|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
(a) The view is remarkable.
(b) He doesn't want to maneuver a gun with sweaty hands.
(c) He has an overwhelming sense of doom.
(d) He wants to listen to the sounds around him.
2. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
(a) Shouting from high places.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A serious of cables for messages.
3. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His sister and a party of twenty men.
(b) The owner of the water fuffalo.
(c) None of the above
(d) The other big game hunters.
4. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
5. What does Corbett say plays an important role in our enjoyment of outdoor sports?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The environment.
(c) The element of danger.
(d) The people with you.
Short Answer Questions
1. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
2. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
3. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
4. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
5. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
This section contains 380 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)