|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Dupin and Throck's first meeting, what does Throck tell Dupin he has been hired to do?
(a) Solve the bank robbery.
(b) Murder Edmund's sister.
(c) Murder Edmund.
(d) Find a relative of Edmund's.
2. How does Dupin determine that Edmund's sister must have gotten out of the room she shares with Edmund?
(a) Through the chimney.
(b) Through a trap door in the floor.
(c) Through the front door.
(d) Through the window.
3. When Dupin goes to the courthouse, what do Thock and Fortnoy testify about?
(a) Witnessing the bank robbery.
(b) Finding Aunt Pru's body.
(c) Killing Edmund's mother.
(d) Abducting Edmund's sister.
4. What promise does Sis make to Edmund before he leaves her alone in the room?
(a) She won't go out while he's gone.
(b) If their aunt returns, Sis will take responsibility for his leaving.
(c) She'll let him have most of the food he buys.
(d) She'll call a neighbor if she needs help.
5. How does Dupin learn that Aunty Pru was told of Edmund's mother's location?
(a) An ad in a newspaper.
(b) A banker.
(c) A sailor.
(d) A letter from Edmund's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the piece of paper that is slipped under the door of Edmund's room tell Dupin?
2. Why are the children alone at the beginning of the story?
3. Which fictional detective did Poe's writings influence?
4. What does Edmund's sister convince him to do in the Prologue?
5. What is Edmund's sister's real name?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)