|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Corbett in a hurry to find the tiger as time moves on?
(a) The tigress is killing many, many people.
(b) He has promised his family to retire on the 1st.
(c) The contractors are about to arrive with men.
(d) He knows the tiger is about to move locations.
2. What does Corbett recommend great care be taken over when stalking tigers at their kills?
(a) To not alert the other wildlife.
(b) To develop perfect patience.
(c) To not get drowsy.
(d) To kill the animal outright on the first shot.
3. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Another tiger arriving.
(c) The call of Corbett's men on the ridge.
(d) A wild shot Corbett made.
4. What is Corbett trying to film out in the submontane valley?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A tigress and her cubs.
(c) A python.
(d) A rare butterfly.
5. What animals visit the kill site the first night Corbett sits out waiting for the Thak man-eater?
(a) A leopard and a sambhar.
(b) Two bears.
(c) A sambhar and a porcupine.
(d) Two porcupines and a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the townspeople of Thak decide to do?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that makes the valley Corbett fishes in so pleasant?
3. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
4. What happened to the chital that the tiger had killed and left?
5. When does the father finally find the remains of his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of the chapter The Fish of My Dreams.
2. What is Corbett's main intention at the locale of the story The Fish of My Dreams? Why is he having difficulty and when does he decide to go fishing?
3. How does an old lady and a sixteen year old girl end up on the ledge of a cliff? What happens?
4. What happens when Corbett returns to the spot he left the fish?
5. What bothers Corbett about the way he kills the man-eater of Mohan? Why? What reasons does he give to justify his actions?
6. What unexpected thing does the Pipal Pani tiger do when he gets shot in the shoulder?
7. What does Corbett hear from the village of Thak when he sitting out over a dead buffalo waiting for the tiger to return? Why is this unusual? Where does it come from and what do people say it was?
8. How would you characterize the relationship between Corbett and the Pipal Pani tiger over the tiger's life?
9. Summarize the story Corbett tells of bravery in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater.
10. Describe how Corbett finally encounters the Thak man-eater?
This section contains 1,547 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)