|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
(b) He did not want Henry running the church.
(c) He wanted more money from Henry.
(d) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
2. Where does More live as the Chancellor?
3. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
4. What does the Common Man say is the worst thing about the new Chancellor?
(a) He is not sympathetic with the King.
(b) He has too many family issues.
(c) He is too strict.
(d) He is indifferent to reality.
5. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
(a) If there is a good place to hide there.
(b) If he can be trusted.
(c) If his prices are following the standard.
(d) If his place is good for plotting a conspiracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
2. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
3. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
4. What is the second role played by the Common Man?
5. What happens to a few of the people who stand against the new church?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)