|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does More's daughter's suitor say is the worst thing about More's church?
(a) The King wants a divorce.
(b) The Pope is corrupt.
(c) It changes its doctrines.
(d) It does not openly preach to all.
2. Rich tells Cromwell that it will be hard to ___________More.
3. What does Chapuys call More when talking to Cromwell?
(a) A religious ruler.
(b) A servant of the Lord.
(c) A paranoid sycophant.
(d) A good son of the Church.
4. Who gave the special permission for King Henry's first marriage?
(b) The Grand Cardinal.
(c) The Pope.
5. What does Cromwell ask of the publican?
(a) If he can be trusted.
(b) If there is a good place to hide there.
(c) If his prices are following the standard.
(d) If his place is good for plotting a conspiracy.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does More not allow Roper to talk about his opinion of the Church of England?
2. What does Roper call More's chain of office?
3. What time does More meet with Wolsey?
4. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
5. What does Wolsey want More to read when they meet?
This section contains 225 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)