|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bolt provide in the preface?
(a) A detailed description of the setting.
(b) His opinion.
(c) An outline for the plot.
(d) Historical background.
2. What does Rich say is the one thing that would convince him to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(b) A new position.
(c) Death threats.
3. What is the name of More's wife?
4. What does the Common Man complain about in his second role?
(a) His aching knee.
(b) The weather.
(c) His low pay.
(d) The late hour.
5. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
(d) The King.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
2. What does Rich tell Cromwell he is almost certain of about his character?
3. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
4. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
5. What does the surprise visitor show Margaret to prove his skill?
This section contains 221 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)