|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After having very little success using buffalo as lures, what does Corbett try using?
(b) None of the above.
2. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) A bear.
(b) A young tiger looking for territory.
(c) A fine male leopard.
(d) The Chowgarh man-eater.
3. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
(a) The other beings of the forest and the wind.
(b) The wind and a good hunting dog.
(c) Monkeys and luck.
(d) All of the above.
4. What does Corbett worry the Pipal Pani tiger will do after being wounded?
(a) Move to another area.
(b) Hole up and die.
(c) Return to the village like he had before.
(d) Become a man-eater.
5. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
(a) Three women were missing.
(b) In search of fodder for cattle.
(c) They heard the tiger and decided to hunt it.
(d) To find the young man's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What indication does Corbett find that the latest victim of the tiger was not looked for after being taken?
2. Who is with Corbett when he shoots the Thak man-eater?
3. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
4. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
5. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
This section contains 364 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)