|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theory that Corbett develops about why the Thak tigress had become a man-eater?
(a) The logging in the area was driving away her prey.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She had helped a previously killed man-eater hunt and eat its victims.
(d) She had a severe mineral deficiency.
2. What does a friend bring to Corbett from the scene where the tiger was shot at night?
(a) A bone shard.
(b) A claw.
(c) Some hairs.
(d) A tooth.
3. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
(a) A langur.
(b) A python.
(c) A ghooral.
(d) A water fowl.
4. Which of the following best characterizes how Corbett feels after shooting the Pipal Pani tiger?
(b) Utter sadness.
(d) Mixed emotions.
5. Which of the following best characterizes how the tiger cub approached the place he had left the chital?
(a) Impatiently and angrily.
(b) Directly and casually.
(c) Caustiously and thoughtfully.
(d) Fearfully and nervously.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes the size of the fish Corbett catches?
2. What does Corbett say has altered as much as ladies fashion over the years?
3. When Corbett hears what he believes are stones falling at night and investigates, what does he find?
4. What does Corbett worry the Pipal Pani tiger will do after being wounded?
5. What ailment does Corbett wake up with the first morning in Mohan?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the setting of the chapter The Fish of My Dreams.
2. What alarms the Pipal Pani tiger and his mate of Corbett's approach? Give details.
3. What happens when Corbett returns to the spot he left the fish?
4. What were Corbett's initial plans for the sleeping arrangement in Mohan? How and why were they changed?
5. What is Corbett's main intention at the locale of the story The Fish of My Dreams? Why is he having difficulty and when does he decide to go fishing?
6. What does Corbett mean when he says he sets out to follow the "drag" of the Mohan man-eater? Why does he say this term is misleading?
7. Describe the encounter Corbett has on the trail with the woman filling a water jug. What is he happy he has accomplished?
8. How does an old lady and a sixteen year old girl end up on the ledge of a cliff? What happens?
9. Why does Corbett think that he might be able to lure the tiger to him by calling? How does his attempt go, and how does he explain the results?
10. What run-in does the labor camp have with the man-eater of Thak? What happens?
This section contains 1,431 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)