|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming when More goes missing?
(a) The King.
(c) The Pope.
(d) Richard Rich.
2. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
3. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) A detailed description of the setting.
(b) Historical background.
(c) His opinion.
(d) An outline for the plot.
4. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A replacement for Catherine.
(b) A divorce for King Henry.
(c) A resignation for himself.
(d) A promotion for himself.
5. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
(a) He is not motivated.
(b) He is not religious.
(c) He is not disloyal.
(d) He is not faithful.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
2. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
3. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
4. Where was More when he could not be found?
5. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Wolsey think a divorce for King Henry is necessary?
2. What does Rich say when he is put on the witness stand, and what is More's reaction to this?
3. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
4. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
5. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
6. What does Chapuys ask More, and how does More respond to this?
7. What happens to people who do not support the new church?
8. How does Rich feel about More's suggestion that he be a teacher, and why does he feel this way?
9. What does Will tell More after he insults Norfolk by the river?
10. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
This section contains 701 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)