|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was sickly.
(b) She was a girl.
(c) She was not living in England.
(d) She was Spanish.
2. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) Some wine.
(b) A pillow.
(c) Some water.
(d) A book.
3. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
(a) Common sense.
(c) Moral integrity.
4. What does Cromwell tell Rich his main job is for the King?
(a) To bend others to his will.
(b) To distract him from his worries.
(c) To make him feel important.
(d) To make his divorce convenient.
5. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) He is her father.
(c) They are cousins.
(d) They are siblings.
6. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
(a) A costume.
(b) A meal.
(c) His house.
(d) His money.
7. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
8. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married his brother's wife.
(b) He married a woman older than he is.
(c) He married a woman from another country.
(d) He married a pregnant woman.
9. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
(a) He takes the canal boat.
(b) He has a carriage.
(c) He walks.
(d) He rides a horse.
10. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
(a) They think he is a heretic.
(b) They think he is an angel.
(c) They think he is a Saint.
(d) The think he is a traitor.
11. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
12. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
(a) The man has a bad reputation.
(b) The man is a heretic.
(c) The man is poor.
(d) The man is too young.
13. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) A weakness.
(b) A moral.
(c) A price.
(d) An unmet need.
14. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
15. What is the second role played by the Common Man?
(c) Shop keeper.
(d) Bar tender.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
2. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
3. What does More call Anne Boleyn when talking to Wolsey?
4. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
5. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)