|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
(a) They think he is a Saint.
(b) They think he is an angel.
(c) The think he is a traitor.
(d) They think he is a heretic.
2. Why does Rich say he will keep the secret of Cromwell's new position?
(a) Out of friendship.
(b) To protect More.
(c) In return for money.
(d) To get out of his bribe.
3. What does Cromwell do when the steward brings information about More?
(a) Takes him into another room.
(b) Shakes his hand.
(c) Pays him.
(d) Gives him a message.
4. How does Cromwell die?
(a) He drowns in the river.
(b) He dies of consumption.
(c) He is stabbed in the back.
(d) He is executed for treason.
5. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The affects on his friends.
(b) The reputation of the church.
(c) The health of his family.
(d) The status of the nation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
2. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
3. What does More say is his only link to Christ?
4. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
5. What does More call Anne Boleyn when talking to Wolsey?
This section contains 249 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)