|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Tagomi attribute Ramsey' s tanning by sun lamp?
(a) His desire to meet pretty women.
(b) His desire to be outside.
(c) His desire to improve his health.
(d) His desire to fit in.
2. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
3. In discussing Abendsen's novel, what does Juliana point out about Joe that makes him angry ?
(a) His contradictory statements.
(b) His misinterpreted passages.
(c) His false assumptions.
(d) His misused vocabulary.
4. Who does Rita note her parents said would have won WW II if he had lived?
5. What does McCarthy suggest is the reason Frank is initially reluctant to start his own business?
(a) Fear of Wyndam-Matson's revenge.
(b) Threats of harming Juliana.
(c) Repeated past job failures.
(d) Years of political brainwashing.
6. What Axis power is most accepting of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy?
7. What about Frank makes it difficult for him to move to a new territory?
(a) His older age.
(b) His criminal background.
(c) His limited skills.
(d) His ethnic background.
8. What makes Juliana certain she and Joe could never be part of the colonization on other planets?
(a) Their illicit relationship.
(b) Their political views.
(c) Their personal fears.
(d) Their physical features.
9. What does Frank decide to do as a result of the Oracle's message?
(a) Live life as best he can.
(b) Beg to get his job back.
(c) Seek Childan's business advice.
(d) Send a message to Juliana.
10. What is learned about the role of Blacks in the PSA?
(a) They are slaves.
(b) They drive taxis.
(c) They are informants.
(d) They are the military police.
11. Because he is Swedish, who does Tagomi believe Mr. Baynes will probably politically favor?
12. What has caused Africa to become a wasteland?
(a) Italian colonization.
(b) Nazi experimentation on humans.
(c) American bombing.
(d) Asian exploitation of resources.
13. As Chapter 2 opens, what is Tagomi consulting the I Ching about?
(a) His upcoming visitor.
(b) His physical health.
(c) His job security.
(d) His romantic future.
14. How have Frank's feelings for the Japanese changed over the years?
(a) From respect to disgust.
(b) From hate to acceptance.
(c) From indifference to adoration
(d) From fear to amusement
15. What does the reader learn about Albert Speer's approach to revitalizing the USA, as evidenced in New York City?
(a) It employs Japanese immigrants.
(b) It eliminates economic competition.
(c) It purchases devalued stocks.
(d) It exploits natural resources.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is discovered as being the source of W-M Corporation's real profit?
2. What word would sum up Frank's opinion of McCarthy?
3. What does the author use to establish the relationship between Frank and McCarthy, his foreman?
4. What is the Nuremberg Law responsible for as revealed through Juliana?
5. What does Childan learn about the carrier ship Syokaku from the Tokyo Herald?
This section contains 508 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)