More will not agree with him about the divorce?
3. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
4. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
5. Why does the jailer apologize to More after his family leaves?
6. Why is Alice so angry with her husband when she visits him in prison?
7. What does Alice say Norfolk hinted about while talking with her?
8. What does Chapuys ask More, and how does More respond to this?
9. How did More trust in the law when he rejected the King's demands?
10. What did Bolt intend for the Common Man in his play to represent?
This section contains 745 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)