|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
(a) No footprints.
(b) A sickle and three lengths of rope on the ground.
(c) A beaded necklace on the ground.
(d) Body parts.
2. Why is Corbett in a hurry to find the tiger as time moves on?
(a) The tigress is killing many, many people.
(b) The contractors are about to arrive with men.
(c) He has promised his family to retire on the 1st.
(d) He knows the tiger is about to move locations.
3. What do the townspeople of Thak decide to do?
(a) Abandon their town until the man-eater is killed.
(b) Raise mony to pay Corbett.
(c) Build a fence around their town.
(d) Enlist the help of a holy man to drive away the tiger spirit.
4. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
(a) The buffalo killed by a leopard.
(b) The buffalo half eaten by the tiger.
(c) The buffalo killed by lightening.
(d) The buffalo gone.
5. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
(a) Enlist in the military.
(b) Finish school.
(c) An seafaring internship.
(d) Training as a tour guide.
6. What animals visit the scene of the missing dead chital?
(a) Two langurs and a leopard.
(b) A leopard and a boar.
(c) A boar and two chital.
(d) A tiger and a langur.
7. What do the forest guard and fisherman allegedly trip over while fleeing from the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) A log.
(b) A sleeping bear.
(c) Each other.
(d) A snare trap for the tiger.
8. When does the father finally find the remains of his son?
(a) When he climbs a knoll to rest at dawn.
(b) When Corbett tracks the tiger.
(c) When he trips into the ravine.
(d) When the villagers return to work.
9. When Corbett hears what he believes are stones falling at night and investigates, what does he find?
(a) The villagers throwing rocks to scare the tiger.
(b) Fresh pugmarks climbing a rocky bank.
(c) Frogs making the sound.
(d) None of the above.
10. What does Corbett say plays an important role in our enjoyment of outdoor sports?
(a) The people with you.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The environment.
(d) The element of danger.
11. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
(b) A massive bird of prey.
(c) An amazing butterfly.
(d) The view.
12. What does Corbett thinks killed the buffalo that died but was not killed by the tiger?
(a) A villager hoping to lure the tiger with blood.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A snake.
13. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
(a) On his way into town.
(b) When he is circling town looking for a man-eater.
(c) When he goes to get water for tea.
(d) When the villagers realize what he needs.
14. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
(a) Gather a group to go on a tiger hunt.
(b) Send a telegram to Corbett.
(c) Searches all night in the wilderness for him.
(d) Weep uncontrollably.
15. What does Corbett hear that makes him try a different tactic in his hunt for the Kanda man-eater?
(a) The tiger calling.
(b) None of the above.
(c) A langur warning call.
(d) News of another death in a neighboring town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the tiger leave the base of Corbett's tree?
2. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
3. What ailment does Corbett wake up with the first morning in Mohan?
4. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
5. What does Corbett see first on the trail as he is stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
This section contains 687 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)