|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
(a) To show compassion.
(b) To honor his brother.
(c) To settle her dowry.
(d) To keep peace with Spain.
2. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
(a) The man is poor.
(b) The man is too young.
(c) The man has a bad reputation.
(d) The man is a heretic.
3. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A resignation for himself.
(b) A divorce for King Henry.
(c) A promotion for himself.
(d) A replacement for Catherine.
4. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
5. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To buy some clothes.
(b) To show as a witness.
(c) To heal his soul.
(d) To bribe another man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
2. Where was More when he could not be found?
3. What is Cromwell's first name?
4. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
5. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)