|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What interesting information do the people of Mohan give Corbett about the man-eater?
(a) It usually kills people while they sleep.
(b) None of the above.
(c) It moves at a sideways angle.
(d) It moans almost all the time.
2. How does Corbett get a hold of the fish?
(a) He scoops the fish up in a net from a still pool.
(b) He slowly battles the fish into shallow water then tosses it onto land.
(c) He grabs it while it is wedged between two rocks.
(d) The fish leaps out of the water while trying to escape him.
3. What time of day does Corbett kill the Thak man-eater?
(a) At the break of dawn.
(b) At the very last light of day.
(c) At night.
(d) At noon.
4. What is the last technique that Corbett uses to hunt the Thak man-eater?
(a) Sitting over a group of women working in the fields.
(b) Stalk her on a moonlit night.
(c) Poisoning her previous kill.
(d) Calling her in.
5. Who does the Thak man-eater cow into silence when they shout at her?
(a) Corbett's men.
(b) The rescue party of her last victim.
(c) The men at the labor camp.
(d) A group of big game hunters from out of town.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett see first on the trail as he is stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
2. What is Corbett trying to film out in the submontane valley?
3. When the Pipal Pani tiger first goes briefly missing, where has he gone?
4. What does Corbett worry the Pipal Pani tiger will do after being wounded?
5. Which of the following is NOT something that Corbett says can be determined by examining a tiger's scratchmarks?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is the setting particularly relevant to the story The Fish of My Dreams?
2. What were Corbett's initial plans for the sleeping arrangement in Mohan? How and why were they changed?
3. Summarize the story Corbett tells of bravery in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater.
4. What encounter does Corbett have with a hamadryad or a cobra while he is hunting the Kanda man-eater? What happens and why does Corbett feel better afterwards?
5. What run-in does the labor camp have with the man-eater of Thak? What happens?
6. Describe the setting of the chapter The Fish of My Dreams.
7. Describe Corbett's first encounter with the Kanda man-eater. How does it end?
8. Why is Corbett forced to leave the fish? What does he do with it when he leaves?
9. Why does Corbett experience mixed emotions after shooting the Pipal Pani tiger?
10. When Corbett waits in a tree for the Kanda man-eater, he is jerked to full awareness by a langur warning call. What does Corbett first think it is that made the langur call, and what does it turn out to be? Explain.
This section contains 1,288 words
(approx. 5 pages at 300 words per page)