|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
2. Why does Tagomi feel it would be better if his assistant, Ramsey, selected the gift for Baynes?
(a) He is native born.
(b) He is artistically inclined.
(c) He is Swedish bred.
(d) He is socially active.
3. What does Childan do as a result of what he has learned from the university in Chapter 4?
(a) He decides to close his shop.
(b) He seeks reimbursement from his supplier.
(c) He files an anonymous police report.
(d) He hires an armed night watchman.
4. What contradiction does the Oracle's message predict that leaves Frank confused?
(a) Good fortune and doom.
(b) Long life and death.
(c) Love's return and loss.
(d) Business success and poverty.
5. How have Frank's feelings for the Japanese changed over the years?
(a) From respect to disgust.
(b) From fear to amusement
(c) From hate to acceptance.
(d) From indifference to adoration
6. How do the Kasouras differ from Tagomi in their treatment of Childan?
(a) They act superior to him.
(b) They treat him as an equal.
(c) They treat him like he is non-existent.
(d) They act inferior to him.
7. How does the simile, "like a little animal, not important, but smart" describe the way Joe acts?
(a) Alertly and instinctively.
(b) Wildly and spontaneously.
(c) Quietly and spontaneously.
(d) Politely and rationally.
8. How does Childan's ride in the pedicab make him feel?
9. What other name does the I Ching go by?
(a) The Reich.
(b) The Oracle.
(c) The Mission of Inquiry.
(d) The Justification Committee.
10. How are Tagomi and Childan similar?
(a) They are seeking social equality.
(b) They are concerned with outward appearances.
(c) They are involved in secret missions.
(d) They are feared by their peers.
11. What does McCarthy tell Frank he has a plan to get for their business?
(a) Approval from the Japanese Ministry.
(b) Shop space from an uncle.
(c) Materials from an old friend.
(d) Financing from their former boss.
12. Joe's comments about the war and the Germans show that he is opposed to ___________.
13. What is Wyndam-Matson certain of when he hears Calvin's complaint?
(a) Frank and McCarthy are behind this.
(b) Childan is only looking for money.
(c) Calvin will go to the police.
(d) He will never be found out.
14. What makes Juliana certain she and Joe could never be part of the colonization on other planets?
(a) Their physical features.
(b) Their political views.
(c) Their illicit relationship.
(d) Their personal fears.
15. How does Mrs. Kasoura seem to Childan?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is learned about the role of Blacks in the PSA?
2. In Chapter 6, what does Juliana realize Joe has done when she returns to her apartment?
3. As Chapter 2 opens, what is Tagomi consulting the I Ching about?
4. What does Juliana suggest to Joe is the reason for his overall bitter attitude?
5. What technique is used in Chapter 4 to introduce the reader to the character of Wyndam-Matson?
This section contains 527 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)