|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
2. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
3. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
5. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe how Corbett shoots three ghooral mountain goats on his first outing with some men from Pali. What was their reaction? Why?
2. Give some examples of situations in which a tiger might kill a human being but not be a man-eater.
3. Explain what happens when Robin first chases a langur monkey? What did Robin learn?
4. Who does Corbett find when he is on the trail of the Bachelor of Powalgarh? What does he help do and what does he get asked to do?
5. Summarize the hunt for the leopard that Corbett tells which culminates in Robin leaving him in a tight corner.
6. Tell the story of the second wounded victim of the Chawgarh tiger that Corbett sees. How was she attacked and how did she return to town? What happens to her?
7. Explain the encounter the author has a young boy with a tiger in the forest.
8. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters? Why?
9. How does the bear hunt start when Corbett is out shooting ghooral for the village? What happens in the bear hunt and how do they eventually kill the bear?
10. Why did the group of twenty men not pursue the woman they saw carried off? What happened when a rescue party did search for her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Jim Corbett.
Part 1. Provide a general biography of the life of Jim Corbett.
Part 2. Explain how Jim Corbett became a hunter of man-eating tigers and leopards. Share some of his experiences.
Part 3. Describe the efforts and importance that Jim Corbett assigned to conservationism. What did he achieve and what is his legacy?
Essay Topic 2
Corbett refers many times to an unexplained feeling of danger that warns him when a tiger is nearby. Write an essay about extra-sensory perception.
Part 1. Describe the "feeling of danger" that Corbett experiences many times in his stories. Is Corbett's experience a common one?
Part 2. Explain what extra-sensory perception is, and the various forms it is reportedly experienced.
Part 3. Discuss the scientific approach that has been taken to explain ESP and the results.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about Hinduism.
Part 1. Describe a general overview of the religion including number of followers and primary regions of the world where it is practiced.
Part 2. Write about the various different types of Hinduism and how they differ from each other.
Part 3. What are some of the major concepts and deities of Hinduism?
Part 4. What common Hindu notions, words, or practices have been incorporated into our society?
This section contains 1,541 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)