|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
(b) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(c) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(d) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
2. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Forest fire.
(b) Poison bait.
(c) Snare traps.
(d) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
3. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) A small herd of water buffalo.
(b) The other big game hunters after him.
(c) A band of monkeys.
(d) All of his men.
4. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When all the men open fire.
(b) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
(c) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(d) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
5. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Fighting over part of a kill.
(b) Stalking a young girl.
(c) Wrestling together.
(d) Sleeping in the sunshine.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
2. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
3. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
4. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
5. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
This section contains 373 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)