Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Reiss resent his orders to cooperate with the police?
2. What does the I Ching tell Juliana when she consults it for advice?
3. In Chapter 9, what does Joe admit to really being career-wise?
4. When Tagomi inquires about General Tedeki in Chapter 14, he learns Tedeki is ________________.
5. Tagomi informs Reiss that Reiss's country is about to _________.
Essay Topic 1
The I Ching played a key role in plot development. Explain what the I Ching is and what purpose it serves to its users. Give examples of the role it played in moving along the events of the story.
Essay Topic 2
Science fiction is often said to have at its foundation a strong connection to the real world. Upon what historical realities did Philip Dick draw? What are some of the specific parallels he makes between Abendsen's world and his own? By doing this, how does this novel equally become a criticism of our own history?
Essay Topic 3
Mr. Tagomi can be described as a dynamic character, one that goes through a transformation from the story's beginning to its end. Trace the development of Tagomi from his telephone conversation in Chapter 1 with Childan to the final chapter when he confronts Reiss. In what ways does he change? What influences these changes? Be specific throughout your discussion.
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)