|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
(b) The King.
2. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(a) Moral integrity.
(b) Common sense.
3. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was sickly.
(b) She was a girl.
(c) She was not living in England.
(d) She was Spanish.
4. What does Rich do for the Duke?
(a) He is an announcer.
(b) He is a librarian.
(c) He is a scribe.
(d) He is a servant.
5. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
(a) King Henry.
(b) Thomas More.
(c) Martin Luther.
Short Answer Questions
1. What occupation does More think Richard should hold?
2. What kind of man does Cromwell say would stay out of the way of the divorce?
3. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
4. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
5. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)