|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Wyndam-Matson, how does bringing up the past tend to make people feel?
2. While visiting with Tagomi in Chapter 5, what does Baynes feel regret about?
(a) The cultural prejudice.
(b) A public speech.
(c) An airline conversation.
(d) A political action.
3. What has caused Africa to become a wasteland?
(a) Nazi experimentation on humans.
(b) American bombing.
(c) Italian colonization.
(d) Asian exploitation of resources.
4. According to Tagomi, what aspect of the German massacre of the Jews caused the Japanese to refuse to participate?
(a) It was costly and dangerous.
(b) It was unsupervised and unholy.
(c) It was irrelevant and distracting.
(d) It was barbaric and racist.
5. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
6. Joe's comments about the war and the Germans show that he is opposed to ___________.
7. How does Mrs. Kasoura seem to Childan?
8. How are Tagomi and Childan similar?
(a) They are concerned with outward appearances.
(b) They are involved in secret missions.
(c) They are feared by their peers.
(d) They are seeking social equality.
9. What does McCarthy tell Frank he has a plan to get for their business?
(a) Financing from their former boss.
(b) Shop space from an uncle.
(c) Approval from the Japanese Ministry.
(d) Materials from an old friend.
10. What does Childan's mystery client wish to purchase?
(a) An ancient treasure map.
(b) Authentic Civil War guns.
(c) Antique American furniture.
(d) Pre-war political buttons.
11. What rumor does Wyndam-Matson remember that gives him further power over Frank?
(a) He is a Slav.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is a terrorist.
12. Because he is Swedish, who does Tagomi believe Mr. Baynes will probably politically favor?
13. What is Wyndam-Matson certain of when he hears Calvin's complaint?
(a) Calvin will go to the police.
(b) He will never be found out.
(c) Frank and McCarthy are behind this.
(d) Childan is only looking for money.
14. What is discovered about his merchandise that causes Childan to lose a major deal?
(a) It is fake.
(b) It is stolen.
(c) It is undeliverable.
(d) It is unwanted.
15. When Childan returns to his office in Chapter 4, who does the client waiting for him claim to represent?
(a) An Admiral of the Imperial Army.
(b) A leader of the Third Reich.
(c) An agent from the Trade Commission.
(d) A businessman from the Middle East.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Baynes make clear to Tagomi in Chapter 5 about Mr. Yatabe's visit?
2. What is learned about the role of Blacks in the PSA?
3. What words best describe how Joe views the British?
4. What word describes Baynes's reaction to Tagomi's gift and home furnishings?
5. What does the reader learn about Albert Speer's approach to revitalizing the USA, as evidenced in New York City?
This section contains 502 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)