|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Cromwell happy to hear about what would induce Rich to tell others of Cromwell's new position?
(a) He knows he is honest.
(b) He wanted a reason to get Rich in trouble.
(c) He knows he can combat this.
(d) He would have said the same thing.
2. What is Henry's innocent fantasy according to Cromwell?
(a) To marry Anne.
(b) To steer a ship.
(c) To hunt wild boars.
(d) To please the Pope.
3. What does Rich say he has lost while talking to Cromwell?
(a) His faith.
(b) His innocence.
(c) His friendship.
(d) His fidelity.
4. What is Wolsey's position in the church?
5. What does More say when More's daughter says she is engaged?
(a) He laughs.
(b) He refuses his approval.
(c) He begins to weep.
(d) He hugs her tightly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What special permission did King Henry get for his first marriage?
2. What was Cromwell's occupation before Wolsey's death?
3. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
4. What does Wolsey say More needs more of to be a great statesman?
5. What kind of man does Cromwell say would stay out of the way of the divorce?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)