|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What lesson does Corbett teach the cub of Pipal Pani?
(a) How to catch peafowl.
(b) To be cautious returning to a kill.
(c) People are to feared.
(d) Not to approach his back yard.
2. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Dress as woman working in the field.
(b) Lure the tiger to him.
(c) Take only a light manueverable rifle.
(d) Ambush the tiger at a water hole.
3. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
(a) That we have no sense of smell.
(b) That it is technology, and not nature, that makes us strong.
(c) That we stalk them too.
(d) That we fight to preserve every one of our species.
4. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) The mayor of the township.
(b) The grandmother of the latest victim.
(c) A spirit man protecting the tiger.
(d) Two other large game hunters.
5. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) None of the above.
(b) In a tree.
(c) Lying down in the open.
(d) Wedged in between two rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that makes the valley Corbett fishes in so pleasant?
3. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
4. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
5. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)