|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) A book.
(b) A pillow.
(c) Some water.
(d) Some wine.
2. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
(a) The Vicar of the Church.
(b) The Pope.
(c) The Bible.
(d) His prayers.
3. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) A Friend of the Church.
(b) A Perjured Conscience.
(c) The Defender of the Faith.
(d) A Stalwart Soul.
4. What is More dressed in as his surprise visitor arrives?
(a) A cassock.
(b) A Cardinal's robe.
(c) A dressing gown.
(d) A Catholic trent.
5. Who is visibly upset about More being punished for not being found?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
2. What does More say his refusal to sign the oath is a matter of when talking to Margaret?
3. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
4. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
This section contains 216 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)