|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rich do for the Duke?
(a) He is a scribe.
(b) He is a servant.
(c) He is an announcer.
(d) He is a librarian.
2. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
3. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) He is her uncle.
(c) He is her father.
(d) They are cousins.
4. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Being in power.
(b) Getting his way.
(c) Finding truth.
(d) Withstanding trials.
5. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
(a) Stop changing his mind.
(b) Join the church.
(c) Make some money.
(d) Prove his changed manners.
6. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
(a) If his place is good for plotting a conspiracy.
(b) If his prices are following the standard.
(c) If he can be trusted.
(d) If there is a good place to hide there.
7. What does the Common Man read in Scene 5?
(a) A cause of death.
(b) A book title.
(c) A declaration.
(d) A letter.
8. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(a) He knows he is honest.
(b) He knows he can combat this.
(c) He would have said the same thing.
(d) He wanted a reason to get Rich in trouble.
9. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
(a) Canterbury Court.
(b) Hampton Court.
(c) The Tower of London.
(d) The London Bridge.
10. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
(a) The man has a bad reputation.
(b) The man is a heretic.
(c) The man is poor.
(d) The man is too young.
11. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
(a) Takes him into another room.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Pays him.
(d) Gives him a message.
12. Where is the Common Man putting the things he is gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) A basket.
(b) A box.
(c) A fire.
(d) An envelope.
13. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
14. Where was More when he could not be found?
(b) The graveyard.
15. What is More dressed in as his surprise visitor arrives?
(a) A dressing gown.
(b) A Catholic trent.
(c) A cassock.
(d) A Cardinal's robe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
2. What is the second role played by the Common Man?
3. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
4. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
5. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)