|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Wolsey going when he died?
(a) The Cathedral.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) The Bar.
(d) The Castle.
2. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) Used dishes.
(d) Letter drafts.
3. What does Rich say is the one thing that would convince him to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(b) Death threats.
(d) A new position.
4. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
5. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
(a) If his place is good for plotting a conspiracy.
(b) If his prices are following the standard.
(c) If he can be trusted.
(d) If there is a good place to hide there.
6. More says his daughter's suitor is just like__________.
(a) His father.
(b) A rebel.
(c) The King.
(d) His brother.
7. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
(a) To settle her dowry.
(b) To keep peace with Spain.
(c) To honor his brother.
(d) To show compassion.
8. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
(d) A broken heart.
9. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
(b) The King of Spain.
(d) The Pope.
10. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
11. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
(a) Wolsey's bodyguard.
(b) Wolsey's assistant.
12. Where is the Common Man putting the things he is gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) A basket.
(b) A fire.
(c) A box.
(d) An envelope.
13. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
(a) The King wants a divorce.
(b) It does not openly preach to all.
(c) It changes its doctrines.
(d) The Pope is corrupt.
14. What does Rich do for the Duke?
(a) He is a librarian.
(b) He is an announcer.
(c) He is a servant.
(d) He is a scribe.
15. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
(b) Moral integrity.
(c) Common sense.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
2. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
3. What is Cromwell's first name?
4. What is Chapuys's occupation?
5. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
This section contains 396 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)