|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While visiting with Tagomi in Chapter 5, what does Baynes feel regret about?
(a) A political action.
(b) A public speech.
(c) An airline conversation.
(d) The cultural prejudice.
2. How are Tagomi and Childan similar?
(a) They are feared by their peers.
(b) They are concerned with outward appearances.
(c) They are seeking social equality.
(d) They are involved in secret missions.
3. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
(a) Getting Juliana back.
(b) Improving racial relations.
(c) Remaining socially anonymous.
(d) Avenging Wyndam-Matson.
4. What is learned about the role of Blacks in the PSA?
(a) They are the military police.
(b) They drive taxis.
(c) They are informants.
(d) They are slaves.
5. How does Ramsey feel about Tagomi's request that he select the gift for Baynes?
6. How does Mrs. Kasoura seem to Childan?
7. What is it about Ramsey that makes Tagomi unwilling to share all the information about Baynes with him?
(a) He is said to be friends with Baynes.
(b) He is considered lower in social status.
(c) He is suspected to be a spy.
(d) He is known to be a gossip.
8. In Chapter 3, what do we learn about how Juliana Frink makes her living?
(a) As an investigative reporter.
(b) As a social worker.
(c) As a judo instructor.
(d) As a diner waitress.
9. In Chapter 6, what does The Oracle predict that further distresses Tagomi?
(a) The destruction of the PSA.
(b) His wife will leave him.
(c) His own death.
(d) A global catastrophe..
10. Joe's comments about the war and the Germans show that he is opposed to ___________.
11. What irony exists in Ray Calvin's angry call to William-Matson about Childan's complaint?
(a) Calvin was aware of the truth.
(b) Calvin owns W-M Corporation.
(c) Wyndam-Matson works for Childan.
(d) Childan was mastermind of the plan.
12. How is the city of San Francisco described?
(a) As being left in ruins from the war.
(b) As making a strong economic comeback.
(c) As becoming a world cultural center.
(d) As rebuilding from a major earthquake.
13. What has caused Africa to become a wasteland?
(a) Asian exploitation of resources.
(b) Italian colonization.
(c) American bombing.
(d) Nazi experimentation on humans.
14. What does Tagomi receive that makes him become suspicious of Baynes's real intentions?
(a) A military briefing.
(b) An unsigned letter.
(c) An anonymous phone call.
(d) A coded message.
15. What word would sum up Frank's opinion of McCarthy?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCarthy suggest is the reason Frank is initially reluctant to start his own business?
2. What Axis power is most accepting of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy?
3. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
4. What does Juliana suggest to Joe is the reason for his overall bitter attitude?
5. How does the simile, "like a little animal, not important, but smart" describe the way Joe acts?
This section contains 500 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)