|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Corbett when he retrieves the fish?
(a) He slips and loses the fish.
(b) He is jerked headlong into the river.
(c) He gets stalked by a python.
(d) He loses his rod and tackle in the fast current.
2. Where does the fish swim to while Corbett watches?
(a) Down stream and out of sight.
(b) A deep pool.
(c) In between two large rocks.
(d) To the other side of the river.
3. What happens when the fish Corbett first catches reaches the end of the fishing line?
(a) The line goes dead.
(b) The rod jams and won't reel in the line.
(c) The fish leaps out of the water.
(d) Corbett starts reeling the fish in.
4. What does Corbett say plays an important role in our enjoyment of outdoor sports?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The element of danger.
(c) The environment.
(d) The people with you.
5. What happened to the chital that the tiger had killed and left?
(a) A leopard took it away.
(b) Some men cut it up and took it.
(c) The sandy bank gave way and deposited it into a river.
(d) Another tiger had arrived and eaten much of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
2. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
3. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
4. What does a friend bring to Corbett from the scene where the tiger was shot at night?
5. What is missing from the first kill site that Corbett sees of the Thak man-eater?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Corbett's feeling of relief greater than usual when he shoots the Thak man-eater?
2. Describe Corbett's first encounter with the man-eater of Mohan when he senses him above the road on the overhang.
3. How does an old lady and a sixteen year old girl end up on the ledge of a cliff? What happens?
4. What alarms the Pipal Pani tiger and his mate of Corbett's approach? Give details.
5. Why does Corbett experience mixed emotions after shooting the Pipal Pani tiger?
6. What unexpected thing does the Pipal Pani tiger do when he gets shot in the shoulder?
7. How would you characterize the relationship between Corbett and the Pipal Pani tiger over the tiger's life?
8. Why do many men come to the area of the Thak man-eater? What are they doing there and how do they feel about the tiger? How do they show it?
9. What is Corbett's main intention at the locale of the story The Fish of My Dreams? Why is he having difficulty and when does he decide to go fishing?
10. What were Corbett's initial plans for the sleeping arrangement in Mohan? How and why were they changed?
This section contains 1,538 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)