|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
2. What did Wolsey die of?
(b) The plague.
(c) A heart attack.
3. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) Some fine wine.
(b) A great collection of books.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) A gilded cup.
4. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
5. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(a) The Grand Cardinal.
(d) The Pope.
6. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
(a) To settle her dowry.
(b) To show compassion.
(c) To honor his brother.
(d) To keep peace with Spain.
7. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
8. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
9. What does Rich do for the Duke?
(a) He is a scribe.
(b) He is a librarian.
(c) He is a servant.
(d) He is an announcer.
10. What does More call Anne Boleyn when talking to Wolsey?
(a) The Beast.
(b) That Thing.
(c) The Whore of all Whores.
(d) The Abomination.
11. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
(a) He is not religious.
(b) He is not disloyal.
(c) He is not motivated.
(d) He is not faithful.
12. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) Letter drafts.
(b) Used dishes.
13. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
14. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was a girl.
(b) She was sickly.
(c) She was not living in England.
(d) She was Spanish.
15. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
(a) Martin Luther.
(c) King Henry.
(d) Thomas More.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where was More when he could not be found?
2. What job does Cromwell say Rich would be good at?
3. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
4. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
5. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)