|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that makes the valley Corbett fishes in so pleasant?
2. What does Corbett says happens when one has unlimited undisturbed water to fish in?
3. What happens to Corbett when he retrieves the fish?
4. Which of the following best characterizes the size of the fish Corbett catches?
5. What does Corbett say is more important than the weight of the fish?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the Pipal Pani tiger get injured in the head? What does Corbett see that he is able to know this?
2. Describe the night Corbett spends in a tree waiting for the Kanda man-eater. What happens at night and how does it end?
3. What does Corbett mean when he says he sets out to follow the "drag" of the Mohan man-eater? Why does he say this term is misleading?
4. Why is the setting particularly relevant to the story The Fish of My Dreams?
5. Describe the encounter Corbett has on the trail with the woman filling a water jug. What is he happy he has accomplished?
6. Why does Corbett experience mixed emotions after shooting the Pipal Pani tiger?
7. Describe the setting of the chapter The Fish of My Dreams.
8. What encounter does Corbett have with a hamadryad or a cobra while he is hunting the Kanda man-eater? What happens and why does Corbett feel better afterwards?
9. What does Corbett hear from the village of Thak when he sitting out over a dead buffalo waiting for the tiger to return? Why is this unusual? Where does it come from and what do people say it was?
10. Why does Corbett worry about Ibbotson and his men one night after they leave him to sit up over a kill at night? What happens, and why didn't Corbett do anything?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Hinduism.
Part 1. Describe a general overview of the religion including number of followers and primary regions of the world where it is practiced.
Part 2. Write about the various different types of Hinduism and how they differ from each other.
Part 3. What are some of the major concepts and deities of Hinduism?
Part 4. What common Hindu notions, words, or practices have been incorporated into our society?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about leopards and tigers.
Part 1. Give a general introduction to tigers and leopards, providing general information like how many there are and where they live.
Part 2. How are they similar? Discuss the many ways in which leopards and tigers are similar.
Part 3. How are they different? Despite all their similarities, tigers and leopards are quite unique. Describe how they are different from each other and the other big cats.
Essay Topic 3
Many people that Corbett helped had never seen a rifle being used before his, and even in a land where man-eating tigers were wreaking havoc guns were scarce. Write a history of the development of firearms.
Part 1. Where did the first firearm originate from? What weapons were their ancestors?
Part 2. Describe the evolution of firearms from the first ones to the ones we are familiar with today. Include their migration all around the globe.
Part 3. How did firearms change the world around them?
This section contains 1,568 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)