|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who severed England's last ties with the Catholic Church?
(b) King Henry.
(c) Thomas More.
(d) The bishops.
2. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
(a) He refuses his approval.
(b) He hugs her tightly.
(c) He begins to weep.
(d) He laughs.
3. What does Chapuys think will send a message of resistance?
(a) Some public executions.
(b) Catherine's public announcement.
(c) More's resignation.
(d) More public riots.
4. To whom does More talk about the divorce of the King?
(a) His steward.
(b) The Pope.
(d) His wife.
5. Why was the new church created?
(a) To be of convenience to the Parliament.
(b) To make a powerful statement.
(c) All of these.
(d) To allow Henry his divorce.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does More agree that Anne's children are the heirs to the throne?
2. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
3. Where is Wolsey sending what he has More to read when they meet?
4. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
5. What does Rich apologize to Cromwell about after Norfolk is told of the bribe?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)