|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of man does Cromwell say would stay out of the way of the divorce?
(a) Men with common sense.
(b) Men with conviction.
(c) Men with motivation.
(d) Men governed by fear.
2. What is the name of More's daughter?
3. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
(a) He is working off of fear.
(b) He is in a bad mood.
(c) He is a traitor.
(d) He is a good man at heart.
4. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
5. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
6. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
(a) The Anglican Religion.
(b) The Divorce Court.
(c) The Church of England.
(d) The Church of the United Kingdom.
7. What is the name of More's wife?
8. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To show as a witness.
(b) To heal his soul.
(c) To buy some clothes.
(d) To bribe another man.
9. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
(a) Lack of money.
(b) Lack of title.
10. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
(a) His steward.
(b) The Pope.
(c) His wife.
11. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
12. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
(a) She is a scholar.
(b) She looks pious.
(c) She looks older than her years.
(d) She is lovely.
13. What does the Common Man read in Scene 5?
(a) A cause of death.
(b) A declaration.
(c) A book title.
(d) A letter.
14. What is the name of More's Steward?
15. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
(a) He is her uncle.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) He is her father.
(d) They are siblings.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
2. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
3. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
4. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
5. What does Cromwell tell Rich his main job is for the King?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)