|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
(a) Being a trophy and reward hunter.
(b) Being short tempered.
(c) Being difficult to work with in the field.
(d) Being keener on photographing animals than killing them.
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) That he is carrying a very light rifle.
(b) His sudden surge of adrenaline and fast reflexes.
(c) The tiger being a man-eater.
(d) Nightjar eggs in his left hand.
3. What animals visit the scene of the missing dead chital?
(a) Two langurs and a leopard.
(b) A leopard and a boar.
(c) A boar and two chital.
(d) A tiger and a langur.
4. What does Corbett thinks killed the buffalo that died but was not killed by the tiger?
(a) A leopard.
(b) A villager hoping to lure the tiger with blood.
(c) A snake.
5. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(b) That the leopard may have moved.
(c) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(d) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett claim to enjoy doing?
2. Who comes to see Corbett nearly as soon as he arrives.
3. When does Robin disappear?
4. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
5. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
This section contains 345 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)