|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Getting his way.
(b) Finding truth.
(c) Being in power.
(d) Withstanding trials.
2. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
(a) In return for money.
(b) To get out of his bribe.
(c) To protect More.
(d) Out of friendship.
3. Who gives More his chains of office before his visitor arrives?
4. What does Rich say is the one thing that would convince him to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(c) Death threats.
(d) A new position.
5. Where was Wolsey going when he died?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) The Cathedral.
(c) The Castle.
(d) The Bar.
6. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
(a) A paranoid sycophant.
(b) A servant of the Lord.
(c) A good son of the Church.
(d) A religious ruler.
7. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
8. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
(a) The Pope.
9. What does the surprise visitor show Margaret to prove his skill?
(a) His leg.
(b) His memorized speech.
(c) His scar.
(d) His arm.
10. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
(a) High Treason.
(b) Willful disobedience.
11. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
12. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(a) The Grand Cardinal.
(b) The Pope.
13. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
(a) She looks pious.
(b) She looks older than her years.
(c) She is lovely.
(d) She is a scholar.
14. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) Historical background.
(b) His opinion.
(c) A detailed description of the setting.
(d) An outline for the plot.
15. What did Wolsey die of?
(b) The plague.
(c) A heart attack.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
2. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
3. Where was More when he could not be found?
4. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
5. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)