|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A divorce for King Henry.
(b) A promotion for himself.
(c) A resignation for himself.
(d) A replacement for Catherine.
2. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Being in power.
(b) Getting his way.
(c) Finding truth.
(d) Withstanding trials.
3. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
(b) Embraces him.
(c) Runs out.
(d) Get flushed and embarrassed.
4. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
5. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To heal his soul.
(b) To buy some clothes.
(c) To bribe another man.
(d) To show as a witness.
Short Answer Questions
1. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
2. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
3. What does the Common Man read in Scene 5?
4. Who says the first line in the play?
5. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)