|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A serious of cables for messages.
(d) Shouting from high places.
2. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
(a) Enlist in the military.
(b) An seafaring internship.
(c) Training as a tour guide.
(d) Finish school.
3. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
(a) It is slightly more.
(b) It is much, much, more.
(c) It is slightly less.
(d) It is the same.
4. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
(a) Gather a group to go on a tiger hunt.
(b) Searches all night in the wilderness for him.
(c) Weep uncontrollably.
(d) Send a telegram to Corbett.
5. How does the Pipal Pani tiger get wounded in the shoulder?
(a) A fight with another tiger.
(b) A fight with a leopard.
(c) He gets shot when attacking cattle.
(d) He isn't careful returning to a kill and gets shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
2. What lesson does Corbett teach the cub of Pipal Pani?
3. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
4. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)