|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
(a) A paranoid sycophant.
(b) A good son of the Church.
(c) A servant of the Lord.
(d) A religious ruler.
2. Who says the first line in the play?
(b) The Common Man.
(d) The Jailer.
3. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
(a) The think he is a traitor.
(b) They think he is an angel.
(c) They think he is a Saint.
(d) They think he is a heretic.
4. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A promotion for himself.
(b) A divorce for King Henry.
(c) A resignation for himself.
(d) A replacement for Catherine.
5. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
(a) Wolsey's bodyguard.
(b) Wolsey's assistant.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Cromwell remind the Common Man of when he is in his second role?
2. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
3. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
4. What does Chapuys call More after talking to him about Wolsey?
5. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)