|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the Pope refuse Henry's request to divorce Catherine?
(a) He did not want Henry running the church.
(b) He wanted more money from Henry.
(c) He wanted Catherine to request the divorce.
(d) He wanted the marriage to remain in tact.
2. What does More tell Richard it is most important for a man to do for himself?
(a) Believe in himself.
(b) Respect himself.
(c) Support himself.
(d) Listen to himself.
3. What was the name of the only survivng child of Catherine?
4. What did Wolsey die of?
(a) The plague.
(b) A heart attack.
5. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A red herring.
(b) A stalwart.
(c) A ninny.
(d) A fool.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
2. What was the name of Henry's older brother?
3. What does Rich do when More enters Scene 6?
4. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
5. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
This section contains 215 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)