Final Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following is a theory that Corbett develops about why the Thak tigress had become a man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She had helped a previously killed man-eater hunt and eat its victims.
(c) The logging in the area was driving away her prey.
(d) She had a severe mineral deficiency.
2. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
(a) Another tiger arriving.
(b) A wild shot Corbett made.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The call of Corbett's men on the ridge.
3. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
(a) When he is circling town looking for a man-eater.
(b) When he goes to get water for tea.
(c) When the villagers realize what he needs.
(d) On his way into town.
4. Who tracks the man-eater or Thak the first time?
(a) Three groups of three.
(b) Corbett, Ibbotson, and Tewari.
(c) Corbett and ten men from the village.
(d) Just Corbett.
5. What letter is included in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater?
(a) The resignation of the game warden.
(b) A letter of defeat from a hunter after the tiger.
(c) A letter from the people asking Corbett for his help.
(d) An admittance letter for the young man.
Short Answer Questions
1. What information does Corbett claim to know about the Pipal Pani Tiger's early history?
2. Why is the killing of the Thak man-eater especially important to the Forest Department?
3. What does Corbett do when he desperately needs to cough while stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
4. How does Corbett decide to continue his pursuit of the man-eater after his unsuccessful first encounter with him?
5. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)