|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
2. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
(a) The man is poor.
(b) The man is too young.
(c) The man is a heretic.
(d) The man has a bad reputation.
3. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
(a) The Pope is corrupt.
(b) It changes its doctrines.
(c) It does not openly preach to all.
(d) The King wants a divorce.
4. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
5. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
6. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A snake.
(d) A herring.
7. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
(a) His wife.
(b) His steward.
(d) The Pope.
8. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted more money from Henry.
(b) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(c) He did not want Henry running the church.
(d) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
9. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
(a) Stop changing his mind.
(b) Make some money.
(c) Prove his changed manners.
(d) Join the church.
10. Who is coming when More goes missing?
(a) The King.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Richard Rich.
11. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
(a) Throw him.
(b) Seduce him.
(c) Train him.
(d) Subdue him.
12. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married a woman from another country.
(b) He married a woman older than he is.
(c) He married his brother's wife.
(d) He married a pregnant woman.
13. What does More call Anne Boleyn when talking to Wolsey?
(a) The Abomination.
(b) The Whore of all Whores.
(c) The Beast.
(d) That Thing.
14. More says his daughter's suitor is just like__________.
(a) His brother.
(b) The King.
(c) His father.
(d) A rebel.
15. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
(a) They think he is a heretic.
(b) They think he is a Saint.
(c) The think he is a traitor.
(d) They think he is an angel.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
2. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
3. Who says the first line in the play?
4. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
5. What is the name of More's wife?
This section contains 426 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)