|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was Corbett's best guess at the weight of the fish?
(a) A single pound at most.
(b) Fifteen pounds.
(c) Fifty pounds.
(d) Five pounds.
2. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
(a) That Corbett was invincible.
(b) None of the above.
(c) That Corbett had been killed.
(d) That the tiger was dead or dying.
3. What time of day does Corbett kill the Thak man-eater?
(a) At night.
(b) At the very last light of day.
(c) At the break of dawn.
(d) At noon.
4. What letter is included in the chapter about the Kanda man-eater?
(a) An admittance letter for the young man.
(b) A letter of defeat from a hunter after the tiger.
(c) The resignation of the game warden.
(d) A letter from the people asking Corbett for his help.
5. What does Corbett say has altered as much as ladies fashion over the years?
(a) His excuses to stay out late.
(b) His reasons for loving nature.
(c) The kinds of fish in the river.
(d) Fishing rods and tackle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
2. What does Corbett hear that makes him try a different tactic in his hunt for the Kanda man-eater?
3. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
4. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
5. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)