|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
(a) It is very old.
(b) It has poor eyesight.
(c) None of the above.
(d) It has an injured leg.
2. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
3. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
(a) Porcupine quills in his foreleg.
(b) An old hip fracture.
(c) A bullet in his shoulder.
(d) Broken teeth.
4. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
(a) A shot to the head.
(b) A hunting knife.
(c) A large rock.
(d) An axe.
5. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Aggressive and cruel.
(b) Monarch of the forests.
(c) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(d) Instinctual and natural.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is missing from the first kill site that Corbett sees of the Thak man-eater?
2. When Corbett is on a tall rock and thinks he sees the man-eater below him, what is he really looking at?
3. When does Robin disappear?
4. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
5. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)