|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(b) He did not want Henry running the church.
(c) He wanted more money from Henry.
(d) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
2. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
(b) Wolsey's bodyguard.
(c) Wolsey's assistant.
3. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
4. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
(a) The King of Spain.
(c) The Pope.
5. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
(a) Listen to himself.
(b) Respect himself.
(c) Believe in himself.
(d) Support himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does More describe his meeting with Wolsey when talking to Chapuys?
2. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
3. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
4. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
5. For whom is the Common Man working in Scene 5?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)