|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A toe.
(b) A small piece of his skull.
(c) A tooth.
(d) A strip of skin.
2. When Corbett hears what he believes are stones falling at night and investigates, what does he find?
(a) Fresh pugmarks climbing a rocky bank.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Frogs making the sound.
(d) The villagers throwing rocks to scare the tiger.
3. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) Injuries from a porcupine.
(b) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
(d) An old gunshot would in her leg.
4. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(b) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
(c) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
(d) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
5. What animals visit the scene of the missing dead chital?
(a) A tiger and a langur.
(b) A leopard and a boar.
(c) Two langurs and a leopard.
(d) A boar and two chital.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
2. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
3. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
4. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
5. Why is Corbett in a hurry to find the tiger as time moves on?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)