|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The book's prologue is particularly engaging for its target audience of _____.
(b) Amateur detectives.
(d) Professional detectives.
2. On his way to the saloon to buy supplies for himself and Dupin, who follow Edward?
(b) A ghost.
3. What does Dupin asks Edmund to do when they first meet?
(a) Deliver a letter.
(b) Solve a mystery.
(c) Help him get a job.
(d) Help him write a story.
4. What does Dupin find in the bank vault?
(a) A corpse.
(b) Edmund's sister.
(d) A piece of string.
5. At the clothier's shop, what does the large man do when he sees Edmund?
(a) Rushes out of the store.
(b) Offers to buy him a coat.
(c) Warns him to stay away from Dupin.
(d) Ignores him.
Short Answer Questions
1. Poe's main character in one of his famous mystery books was the first to use a combination of ____.
2. When Edward goes to the saloon to buy supplies for himself and Dupin, according to the posted sign, who is offering a reward for the location of Mrs. G. Rachett?
3. When they investigate the room that faces Edmund's room, what do Edmund and Dupin find?
4. How are the children feeling when the novel begins?
5. The prologue is engaging because it sets up a crime in which _____.
This section contains 273 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)