|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(b) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
(c) Injuries from a porcupine.
(d) An old gunshot would in her leg.
2. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
(a) An old hip fracture.
(b) A bullet in his shoulder.
(c) Broken teeth.
(d) Porcupine quills in his foreleg.
3. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When all the men open fire.
(b) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(c) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
(d) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
4. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That the leopard had killed him.
(b) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(c) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(d) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
5. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(b) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(c) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(d) None of the above.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
2. Who tracks the man-eater or Thak the first time?
3. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
4. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
5. Who does the Thak man-eater cow into silence when they shout at her?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)