|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Reiss resent his orders to cooperate with the police?
(a) He feels it is a waste of time.
(b) Vom Meere has gone over his head.
(c) He opposes the leader chosen by the Reich.
(d) Vom Meere has spread lies about him.
2. According to Tagomi, what aspect of the German massacre of the Jews caused the Japanese to refuse to participate?
(a) It was irrelevant and distracting.
(b) It was barbaric and racist.
(c) It was unsupervised and unholy.
(d) It was costly and dangerous.
3. As Chapter 14 opens, what is Tagomi doing?
(a) Seeking vom Meere's help.
(b) Hopelessly wandering the city.
(c) Plotting to get revenge.
(d) Sadly packing his belongings.
4. What does Chapter 9 reveal about how the earlier incident at Childan's store has left him feeling?
(a) Disillusioned with public officials.
(b) Questioning personal and business decisions.
(c) Fearful of being alone.
(d) Seeking new business contacts.
5. What does the reader learn about Albert Speer's approach to revitalizing the USA, as evidenced in New York City?
(a) It exploits natural resources.
(b) It eliminates economic competition.
(c) It employs Japanese immigrants.
(d) It purchases devalued stocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
2. In Chapter 15, what happens to Wegener when his plane lands in Germany?
3. In Chapter 11, who is revealed to be the mystery Abwehr, Rudolf Wegener?
4. In discussing Abendsen's novel, what does Juliana point out about Joe that makes him angry ?
5. What makes Juliana question the fact that Joe says he is reading The Grasshopper Lies Heavy?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)