|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett thinks killed the buffalo that died but was not killed by the tiger?
(b) A snake.
(c) A leopard.
(d) A villager hoping to lure the tiger with blood.
2. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His size.
(b) His teeth.
(c) His color.
(d) His intelligence.
3. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Shouting from high places.
(c) A serious of cables for messages.
4. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(b) They usually die young.
(c) They will automatically become man-eaters.
(d) They are especially aggressive.
5. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) An American hunter.
(b) The only survivor of a Chowarh tiger attack.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The first victim of the Chowgarh tiger, an out of town goat herd.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
2. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
3. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
4. What animal is the Pipal Pani tiger mistaken for and shot?
5. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
This section contains 336 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)