|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Edmund take the man he encounters on the street at the beginning of the story?
(a) Wickenden Street.
(b) Windemere Street.
(c) Ann Street.
(d) Shamrock Street.
2. What two things does this novel incorporate?
(a) Poe's literary methodology and Poe as a fictional character.
(b) Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot as characters.
(c) Magic and realism.
(d) Police work and amateur sleuthing.
3. What does Edmund buy for himself and his sister?
(c) Kidney pie.
4. When Edmund figures out where his sister is, who accompanies him to rescue her?
(c) Edmund's mother.
(d) No one.
5. Poe's main character in one of his famous mystery books was the first to use a combination of ____.
(a) Passion and reason.
(b) Wits, evidence, and the powers of reason.
(c) Forensic evidence and laboratory results.
(d) Humor and seriousness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Edmund bring with him to rescue his sister?
2. After Edmund's mother is recovered, what does Poe think about finding Edmund's sister?
3. What does Poe believe when he first sees Edmund with his mother?
4. What does Edmund do to save his sister?
5. What is Dupin surprised to learn that Captain Elias told Edmund?
This section contains 316 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)