|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
(b) Letter drafts.
(d) Used dishes.
2. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
3. What does the Common Man complain about in his second role?
(a) His aching knee.
(b) The late hour.
(c) His low pay.
(d) The weather.
4. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
(a) The man is too young.
(b) The man is a heretic.
(c) The man is poor.
(d) The man has a bad reputation.
5. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A promotion for himself.
(b) A resignation for himself.
(c) A replacement for Catherine.
(d) A divorce for King Henry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
2. What is the last name of More's daughter's suitor?
3. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
4. Who replaced Wolsey after his death?
5. What did More's wife see a falcon attacking at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 209 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)