|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
3. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
4. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
5. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
Short Essay Questions
1. What story does Corbett recount about the first time he took Robin out hunting as a puppy? What was Corbett's reaction to what happened?
2. Explain what happens when Corbett takes the skin of the tigress of Champawat to the woman that had pursued it when it carried off her sister.
3. Explain the circumstance in which Corbett shoots the first of the Chowgarh tigers. Why does he choose the tiger he does? Which one does he kill?
4. What opportunity does Corbett miss when he sees just the hind leg and tail of a tiger while stalking the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh? Why does he make the decision that he does?
5. Summarize the hunt for the leopard that Corbett tells which culminates in Robin leaving him in a tight corner.
6. Give some examples of situations in which a tiger might kill a human being but not be a man-eater.
7. Explain what happens after Corbett notices that Robin is missing.
8. What does the author give as the reason for the difference in hunting habits of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
9. Explain how the chital is both a help and a hindrance to Corbett as he stalks the wounded leopard with Robin.
10. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters? Why?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about hemp.
Part 1. What is hemp? Where does it come? What is useful about it?
Part 2. Discuss the historic uses of hemp. What did our forefather's use hemp for?
Part 3. Why is hemp not as widespread today as it was?
Part 4. What products are available today in hemp, and how do they compare to their non-hemp counterparts?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about the British occupation of India.
Part 1. When, how, and why did the British occupy India? How did this benefit Great Britain and what consequences were there for India?
Part 2. Describe British / Indian relations up to and including World War 1. Explain the motives for the choices India made. Was this what the English were expecting?
Part 3. What happened after World War 1? Describe the Indian fight for independence.
Part 4. When did the British leave? How has India fared since they left? What might India have been like without the occupation?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about Hinduism.
Part 1. Describe a general overview of the religion including number of followers and primary regions of the world where it is practiced.
Part 2. Write about the various different types of Hinduism and how they differ from each other.
Part 3. What are some of the major concepts and deities of Hinduism?
Part 4. What common Hindu notions, words, or practices have been incorporated into our society?
This section contains 1,527 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)