|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 14.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is rumored about Germany that concerns both Tagomi and Juliana?
(a) Germany is aligning itself with China.
(b) Germany is about to invade the Pacific States.
(c) Germany is going to lose its leader.
(d) Germany is about to break communication channels.
2. While Tagomi studies the jewelry he purchased, what does he come to understand as the real power of a true artist?
(a) Bringing the dead to life.
(b) Imitating his natural surroundings.
(c) Disguising world suffering.
(d) Perpetuating life's lies.
3. To what does Tagomi attribute Ramsey' s tanning by sun lamp?
(a) His desire to improve his health.
(b) His desire to fit in.
(c) His desire to be outside.
(d) His desire to meet pretty women.
4. What does Juliana suggest to Joe is the reason for his overall bitter attitude?
(a) His idols are now gone.
(b) His friends have deserted him.
(c) His family has disowned him.
(d) His mentors have been imprisoned.
5. What are Americans portrayed as doing by the author of The Grasshopper Lies Heavy that impresses Juliana?
(a) Fighting to free the British.
(b) Succeeding in conquering the world.
(c) Working to eliminate foreign competition.
(d) Helping to erase world suffering.
Short Answer Questions
1. Because he feels The Grasshopper Lies Heavy is a dangerous book, what does Reiss think should happen to its author?
2. What does Baynes make clear to Tagomi in Chapter 5 about Mr. Yatabe's visit?
3. As Chapter 7 closes, what gives Childan a feeling of "excitement and anticipation?"
4. According to Abendsen's novel, what problem has been solved as a result of the Allies' victory?
5. What does Joe tell Juliana was the reason he picked her to be with him?
This section contains 357 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)