|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
2. How does Ramsey feel about Tagomi's request that he select the gift for Baynes?
3. What word describes Baynes's reaction to Tagomi's gift and home furnishings?
4. What has caused Africa to become a wasteland?
(a) Nazi experimentation on humans.
(b) Asian exploitation of resources.
(c) Italian colonization.
(d) American bombing.
5. What does the mystery client encourage Childan to report?
(a) Increased customer demands to his suppliers.
(b) Discovered forgeries to the police.
(c) Shipping failures to the Trade Commission.
(d) Missing items to the authorities
6. How does Childan's ride in the pedicab make him feel?
7. What does McCarthy tell Frank he has a plan to get for their business?
(a) Approval from the Japanese Ministry.
(b) Financing from their former boss.
(c) Materials from an old friend.
(d) Shop space from an uncle.
8. What is discovered about his merchandise that causes Childan to lose a major deal?
(a) It is stolen.
(b) It is unwanted.
(c) It is fake.
(d) It is undeliverable.
9. What does Frank decide to do as a result of the Oracle's message?
(a) Live life as best he can.
(b) Seek Childan's business advice.
(c) Beg to get his job back.
(d) Send a message to Juliana.
10. As Chapter 2 opens, what is Tagomi consulting the I Ching about?
(a) His romantic future.
(b) His upcoming visitor.
(c) His physical health.
(d) His job security.
11. In discussing Abendsen's novel, what does Juliana point out about Joe that makes him angry ?
(a) His misinterpreted passages.
(b) His false assumptions.
(c) His contradictory statements.
(d) His misused vocabulary.
12. Because he is Swedish, who does Tagomi believe Mr. Baynes will probably politically favor?
13. What is Childan in the business of selling?
(a) Japanese made souvenirs.
(b) Local modern art.
(c) Abandoned real estate.
(d) Historic American artifacts.
14. What does Frank's use of the I Ching suggest about him?
(a) He is of Oriental heritage.
(b) He has no one to talk to.
(c) He yearns for Japanese acceptance.
(d) He puts faith in its advice.
15. Who does Rita note her parents said would have won WW II if he had lived?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is the city of San Francisco described?
2. What is the Nuremberg Law responsible for as revealed through Juliana?
3. In Chapter 6, what does Juliana realize Joe has done when she returns to her apartment?
4. What other name does the I Ching go by?
5. What does Juliana feel the Germans have made little advancement in despite having gone to Mars?
This section contains 490 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)