|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
2. What kind of man does Cromwell say would stay out of the way of the divorce?
(a) Men with common sense.
(b) Men with conviction.
(c) Men with motivation.
(d) Men governed by fear.
3. More says his daughter's suitor is just like__________.
(a) His father.
(b) His brother.
(c) A rebel.
(d) The King.
4. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
5. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
(a) They are cousins.
(b) He is her father.
(c) They are siblings.
(d) He is her uncle.
6. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
(a) The new one is more devout.
(b) The new one has strength.
(c) The new one is young.
(d) The new one is more scholarly.
7. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Being in power.
(b) Getting his way.
(c) Finding truth.
(d) Withstanding trials.
8. What does the Common Man say is the worst thing about the new Chancellor?
(a) He is indifferent to reality.
(b) He is too strict.
(c) He is not sympathetic with the King.
(d) He has too many family issues.
9. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
(a) Lack of title.
(d) Lack of money.
10. What is the title of More's wife?
11. What does Wolsey say is Anne Boleyn's greatest attribute?
(a) She is young.
(b) She is strong.
(c) She is beautiful.
(d) She is fertile.
12. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
13. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
14. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
(c) Letter drafts.
(d) Used dishes.
15. What does the Common Man read in Scene 5?
(a) A letter.
(b) A book title.
(c) A cause of death.
(d) A declaration.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
2. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
3. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
4. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
5. Where was Wolsey going when he died?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)