|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes how the tiger cub approached the place he had left the chital?
(a) Impatiently and angrily.
(b) Directly and casually.
(c) Fearfully and nervously.
(d) Caustiously and thoughtfully.
2. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A terrified group of women.
(c) A group of hunters leaving the area.
(d) An old man who was attacked years before by the tiger.
3. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
(a) The view.
(c) An amazing butterfly.
(d) A massive bird of prey.
4. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(b) When all the men open fire.
(c) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
(d) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
5. What does the snake do when Corbett hits the back of its head with a stone?
(a) Whip around and turn to attack him.
(b) Sink to the bottom of the pool.
(d) Flee into the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes how Corbett feels after shooting the Pipal Pani tiger?
2. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
3. When Corbett is on a tall rock and thinks he sees the man-eater below him, what is he really looking at?
4. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
5. What is missing from the first kill site that Corbett sees of the Thak man-eater?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)