|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 3, Chapters 19-22.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the story take place?
(a) London, England.
(b) Chicago, Illinois.
(c) New York, New York.
(d) Providence, Rhode Island.
2. At the beginning of the story, how long have the children been alone?
(a) Two days.
(b) Two hours.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
3. The first time Edmund and Dupin go to the saloon together, what do they learn?
(a) A woman was killed by the docks.
(b) The Providence Bank has been robbed.
(c) Sis was abducted from her room.
(d) A man named Smith rented the room across from Edmund's.
4. What does Poe do with his story before walking away?
(a) Dedicate it to Mrs. Whitman.
(b) Give it to Edmund as a gift.
(c) Add a prologue.
(d) Throw it onto the ground.
5. While Dupin is at Mrs. Whitman's home, what does Captain Elias tell Edmund at the docks?
(a) Elias witnessed Fortnoy committing murder.
(b) Elias suspects Fortnoy of foul play.
(c) Captain Elias found the body floating in the harbor.
(d) Fortnoy found the body floating in the harbor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dupin learn is the cause of Edmund's aunt's death?
2. How does Edmund convince Poe to help him find his sister?
3. What does Dupin remind Edmund that Edmund first noticed about his aunt's body?
4. What does Dupin find in the bank vault?
5. When introducing him to her guests, how does Mrs. Whitman refer to Dupin?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)