|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Frank makes it difficult for him to move to a new territory?
(a) His older age.
(b) His ethnic background.
(c) His criminal background.
(d) His limited skills.
2. How are Tagomi and Childan similar?
(a) They are involved in secret missions.
(b) They are feared by their peers.
(c) They are concerned with outward appearances.
(d) They are seeking social equality.
3. What does the mystery client encourage Childan to report?
(a) Missing items to the authorities
(b) Discovered forgeries to the police.
(c) Increased customer demands to his suppliers.
(d) Shipping failures to the Trade Commission.
4. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
(a) Getting Juliana back.
(b) Avenging Wyndam-Matson.
(c) Improving racial relations.
(d) Remaining socially anonymous.
5. What does Childan learn about the carrier ship Syokaku from the Tokyo Herald?
(a) It sunk years ago.
(b) It is docked in Tokyo.
(c) It never existed.
(d) It is en route to Germany.
6. According to Wyndam-Matson, how does bringing up the past tend to make people feel?
7. How does Childan's ride in the pedicab make him feel?
8. As Chapter 6 closes, what does the manila envelope that Frank and McCarthy receive contain?
(a) A government permit.
(b) A manufacturer's contract.
(c) A certified check.
(d) A court order.
9. In Chapter 4, what does McCarthy encourage Frank to do?
(a) Challenge Wyndam-Matson in court.
(b) Work as though nothing has happened.
(c) Go study for a new trade.
(d) Make use of his talents.
10. Tagomi expresses his dislike of the German practices toward what group of people?
(a) Elderly citizens.
(b) Farm laborers.
(c) Industrial workers.
(d) Foreign visitors.
11. What word describes Baynes's reaction to Tagomi's gift and home furnishings?
12. What does Frank's question to the I Ching about Juliana suggest?
(a) He wishes they were still together.
(b) He feels ashamed he never approached her.
(c) He wants to avenge her captor.
(d) He regrets putting wealth above her love.
13. Why has Paul Kasoura come to San Francisco?
(a) For his honeymoon.
(b) For a military assignment.
(c) For a conference.
(d) For government work.
14. Who does Rita note her parents said would have won WW II if he had lived?
15. What is it about Ramsey that makes Tagomi unwilling to share all the information about Baynes with him?
(a) He is suspected to be a spy.
(b) He is known to be a gossip.
(c) He is considered lower in social status.
(d) He is said to be friends with Baynes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is learned about the role of Blacks in the PSA?
2. How does Ramsey feel about Tagomi's request that he select the gift for Baynes?
3. What is discovered as being the source of W-M Corporation's real profit?
4. What Axis power is most accepting of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy?
5. What is Wyndam-Matson certain of when he hears Calvin's complaint?
This section contains 504 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)