|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Edmund and Mrs. Whitman first meet, where does Mrs. Whitman tell Edmund to have Dupin meet her?
(a) At the cemetery behind her house.
(b) At the tavern.
(c) At the docks.
(d) At the courthouse.
2. What is Edmund's sister's real name?
(b) Not revealed.
3. The book's prologue is particularly engaging for its target audience of _____.
(a) Amateur detectives.
(d) Professional detectives.
4. What does Dupin learn is the cause of Edmund's aunt's death?
(a) A murder.
(b) An accident.
(d) A suicide.
5. When Edmund and Mrs. Whitman first meet, what does Mrs. Whitman ask Edmund about Dupin?
(a) If he is still in town.
(b) If he has given up drinking.
(c) If he wants to marry her.
(d) If he is trustworthy when drinking.
Short Answer Questions
1. As he leaves the bank, what does Dupin tell Peterson his name is?
2. How does Dupin determine that Edmund's sister must have gotten out of the room she shares with Edmund?
3. As Edmund is spying on Dupin near the cemetery, whom does he see emerge from the Hotel American House and enter Mrs. Whitman's house?
4. What does Dupin admit to Edmund about himself?
5. What does Edmund read in Dupin's notebook at the tavern?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)