|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapters 1-10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what year does the story take place?
2. What does Edmund read in Dupin's notebook at the tavern?
(a) A story based on Edmund's situation.
(b) A message to Edmund.
(c) A message to Mrs. Whitman.
(d) Dupin's true identity.
3. When he is at Mrs. Whitman's house to deliver Dupin's letter, what does Edmund hear Mrs. Powers say she thinks Mrs. Whitman should do?
(a) Get a divorce.
(b) Remain unmarried.
(c) Marry Mr. Poe.
(d) Marry Mr. Arnold.
4. What does the piece of paper that is slipped under the door of Edmund's room tell Dupin?
(a) To meet Mrs. Whitman.
(b) Not to get involved.
(c) An important clue.
(d) To meet William Arnold at the Hotel American House.
5. When Edmund sees the corpse at the docks, at the beginning of the story, who does he identify her as?
(a) His father.
(b) His aunt.
(c) His sister.
(d) His mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What promise does Sis make to Edmund before he leaves her alone in the room?
2. What is on the scrap of paper Edmund finds in Mrs. Whitman's house?
3. Who is Auguste Dupin?
4. At the beginning of the story, how long have the children been alone?
5. Where do the children live?
This section contains 277 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)