|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wyndam-Matson certain of when he hears Calvin's complaint?
(a) Frank and McCarthy are behind this.
(b) He will never be found out.
(c) Calvin will go to the police.
(d) Childan is only looking for money.
2. What makes Juliana certain she and Joe could never be part of the colonization on other planets?
(a) Their personal fears.
(b) Their political views.
(c) Their illicit relationship.
(d) Their physical features.
3. How do the Kasouras differ from Tagomi in their treatment of Childan?
(a) They act inferior to him.
(b) They treat him like he is non-existent.
(c) They treat him as an equal.
(d) They act superior to him.
4. What words best describe how Joe views the British?
(a) Brutal and murderous.
(b) Shrewd and frightening.
(c) Cowardly and defenseless.
(d) Dishonest and uncommitted.
5. Who does Rita note her parents said would have won WW II if he had lived?
6. What Axis power is most accepting of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy?
7. What does Juliana suggest to Joe is the reason for his overall bitter attitude?
(a) His idols are now gone.
(b) His family has disowned him.
(c) His mentors have been imprisoned.
(d) His friends have deserted him.
8. What does the order in which languages are used in making airline announcements symbolize?
(a) Multicultural diversity.
(b) Geographic patterns.
(c) Educational priorities.
(d) Class structure.
9. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
(a) Remaining socially anonymous.
(b) Improving racial relations.
(c) Getting Juliana back.
(d) Avenging Wyndam-Matson.
10. What does Childan do as a result of what he has learned from the university in Chapter 4?
(a) He decides to close his shop.
(b) He files an anonymous police report.
(c) He seeks reimbursement from his supplier.
(d) He hires an armed night watchman.
11. What word best describes Childan's overall opinion of the Germans?
12. How does the simile, "like a little animal, not important, but smart" describe the way Joe acts?
(a) Wildly and spontaneously.
(b) Quietly and spontaneously.
(c) Politely and rationally.
(d) Alertly and instinctively.
13. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
14. What has caused Africa to become a wasteland?
(a) Nazi experimentation on humans.
(b) Asian exploitation of resources.
(c) American bombing.
(d) Italian colonization.
15. Why does Childan send samples of his merchandise to the university?
(a) To verify his client's accusations.
(b) To establish a new clientèle.
(c) To save on shipping fees.
(d) To identify fingerprints on them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What contradiction does the Oracle's message predict that leaves Frank confused?
2. To what does Tagomi attribute Ramsey' s tanning by sun lamp?
3. What does Tagomi receive that makes him become suspicious of Baynes's real intentions?
4. What are the pincos of Sacramento described as being?
5. What is discovered about his merchandise that causes Childan to lose a major deal?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)