|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was More when he could not be found?
(d) The graveyard.
2. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) An outline for the plot.
(b) Historical background.
(c) His opinion.
(d) A detailed description of the setting.
3. What is the name of More's Steward?
4. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
(a) High Treason.
(d) Willful disobedience.
5. What does the Common Man say is the worst thing about the new Chancellor?
(a) He is too strict.
(b) He is not sympathetic with the King.
(c) He is indifferent to reality.
(d) He has too many family issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
2. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
3. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
4. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
5. What job does Cromwell say Rich would be good at?
Short Essay Questions
1. What was Wolsey charged with before his death, and why?
2. What does Rich do when he sees the cup given to More as a bribe?
3. What does the Common Man say to the audience at the end of the book?
4. What does Alice say Norfolk hinted about while talking with her?
5. What does Chapuys ask More, and how does More respond to this?
6. What does Chapuys say will happen if Henry is allowed to divorce Catherine?
7. What will be the first major task for More as the new Chancellor, and what might this mean?
8. What did Bolt say More had the ability to do that most people do not?
9. Why is Alice so angry with her husband when she visits him in prison?
10. How does More's steward validate the money he made by giving information about More?
This section contains 710 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)