Short Answer Questions
1. What is Childan in the business of selling?
2. What is Childan upset over as the novel opens?
3. Why does Childan most likely have the fresh marigolds and background music playing in his shop?
4. What do phrases like "the fussy, brisk voice," "barely polite," and "deliberately mispronounced his name" initially tell us about Tagomi's character?
5. How do the Kasouras differ from Tagomi in their treatment of Childan?
This section contains 5,366 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)