|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Tagomi expresses his dislike of the German practices toward what group of people?
(a) Industrial workers.
(b) Foreign visitors.
(c) Farm laborers.
(d) Elderly citizens.
2. What does the mystery client encourage Childan to report?
(a) Missing items to the authorities
(b) Discovered forgeries to the police.
(c) Increased customer demands to his suppliers.
(d) Shipping failures to the Trade Commission.
3. In Chapter 6, what does The Oracle predict that further distresses Tagomi?
(a) His wife will leave him.
(b) A global catastrophe..
(c) The destruction of the PSA.
(d) His own death.
4. What does McCarthy suggest is the reason Frank is initially reluctant to start his own business?
(a) Repeated past job failures.
(b) Threats of harming Juliana.
(c) Years of political brainwashing.
(d) Fear of Wyndam-Matson's revenge.
5. In Chapter 6, Tagomi is now convinced that Baynes really is ___________.
(a) A German national.
(b) An escaped prisoner.
(c) An inspection agent.
(d) An allied convert.
6. What has caused Africa to become a wasteland?
(a) American bombing.
(b) Italian colonization.
(c) Nazi experimentation on humans.
(d) Asian exploitation of resources.
7. What word best describes Childan's overall opinion of the Germans?
8. How do the Kasouras differ from Tagomi in their treatment of Childan?
(a) They treat him as an equal.
(b) They act inferior to him.
(c) They treat him like he is non-existent.
(d) They act superior to him.
9. What is Wyndam-Matson certain of when he hears Calvin's complaint?
(a) Calvin will go to the police.
(b) Frank and McCarthy are behind this.
(c) He will never be found out.
(d) Childan is only looking for money.
10. How does Ramsey feel about Tagomi's request that he select the gift for Baynes?
11. Joe's comments about the war and the Germans show that he is opposed to ___________.
12. As Chapter 2 opens, what is Tagomi consulting the I Ching about?
(a) His upcoming visitor.
(b) His physical health.
(c) His job security.
(d) His romantic future.
13. What does the reader learn about Albert Speer's approach to revitalizing the USA, as evidenced in New York City?
(a) It purchases devalued stocks.
(b) It employs Japanese immigrants.
(c) It exploits natural resources.
(d) It eliminates economic competition.
14. As Chapter 6 closes, what does the manila envelope that Frank and McCarthy receive contain?
(a) A manufacturer's contract.
(b) A government permit.
(c) A certified check.
(d) A court order.
15. What does Baynes say they must wait for before he and Tagomi can meet?
(a) An elderly man from the Homeland to arrive.
(b) Assurance of military protection.
(c) The arrival of an economic expert.
(d) Word that the Japanese will pay him.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Childan returns to his office in Chapter 4, who does the client waiting for him claim to represent?
2. What does Childan's mystery client wish to purchase?
3. What is discovered as being the source of W-M Corporation's real profit?
4. What is Childan in the business of selling?
5. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
This section contains 517 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)