|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
(b) The Pope.
2. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
(a) His house.
(b) His money.
(c) A costume.
(d) A meal.
3. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
(a) He is in a bad mood.
(b) He is working off of fear.
(c) He is a good man at heart.
(d) He is a traitor.
4. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
5. Who says the first line in the play?
(a) The Jailer.
(c) The Common Man.
6. How does More describe his meeting with Wolsey when talking to Chapuys?
7. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
8. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
9. What did Wolsey die of?
(a) A heart attack.
(c) The plague.
10. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) A weakness.
(b) An unmet need.
(c) A moral.
(d) A price.
11. Where does More live as the Chancellor?
12. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) A great collection of books.
(c) A gilded cup.
(d) Some fine wine.
13. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
(b) High Treason.
(d) Willful disobedience.
14. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He refuses his approval.
(c) He begins to weep.
(d) He hugs her tightly.
15. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
(a) A religious ruler.
(b) A servant of the Lord.
(c) A paranoid sycophant.
(d) A good son of the Church.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
2. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
3. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
4. What does the Common Man complain about in his second role?
5. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
This section contains 413 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)