|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
(a) He is a good man at heart.
(b) He is in a bad mood.
(c) He is working off of fear.
(d) He is a traitor.
2. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(b) Common sense.
(d) Moral integrity.
3. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
(a) The new one has strength.
(b) The new one is young.
(c) The new one is more devout.
(d) The new one is more scholarly.
4. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A divorce for King Henry.
(b) A promotion for himself.
(c) A resignation for himself.
(d) A replacement for Catherine.
5. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
(b) Wolsey's bodyguard.
(c) Wolsey's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
2. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
3. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
4. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
5. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Common Man say is the one bad thing about More as a Chancellor?
2. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
3. What does Henry tell More when they are together alone in More's garden?
4. What does Cromwell compare More to when discussing how to trap him with Rich?
5. What does Cromwell say has to be done to More to make the divorce possible, and what does Rich say to this?
6. How did the Common Man say Wolsey died?
7. What does Cromwell say will happen to More if he does not bless the King's marriage to Anne?
8. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
9. What does Wolsey tell More he must do before he can be a great statesman?
10. What does Alice want More to do when she sees Will leaving, and what is More's response?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)