|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Kanda tiger stalk and prepare to hunt the men from the village?
2. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
3. When Corbett hears what he believes are stones falling at night and investigates, what does he find?
4. Who comes to see Corbett nearly as soon as he arrives.
5. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Corbett finally encounters the Thak man-eater?
2. What does Corbett hear from the village of Thak when he sitting out over a dead buffalo waiting for the tiger to return? Why is this unusual? Where does it come from and what do people say it was?
3. Describe how the Pipal Pani tiger gets shot for a second time, and how the men who go in search of him unknowingly put their lives in great danger, and what may have saved them.
4. What happens when Corbett returns to the spot he left the fish?
5. What unexpected thing does the Pipal Pani tiger do when he gets shot in the shoulder?
6. How does the Pipal Pani tiger get injured in the head? What does Corbett see that he is able to know this?
7. What run-in does the labor camp have with the man-eater of Thak? What happens?
8. Why do many men come to the area of the Thak man-eater? What are they doing there and how do they feel about the tiger? How do they show it?
9. Describe the setting of the chapter The Fish of My Dreams.
10. Summarize the story Corbett tells of bravery in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about hemp.
Part 1. What is hemp? Where does it come? What is useful about it?
Part 2. Discuss the historic uses of hemp. What did our forefather's use hemp for?
Part 3. Why is hemp not as widespread today as it was?
Part 4. What products are available today in hemp, and how do they compare to their non-hemp counterparts?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about Hinduism.
Part 1. Describe a general overview of the religion including number of followers and primary regions of the world where it is practiced.
Part 2. Write about the various different types of Hinduism and how they differ from each other.
Part 3. What are some of the major concepts and deities of Hinduism?
Part 4. What common Hindu notions, words, or practices have been incorporated into our society?
Essay Topic 3
What is the relationship between hunting and conservation?
Part 1. Historically, what role have hunters played in the creation of legislation for conservation?
Part 2. Write about several people who were both well known hunters and conservationists.
Part 3. What role do hunters today play in conservation?
This section contains 1,398 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)