|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
(a) Training as a tour guide.
(b) Finish school.
(c) An seafaring internship.
(d) Enlist in the military.
2. What does Corbett worry the Pipal Pani tiger will do after being wounded?
(a) Become a man-eater.
(b) Return to the village like he had before.
(c) Hole up and die.
(d) Move to another area.
3. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
(a) That Corbett had been killed.
(b) That the tiger was dead or dying.
(c) None of the above.
(d) That Corbett was invincible.
4. What does Corbett deduce about the man-eater from the information the villagers give him?
(a) None of the above.
(b) It has poor eyesight.
(c) It is very old.
(d) It has an injured leg.
5. What lesson does Corbett teach the cub of Pipal Pani?
(a) People are to feared.
(b) Not to approach his back yard.
(c) How to catch peafowl.
(d) To be cautious returning to a kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
2. What is missing from the first kill site that Corbett sees of the Thak man-eater?
3. How does the Pipal Pani tiger get wounded in the shoulder?
4. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
5. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)