|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
(a) He is out past curfew.
(b) His boat is leaking.
(c) Rates are fixed.
(d) The past is past.
2. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
(a) He begins to weep.
(b) He refuses his approval.
(c) He laughs.
(d) He hugs her tightly.
3. What does the Common Man say is the worst thing about the new Chancellor?
(a) He is not sympathetic with the King.
(b) He is indifferent to reality.
(c) He has too many family issues.
(d) He is too strict.
4. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was Spanish.
(b) She was a girl.
(c) She was not living in England.
(d) She was sickly.
5. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) A weakness.
(b) A moral.
(c) An unmet need.
(d) A price.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chapuys call More after talking to him about Wolsey?
2. Who is coming when More goes missing?
3. What does the Common Man read in Scene 5?
4. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
5. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)