|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett hear from Thak that goes unexplained?
(a) Tiger calls.
(b) A flock of crows gathering and calling.
(c) Three terrible human cries of anguish.
(d) Two tigers fighting.
2. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
(a) When he goes to get water for tea.
(b) On his way into town.
(c) When the villagers realize what he needs.
(d) When he is circling town looking for a man-eater.
3. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) A fine male leopard.
(b) A bear.
(c) A young tiger looking for territory.
(d) The Chowgarh man-eater.
4. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
(a) She tries to hang onto the tiger as it leaves with its prey.
(b) She clubs the tiger with a branch.
(c) She runs after the tiger for a hundred yards yelling at it to let her sister go and take her instead.
(d) She grabs her sister's baby from the hands of the woman as she is drug off.
5. What does Corbett go to when he sees the Pipal Pani tiger and its mate?
(a) A tall rock overlooking a neighboring valley.
(b) A road accident.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A vulture in a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
2. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
3. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
4. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
5. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)