|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
(a) To create faith in him from the people of the area.
(c) The odor of snake meat is a powerful lure.
(d) He uses the venom as poison.
2. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) From the window of a train.
(b) While hunting a man-eater in a neighboring province.
(c) In a beautiful glade near his home.
(d) After many days of stalking him.
3. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
(a) He does not want to be classified as a reward hunter or risk being shot by other hunters.
(b) He's afraid it will cause people to try and "make" man-eaters to be killed for reward.
(c) He knows India can't afford it.
(d) He feels that people would come to disrespect tigers.
4. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
(a) A fictional account of heroism.
(b) A local legend.
(c) The Kanda man-eater's last victim.
(d) A story told to him by another big game hunter who witnessed it.
5. Who tracks the man-eater or Thak the first time?
(a) Three groups of three.
(b) Corbett, Ibbotson, and Tewari.
(c) Just Corbett.
(d) Corbett and ten men from the village.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Corbett returns to Thak the second time, what is creating a lot of noise in the area?
2. What does Corbett recommend great care be taken over when stalking tigers at their kills?
3. What does Corbett say has altered as much as ladies fashion over the years?
4. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
5. What is only two or three hundred yards from the Foresters hut where Corbett stays in Mohan?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)