|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Corbett leave the fish after he catches it?
(a) In water tied to a tree.
(b) Back into the still pool.
(c) Buried unter some medium sized rocks on the bottom of the river.
(d) Hanging out of otter's reach from a tree branch.
2. What brings the tiger to the base of the tree Corbett is sitting in?
(a) A teasing langur.
(b) It is stalking him.
(c) It is passing on its way to the dead buffalo.
3. Which of the following is a theory that Corbett develops about why the Thak tigress had become a man-eater?
(a) The logging in the area was driving away her prey.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She had a severe mineral deficiency.
(d) She had helped a previously killed man-eater hunt and eat its victims.
4. What happened to the chital that the tiger had killed and left?
(a) The sandy bank gave way and deposited it into a river.
(b) Some men cut it up and took it.
(c) A leopard took it away.
(d) Another tiger had arrived and eaten much of it.
5. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
(a) The buffalo killed by a leopard.
(b) The buffalo gone.
(c) The buffalo killed by lightening.
(d) The buffalo half eaten by the tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the father finally find the remains of his son?
2. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
3. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
4. What do the townspeople of Thak decide to do?
5. Why does Corbett chose to travel alone on the roads in the area of a man-eater?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)