|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is made the Supreme Head of the new church?
(a) King Henry.
(b) The Pope.
(c) Thomas More.
(d) Chancellor Cromwell.
2. What does Cromwell think is the price of haughty men?
(a) All of these.
(b) Fear of Pain.
(d) Loss of stature.
3. Why was the new church created?
(a) To allow Henry his divorce.
(b) To make a powerful statement.
(c) To be of convenience to the Parliament.
(d) All of these.
4. What does Norfolk say More does not think about with his actions?
(a) The affects on his friends.
(b) The health of his family.
(c) The status of the nation.
(d) The reputation of the church.
5. After talking to Norfolk by the river, More says that man's natural inclination is ____________________.
(a) To avoid harm.
(b) To seek enlightenment.
(c) To find companionship.
(d) To be true to himself.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does More react the way he does to the announcement of the proposal to his daughter?
2. What is the first name of More's daughter's suitor?
3. What is the name of More's daughter?
4. How does More's daughter's suitor get home after his talk with More?
5. What happens to people who stand against the new church?
This section contains 241 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)