|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
(a) A water fowl.
(b) A python.
(c) A ghooral.
(d) A langur.
2. What happened to the chital that the tiger had killed and left?
(a) Some men cut it up and took it.
(b) The sandy bank gave way and deposited it into a river.
(c) Another tiger had arrived and eaten much of it.
(d) A leopard took it away.
3. What is Corbett trying to film out in the submontane valley?
(a) A python.
(b) A rare butterfly.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A tigress and her cubs.
4. How effective is sitting out over kills for Corbett when hunting the Thak man-eater?
(a) The tiger circled each time but sensed his presence.
(b) Not at all.
(c) He had a perfect opportunity which he missed.
(d) He sees the tiger regularly but never gets a shot.
5. Which of the following best characterizes how the tiger cub approached the place he had left the chital?
(a) Directly and casually.
(b) Fearfully and nervously.
(c) Impatiently and angrily.
(d) Caustiously and thoughtfully.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes Ibbotson?
2. What time of day does Corbett kill the Thak man-eater?
3. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
4. How does Corbett decide to continue his pursuit of the man-eater after his unsuccessful first encounter with him?
5. What happens when the fish Corbett first catches reaches the end of the fishing line?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)