|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To show as a witness.
(b) To heal his soul.
(c) To buy some clothes.
(d) To bribe another man.
2. Who severed England's last ties with the Catholic Church?
(a) The bishops.
(b) King Henry.
(c) Thomas More.
3. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
(a) They are deported.
(b) They are allowed their beliefs.
(c) They are put in prison.
(d) They are sent to outerlying cities.
4. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
(a) Hampton Court.
(b) The London Bridge.
(c) Canterbury Court.
(d) The Tower of London.
5. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
(a) His steward.
(b) The Pope.
(d) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. The new church called a compromise of ______________.
2. How much time has passed between Act 1 and Act 2?
3. For whom is the Common Man working in Scene 5?
4. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
5. What does More do when Norfolk talks to him after his exchange with Cromwell?
This section contains 192 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)