|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: Something About Edgar Allan Poe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was one of the women Poe courted after the death of his wife?
(a) Anne Richmond.
(b) Elizabeth Noble.
(c) Catherine Dargin.
(d) Mary Smith.
2. What does Edmund buy at the tavern for himself and his mother?
(b) Candles and matches.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) A meat pie.
3. How does Dupin determine that Edmund's sister must have gotten out of the room she shares with Edmund?
(a) Through the front door.
(b) Through the window.
(c) Through a trap door in the floor.
(d) Through the chimney.
4. At the beginning of the story, how long have the children been alone?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two hours.
(d) Two days.
5. Who is Poe's main character in one of his famous mystery books?
(a) Auguste Dupine.
(b) Auguste Dupin.
(c) August Dupin.
(d) August Dupine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where did the real life Mrs. Whitman live?
2. What does another of the notices say?
3. When he stops on his way to the cemetery, what does Dupin imagine that he sees?
4. What is the title of one of Edgar Allan Poe's famous mystery books?
5. When they return to Edmund's room after Edmund is attacked, what does Dupin tell Edmund to find?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)