|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cromwell's first name?
2. What job does Cromwell say Rich would be good at?
(a) Scribe to the Council.
(b) Assistant to the Secretary.
(c) Collector of Revenues.
3. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
(a) His boat is leaking.
(b) The past is past.
(c) Rates are fixed.
(d) He is out past curfew.
4. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
(a) The Divorce Court.
(b) The Anglican Religion.
(c) The Church of the United Kingdom.
(d) The Church of England.
5. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
(a) To settle her dowry.
(b) To keep peace with Spain.
(c) To show compassion.
(d) To honor his brother.
6. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
(a) His friendship.
(b) His fidelity.
(c) His innocence.
(d) His faith.
7. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
8. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
9. What did Wolsey die of?
(b) The plague.
(c) A heart attack.
10. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To show as a witness.
(b) To heal his soul.
(c) To bribe another man.
(d) To buy some clothes.
11. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
(a) Pays him.
(b) Takes him into another room.
(c) Gives him a message.
(d) Shakes his hand.
12. How does More describe his meeting with Wolsey when talking to Chapuys?
13. Rich tells Cromwell that it will be hard to ___________More.
14. What is the name of More's wife?
15. What is the name of More's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
2. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
3. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
4. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
5. What does the surprise visitor say he could do to Norfolk?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)