|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(b) The leopard is near death.
(c) The leopard is alive and moving.
(d) A second leopard showed up.
2. How effective is sitting out over kills for Corbett when hunting the Thak man-eater?
(a) Not at all.
(b) He had a perfect opportunity which he missed.
(c) He sees the tiger regularly but never gets a shot.
(d) The tiger circled each time but sensed his presence.
3. When Corbett returns to Thak the second time, what is creating a lot of noise in the area?
(a) The logging operations.
(b) Mining started down the valley.
(c) Langur breeding season.
(d) The furious calls of the tiger.
4. When does the father finally find the remains of his son?
(a) When the villagers return to work.
(b) When he climbs a knoll to rest at dawn.
(c) When Corbett tracks the tiger.
(d) When he trips into the ravine.
5. What part of the Bachelor of Powalgarh does Corbett find after shooting him?
(a) A strip of skin.
(b) A toe.
(c) A small piece of his skull.
(d) A tooth.
Short Answer Questions
1. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
2. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
3. What does Corbett hear that makes him try a different tactic in his hunt for the Kanda man-eater?
4. What does Corbett hear from Thak that goes unexplained?
5. What do the forest guard and fisherman allegedly trip over while fleeing from the man-eater of Mohan?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)