|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Frank's question to the I Ching about Juliana suggest?
(a) He feels ashamed he never approached her.
(b) He wishes they were still together.
(c) He regrets putting wealth above her love.
(d) He wants to avenge her captor.
2. What technique is used in Chapter 4 to introduce the reader to the character of Wyndam-Matson?
3. What does Frank's memory of the landlord Omuro being beheaded by the Japanese Mission because of profiteering off ex-servicemen say about the Japanese?
(a) They respect the law.
(b) They are loyal to their religion.
(c) They are cruel to Americans.
(d) They desire wealth.
4. What word best describes Wyndam-Matson's reaction when Rita tells him about The Grasshopper Lies Heavy?
5. What does Juliana suggest to Joe is the reason for his overall bitter attitude?
(a) His idols are now gone.
(b) His family has disowned him.
(c) His mentors have been imprisoned.
(d) His friends have deserted him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What best describes the territory of the Rocky Mountain States?
2. What does the mystery client encourage Childan to report?
3. What does Frank's use of the I Ching suggest about him?
4. When Childan returns to his office in Chapter 4, who does the client waiting for him claim to represent?
5. What does the young driver's discovery about the character of Baynes suggest about the novel?
This section contains 314 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)