|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
(a) They think he is a Saint.
(b) They think he is an angel.
(c) The think he is a traitor.
(d) They think he is a heretic.
2. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
3. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
4. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
(c) The Pope.
5. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
2. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
3. What does Rich say is the one thing that would convince him to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
4. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
5. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Common man complain about as he takes More home in the boat?
2. What does More say to the Headsman just before he is executed?
3. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
4. What has Cromwell learned from reading Machiavelli?
5. What is Henry's main support for his divorce when talking to More?
6. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
7. Where does the Common Man say Rich died, and what are his feelings about this?
8. How does Bolt say people speak, and what does he say the problem is with this?
9. What does Margaret ask her father after Will leaves, and what is his response?
10. How did More trust in the law when he rejected the King's demands?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)