• Bolt explains what led to Henry VIII's divorce from Catherine and marriage to Anne. He wanted a male heir.
• After the Pope denied the right of divorce, Henry changed the law to allow him to appoint Bishops.
• Cranmer was appointed, and he granted the divorce of Henry from Catherine and married Henry to Anne.
• The Church of England was created, and Spain and England were no longer allies.
• Bolt talks about Thomas More and his ability to stay staunch and faithful in his beliefs.
• More trusted the laws and the decency in society to protect him when he went against the King's wishes.
• Mores says that the Common Man is meant to illustrate certain traits that are common in all of us.
Act 1, Scene 1
• The Common Man comes on the scene and takes a role as a steward. More comes in and asks for wine.
• Richard Rich...
This section contains 2,319 words
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)