|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Corbett trying to film out in the submontane valley?
(a) A python.
(b) A tigress and her cubs.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A rare butterfly.
2. What does Corbett says happens when one has unlimited undisturbed water to fish in?
(a) One gets overcritical.
(b) It is easy to be indecisive.
(c) Even skeptics turn into fishermen.
(d) All the spots start looking the same.
3. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
(a) In a luxury tourist bungalow.
(b) In the village square comforting the locals.
(c) Up a tree.
(d) None of the above.
4. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
(a) It is best to give the tiger the benefit of the doubt.
(b) The circumstance must be understood.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A post-mortem on the victim is important before assuming the death was caused by a tiger.
5. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
(a) A girl who stayed with her injured companion.
(b) A mother out cutting grass for her cattle.
(c) An injured old lady.
(d) A child who strayed into the forest.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
2. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
3. What does Corbett say he has a great distaste for?
4. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
5. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
This section contains 374 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)