|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Henry want to divorce Catherine?
(a) She was rigidly religious.
(b) He fell in love with someone else.
(c) She did not produce an heir.
(d) All of these.
2. Where is the Common Man putting the things he is gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) A basket.
(b) A box.
(c) An envelope.
(d) A fire.
3. Who does the surprise visitor apologize to for his intrusion?
(c) The Steward.
(d) The Common Man.
4. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Getting his way.
(b) Being in power.
(c) Withstanding trials.
(d) Finding truth.
5. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
(a) His friendship.
(b) His faith.
(c) His fidelity.
(d) His innocence.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
2. What is Chapuys's occupation?
3. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
4. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
5. What is the name of More's wife?
This section contains 197 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)