|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
(a) A langur.
(b) A ghooral.
(c) A water fowl.
(d) A python.
2. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
(a) It is very old.
(b) It has poor eyesight.
(c) It has an injured leg.
(d) None of the above.
3. What time of day does Corbett kill the Thak man-eater?
(a) At noon.
(b) At the very last light of day.
(c) At the break of dawn.
(d) At night.
4. What does Corbett claim to enjoy doing?
(a) Sitting up over a kill.
(b) Watching young tigers hunt.
(c) Stalking predators.
(d) Scaring the locals.
5. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
(a) None of the above.
(b) That Corbett was invincible.
(c) That Corbett had been killed.
(d) That the tiger was dead or dying.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that makes the valley Corbett fishes in so pleasant?
2. What is Corbett hoping to do after he sends his men back when he gives up filming?
3. What is Corbett trying to film out in the submontane valley?
4. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
5. What is the last technique that Corbett uses to hunt the Thak man-eater?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the encounter Corbett has on the trail with the woman filling a water jug. What is he happy he has accomplished?
2. What run-in does the labor camp have with the man-eater of Thak? What happens?
3. What happens between the time that Corbett throws his line in the water and when he tosses the flopping fish onto the shore?
4. Describe Corbett's first encounter with the Kanda man-eater. How does it end?
5. Why is the setting particularly relevant to the story The Fish of My Dreams?
6. Why do many men come to the area of the Thak man-eater? What are they doing there and how do they feel about the tiger? How do they show it?
7. Describe Corbett's first encounter with the man-eater of Mohan when he senses him above the road on the overhang.
8. Why is Corbett forced to leave the fish? What does he do with it when he leaves?
9. Describe the night Corbett spends in a tree waiting for the Kanda man-eater. What happens at night and how does it end?
10. What encounter does Corbett have with a hamadryad or a cobra while he is hunting the Kanda man-eater? What happens and why does Corbett feel better afterwards?
This section contains 1,554 words
(approx. 6 pages at 300 words per page)