|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What about Frank makes it difficult for him to move to a new territory?
(a) His ethnic background.
(b) His limited skills.
(c) His older age.
(d) His criminal background.
2. For what reason does Tagomi think Baynes is coming to visit him?
(a) To share technological information.
(b) To mediate peace negotiations.
(c) To seek release of political prisoners.
(d) To arrange for a trade agreement.
3. What is Childan in the business of selling?
(a) Japanese made souvenirs.
(b) Abandoned real estate.
(c) Local modern art.
(d) Historic American artifacts.
4. Joe's comments about the war and the Germans show that he is opposed to ___________.
5. What does Frank decide to do as a result of the Oracle's message?
(a) Beg to get his job back.
(b) Live life as best he can.
(c) Send a message to Juliana.
(d) Seek Childan's business advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What image set forth in The Grasshopper Lies Heavy seems to upset Joe the most?
2. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
3. What does Juliana suggest to Joe is the reason for his overall bitter attitude?
4. What do phrases like "the fussy, brisk voice," "barely polite," and "deliberately mispronounced his name" initially tell us about Tagomi's character?
5. As Chapter 6 closes, what does the manila envelope that Frank and McCarthy receive contain?
This section contains 276 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)