|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
(a) A dispatch.
(b) A pamphlet.
(c) A book.
(d) A letter.
2. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
(b) He did not want Henry running the church.
(c) He wanted more money from Henry.
(d) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
3. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
(a) His innocence.
(b) His friendship.
(c) His faith.
(d) His fidelity.
4. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
(a) Willful disobedience.
(b) High Treason.
5. What does the Common Man say is the worst thing about the new Chancellor?
(a) He is too strict.
(b) He is not sympathetic with the King.
(c) He is indifferent to reality.
(d) He has too many family issues.
6. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
(b) Wolsey's bodyguard.
(c) Wolsey's assistant.
7. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
(c) A broken heart.
8. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
(a) She is a scholar.
(b) She is lovely.
(c) She looks older than her years.
(d) She looks pious.
9. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
(a) Looking for him.
(b) Having dinner.
(c) Replaying a memory.
(d) Going home.
10. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
(b) The King.
11. Where was More when he could not be found?
(d) The graveyard.
12. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
13. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
14. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
15. What is Chapuys's occupation?
(b) Spanish Ambassador.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
2. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
3. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
4. What is the name of More's wife?
5. Rich tells Cromwell that it will be hard to ___________More.
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)