|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
(a) She was rigidly religious.
(b) She did not produce an heir.
(c) All of these.
(d) He fell in love with someone else.
2. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To heal his soul.
(b) To bribe another man.
(c) To buy some clothes.
(d) To show as a witness.
3. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
4. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
(a) The new one is young.
(b) The new one is more scholarly.
(c) The new one has strength.
(d) The new one is more devout.
5. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
6. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Withstanding trials.
(b) Finding truth.
(c) Getting his way.
(d) Being in power.
7. What is a publican?
(a) An innkeeper.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A religous fanatic.
(d) A politician.
8. What is the title of More's wife?
9. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
10. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
(a) Support himself.
(b) Respect himself.
(c) Listen to himself.
(d) Believe in himself.
11. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was Spanish.
(b) She was sickly.
(c) She was a girl.
(d) She was not living in England.
12. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
(a) Embraces him.
(b) Runs out.
(c) Get flushed and embarrassed.
13. What kind of man does Cromwell say would stay out of the way of the divorce?
(a) Men with conviction.
(b) Men with motivation.
(c) Men with common sense.
(d) Men governed by fear.
14. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) A weakness.
(b) A price.
(c) A moral.
(d) An unmet need.
15. What is the name of More's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
2. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
3. More says his daughter's suitor is just like__________.
4. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
5. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 399 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)