|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Up a tree.
(b) Into a large cluster of rocks.
(c) Into a large lantana bush.
(d) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
2. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
(a) Condition of teeth.
(c) Condition of claws.
3. Why is the killing of the Thak man-eater especially important to the Forest Department?
(a) It was the most prolific killer in history.
(b) Logging was about to start in the area.
(c) It was a densely populated area.
(d) There had been complaints from important people.
4. What is Corbett hoping to do after he sends his men back when he gives up filming?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Catch a fish for his dinner.
(c) Go for a swim.
(d) Get one last glimpse of the python.
5. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(b) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(c) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
(d) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
2. What does Corbett say has altered as much as ladies fashion over the years?
3. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
5. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
This section contains 397 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)