|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(b) Moral integrity.
(d) Common sense.
2. What is Cromwell's first name?
3. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) Letter drafts.
(d) Used dishes.
4. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
(b) Wolsey's bodyguard.
(c) Wolsey's assistant.
5. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
(a) He is not disloyal.
(b) He is not religious.
(c) He is not faithful.
(d) He is not motivated.
6. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
(a) The new one is more devout.
(b) The new one is young.
(c) The new one has strength.
(d) The new one is more scholarly.
7. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
8. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
(a) His faith.
(b) His fidelity.
(c) His innocence.
(d) His friendship.
9. What does Chapuys call More after talking to him about Wolsey?
(a) A coward.
(b) A statesman.
(c) A good man.
(d) A traitor.
10. What does More call Anne Boleyn when talking to Wolsey?
(a) That Thing.
(b) The Beast.
(c) The Abomination.
(d) The Whore of all Whores.
11. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
(a) Respect himself.
(b) Believe in himself.
(c) Listen to himself.
(d) Support himself.
12. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
(a) Looking for him.
(b) Having dinner.
(c) Going home.
(d) Replaying a memory.
13. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
(a) The London Bridge.
(b) Hampton Court.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) Canterbury Court.
14. Rich tells Cromwell that it will be hard to ___________More.
15. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
2. Where was More when he could not be found?
3. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
4. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
5. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)