|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
2. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
3. What is Robin's pedigree?
4. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
5. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens when Corbett returns to the spot he left the fish?
2. Why is Corbett forced to leave the fish? What does he do with it when he leaves?
3. Explain what happens when Robin first chases a langur monkey? What did Robin learn?
4. Explain what happens when Corbett uses a buffalo to lure the tiger and waits for it on a rock ledge. What do the villagers discover.
5. What happens between the time that Corbett throws his line in the water and when he tosses the flopping fish onto the shore?
6. What does Corbett mean when he says he sets out to follow the "drag" of the Mohan man-eater? Why does he say this term is misleading?
7. Why is the first girl that the Chowgarh tiger wounded not being tended to when Corbett arrives? How was she attacked and how did she get to town?
8. Describe Corbett's first encounter with the Kanda man-eater. How does it end?
9. How does Corbett attempt to use water buffalo to help him stalk the Bachelor of Powalgarh? What happens?
10. What were Corbett's initial plans for the sleeping arrangement in Mohan? How and why were they changed?
Essay Topic 1
Write an essay about Tibet.
Part 1. Give a general overview of Tibet. Include it's location, population, and a summary that will give readers a representative idea about Tibet.
Part 2. Describe the geography and wildlife of Tibet.
Part 3. What is the current political situation of Tibet? Describe Tibet's relationship with China.
Part 4. What is the primary religion of Tibet? What world famous religious leader is from Tibet? Why does he no longer live there?
Essay Topic 2
Write an essay about Jim Corbett.
Part 1. Provide a general biography of the life of Jim Corbett.
Part 2. Explain how Jim Corbett became a hunter of man-eating tigers and leopards. Share some of his experiences.
Part 3. Describe the efforts and importance that Jim Corbett assigned to conservationism. What did he achieve and what is his legacy?
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about hemp.
Part 1. What is hemp? Where does it come? What is useful about it?
Part 2. Discuss the historic uses of hemp. What did our forefather's use hemp for?
Part 3. Why is hemp not as widespread today as it was?
Part 4. What products are available today in hemp, and how do they compare to their non-hemp counterparts?
This section contains 3,222 words
(approx. 11 pages at 300 words per page)