|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A herring.
(d) A snake.
2. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
3. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) He is her father.
4. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
(a) His friendship.
(b) His innocence.
(c) His faith.
(d) His fidelity.
5. Who does the surprise visitor apologize to for his intrusion?
(b) The Steward.
(d) The Common Man.
6. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
(a) Wolsey's bodyguard.
(c) Wolsey's assistant.
7. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) Historical background.
(b) His opinion.
(c) A detailed description of the setting.
(d) An outline for the plot.
8. What is Chapuys's occupation?
(c) Spanish Ambassador.
9. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
(a) She is strong.
(b) She is young.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is fertile.
10. What time does More meet with Wolsey?
(a) 11:30 p.m.
(b) 11:30 a.m.
(c) 1:30 p.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
11. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A red herring.
(b) A stalwart.
(c) A ninny.
(d) A fool.
12. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted more money from Henry.
(b) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(c) He did not want Henry running the church.
(d) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
13. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
(a) Hampton Court.
(b) The London Bridge.
(c) Canterbury Court.
(d) The Tower of London.
14. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
(d) A broken heart.
15. What is More dressed in as his surprise visitor arrives?
(a) A cassock.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A Cardinal's robe.
(d) A Catholic trent.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
2. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
3. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
4. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
5. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)