|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
2. What is the name of More's daughter?
3. What does the Common Man complain about in his second role?
(a) His low pay.
(b) His aching knee.
(c) The weather.
(d) The late hour.
4. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
5. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) Letter drafts.
(c) Used dishes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
2. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
3. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
4. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
5. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does More say he can't accept money from the bishops?
2. What does Wolsey tell More he must do before he can be a great statesman?
3. What does the Common Man say is the one bad thing about More as a Chancellor?
4. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
5. Why does Will say he is worthy of marrying Margaraet?
6. What is said in the first lines of Act 2?
7. What does Will tell More after he insults Norfolk by the river?
8. What does Henry tell More when they are together alone in More's garden?
9. What does More say to Norfolk when he asks More to give in to the King?
10. Why is Alice so angry with her husband when she visits him in prison?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)