|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
2. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
3. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
5. When does Robin disappear?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the bear hunt start when Corbett is out shooting ghooral for the village? What happens in the bear hunt and how do they eventually kill the bear?
2. Explain what happens when Corbett takes the skin of the tigress of Champawat to the woman that had pursued it when it carried off her sister.
3. Describe the affliction of the tigress of Muktesar and circumstance of her first human kills.
4. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
5. Why is it important for Corbett to bring the family back any part, no matter how small. of a body that was taken away by a tiger?
6. What story does Corbett tell as a warning against assuming that a wounded animal is where you last saw it?
7. What does the author give as the reason for the difference in hunting habits of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
8. Describe how Corbett shoots three ghooral mountain goats on his first outing with some men from Pali. What was their reaction? Why?
9. What story does Corbett recount about the first time he took Robin out hunting as a puppy? What was Corbett's reaction to what happened?
10. What story of his own attack does the man with the mauled face tell Corbett in the Chowgarh man-eater? How did the man live?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the relationship between hunting and conservation?
Part 1. Historically, what role have hunters played in the creation of legislation for conservation?
Part 2. Write about several people who were both well known hunters and conservationists.
Part 3. What role do hunters today play in conservation?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about Hinduism.
Part 1. Describe a general overview of the religion including number of followers and primary regions of the world where it is practiced.
Part 2. Write about the various different types of Hinduism and how they differ from each other.
Part 3. What are some of the major concepts and deities of Hinduism?
Part 4. What common Hindu notions, words, or practices have been incorporated into our society?
Essay Topic 3
Corbett implies in the beginning of the final chapter "Just Tigers," that shooting wildlife with a camera is infinitely harder than shooting them with a gun. Write an essay about wildlife photography.
Part 1. Describe the field of wild animal photography and film making.
Part 2. Give some examples of some extraordinary shots caught in the wild in pictures or on film.
Part 3. What are the challenges of wildlife photography?
Part 4. What techniques do people use to overcome the challenges of photographing or filming wild animals?
This section contains 1,520 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)