|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
(a) Martin Luther.
(b) King Henry.
(d) Thomas More.
2. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A snake.
(b) A herring.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A rabbit.
3. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
(a) He is not religious.
(b) He is not faithful.
(c) He is not motivated.
(d) He is not disloyal.
4. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
(a) Common sense.
(d) Moral integrity.
5. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
(a) In return for money.
(b) Out of friendship.
(c) To protect More.
(d) To get out of his bribe.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
2. Rich tells Cromwell that it will be hard to ___________More.
3. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
4. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
5. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rich do when he sees the cup given to More as a bribe?
2. What did Bolt say More had the ability to do that most people do not?
3. What is the main change in England at the beginning of Act 2?
4. What warning does Wolsey give More before they end their meeting?
5. How did the Common Man say Wolsey died?
6. What is Henry's main support for his divorce when talking to More?
7. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
8. What does the Common man complain about as he takes More home in the boat?
9. Why does the jailer apologize to More after his family leaves?
10. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)