|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Childan in the business of selling?
(a) Abandoned real estate.
(b) Japanese made souvenirs.
(c) Historic American artifacts.
(d) Local modern art.
2. What is revealed about Baynes when the young driver tries to make conversation with him in Chapter 5?
(a) He doesn't like Orientals.
(b) He doesn't speak Swedish.
(c) He doesn't understand Japanese.
(d) He doesn't acknowledge inferiors.
3. What other name does the I Ching go by?
(a) The Oracle.
(b) The Reich.
(c) The Mission of Inquiry.
(d) The Justification Committee.
4. What does the mystery client encourage Childan to report?
(a) Shipping failures to the Trade Commission.
(b) Missing items to the authorities
(c) Discovered forgeries to the police.
(d) Increased customer demands to his suppliers.
5. What is discovered as being the source of W-M Corporation's real profit?
(a) Counterfeit war bonds.
(b) Fake antique guns.
(c) Inferior construction materials.
(d) Imitation Chinese artifacts.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Wyndam-Matson, how does bringing up the past tend to make people feel?
2. What is discovered about his merchandise that causes Childan to lose a major deal?
3. How does the simile, "like a little animal, not important, but smart" describe the way Joe acts?
4. What does the reader learn about Albert Speer's approach to revitalizing the USA, as evidenced in New York City?
5. What does Childan learn about the carrier ship Syokaku from the Tokyo Herald?
This section contains 267 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)