|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
(a) A herring.
(b) A rabbit.
(c) A snake.
(d) A hawk.
2. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
(a) A broken heart.
3. What does the Common Man say is the worst thing about the new Chancellor?
(a) He is not sympathetic with the King.
(b) He is too strict.
(c) He is indifferent to reality.
(d) He has too many family issues.
4. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
(a) Going home.
(b) Looking for him.
(c) Having dinner.
(d) Replaying a memory.
5. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He refuses his approval.
(c) He hugs her tightly.
(d) He begins to weep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More's daughter's suitor call the Church?
2. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
3. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
4. What is the title of More's wife?
5. Who has More's daughter's suitor tried to pattern his life after?
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)