1. What is Childan in the business of selling?
Historic American artifacts.
2. What is Childan upset over as the novel opens?
An undelivered package.
3. Why does Childan most likely have the fresh marigolds and background music playing in his shop?
To create a pleasant atmosphere.
4. What do phrases like "the fussy, brisk voice," "barely polite," and "deliberately mispronounced his name" initially tell us about Tagomi's character?
He is arrogant.
5. How do the Kasouras differ from Tagomi in their treatment of Childan?
They treat him as an equal.
This section contains 5,366 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)