|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the surprise visitor apologize to for his intrusion?
(a) The Common Man.
(c) The Steward.
2. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
3. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
(a) The Pope is corrupt.
(b) It does not openly preach to all.
(c) The King wants a divorce.
(d) It changes its doctrines.
4. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
(c) Wolsey's bodyguard.
(d) Wolsey's assistant.
5. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A hawk.
(b) A snake.
(c) A rabbit.
(d) A herring.
6. How does More describe his meeting with Wolsey when talking to Chapuys?
7. Where is the Common Man putting the things he is gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A fire.
(c) A basket.
(d) A box.
8. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
(a) A letter.
(b) A dispatch.
(c) A pamphlet.
(d) A book.
9. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
(c) Used dishes.
(d) Letter drafts.
10. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) Some water.
(b) A book.
(c) Some wine.
(d) A pillow.
11. Who is coming when More goes missing?
(a) The King.
(c) Richard Rich.
(d) The Pope.
12. What is the name of More's Steward?
13. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
(a) If there is a good place to hide there.
(b) If his prices are following the standard.
(c) If his place is good for plotting a conspiracy.
(d) If he can be trusted.
14. More says his daughter's suitor is just like__________.
(a) His father.
(b) The King.
(c) His brother.
(d) A rebel.
15. Who gives More his chains of office before his visitor arrives?
Short Answer Questions
1. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
2. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
3. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
4. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
5. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)