|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) They are cousins.
2. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
3. What is the name of More's Steward?
4. What does Cromwell tell Rich his main job is for the King?
(a) To distract him from his worries.
(b) To make him feel important.
(c) To bend others to his will.
(d) To make his divorce convenient.
5. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
(a) He fell in love with someone else.
(b) All of these.
(c) She did not produce an heir.
(d) She was rigidly religious.
6. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
(a) Listen to himself.
(b) Believe in himself.
(c) Support himself.
(d) Respect himself.
7. What is the second role played by the Common Man?
(b) Shop keeper.
(c) Bar tender.
8. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
(a) Canterbury Court.
(b) Hampton Court.
(c) The London Bridge.
(d) The Tower of London.
9. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To heal his soul.
(b) To bribe another man.
(c) To show as a witness.
(d) To buy some clothes.
10. Who is visibly upset about More being punished for not being found?
11. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
12. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
(a) Out of friendship.
(b) To protect More.
(c) To get out of his bribe.
(d) In return for money.
13. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
14. What did Wolsey die of?
(b) A heart attack.
(d) The plague.
15. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Grand Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does the surprise visitor apologize to for his intrusion?
2. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
3. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
4. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
5. How does More describe his meeting with Wolsey when talking to Chapuys?
This section contains 410 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)