|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who says the first line in the play?
(a) The Common Man.
(d) The Jailer.
2. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
(a) To his home.
(b) To the inn.
(c) To see Wolsey.
(d) To find More.
3. What does the surprise visitor show Margaret to prove his skill?
(a) His memorized speech.
(b) His arm.
(c) His scar.
(d) His leg.
4. Who is coming when More goes missing?
(a) The Pope.
(c) The King.
(d) Richard Rich.
5. What is a publican?
(a) A farmer.
(b) An innkeeper.
(c) A politician.
(d) A religous fanatic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
2. What time does More meet with Wolsey?
3. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
4. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
5. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Norfolk ask More after his chain of service is removed?
2. What does Cromwell say will happen to More if he does not bless the King's marriage to Anne?
3. What does Henry tell More when he sees More will not agree with him about the divorce?
4. Why is More opposed to the divorce of King Henry?
5. What is said in the first lines of Act 2?
6. What does Rich say would cause him to reveal Cromwell's new job, and how does Cromwell respond to this answer?
7. What does Wolsey tell More he must do before he can be a great statesman?
8. What does More say to Norfolk when he asks More to give in to the King?
9. What does the Common Man say to the audience at the end of the book?
10. What does Cromwell do at the end of his secret meeting with Rich?
This section contains 684 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)