|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do most people view the new Chancellor?
(a) They think he is a heretic.
(b) They think he is a Saint.
(c) The think he is a traitor.
(d) They think he is an angel.
2. Where is Cromwell going when he first appears on stage?
(a) To his home.
(b) To find More.
(c) To the inn.
(d) To see Wolsey.
3. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
(a) He married a woman from another country.
(b) He married his brother's wife.
(c) He married a woman older than he is.
(d) He married a pregnant woman.
4. Where is the Common Man putting the things he is gathering up in Scene 5?
(a) A fire.
(b) A box.
(c) A basket.
(d) An envelope.
5. What does Richard tell More that every man has at the beginning of the book?
(a) A price.
(b) A weakness.
(c) An unmet need.
(d) A moral.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the first thing More asks of his steward in the play?
2. What does the Common Man think Wolsey really died of?
3. How are Catherine and the King of Spain related?
4. What is the name of More's wife?
5. Who will be most insulted if Henry gets his divorce?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)