|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The old foe of a renowned hunter.
(b) A tiger of the most unusual color.
(c) The youngest man-eater.
(d) The most sought after big game trophy in the province.
2. What is Corbett hoping to do after he sends his men back when he gives up filming?
(a) Go for a swim.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Get one last glimpse of the python.
(d) Catch a fish for his dinner.
3. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
(a) He uses the venom as poison.
(b) The odor of snake meat is a powerful lure.
(d) To create faith in him from the people of the area.
4. Where does the fish swim to while Corbett watches?
(a) Down stream and out of sight.
(b) A deep pool.
(c) In between two large rocks.
(d) To the other side of the river.
5. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) A spirit man protecting the tiger.
(b) The grandmother of the latest victim.
(c) The mayor of the township.
(d) Two other large game hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
2. What animal does Corbett see and wish he could photograph in the story about the fish of his dreams?
3. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
4. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
5. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
This section contains 387 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)