|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Rich say is the one thing that would convince him to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(b) A new position.
(c) Death threats.
2. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
(a) A pillow.
(b) Some water.
(c) Some wine.
(d) A book.
3. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
(a) The King wants a divorce.
(b) The Pope is corrupt.
(c) It does not openly preach to all.
(d) It changes its doctrines.
4. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
(a) To hunt wild boars.
(b) To marry Anne.
(c) To steer a ship.
(d) To please the Pope.
5. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
(a) The man is poor.
(b) The man is too young.
(c) The man has a bad reputation.
(d) The man is a heretic.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
2. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
3. What is Chapuys's occupation?
4. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
5. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)