|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(a) He would have said the same thing.
(b) He knows he is honest.
(c) He wanted a reason to get Rich in trouble.
(d) He knows he can combat this.
2. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
(b) Moral integrity.
(c) Common sense.
3. What is the new position Cromwell wants Rich to keep secret?
(a) Secretary to the council.
(b) Runner up for Chancellor.
(c) Parliamentary Courier.
(d) Spy of the King.
4. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
(a) He is a good man at heart.
(b) He is a traitor.
(c) He is working off of fear.
(d) He is in a bad mood.
5. Where is the Common Man putting the things he is gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) A basket.
(b) An envelope.
(c) A fire.
(d) A box.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
2. What is the title of More's wife?
3. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
4. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
5. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)