|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
2. What is the second role played by the Common Man?
(c) Bar tender.
(d) Shop keeper.
3. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
4. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
(a) The man is too young.
(b) The man has a bad reputation.
(c) The man is a heretic.
(d) The man is poor.
5. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Thomas More.
(d) Martin Luther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
2. What is a publican?
3. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
4. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
5. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
This section contains 190 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)