|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was sickly.
(b) She was not living in England.
(c) She was Spanish.
(d) She was a girl.
2. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
(b) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
(c) He wanted more money from Henry.
(d) He did not want Henry running the church.
3. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
(a) Common sense.
(b) Moral integrity.
4. What is the name of More's Steward?
5. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
(a) A servant of the Lord.
(b) A religious ruler.
(c) A good son of the Church.
(d) A paranoid sycophant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
2. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
3. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
4. What does Rich do for the Duke?
5. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
This section contains 220 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)