|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say he has a great distaste for?
(c) Having an animal get the better of him.
(d) Going into mountain rivers over his head.
2. When Corbett hears what he believes are stones falling at night and investigates, what does he find?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Frogs making the sound.
(c) Fresh pugmarks climbing a rocky bank.
(d) The villagers throwing rocks to scare the tiger.
3. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
(a) The buffalo killed by a leopard.
(b) The buffalo killed by lightening.
(c) The buffalo gone.
(d) The buffalo half eaten by the tiger.
4. What does Corbett worry the Pipal Pani tiger will do after being wounded?
(a) Move to another area.
(b) Become a man-eater.
(c) Return to the village like he had before.
(d) Hole up and die.
5. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
(a) A mother out cutting grass for her cattle.
(b) A child who strayed into the forest.
(c) A girl who stayed with her injured companion.
(d) An injured old lady.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett hear from Thak that goes unexplained?
2. What lesson does Corbett teach the cub of Pipal Pani?
3. What animals visit the kill site the first night Corbett sits out waiting for the Thak man-eater?
4. Why does the tiger leave the base of Corbett's tree?
5. What information does Corbett claim to know about the Pipal Pani Tiger's early history?
Short Essay Questions
1. What unexpected thing does the Pipal Pani tiger do when he gets shot in the shoulder?
2. Why is Corbett forced to leave the fish? What does he do with it when he leaves?
3. Why is the setting particularly relevant to the story The Fish of My Dreams?
4. Why is Corbett's feeling of relief greater than usual when he shoots the Thak man-eater?
5. Why do many men come to the area of the Thak man-eater? What are they doing there and how do they feel about the tiger? How do they show it?
6. How would you characterize the relationship between Corbett and the Pipal Pani tiger over the tiger's life?
7. Why does Corbett experience mixed emotions after shooting the Pipal Pani tiger?
8. How does an old lady and a sixteen year old girl end up on the ledge of a cliff? What happens?
9. What alarms the Pipal Pani tiger and his mate of Corbett's approach? Give details.
10. Describe Corbett's first encounter with the man-eater of Mohan when he senses him above the road on the overhang.
This section contains 1,504 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)