|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the reader learn about Albert Speer's approach to revitalizing the USA, as evidenced in New York City?
(a) It purchases devalued stocks.
(b) It exploits natural resources.
(c) It employs Japanese immigrants.
(d) It eliminates economic competition.
2. What is the Nuremberg Law responsible for as revealed through Juliana?
(a) The rise in farming back East.
(b) The fighting between Japan and Germany.
(c) The separation of her and her husband.
(d) The expulsion of Jews in New York.
3. In Chapter 3, what do we learn about how Juliana Frink makes her living?
(a) As a diner waitress.
(b) As a judo instructor.
(c) As a social worker.
(d) As an investigative reporter.
4. How is the city of San Francisco described?
(a) As making a strong economic comeback.
(b) As rebuilding from a major earthquake.
(c) As becoming a world cultural center.
(d) As being left in ruins from the war.
5. Tagomi expresses his dislike of the German practices toward what group of people?
(a) Farm laborers.
(b) Foreign visitors.
(c) Industrial workers.
(d) Elderly citizens.
Short Answer Questions
1. According to Childan, what is special about some of the people his shop gives him the opportunity to meet?
2. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
3. What is learned about the role of Blacks in the PSA?
4. What does McCarthy suggest is the reason Frank is initially reluctant to start his own business?
5. What does Childan learn about the carrier ship Syokaku from the Tokyo Herald?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)