|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Grand Cardinal.
2. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Martin Luther.
(d) Thomas More.
3. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
4. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
5. Who is coming when More goes missing?
(a) Richard Rich.
(b) The King.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was More when he could not be found?
2. Who does the surprise visitor apologize to for his intrusion?
3. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
4. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
5. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does More tell his wife he will do now that he has resigned as the Chancellor?
2. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
3. What does More say when Cromwell asks him about the marriage of the King and Anne, and what is Cromwell's response to this?
4. What does Chapuys say will happen if Henry is allowed to divorce Catherine?
5. How does More respond to the complaints of the boatman?
6. Why does the jailer apologize to More after his family leaves?
7. What does Rich say when he is put on the witness stand, and what is More's reaction to this?
8. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
9. What does the Common Man say to the audience at the end of the book?
10. What has Cromwell learned from reading Machiavelli?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)