|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
2. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
3. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
4. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
5. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens when Robin first chases a langur monkey? What did Robin learn?
2. What goes wrong with the beat that Corbett plans to drive the tigress down a gorge? How does it all work out?
3. Describe how Corbett shoots three ghooral mountain goats on his first outing with some men from Pali. What was their reaction? Why?
4. What story of his own attack does the man with the mauled face tell Corbett in the Chowgarh man-eater? How did the man live?
5. What opportunity does Corbett miss when he sees just the hind leg and tail of a tiger while stalking the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh? Why does he make the decision that he does?
6. What happens when Corbett first gets a shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
7. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
8. Explain the circumstance in which Corbett shoots the first of the Chowgarh tigers. Why does he choose the tiger he does? Which one does he kill?
9. Describe the affliction of the tigress of Muktesar and circumstance of her first human kills.
10. Explain what happens when Corbett uses a buffalo to lure the tiger and waits for it on a rock ledge. What do the villagers discover.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Jim Corbett was similar in many ways to Theodore Roosevelt. Write an essay about Theodore Roosevelt.
Part 1. Give a short biography of Theodore Roosevelt's life, including a brief synopsis of his political career.
Part 2. Describe Theodore Roosevelt as a hunter and outdoors man.
Part 3. How was Roosevelt a leader in conservation? What legacy of conservation did he leave behind?
Part 4. How are Jim Corbett and Theodore Roosevelt alike?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the British occupation of India.
Part 1. When, how, and why did the British occupy India? How did this benefit Great Britain and what consequences were there for India?
Part 2. Describe British / Indian relations up to and including World War 1. Explain the motives for the choices India made. Was this what the English were expecting?
Part 3. What happened after World War 1? Describe the Indian fight for independence.
Part 4. When did the British leave? How has India fared since they left? What might India have been like without the occupation?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about leopards and tigers.
Part 1. Give a general introduction to tigers and leopards, providing general information like how many there are and where they live.
Part 2. How are they similar? Discuss the many ways in which leopards and tigers are similar.
Part 3. How are they different? Despite all their similarities, tigers and leopards are quite unique. Describe how they are different from each other and the other big cats.
This section contains 1,859 words
(approx. 7 pages at 300 words per page)