|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where was Wolsey going when he died?
(a) The Bar.
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) The Cathedral.
(d) The Castle.
2. What has More been given as a bribe at the beginning of the play?
(a) A great collection of books.
(b) A gilded cup.
(c) A bag of coins.
(d) Some fine wine.
3. What was Wolsey charged with just before his death?
(a) Willful disobedience.
(b) High Treason.
4. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) A moral.
(b) A weakness.
(c) An unmet need.
(d) A price.
5. What does Wolsey call the English Ambassador when talking to More?
(a) A red herring.
(b) A ninny.
(c) A fool.
(d) A stalwart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
2. What does the Common Man say is the main difference between Wolsey and the new Chancellor?
3. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
4. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
5. What did Wolsey die of?
This section contains 255 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)