|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A gilded cup.
(b) A bag of coins.
(c) A great collection of books.
(d) Some fine wine.
2. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
(a) Out of friendship.
(b) To get out of his bribe.
(c) To protect More.
(d) In return for money.
3. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
4. More says his daughter's suitor is just like__________.
(a) His father.
(b) The King.
(c) A rebel.
(d) His brother.
5. What is the surprise visitor better at than Margaret?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
2. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
3. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
4. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
5. What does More call Anne Boleyn when talking to Wolsey?
This section contains 233 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)