|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 13.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When speaking to Betty Kasoura at her home, how is Childan feeling about her?
2. What does the conversation between Childan and the Kasouras tell the reader has happened to the most humanitarian of the candidates for new Chancellor, von Schirach?
(a) He is dead.
(b) He is in hiding.
(c) He has been imprisoned.
(d) He has been exiled.
3. What does Childan do as a result of what he has learned from the university in Chapter 4?
(a) He seeks reimbursement from his supplier.
(b) He decides to close his shop.
(c) He files an anonymous police report.
(d) He hires an armed night watchman.
4. As the dinner and the conversations in Chapter 7 continue, what realization does Childan come to about the Kasouras and all Japanese?
(a) They are artificial.
(b) They are creative.
(c) They are egocentric.
(d) They are generous.
5. In Chapter 4, what does McCarthy encourage Frank to do?
(a) Work as though nothing has happened.
(b) Go study for a new trade.
(c) Challenge Wyndam-Matson in court.
(d) Make use of his talents.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the start of Chapter 7, what is Childan's reason for being at the home of the Kasouras?
2. What is different about Joe's hair when he comes out of the barbershop?
3. What does the author use to establish the relationship between Frank and McCarthy, his foreman?
4. What technique is used in Chapter 4 to introduce the reader to the character of Wyndam-Matson?
5. Why does Childan send samples of his merchandise to the university?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)