|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
(a) He is working off of fear.
(b) He is a good man at heart.
(c) He is in a bad mood.
(d) He is a traitor.
2. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
(a) He fell in love with someone else.
(b) She did not produce an heir.
(c) She was rigidly religious.
(d) All of these.
3. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
4. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
5. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) A book.
(b) A pillow.
(c) Some wine.
(d) Some water.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
2. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
3. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
4. What is Cromwell's first name?
5. What is the surprise visitor better at than Margaret?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did the Common Man say Wolsey died?
2. What does the Common man complain about as he takes More home in the boat?
3. What does More say when Henry asks him if he has thought about the divorce since their last meeting?
4. What does More say when Norfolk begs him in the Tower to sign the Act of Succession?
5. What does Wolsey tell More he must do before he can be a great statesman?
6. What does More say to Norfolk when he asks More to give in to the King?
7. What will be the first major task for More as the new Chancellor, and what might this mean?
8. What did Bolt say More had the ability to do that most people do not?
9. What does Rich do when he sees the cup given to More as a bribe?
10. What does Cromwell compare More to when discussing how to trap him with Rich?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)