|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 12, what dilemma does Wegener's suggested plan of action present to the Japanese?
(a) Assisting evil to gain peace.
(b) Losing territorial rights to maintain independence.
(c) Permitting German law to advance technology.
(d) Denying faith to achieve power.
2. What is Frank doing as Chapter 14 ends?
(a) Leaving to find his ex-wife.
(b) Returning to the jewelry business.
(c) Working again for Wyndam-Matson.
(d) Entering a prison camp.
3. What is Juliana''s situation at the end of Chapter 13?
(a) She is planning to return to California.
(b) She is moving in with the Abendsens.
(c) She is being pursued by the police.
(d) She is alone in a motel bed.
4. In Chapter 11, who is revealed to be the mystery Abwehr, Rudolf Wegener?
(a) Joe Cinnadella.
(b) Nobuke Tagomi.
(c) Herr Baynes.
(d) Frank Frink.
5. After McCarthy shows Childan the Edfrank jewelry, Childan decides to _________________.
(a) Use it as a window display.
(b) Rent a space in a shop.
(c) Buy the entire stock.
(d) Take it on consignment.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are Americans portrayed as doing by the author of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy that impresses Juliana?
2. In Chapter 7, how do Paul and Betty react to Childan's comments about Abendsen's theories?
3. In Chapter 12, why has Frank decided to quit the jewelry business?
4. What surprises Tagomi about Mr. Yatabe, whose real name is Tedeki?
5. Why does McCarthy, rather than Frank, go to Childan's shop to market their jewelry?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)