|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
(a) He knows India can't afford it.
(b) He does not want to be classified as a reward hunter or risk being shot by other hunters.
(c) He feels that people would come to disrespect tigers.
(d) He's afraid it will cause people to try and "make" man-eaters to be killed for reward.
2. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Ate a few bites.
(b) Devoured it.
(c) Left it.
(d) Took it to her cubs.
3. What ailment does Corbett wake up with the first morning in Mohan?
(a) A cough.
(b) A horrible rash.
(c) A fever.
4. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
(a) They heard the tiger and decided to hunt it.
(b) In search of fodder for cattle.
(c) Three women were missing.
(d) To find the young man's father.
5. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that makes the valley Corbett fishes in so pleasant?
(a) The perfume of the flowers.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The mountains nearby.
(d) The abundant wildlife.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
2. What happens to Corbett when he retrieves the fish?
3. Where does Corbett leave the fish after he catches it?
4. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
5. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
This section contains 361 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)