|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
(c) The King of Spain.
(d) The Pope.
2. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
(a) Out of friendship.
(b) In return for money.
(c) To get out of his bribe.
(d) To protect More.
3. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
(a) If his prices are following the standard.
(b) If his place is good for plotting a conspiracy.
(c) If he can be trusted.
(d) If there is a good place to hide there.
4. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(b) He did not want Henry running the church.
(c) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
(d) He wanted more money from Henry.
5. What is the title of More's wife?
Short Answer Questions
1. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
2. What does Margaret have better skills in than the surprise visitor?
3. Where is the Common Man putting the things he is gathering up in Scene 5?
4. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
5. What is the surprise visitor better at than Margaret?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)