|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When he returns to the cemetery to find Dupin, who does Edmund see?
(a) A young, fair-haired man.
(b) An elderly man.
(c) A middle-aged man.
(d) A bald man.
2. On his way to the saloon to buy supplies for himself and Dupin, who follow Edward?
(b) A ghost.
3. Who is the man who hits Edmund with a gun?
(a) Mr. Arnold.
(b) Mr. Poe.
(c) Mr. Rachett.
4. At the end of the story, how has Edmund changed?
(a) He is more Irresponsible.
(b) He is more adult.
(c) He is more trusting.
(d) He is more child-like.
5. What does Dupin use to decipher the encoded message Edmund found at Mrs. Whitman's house?
(a) The Murders in the Rue Morgue.
(b) The Raven.
(c) The Gold Bug.
(d) The newspaper notices.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Auguste Dupin?
2. Who or what is Peggy?
3. What type of man does Edmund meet on his way home in the prologue?
4. What two things does this novel incorporate?
5. Why didn't Edmund want to leave his sister alone?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)