|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
(a) He refuses his approval.
(b) He laughs.
(c) He begins to weep.
(d) He hugs her tightly.
2. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
3. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
4. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
(a) Prove his changed manners.
(b) Join the church.
(c) Stop changing his mind.
(d) Make some money.
5. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
(b) Moral integrity.
(d) Common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the Common Man putting the things he is gathering up in Scene 5?
2. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
3. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
4. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
5. Who does the surprise visitor apologize to for his intrusion?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is More opposed to the divorce of King Henry?
2. Why does More say he doesn't fear to stand before Cromwell at Hampton Court?
3. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
4. How does Bolt say people speak, and what does he say the problem is with this?
5. What does Wolsey tell More he must do before he can be a great statesman?
6. What happens to people who do not support the new church?
7. Why does Wolsey think a divorce for King Henry is necessary?
8. What does the steward say about Rich after asking him for a job?
9. What does Cromwell say will happen to More if he does not bless the King's marriage to Anne?
10. What does Chapuys ask More, and how does More respond to this?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)