|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
(a) The King.
2. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
(a) A religious ruler.
(b) A paranoid sycophant.
(c) A servant of the Lord.
(d) A good son of the Church.
3. What is a publican?
(a) A religous fanatic.
(b) A farmer.
(c) A politician.
(d) An innkeeper.
4. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
5. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
(b) The Pope.
(c) The King of Spain.
6. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
(b) High Treason.
(d) Willful disobedience.
7. What time does More meet with Wolsey?
(a) 11:30 a.m.
(b) 11:30 p.m.
(c) 1:30 p.m.
(d) 1:30 a.m.
8. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
9. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A divorce for King Henry.
(b) A replacement for Catherine.
(c) A promotion for himself.
(d) A resignation for himself.
10. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
11. What does the Common Man complain about in his second role?
(a) The late hour.
(b) His low pay.
(c) The weather.
(d) His aching knee.
12. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
13. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
14. Rich tells Cromwell that it will be hard to ___________More.
15. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was a girl.
(b) She was not living in England.
(c) She was sickly.
(d) She was Spanish.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is visibly upset about More being punished for not being found?
2. What does Cromwell tell Rich his main job is for the King?
3. What job does Cromwell say Rich would be good at?
4. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
5. Who says the first line in the play?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)