|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
(a) A decoration.
(b) A declaration.
(c) A degradation.
(d) A declination.
2. What did the Pope call the person who wrote "In Defense of the Seven Sacraments"?
(a) The Defender of the Faith.
(b) A Friend of the Church.
(c) A Perjured Conscience.
(d) A Stalwart Soul.
3. What does Rich do for the Duke?
(a) He is an announcer.
(b) He is a scribe.
(c) He is a librarian.
(d) He is a servant.
4. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
(a) A costume.
(b) His money.
(c) His house.
(d) A meal.
5. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Finding truth.
(b) Being in power.
(c) Getting his way.
(d) Withstanding trials.
Short Answer Questions
1. Cromwell tells Norfolk that he thinks More needs __________to support the King.
2. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
3. Who records the conversation between Cromwell and More?
4. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
5. What does More tell Norfolk it would be easier for him to change than his mind?
This section contains 213 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)