|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She became religious.
(b) She threw up.
(c) She died of a heart attack.
(d) She lost her power of speech.
2. What do the townspeople of Thak decide to do?
(a) Build a fence around their town.
(b) Abandon their town until the man-eater is killed.
(c) Raise mony to pay Corbett.
(d) Enlist the help of a holy man to drive away the tiger spirit.
3. Why is Corbett in a hurry to find the tiger as time moves on?
(a) The contractors are about to arrive with men.
(b) He has promised his family to retire on the 1st.
(c) He knows the tiger is about to move locations.
(d) The tigress is killing many, many people.
4. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) A spirit man protecting the tiger.
(b) Two other large game hunters.
(c) The mayor of the township.
(d) The grandmother of the latest victim.
5. What interesting information do the people of Mohan give Corbett about the man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) It usually kills people while they sleep.
(c) It moves at a sideways angle.
(d) It moans almost all the time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a friend bring to Corbett from the scene where the tiger was shot at night?
2. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
3. What animals visit the scene of the missing dead chital?
4. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
5. What did the Pipal Pani tiger no longer permit after his mate left?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)