|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is coming when More goes missing?
(a) Richard Rich.
(b) The Pope.
(d) The King.
2. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(a) Common sense.
(b) Moral integrity.
3. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) An unmet need.
(b) A weakness.
(c) A price.
(d) A moral.
4. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
(a) The think he is a traitor.
(b) They think he is a Saint.
(c) They think he is an angel.
(d) They think he is a heretic.
5. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
6. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Withstanding trials.
(b) Getting his way.
(c) Finding truth.
(d) Being in power.
7. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
8. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
(a) Hampton Court.
(b) Canterbury Court.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) The London Bridge.
9. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
(a) A pamphlet.
(b) A dispatch.
(c) A letter.
(d) A book.
10. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married a woman from another country.
(b) He married his brother's wife.
(c) He married a woman older than he is.
(d) He married a pregnant woman.
11. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(c) The Grand Cardinal.
(d) The Pope.
12. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
13. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
14. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
15. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
(a) The man is too young.
(b) The man is poor.
(c) The man has a bad reputation.
(d) The man is a heretic.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
2. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
3. Rich tells Cromwell that it will be hard to ___________More.
4. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
5. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)