|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A resignation for himself.
(b) A replacement for Catherine.
(c) A promotion for himself.
(d) A divorce for King Henry.
2. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
3. What is a publican?
(a) An innkeeper.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A religous fanatic.
(d) A politician.
4. Who is visibly upset about More being punished for not being found?
5. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Common Man read in Scene 5?
2. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
3. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
4. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
5. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
2. What does Rich do when he sees the cup given to More as a bribe?
3. What does More's steward do and say when Rich confronts him after his talk with Chapuys?
4. What does the Common Man say is the one bad thing about More as a Chancellor?
5. What did Bolt intend for the Common Man in his play to represent?
6. What does Henry tell More when he sees More will not agree with him about the divorce?
7. How does Rich feel about More's suggestion that he be a teacher, and why does he feel this way?
8. What do Norfolk and Alice talk about when they come on the scene for the first time?
9. How does More respond to the complaints of the boatman?
10. What does Cromwell say will happen to More if he does not bless the King's marriage to Anne?
This section contains 757 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)