|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
2. What is Cromwell's first name?
3. What job does Cromwell say Rich would be good at?
(a) Assistant to the Secretary.
(b) Collector of Revenues.
(c) Scribe to the Council.
4. Where was Wolsey going when he died?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) The Castle.
(c) The Cathedral.
(d) The Bar.
5. What is the name of More's daughter?
6. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(c) Common sense.
(d) Moral integrity.
7. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A snake.
(b) A herring.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A rabbit.
8. What does Rich say is the one thing that would convince him to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(b) Death threats.
(c) A new position.
9. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
(a) Subdue him.
(b) Throw him.
(c) Seduce him.
(d) Train him.
10. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
(a) She is a scholar.
(b) She looks older than her years.
(c) She is lovely.
(d) She looks pious.
11. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
(a) The new one has strength.
(b) The new one is more scholarly.
(c) The new one is more devout.
(d) The new one is young.
12. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is fertile.
(c) She is young.
(d) She is strong.
13. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
(a) He is out past curfew.
(b) Rates are fixed.
(c) The past is past.
(d) His boat is leaking.
14. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
(a) The London Bridge.
(b) Canterbury Court.
(c) Hampton Court.
(d) The Tower of London.
15. Who is coming when More goes missing?
(b) Richard Rich.
(c) The King.
(d) The Pope.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
2. What does Rich do for the Duke?
3. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
4. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
5. What does More call Anne Boleyn when talking to Wolsey?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)