|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the bank, who is the author of the urgent message Mr. Poley hands Peterson?
(a) Mr. Arnold.
(c) Mr. Rachett.
2. Where does the story take place?
(a) Providence, Rhode Island.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) London, England.
(d) New York, New York.
3. In Dupin and Throck's first meeting, what does Throck tell Dupin he has been hired to do?
(a) Murder Edmund's sister.
(b) Find a relative of Edmund's.
(c) Solve the bank robbery.
(d) Murder Edmund.
4. How does Edmund convince Poe to help him find his sister?
(a) Complimenting him on his detective skills.
(b) Threatening to tear up his story.
(c) Withholding his liquor.
(d) Offering to help him write his story.
5. What does Dupin learn is the cause of Edmund's aunt's death?
(a) An accident.
(b) A murder.
(d) A suicide.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Whitman tells her guests that Dupin/Poe is?
2. At the clothier's shop, what does the large man do when he sees Edmund?
3. Who does Mrs. Powers want her daughter to marry?
4. The first time Edmund and Dupin go to the saloon together, what do they learn?
5. The prologue is engaging because it sets up a crime in which _____.
This section contains 268 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)