|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
2. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
(a) His wife.
(b) The Pope.
(c) His steward.
3. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
(a) Believe in himself.
(b) Respect himself.
(c) Support himself.
(d) Listen to himself.
4. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
(a) The London Bridge.
(b) Hampton Court.
(c) Canterbury Court.
(d) The Tower of London.
5. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(a) He wanted a reason to get Rich in trouble.
(b) He knows he can combat this.
(c) He would have said the same thing.
(d) He knows he is honest.
6. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
(b) Martin Luther.
(c) King Henry.
(d) Thomas More.
7. What is the name of More's Steward?
8. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
(a) Throw him.
(b) Train him.
(c) Seduce him.
(d) Subdue him.
9. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A fool.
(b) A red herring.
(c) A ninny.
(d) A stalwart.
10. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married a pregnant woman.
(b) He married his brother's wife.
(c) He married a woman older than he is.
(d) He married a woman from another country.
11. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
(a) A servant of the Lord.
(b) A good son of the Church.
(c) A religious ruler.
(d) A paranoid sycophant.
12. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
(c) A broken heart.
13. What did Wolsey die of?
(b) The plague.
(d) A heart attack.
14. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
15. Where was More when he could not be found?
(c) The graveyard.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
2. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
3. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
4. What is Chapuys's occupation?
5. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)