|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What contradiction does the Oracle's message predict that leaves Frank confused?
(a) Good fortune and doom.
(b) Business success and poverty.
(c) Love's return and loss.
(d) Long life and death.
2. As he sits in his office, engrossed in reading The Grasshopper Lies Heavy, what does Reiss suggest is the "power of fiction" ?
(a) Twisted plots.
(b) Emotional appeal.
(c) Careful phrasing.
(d) Realistic imagery.
3. In Chapter 13, in the hotel room, how does Juliana settle her dispute with Joe?
(a) By giving him Frank's address.
(b) By agreeing to help with his plan.
(c) By slitting his throat with a razor.
(d) By escaping through a bathroom window.
4. The fate of what real group of people does Childan's statement, "I am an outsider in my own country" bring to mind?
(a) European pioneers.
(b) Polish Immigrants.
(c) Native Americans.
(d) African slaves.
5. What about Joe surprises Juliana as Chapter 13 opens?
(a) His demanding behavior.
(b) His mysterious phone call.
(c) His abrupt departure.
(d) His questionable guests.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does McCarthy tell Frank he has a plan to get for their business?
2. As Chapter 7 closes, what gives Childan a feeling of "excitement and anticipation?"
3. Frank sees the Edfrank Jewelry business as, perhaps, a way of ____________.
4. What is different about Joe's hair when he comes out of the barbershop?
5. What does McCarthy suggest is the reason Frank is initially reluctant to start his own business?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)