|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
(a) It is the same.
(b) It is slightly more.
(c) It is much, much, more.
(d) It is slightly less.
2. Which of the following best characterizes how Corbett feels after shooting the Pipal Pani tiger?
(a) Utter sadness.
(c) Mixed emotions.
3. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
(a) That Corbett was invincible.
(b) That the tiger was dead or dying.
(c) None of the above.
(d) That Corbett had been killed.
4. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That the leopard had killed him.
(b) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(c) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(d) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
5. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
(a) A tiger on a fresh kill.
(b) A tigress with small cubs.
(c) A person entering the tiger's territory.
(d) A wounded tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is the Pipal Pani tiger mistaken for and shot?
2. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
3. Where does the fish swim to while Corbett watches?
4. What interesting information do the people of Mohan give Corbett about the man-eater?
5. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)