|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
2. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
3. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
(a) Parliamentary Courier.
(b) Spy of the King.
(c) Runner up for Chancellor.
(d) Secretary to the council.
4. What is the surprise visitor better at than Margaret?
5. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(a) Moral integrity.
(c) Common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
2. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
3. What does Rich say is the one thing that would convince him to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
4. Where does More live as the Chancellor?
5. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
Short Essay Questions
1. According to Chapuys, what has the divorce caused the church? What does he want done about it?
2. Why does Will say he is worthy of marrying Margaraet?
3. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
4. How does Rich feel about More's suggestion that he be a teacher, and why does he feel this way?
5. Why does More not fear negative consequences from the King after his resignation?
6. How does More's steward validate the money he made by giving information about More?
7. What is Henry's main support for his divorce when talking to More?
8. What does Alice want More to do when she sees Will leaving, and what is More's response?
9. What does Cromwell compare More to when discussing how to trap him with Rich?
10. Where does the Common Man say Rich died, and what are his feelings about this?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)