|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
(a) The buffalo gone.
(b) The buffalo half eaten by the tiger.
(c) The buffalo killed by a leopard.
(d) The buffalo killed by lightening.
2. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(d) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
3. What happens to Corbett when he retrieves the fish?
(a) He gets stalked by a python.
(b) He loses his rod and tackle in the fast current.
(c) He slips and loses the fish.
(d) He is jerked headlong into the river.
4. What ailment does Corbett wake up with the first morning in Mohan?
(a) A cough.
(c) A fever.
(d) A horrible rash.
5. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
(a) Broken teeth.
(b) A bullet in his shoulder.
(c) An old hip fracture.
(d) Porcupine quills in his foreleg.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
2. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
3. Who is with Corbett when he shoots the Thak man-eater?
4. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
5. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)