|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What ailment does Corbett wake up with the first morning in Mohan?
(b) A fever.
(c) A cough.
(d) A horrible rash.
2. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin's puppies are born.
(b) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(c) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(d) Robin dies.
3. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
(a) Running at full speed.
(b) Riding a water buffalo.
(c) Crawling on his stomach.
(d) Crashing blindly through the underbrush.
4. Which of the following is NOT something that Corbett says can be determined by examining a tiger's scratchmarks?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The direction it was heading.
(c) Whether the animal has recently eaten human flesh.
5. When does the Kanda tiger stalk and prepare to hunt the men from the village?
(a) When they are traveling out of town.
(b) When they sit to rest at the edge of the village.
(c) When they are bringing buffalo for Corbett to use as bait.
(d) When they are cutting leaves from trees for fodder.
Short Answer Questions
1. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
3. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
5. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)