|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After having dinner with the Kasouras, Childan says he no longer feels________________.
2. What contradiction does the Oracle's message predict that leaves Frank confused?
(a) Business success and poverty.
(b) Love's return and loss.
(c) Long life and death.
(d) Good fortune and doom.
3. When speaking to Betty Kasoura at her home, how is Childan feeling about her?
4. When Childan returns to his office in Chapter 4, who does the client waiting for him claim to represent?
(a) An agent from the Trade Commission.
(b) An Admiral of the Imperial Army.
(c) A businessman from the Middle East.
(d) A leader of the Third Reich.
5. While dining with the Kasouras, what word does Childan use to initially describe his own behavior?
Short Answer Questions
1. What technique is used in Chapter 4 to introduce the reader to the character of Wyndam-Matson?
2. What word would sum up Frank's opinion of McCarthy?
3. The fate of what real group of people does Childan's statement, "I am an outsider in my own country" bring to mind?
4. What does McCarthy tell Frank he has a plan to get for their business?
5. What word best describes the mood at the Kasouras' home during Childan's visit?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)