|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. As Chapter 12 closes, what do Wegener and Tedeki realize is the source of Tagomi's despair?
(a) His loss of a trusted assistant.
(b) His break from his Buddhist beliefs.
(c) The knowledge that he will be demoted.
(d) The ruin of his most prized artifact.
2. What feeling best describes Juliana's reaction to Joe's explanation about his cash supply?
3. What surprises Tagomi about Mr. Yatabe, whose real name is Tedeki?
(a) He is a highly respected professor.
(b) He is a supposedly deceased politician.
(c) He is a high ranking Japanese general.
(d) He is an award winning scientist.
4. In Chapter 8, who is Police Chief vom Meere looking for when he calls Reiss's office?
(a) An undercover Jew of the Abwehr.
(b) The head of W-M Corporation.
(c) A high official of the Trade Mission.
(d) A candidate under consideration for chancellor.
5. Why does Wegener give the cigarette case to Tedeki?
(a) It exemplifies the latest in scientific invention.
(b) It symbolizes the union of Germany and Japan.
(c) It contains proof of his message.
(d) It is to be used to signal success.
Short Answer Questions
1. While Tagomi studies the jewelry he purchased, what does he come to understand as the real power of a true artist?
2. How does Childan feel about the offer made by Paul's business associates?
3. As Chapter 10 closes, how does Tagomi's message from the I Ching come true?
4. In Chapter 13, what does Juliana come to realize as the real job for which Joe was hired?
5. When Tagomi inquires about General Tedeki in Chapter 14, he learns Tedeki is ________________.
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)