|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
(a) A wild shot Corbett made.
(b) The call of Corbett's men on the ridge.
(c) Another tiger arriving.
(d) None of the above.
2. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
(a) The other tiger was the experienced man-eater.
(b) The tiger was attacking for vengeance, not hunger.
(c) The tiger was wounded.
(d) The tiger had depended on the cub to make the kills.
3. What interesting information do the people of Mohan give Corbett about the man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) It usually kills people while they sleep.
(c) It moves at a sideways angle.
(d) It moans almost all the time.
4. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Aggressive and cruel.
(b) Monarch of the forests.
(c) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(d) Instinctual and natural.
5. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(b) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(c) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(d) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
2. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What is Corbett trying to film out in the submontane valley?
4. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
5. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
This section contains 369 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)