|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
(b) The King.
2. Where was More when he could not be found?
(a) The graveyard.
3. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(a) He wanted a reason to get Rich in trouble.
(b) He knows he is honest.
(c) He knows he can combat this.
(d) He would have said the same thing.
4. What is the name of More's wife?
5. What does Rich do for the Duke?
(a) He is an announcer.
(b) He is a librarian.
(c) He is a servant.
(d) He is a scribe.
6. What is the second role played by the Common Man?
(a) Bar tender.
(b) Shop keeper.
7. What is the name of More's daughter?
8. What is Cromwell's first name?
9. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) Letter drafts.
(c) Used dishes.
10. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
(a) To hunt wild boars.
(b) To steer a ship.
(c) To please the Pope.
(d) To marry Anne.
11. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
(a) Stop changing his mind.
(b) Make some money.
(c) Join the church.
(d) Prove his changed manners.
12. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
(a) The Pope.
(d) The King of Spain.
13. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
(a) He walks.
(b) He has a carriage.
(c) He rides a horse.
(d) He takes the canal boat.
14. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) An unmet need.
(b) A weakness.
(c) A price.
(d) A moral.
15. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
2. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
3. What is a publican?
4. What is More dressed in as his surprise visitor arrives?
5. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
This section contains 394 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)