|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
(a) To his home.
(b) To find More.
(c) To see Wolsey.
(d) To the inn.
2. Why did Henry marry Catherine?
(a) To settle her dowry.
(b) To keep peace with Spain.
(c) To show compassion.
(d) To honor his brother.
3. What is the title of More's wife?
4. How does Cromwell define his new position after Wolsey's death?
5. According to Bolt, to what what Henry VIII accustomed?
(a) Getting his way.
(b) Withstanding trials.
(c) Finding truth.
(d) Being in power.
Short Answer Questions
1. What stood in the way of Henry VIII being able to marry Anne?
2. Who hired Cromwell after Wolsey's death?
3. Why was the surviving child of Catherine seen as unfit to rule?
4. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
5. How does More describe his meeting with Wolsey when talking to Chapuys?
This section contains 173 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)