|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
(b) His steward.
(c) His wife.
(d) The Pope.
2. Who does the surprise visitor apologize to for his intrusion?
(b) The Steward.
(c) The Common Man.
3. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
(a) Embraces him.
(b) Get flushed and embarrassed.
(c) Runs out.
4. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
(c) The King.
5. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(b) Moral integrity.
(c) Common sense.
6. What is More dressed in as his surprise visitor arrives?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A Catholic trent.
(c) A Cardinal's robe.
(d) A cassock.
7. What does the Common Man complain about in his second role?
(a) His aching knee.
(b) The late hour.
(c) The weather.
(d) His low pay.
8. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
(a) If he can be trusted.
(b) If there is a good place to hide there.
(c) If his place is good for plotting a conspiracy.
(d) If his prices are following the standard.
9. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
10. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Withstanding trials.
(b) Finding truth.
(c) Being in power.
(d) Getting his way.
11. What does Rich do for the Duke?
(a) He is a servant.
(b) He is a librarian.
(c) He is an announcer.
(d) He is a scribe.
12. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
(a) Looking for him.
(b) Having dinner.
(c) Replaying a memory.
(d) Going home.
13. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
14. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
15. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
(a) Gives him a message.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Takes him into another room.
(d) Pays him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
2. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
3. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
4. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
5. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
This section contains 403 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)