Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
(a) He is not disloyal.
(b) He is not motivated.
(c) He is not faithful.
(d) He is not religious.
2. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
(a) She looks older than her years.
(b) She is a scholar.
(c) She looks pious.
(d) She is lovely.
3. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
(a) They are siblings.
(b) He is her father.
(c) He is her uncle.
(d) They are cousins.
4. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(b) The Pope.
(d) The Grand Cardinal.
5. Who did Henry say led him into a corner of sin?
(b) The Pope.
6. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) A gilded cup.
(c) Some fine wine.
(d) A great collection of books.
7. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
(a) He refuses his approval.
(b) He begins to weep.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He hugs her tightly.
8. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
(a) To hunt wild boars.
(b) To please the Pope.
(c) To steer a ship.
(d) To marry Anne.
9. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
10. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(b) He did not want Henry running the church.
(c) He wanted more money from Henry.
(d) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
11. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
(a) The King.
12. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) Some water.
(b) A book.
(c) Some wine.
(d) A pillow.
13. What does Cromwell tell Rich his main job is for the King?
(a) To distract him from his worries.
(b) To make his divorce convenient.
(c) To bend others to his will.
(d) To make him feel important.
14. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was not living in England.
(b) She was a girl.
(c) She was sickly.
(d) She was Spanish.
15. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
(a) To get out of his bribe.
(b) Out of friendship.
(c) In return for money.
(d) To protect More.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
2. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
3. What is Chapuys's occupation?
4. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
5. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
This section contains 458 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)