|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was created after Cranmer was appointed?
(a) The Church of the United Kingdom.
(b) The Church of England.
(c) The Divorce Court.
(d) The Anglican Religion.
2. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
(a) The past is past.
(b) Rates are fixed.
(c) He is out past curfew.
(d) His boat is leaking.
3. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
(a) His wife.
(c) The Pope.
(d) His steward.
4. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
(a) She was not living in England.
(b) She was Spanish.
(c) She was sickly.
(d) She was a girl.
5. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
(a) Support himself.
(b) Respect himself.
(c) Believe in himself.
(d) Listen to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says the first line in the play?
2. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
3. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
4. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
5. What does Wolsey say More needs less of to be a great statesman?
This section contains 210 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)