|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(a) The Grand Cardinal.
(d) The Pope.
2. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He begins to weep.
(c) He hugs her tightly.
(d) He refuses his approval.
3. What does the surprise visitor show Margaret to prove his skill?
(a) His memorized speech.
(b) His scar.
(c) His leg.
(d) His arm.
4. Rich tells Cromwell that it will be hard to ___________More.
5. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A bag of coins.
(b) Some fine wine.
(c) A gilded cup.
(d) A great collection of books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Cromwell's first name?
2. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
3. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
4. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
5. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
This section contains 186 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)