|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What brings the tiger to the base of the tree Corbett is sitting in?
(b) It is stalking him.
(c) A teasing langur.
(d) It is passing on its way to the dead buffalo.
2. How does Corbett get a hold of the fish?
(a) He slowly battles the fish into shallow water then tosses it onto land.
(b) He grabs it while it is wedged between two rocks.
(c) The fish leaps out of the water while trying to escape him.
(d) He scoops the fish up in a net from a still pool.
3. What lesson does Corbett teach the cub of Pipal Pani?
(a) Not to approach his back yard.
(b) How to catch peafowl.
(c) People are to feared.
(d) To be cautious returning to a kill.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Corbett says can be determined by examining a tiger's scratchmarks?
(a) Whether the animal has recently eaten human flesh.
(b) None of the above.
(d) The direction it was heading.
5. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
(a) A terrified group of women.
(b) An old man who was attacked years before by the tiger.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A group of hunters leaving the area.
Short Answer Questions
1. What ailment does Corbett wake up with the first morning in Mohan?
2. When does the father finally find the remains of his son?
3. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
4. What interesting information do the people of Mohan give Corbett about the man-eater?
5. What does Corbett says happens when one has unlimited undisturbed water to fish in?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)