|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
(a) A mother out cutting grass for her cattle.
(b) A girl who stayed with her injured companion.
(c) A child who strayed into the forest.
(d) An injured old lady.
2. What do the townspeople of Thak decide to do?
(a) Raise mony to pay Corbett.
(b) Enlist the help of a holy man to drive away the tiger spirit.
(c) Abandon their town until the man-eater is killed.
(d) Build a fence around their town.
3. What brings the tiger to the base of the tree Corbett is sitting in?
(a) It is passing on its way to the dead buffalo.
(b) A teasing langur.
(c) It is stalking him.
4. What does a friend bring to Corbett from the scene where the tiger was shot at night?
(a) A bone shard.
(b) A tooth.
(c) A claw.
(d) Some hairs.
5. What do the forest guard and fisherman allegedly trip over while fleeing from the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) A snare trap for the tiger.
(b) A log.
(c) A sleeping bear.
(d) Each other.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Corbett says can be determined by examining a tiger's scratchmarks?
2. When Corbett hears what he believes are stones falling at night and investigates, what does he find?
3. Who lost the most cattle to the Pipal Pani tiger?
4. What is Corbett trying to film out in the submontane valley?
5. What does Corbett go to when he sees the Pipal Pani tiger and its mate?
Short Essay Questions
1. Summarize the story Corbett tells of bravery in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater.
2. How does the Pipal Pani tiger get injured in the head? What does Corbett see that he is able to know this?
3. Why does Corbett experience mixed emotions after shooting the Pipal Pani tiger?
4. What were Corbett's initial plans for the sleeping arrangement in Mohan? How and why were they changed?
5. How would you characterize the relationship between Corbett and the Pipal Pani tiger over the tiger's life?
6. What run-in does the labor camp have with the man-eater of Thak? What happens?
7. Describe how Corbett finally encounters the Thak man-eater?
8. What unexpected thing does the Pipal Pani tiger do when he gets shot in the shoulder?
9. Why is Corbett forced to leave the fish? What does he do with it when he leaves?
10. Describe the encounter Corbett has on the trail with the woman filling a water jug. What is he happy he has accomplished?
This section contains 1,380 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)