Final Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reiss resent his orders to cooperate with the police?
(a) Vom Meere has spread lies about him.
(b) He opposes the leader chosen by the Reich.
(c) He feels it is a waste of time.
(d) Vom Meere has gone over his head.
2. What does the I Ching tell Juliana when she consults it for advice?
(a) To warn Abendsen.
(b) To call Frank.
(c) To return to Colorado.
(d) To notify the police.
3. In Chapter 9, what does Joe admit to really being career-wise?
(a) A book reviewer.
(b) A military policeman.
(c) An armed guard.
(d) A clothing designer.
4. When Tagomi inquires about General Tedeki in Chapter 14, he learns Tedeki is ________________.
(a) In a German prison.
(b) Enjoying a deserved retirement.
(c) Still in his building.
(d) On his way back to Tokyo.
5. Tagomi informs Reiss that Reiss's country is about to _________.
(a) Exile Reiss.
(b) Commit evil.
6. While Tagomi studies the jewelry he purchased, what does he come to understand as the real power of a true artist?
(a) Disguising world suffering.
(b) Perpetuating life's lies.
(c) Bringing the dead to life.
(d) Imitating his natural surroundings.
7. When speaking to Betty Kasoura at her home, how is Childan feeling about her?
8. In Chapter 11, what does Childan hear regarding Betty Kasoura that disappoints him?
(a) She is returning to Japan.
(b) She never cared for Childan.
(c) She never received the jewelry.
(d) She is separating from Paul.
9. What does Tagomi fear about The Oracle that has him so upset?
(a) It has manipulated him to betray his country.
(b) It has made a fool of him.
(c) It has given up on mankind.
(d) It has outlived its usefulness.
10. What do Baynes's thoughts tell the reader about Mr. Yatabe at the end of Chapter 10?
(a) He is a business executive.
(b) He is in the SD.
(c) Baynes works for him.
(d) Tagomi already knows him.
11. In what way does Frank feel Juliana can use her talent to help the Edfrank Jewelry business?
(a) She can bring in more financial backing.
(b) She can create more attractive pieces.
(c) She can make the shop more efficient.
(d) She can help them sell their jewelry.
12. In Chapter 8, who is Police Chief vom Meere looking for when he calls Reiss's office?
(a) The head of W-M Corporation.
(b) A high official of the Trade Mission.
(c) An undercover Jew of the Abwehr.
(d) A candidate under consideration for chancellor.
13. Why does Childan feel he must read The Grasshopper Lies Heavy?
(a) To advance his social skills.
(b) To fulfill his patriotic duty.
(c) To further understand his shop's clientele.
(d) To keep up with the Kasouras.
14. What does Chapter 9 reveal about how the earlier incident at Childan's store has left him feeling?
(a) Questioning personal and business decisions.
(b) Fearful of being alone.
(c) Disillusioned with public officials.
(d) Seeking new business contacts.
15. What surprises Tagomi about Mr. Yatabe, whose real name is Tedeki?
(a) He is an award winning scientist.
(b) He is a supposedly deceased politician.
(c) He is a highly respected professor.
(d) He is a high ranking Japanese general.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does McCarthy, rather than Frank, go to Childan's shop to market their jewelry?
2. In Chapter 7, why are the police waiting for Childan when he returns home from the dinner?
3. What does the conversation between Childan and the Kasouras tell the reader has happened to the most humanitarian of the candidates for new Chancellor, von Schirach?
4. What is Frank doing as Chapter 14 ends?
5. After telling Tagomi he can't return his Colt .44, what does Childan promise him the jewelry he buys will bring him?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)