|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are Frank 's intentions when he returns to the factory?
(a) To apologize to his boss.
(b) To get his tools back.
(c) To protect his friend's job.
(d) To pick up his paycheck.
2. What is Childan upset over as the novel opens?
(a) A store robbery.
(b) An undelivered package.
(c) An artist's complaint.
(d) A missed appointment.
3. What is Frank Frink worrying about when the reader first meets him?
(a) Finding his friend.
(b) Buying a home.
(c) Angering his wife.
(d) Losing his job.
4. What about Frank makes it difficult for him to move to a new territory?
(a) His older age.
(b) His criminal background.
(c) His ethnic background.
(d) His limited skills.
5. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
(a) Avenging Wyndam-Matson.
(b) Getting Juliana back.
(c) Remaining socially anonymous.
(d) Improving racial relations.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Rita, Wyndam-Matson's girlfriend, suggest that he should do to handle the problem which he learned about from Calvin?
2. In Chapter 3, what do we learn about how Juliana Frink makes her living?
3. Why does Childan most likely have the fresh marigolds and background music playing in his shop?
4. In Chapter 4, what does McCarthy encourage Frank to do?
5. What does Frank's use of the I Ching suggest about him?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)