|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Epilogue: Something About Edgar Allan Poe.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What street does Edmund live on?
(a) Shamrock Street.
(b) Windemere Street.
(c) Ann Street.
(d) Wickenden Street.
2. Given what he learns at the portrait studio, what does Dupin come to believe?
(a) Edmund's mother is still alive.
(b) Either Edmund's aunt or his mother is still alive.
(c) Both Edmund's aunt and his mother are dead.
(d) Edmund's aunt is still alive.
3. How much money does Edmund have at the beginning of the story?
(a) A nickel.
(b) A dime.
(c) A penny.
(d) A dollar.
4. What type of book does Edmund's sister read?
(a) Nursery rhymes.
(d) Fairy tales.
5. What two things does this novel incorporate?
(a) Poe's literary methodology and Poe as a fictional character.
(b) Police work and amateur sleuthing.
(c) Magic and realism.
(d) Sherlock Holmes and Hercule Poirot as characters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Poe's first published work of fiction?
2. What is lost from the ship besides the two men aboard?
3. What does Dupin NOT tell Edmund about Arnold's classified ad?
4. At the bank, who is the author of the urgent message Mr. Poley hands Peterson?
5. What does Mrs. Whitman tells her guests that Dupin/Poe is?
This section contains 245 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)