|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What rumor does Wyndam-Matson remember that gives him further power over Frank?
(a) He is a Slav.
(b) He is a spy.
(c) He is a Jew.
(d) He is a terrorist.
2. What are the pincos of Sacramento described as being?
(a) An underground network of spies.
(b) The lower class farm laborers.
(c) The puppet white government.
(d) A powerful mobster organization.
3. What irony exists in Ray Calvin's angry call to William-Matson about Childan's complaint?
(a) Calvin was aware of the truth.
(b) Childan was mastermind of the plan.
(c) Calvin owns W-M Corporation.
(d) Wyndam-Matson works for Childan.
4. How is the city of San Francisco described?
(a) As rebuilding from a major earthquake.
(b) As becoming a world cultural center.
(c) As making a strong economic comeback.
(d) As being left in ruins from the war.
5. How does the simile, "like a little animal, not important, but smart" describe the way Joe acts?
(a) Alertly and instinctively.
(b) Politely and rationally.
(c) Wildly and spontaneously.
(d) Quietly and spontaneously.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Frank's question to the I Ching about Juliana suggest?
2. What does the author use to establish the relationship between Frank and McCarthy, his foreman?
3. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
4. What technique is used in Chapter 4 to introduce the reader to the character of Wyndam-Matson?
5. For what reason does Tagomi think Baynes is coming to visit him?
This section contains 286 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)