|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The King of Spain.
2. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
(a) Secretary to the council.
(b) Spy of the King.
(c) Runner up for Chancellor.
(d) Parliamentary Courier.
3. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
4. Where was More when he could not be found?
(b) The graveyard.
5. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) A pillow.
(b) Some water.
(c) A book.
(d) Some wine.
6. Who gives More his chains of office before his visitor arrives?
7. What does Rich do for the Duke?
(a) He is an announcer.
(b) He is a scribe.
(c) He is a servant.
(d) He is a librarian.
8. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
9. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
(a) To see Wolsey.
(b) To his home.
(c) To find More.
(d) To the inn.
10. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
(a) Respect himself.
(b) Listen to himself.
(c) Believe in himself.
(d) Support himself.
11. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
12. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) Historical background.
(b) A detailed description of the setting.
(c) His opinion.
(d) An outline for the plot.
13. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was not living in England.
(b) She was sickly.
(c) She was Spanish.
(d) She was a girl.
14. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He did not want Henry running the church.
(b) He wanted more money from Henry.
(c) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
(d) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
15. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
(a) Get flushed and embarrassed.
(b) Embraces him.
(c) Runs out.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
2. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
3. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
4. What time does More meet with Wolsey?
5. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
This section contains 430 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)