|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
(a) They think he is an angel.
(b) They think he is a Saint.
(c) They think he is a heretic.
(d) The think he is a traitor.
2. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married a woman from another country.
(b) He married a woman older than he is.
(c) He married his brother's wife.
(d) He married a pregnant woman.
3. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A rabbit.
(b) A hawk.
(c) A snake.
(d) A herring.
4. Where does More live as the Chancellor?
5. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) Some fine wine.
(b) A gilded cup.
(c) A great collection of books.
(d) A bag of coins.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
2. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
3. What church office did Henry want the power to appoint?
4. Where does the Scene 6 take place?
5. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)