|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(a) He wanted a reason to get Rich in trouble.
(b) He knows he can combat this.
(c) He would have said the same thing.
(d) He knows he is honest.
2. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To buy some clothes.
(b) To show as a witness.
(c) To heal his soul.
(d) To bribe another man.
3. Where was More when he could not be found?
(d) The graveyard.
4. What is the name of More's wife?
5. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
6. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was a girl.
(b) She was not living in England.
(c) She was sickly.
(d) She was Spanish.
7. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
(b) Moral integrity.
(d) Common sense.
8. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) A gilded cup.
(c) A great collection of books.
(d) Some fine wine.
9. What does Cromwell tell Rich his main job is for the King?
(a) To bend others to his will.
(b) To make him feel important.
(c) To make his divorce convenient.
(d) To distract him from his worries.
10. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
(b) His wife.
(c) His steward.
(d) The Pope.
11. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A herring.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A snake.
12. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
13. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
(a) Wolsey's bodyguard.
(c) Wolsey's assistant.
14. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
(a) The King.
15. What is a publican?
(a) A farmer.
(b) A politician.
(c) A religous fanatic.
(d) An innkeeper.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does More describe his meeting with Wolsey when talking to Chapuys?
2. What does the Common Man complain about in his second role?
3. What is the surprise visitor better at than Margaret?
4. What is Cromwell's first name?
5. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
This section contains 390 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)