|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
(a) Get flushed and embarrassed.
(c) Embraces him.
(d) Runs out.
2. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
(b) Common sense.
(c) Moral integrity.
3. What is Cromwell's first name?
4. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
5. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
(a) Make some money.
(b) Stop changing his mind.
(c) Prove his changed manners.
(d) Join the church.
6. What is More dressed in as his surprise visitor arrives?
(a) A Cardinal's robe.
(b) A cassock.
(c) A dressing gown.
(d) A Catholic trent.
7. What is the name of More's daughter?
8. What is the surprise visitor better at than Margaret?
9. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
(a) The Pope.
10. What kind of man does Cromwell say would stay out of the way of the divorce?
(a) Men with conviction.
(b) Men governed by fear.
(c) Men with common sense.
(d) Men with motivation.
11. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(a) The Pope.
(b) The Grand Cardinal.
12. Who does the surprise visitor apologize to for his intrusion?
(c) The Steward.
(d) The Common Man.
13. What did Wolsey die of?
(b) A heart attack.
(d) The plague.
14. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
15. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
2. What is the title of More's wife?
3. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
4. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
5. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)