|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
2. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
3. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
4. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
5. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain what happens when Robin first chases a langur monkey? What did Robin learn?
2. Explain what happens when Corbett takes the skin of the tigress of Champawat to the woman that had pursued it when it carried off her sister.
3. What happens when Corbett first gets a shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. Explain the circumstance in which Corbett shoots the first of the Chowgarh tigers. Why does he choose the tiger he does? Which one does he kill?
5. Why is Corbett forced to leave the fish? What does he do with it when he leaves?
6. Why does Corbett think that he might be able to lure the tiger to him by calling? How does his attempt go, and how does he explain the results?
7. Why is the setting particularly relevant to the story The Fish of My Dreams?
8. Explain the encounter the author has a young boy with a tiger in the forest.
9. What story does Corbett recount about the first time he took Robin out hunting as a puppy? What was Corbett's reaction to what happened?
10. What unexpected thing does the Pipal Pani tiger do when he gets shot in the shoulder?
Essay Topic 1
Corbett often takes his dog Robin with him hunting. He depends on Robin to help him track big game by scent when he can't follow a visible a trail. Write an essay about hunting dogs and other service dogs.
Part 1. How many different jobs to dogs do for people? What variety of jobs or services are sometimes performed by working dogs.
Part 2. How have dogs been bred or selected to better perform their jobs? Give examples of specialty breeds and the jobs they perform.
Part 3. Man and dogs have been hunting together for a long time. Explain the possible origins of the relationship and the various roles that dogs play when assisting hunters.
Essay Topic 2
What constitutes a man-eater?
Part 1. Describe the animals around the world who have been known to become man-eaters.
Part 2. Why do animals occasionally hunt human flesh? Are there general reasons or individual ones?
Part 3. Name some famous cases of man-eaters from around the world and describe how the material previously discussed applies to them individually.
Essay Topic 3
Write an essay about Hinduism.
Part 1. Describe a general overview of the religion including number of followers and primary regions of the world where it is practiced.
Part 2. Write about the various different types of Hinduism and how they differ from each other.
Part 3. What are some of the major concepts and deities of Hinduism?
Part 4. What common Hindu notions, words, or practices have been incorporated into our society?
This section contains 2,955 words
(approx. 10 pages at 300 words per page)