Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
(a) He is not disloyal.
(b) He is not motivated.
(c) He is not faithful.
(d) He is not religious.
2. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
(a) She looks older than her years.
(b) She is a scholar.
(c) She looks pious.
(d) She is lovely.
3. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) They are cousins.
4. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(b) The Pope.
(d) The Grand Cardinal.
5. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
(b) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
2. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
3. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
4. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
5. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Common Man say is the one bad thing about More as a Chancellor?
2. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
3. What does the Common Man say to the audience at the end of the book?
4. What does Cromwell do at the end of his secret meeting with Rich?
5. What does More's steward do and say when Rich confronts him after his talk with Chapuys?
6. What does More say to Norfolk when he asks More to give in to the King?
7. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
8. What does Cromwell say has to be done to More to make the divorce possible, and what does Rich say to this?
9. What does More say when Cromwell asks him about the marriage of the King and Anne, and what is Cromwell's response to this?
10. Why does Wolsey think a divorce for King Henry is necessary?
This section contains 873 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)