|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 11, what does Paul admit he has come to appreciate about the Edfrank jewelry Childan had given him?
(a) Its material make-up.
(b) Its artistic design.
(c) Its spiritual value.
(d) Its historic significance.
2. What does Abendsen's novel envision the American work force as being?
(a) Made up of robots.
(b) Equal in pay and ability.
(c) On a volunteer basis.
(d) Respected and well compensated.
3. As the dinner and the conversations in Chapter 7 continue, what realization does Childan come to about the Kasouras and all Japanese?
(a) They are egocentric.
(b) They are generous.
(c) They are creative.
(d) They are artificial.
4. What does vom Meere intend to do to Wegener after his men surround him?
(a) Force him into the German jurisdiction.
(b) Murder him before he does harm.
(c) Paralyze him and take him away.
(d) Frighten his plans out of him.
5. Toward the end of Chapter 12, what does Tagomi realize about Reiss and vom Meere?
(a) They are working undercover for Japan.
(b) They are responsible for the surprise attack.
(c) They are eager to help him out.
(d) They are behind Ramsey's defection.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Childan feel he must read The Grasshopper Lies Heavy?
2. In what way does Frank feel Juliana can use her talent to help the Edfrank Jewelry business?
3. At the meeting in Tagomi's office, what information does Wegener share with Tedeki and Tagomi?
4. As Chapter 7 closes, what gives Childan a feeling of "excitement and anticipation?"
5. What does the I Ching tell Juliana when she consults it for advice?
This section contains 348 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)