|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the Pipal Pani tiger no longer permit after his mate left?
(a) Corbett to watch his kill site.
(b) Vultures to feed on his kills.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Other tigers to be nearby.
2. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
(a) A python.
(b) A langur.
(c) A water fowl.
(d) A ghooral.
3. Why does the tiger leave the base of Corbett's tree?
(a) He gets tired of prowling.
(b) Another tiger calls nearby.
(c) Corbett fires his rifle and drives it away.
(d) None of the above.
4. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
(a) It has poor eyesight.
(b) None of the above.
(c) It is very old.
(d) It has an injured leg.
5. Which of the following is a habit of the Thak man-eater?
(a) Follow people on the trail.
(b) To stay away from population centers.
(c) Take her kill into a tree.
(d) To moan when she moves.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is a theory that Corbett develops about why the Thak tigress had become a man-eater?
2. What is missing from the first kill site that Corbett sees of the Thak man-eater?
3. What does a friend bring to Corbett from the scene where the tiger was shot at night?
4. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
5. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe Corbett's first encounter with the man-eater of Mohan when he senses him above the road on the overhang.
2. How would you characterize the relationship between Corbett and the Pipal Pani tiger over the tiger's life?
3. Why does Corbett experience mixed emotions after shooting the Pipal Pani tiger?
4. Why do many men come to the area of the Thak man-eater? What are they doing there and how do they feel about the tiger? How do they show it?
5. Describe the encounter Corbett has on the trail with the woman filling a water jug. What is he happy he has accomplished?
6. What were Corbett's initial plans for the sleeping arrangement in Mohan? How and why were they changed?
7. Why is Corbett forced to leave the fish? What does he do with it when he leaves?
8. Describe the night Corbett spends in a tree waiting for the Kanda man-eater. What happens at night and how does it end?
9. What unexpected thing does the Pipal Pani tiger do when he gets shot in the shoulder?
10. What bothers Corbett about the way he kills the man-eater of Mohan? Why? What reasons does he give to justify his actions?
This section contains 1,603 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)