|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dupin determine that Edmund's sister must have gotten out of the room she shares with Edmund?
(a) Through the front door.
(b) Through a trap door in the floor.
(c) Through the window.
(d) Through the chimney.
2. How does Edmund escape his pursuer at the docks?
(a) By jumping into the harbor and swimming away.
(b) By shouting out.
(c) By crawling along the underside of a wharf.
(d) By pretending to have a weapon.
3. Poe's main character in one of his famous mystery books was the first to use a combination of ____.
(a) Wits, evidence, and the powers of reason.
(b) Passion and reason.
(c) Forensic evidence and laboratory results.
(d) Humor and seriousness.
4. As Dupin leaves the bank, what work by Poe does Peterson tell Dupin that he likes?
(a) The Raven.
(b) The Gold Bug.
(c) The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
(d) The Metamorphosis.
5. What is the food Edmund buys for himself and his sister wrapped in?
(c) Waxed paper.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is on the scrap of paper Edmund finds in Mrs. Whitman's house?
2. What happens to the ship Edmund's sister was on?
3. What does Dupin remind Edmund that Edmund first noticed about his aunt's body?
4. When he stops on his way to the cemetery, what does Dupin imagine that he sees?
5. The prologue introduces the reader to all of the following EXCEPT _____.
This section contains 298 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)