|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cromwell's first name?
2. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
(a) They think he is a heretic.
(b) They think he is an angel.
(c) The think he is a traitor.
(d) They think he is a Saint.
3. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married a woman older than he is.
(b) He married a woman from another country.
(c) He married his brother's wife.
(d) He married a pregnant woman.
4. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
(a) Canterbury Court.
(b) Hampton Court.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) The London Bridge.
5. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Wolsey die of?
2. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
3. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
4. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
5. Where was More when he could not be found?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Rich say would cause him to reveal Cromwell's new job, and how does Cromwell respond to this answer?
2. What does More say in his speech when he realizes he will be found guilty?
3. Where does the Common Man say Rich died, and what are his feelings about this?
4. What does Rich say about the mist in England?
5. What does the Common Man say to the audience at the end of the book?
6. What happens to people who do not support the new church?
7. What does Henry tell More when he sees More will not agree with him about the divorce?
8. What did Bolt intend for the Common Man in his play to represent?
9. How did More trust in the law when he rejected the King's demands?
10. What does Rich do when he sees the cup given to More as a bribe?
This section contains 781 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)