|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Corbett is on a tall rock and thinks he sees the man-eater below him, what is he really looking at?
(a) A different tiger.
(b) The sunlight on grass with a dark rock behind.
(c) The dead buffalo.
(d) None of the above.
2. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Clothes found in the stomach of the tiger.
(c) That a man and wife had been killed simultaneously.
(d) Reports from a neighboring region where the younger tiger had killed people.
3. What does Corbett says happens when one has unlimited undisturbed water to fish in?
(a) Even skeptics turn into fishermen.
(b) All the spots start looking the same.
(c) One gets overcritical.
(d) It is easy to be indecisive.
4. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
(a) It is the same.
(b) It is slightly less.
(c) It is much, much, more.
(d) It is slightly more.
5. What lesson does Corbett teach the cub of Pipal Pani?
(a) To be cautious returning to a kill.
(b) Not to approach his back yard.
(c) People are to feared.
(d) How to catch peafowl.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
2. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
3. What interesting information do the people of Mohan give Corbett about the man-eater?
4. Who lost the most cattle to the Pipal Pani tiger?
5. What does Corbett say is more important than the weight of the fish?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)