|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) His opinion.
(b) An outline for the plot.
(c) Historical background.
(d) A detailed description of the setting.
2. What did Wolsey die of?
(b) The plague.
(c) A heart attack.
3. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
4. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
(a) Looking for him.
(b) Going home.
(c) Replaying a memory.
(d) Having dinner.
5. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
(a) Out of friendship.
(b) To get out of his bribe.
(c) In return for money.
(d) To protect More.
6. Where was Wolsey going when he died?
(a) The Bar.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) The Castle.
(d) The Cathedral.
7. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
8. How does More describe his meeting with Wolsey when talking to Chapuys?
9. Who got Rich his position with the Duke?
10. What time does More meet with Wolsey?
(a) 1:30 a.m.
(b) 1:30 p.m.
(c) 11:30 a.m.
(d) 11:30 p.m.
11. Where is the Common Man putting the things he is gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) An envelope.
(b) A box.
(c) A basket.
(d) A fire.
12. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
(c) The King.
13. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) A pillow.
(b) Some wine.
(c) Some water.
(d) A book.
14. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
(a) Seduce him.
(b) Train him.
(c) Throw him.
(d) Subdue him.
15. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(c) The Pope.
(d) The Grand Cardinal.
Short Answer Questions
1. What job does Cromwell say Rich would be good at?
2. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
3. Where was More when he could not be found?
4. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
5. Which of the following are NOT looking for More in Scene 7?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)