|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the surprise visitor apologize to for his intrusion?
(b) The Steward.
(d) The Common Man.
2. Rich tells Cromwell that it will be hard to ___________More.
3. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
(a) If his prices are following the standard.
(b) If he can be trusted.
(c) If his place is good for plotting a conspiracy.
(d) If there is a good place to hide there.
4. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) An unmet need.
(b) A weakness.
(c) A price.
(d) A moral.
5. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Finding truth.
(b) Getting his way.
(c) Withstanding trials.
(d) Being in power.
6. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
7. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
8. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
(a) Willful disobedience.
(b) High Treason.
9. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
(a) All of these.
(b) He fell in love with someone else.
(c) She was rigidly religious.
(d) She did not produce an heir.
10. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(a) He wanted a reason to get Rich in trouble.
(b) He knows he can combat this.
(c) He knows he is honest.
(d) He would have said the same thing.
11. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
(a) Runner up for Chancellor.
(b) Parliamentary Courier.
(c) Secretary to the council.
(d) Spy of the King.
12. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
(a) He is in a bad mood.
(b) He is working off of fear.
(c) He is a good man at heart.
(d) He is a traitor.
13. Who gives More his chains of office before his visitor arrives?
14. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(c) Moral integrity.
(d) Common sense.
15. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To show as a witness.
(b) To heal his soul.
(c) To buy some clothes.
(d) To bribe another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
2. What is the title of More's wife?
3. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
4. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
5. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
This section contains 443 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)