|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
(a) It does not openly preach to all.
(b) The King wants a divorce.
(c) It changes its doctrines.
(d) The Pope is corrupt.
2. What does the Common Man tell More he was doing when More came along in his second role?
(a) Looking for him.
(b) Having dinner.
(c) Going home.
(d) Replaying a memory.
3. What is Wolsey requesting in the item he has More read when they meet together?
(a) A replacement for Catherine.
(b) A resignation for himself.
(c) A promotion for himself.
(d) A divorce for King Henry.
4. What is the Common Man gathering up in Scene 5?
(c) Letter drafts.
(d) Used dishes.
5. Why does Richard say he wants the bribe that was given to More?
(a) To show as a witness.
(b) To buy some clothes.
(c) To bribe another man.
(d) To heal his soul.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
2. What is the name of More's wife?
3. What does More say his daughter's suitor must do before he marries his daughter?
4. What does More tell Cromwell about Wolsey?
5. What author has Richard been reading at the beginning of the book?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)