|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
2. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
(a) She did not produce an heir.
(b) He fell in love with someone else.
(c) All of these.
(d) She was rigidly religious.
3. Where was Wolsey going when he died?
(a) The Tower of London.
(b) The Bar.
(c) The Cathedral.
(d) The Castle.
4. What does the Common Man read in Scene 5?
(a) A letter.
(b) A declaration.
(c) A cause of death.
(d) A book title.
5. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
(a) Hampton Court.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) The London Bridge.
(d) Canterbury Court.
6. What does Rich say is the one thing that would convince him to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(a) Death threats.
(b) A new position.
7. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
(d) A broken heart.
8. What does Rich do for the Duke?
(a) He is a servant.
(b) He is an announcer.
(c) He is a librarian.
(d) He is a scribe.
9. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) The Pope.
10. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
(a) The King wants a divorce.
(b) The Pope is corrupt.
(c) It does not openly preach to all.
(d) It changes its doctrines.
11. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
12. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
13. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married his brother's wife.
(b) He married a woman from another country.
(c) He married a woman older than he is.
(d) He married a pregnant woman.
14. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
(b) The Pope.
(c) His steward.
(d) His wife.
15. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
(a) She is young.
(b) She is beautiful.
(c) She is fertile.
(d) She is strong.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
2. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
3. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
4. Who is visibly upset about More being punished for not being found?
5. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)