|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of More's daughter?
2. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A stalwart.
(b) A fool.
(c) A ninny.
(d) A red herring.
3. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
(a) Rates are fixed.
(b) He is out past curfew.
(c) The past is past.
(d) His boat is leaking.
4. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
(a) Moral integrity.
(d) Common sense.
5. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
6. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
(b) A broken heart.
7. What does Rich do for the Duke?
(a) He is a scribe.
(b) He is a librarian.
(c) He is an announcer.
(d) He is a servant.
8. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(a) Common sense.
(b) Moral integrity.
9. What is More dressed in as his surprise visitor arrives?
(a) A Cardinal's robe.
(b) A cassock.
(c) A dressing gown.
(d) A Catholic trent.
10. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
(a) Runs out.
(b) Get flushed and embarrassed.
(d) Embraces him.
11. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
(a) Having dinner.
(b) Looking for him.
(c) Replaying a memory.
(d) Going home.
12. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
(a) Spy of the King.
(b) Runner up for Chancellor.
(c) Parliamentary Courier.
(d) Secretary to the council.
13. What does More call Anne Boleyn when talking to Wolsey?
(a) The Beast.
(b) The Whore of all Whores.
(c) That Thing.
(d) The Abomination.
14. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
(a) Willful disobedience.
(c) High Treason.
15. Who is coming when More goes missing?
(b) The Pope.
(c) Richard Rich.
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the title of More's wife?
2. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
3. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
4. What job does Cromwell say Rich would be good at?
5. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)