|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cromwell tell Rich his main job is for the King?
(a) To make him feel important.
(b) To bend others to his will.
(c) To make his divorce convenient.
(d) To distract him from his worries.
2. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
(a) To see Wolsey.
(b) To his home.
(c) To find More.
(d) To the inn.
3. Who is visibly upset about More being punished for not being found?
4. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(a) He knows he is honest.
(b) He would have said the same thing.
(c) He wanted a reason to get Rich in trouble.
(d) He knows he can combat this.
5. What does Chapuys call More after talking to him about Wolsey?
(a) A good man.
(b) A statesman.
(c) A coward.
(d) A traitor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
2. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
3. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
4. What kind of man does Cromwell say would stay out of the way of the divorce?
5. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does More's steward say to the audience about the information he gave the men in Scene 6?
2. How does Bolt say people speak, and what does he say the problem is with this?
3. Why does More not fear negative consequences from the King after his resignation?
4. Why does Will say he is worthy of marrying Margaraet?
5. Why is More opposed to the divorce of King Henry?
6. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
7. What does Will tell More after he insults Norfolk by the river?
8. Why was the new church established?
9. According to Chapuys, what has the divorce caused the church? What does he want done about it?
10. What did Bolt say More had the ability to do that most people do not?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)