|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A herring.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A hawk.
(d) A snake.
2. What is Chapuys's occupation?
(a) Spanish Ambassador.
3. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
(a) Stop changing his mind.
(b) Make some money.
(c) Join the church.
(d) Prove his changed manners.
4. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
5. What does the Common Man say is the worst thing about the new Chancellor?
(a) He is not sympathetic with the King.
(b) He is indifferent to reality.
(c) He is too strict.
(d) He has too many family issues.
Short Answer Questions
1. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
2. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
3. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
4. What is the Common Man looking for at the beginning of the play?
5. What does the Common Man complain about in his second role?
This section contains 228 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)