|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) A group of women cutting grass.
(b) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(c) A man and his buffalos.
(d) The dak runner.
2. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(b) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(c) That the leopard had killed him.
(d) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) Nightjar eggs in his left hand.
(b) The tiger being a man-eater.
(c) His sudden surge of adrenaline and fast reflexes.
(d) That he is carrying a very light rifle.
4. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
(b) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(c) Go home and return the next day.
(d) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
5. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin dies.
(b) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(c) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(d) Robin's puppies are born.
Short Answer Questions
1. What letter is included in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater?
2. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
3. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
4. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
5. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)