|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Juliana feel the Germans have made little advancement in despite having gone to Mars?
2. What word best describes Childan's overall opinion of the Germans?
3. How does Wyndam-Matson's feel about "historicity"?
(a) It is inescapable.
(b) It is hurtful.
(c) It is contradictory.
(d) It is meaningless.
4. How have Frank's feelings for the Japanese changed over the years?
(a) From respect to disgust.
(b) From fear to amusement
(c) From indifference to adoration
(d) From hate to acceptance.
5. As Chapter 6 closes, what does the manila envelope that Frank and McCarthy receive contain?
(a) A court order.
(b) A government permit.
(c) A certified check.
(d) A manufacturer's contract.
6. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
7. What does the order in which languages are used in making airline announcements symbolize?
(a) Geographic patterns.
(b) Multicultural diversity.
(c) Class structure.
(d) Educational priorities.
8. What contradiction does the Oracle's message predict that leaves Frank confused?
(a) Business success and poverty.
(b) Good fortune and doom.
(c) Long life and death.
(d) Love's return and loss.
9. What does the young driver's discovery about the character of Baynes suggest about the novel?
(a) The main conflict is about to be resolved.
(b) The plot may move in a new direction.
(c) The setting will shift to Europe.
(d) The point of view will change.
10. In discussing Abendsen's novel, what does Juliana point out about Joe that makes him angry ?
(a) His misinterpreted passages.
(b) His misused vocabulary.
(c) His contradictory statements.
(d) His false assumptions.
11. What does Rita, Wyndam-Matson's girlfriend, suggest that he should do to handle the problem which he learned about from Calvin?
(a) Confront the accuser.
(b) Bribe the police.
(c) Murder the supplier.
(d) Escape to Canada.
12. What is rumored about Germany that concerns both Tagomi and Juliana?
(a) Germany is about to invade the Pacific States.
(b) Germany is about to break communication channels.
(c) Germany is going to lose its leader.
(d) Germany is aligning itself with China.
13. According to Tagomi, what aspect of the German massacre of the Jews caused the Japanese to refuse to participate?
(a) It was costly and dangerous.
(b) It was unsupervised and unholy.
(c) It was barbaric and racist.
(d) It was irrelevant and distracting.
14. What does Frank decide to do as a result of the Oracle's message?
(a) Seek Childan's business advice.
(b) Live life as best he can.
(c) Send a message to Juliana.
(d) Beg to get his job back.
15. What is discovered as being the source of W-M Corporation's real profit?
(a) Counterfeit war bonds.
(b) Imitation Chinese artifacts.
(c) Inferior construction materials.
(d) Fake antique guns.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Childan do as a result of what he has learned from the university in Chapter 4?
2. How does Childan's ride in the pedicab make him feel?
3. In Chapter 6, Tagomi is now convinced that Baynes really is ___________.
4. What are the pincos of Sacramento described as being?
5. What does Childan's mystery client wish to purchase?
This section contains 532 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)