|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Given what he learns at the portrait studio, what does Dupin come to believe?
(a) Either Edmund's aunt or his mother is still alive.
(b) Edmund's aunt is still alive.
(c) Both Edmund's aunt and his mother are dead.
(d) Edmund's mother is still alive.
2. When they return to Edmund's room after Edmund is attacked, what does Dupin tell Edmund to find?
(a) An encoded message.
(b) His notebook.
(c) The newspaper the food is wrapped in.
(d) His wallet.
3. Where is Edmund reunited with his mother?
(a) In a bank.
(b) In a cemetery.
(c) In a saloon.
(d) In a church.
4. With whom is Dupin's second encounter at the cemetery?
(b) Mrs. Whitman.
(c) Mrs. Powers.
5. What happens to the ship Edmund's sister was on?
(a) It overturns.
(b) It plows into Edmund's boat.
(c) It gets away.
(d) It hits a rock.
Short Answer Questions
1. With whom is Dupin's first encounter at the cemetery?
2. What is the title of one of Edgar Allan Poe's famous mystery books?
3. What does Edmund buy for himself and his sister?
4. How are the children feeling when the novel begins?
5. What does Edmund call his sister?
This section contains 219 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)