|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Abendsen move from the High Castle?
(a) He developed a fear of elevators.
(b) He wanted to encourage equality.
(c) He couldn't afford the upkeep.
(d) He no longer felt in danger.
2. What about Joe surprises Juliana as Chapter 13 opens?
(a) His abrupt departure.
(b) His questionable guests.
(c) His mysterious phone call.
(d) His demanding behavior.
3. Toward the end of Chapter 12, what does Tagomi realize about Reiss and vom Meere?
(a) They are eager to help him out.
(b) They are working undercover for Japan.
(c) They are behind Ramsey's defection.
(d) They are responsible for the surprise attack.
4. What is the Nuremberg Law responsible for as revealed through Juliana?
(a) The separation of her and her husband.
(b) The rise in farming back East.
(c) The expulsion of Jews in New York.
(d) The fighting between Japan and Germany.
5. Why does McCarthy, rather than Frank, go to Childan's shop to market their jewelry?
(a) Childan is a childhood friend.
(b) Childan might recognize Frank.
(c) Frank is busy producing more.
(d) McCarthy is more sociable.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Tagomi do to spite Reiss?
2. What word best describes Wyndam-Matson's reaction when Rita tells him about The Grasshopper Lies Heavy?
3. Having a shadow cut off the sun just as Tagomi begins to read into the sun's effect on the jewelry in order to emphasize his mood is an example of the use of what literary device?
4. What is learned about the role of Blacks in the PSA?
5. What surprises Juliana when she sees Abendsen's home?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)