|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
(a) It changes its doctrines.
(b) The King wants a divorce.
(c) The Pope is corrupt.
(d) It does not openly preach to all.
2. Where was More when he could not be found?
(d) The graveyard.
3. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A replacement for Catherine.
(b) A resignation for himself.
(c) A promotion for himself.
(d) A divorce for King Henry.
4. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
5. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A fool.
(b) A red herring.
(c) A stalwart.
(d) A ninny.
Short Answer Questions
1. For whom is the Common Man working in Scene 5?
2. What does the surprise visitor say about Margaret?
3. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
4. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
5. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
This section contains 207 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)