|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Ate a few bites.
(b) Left it.
(c) Devoured it.
(d) Took it to her cubs.
2. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
(a) A fictional account of heroism.
(b) A story told to him by another big game hunter who witnessed it.
(c) The Kanda man-eater's last victim.
(d) A local legend.
3. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
(a) Near sightedness.
(b) A weak heart.
(c) Hip dysplasia.
(d) A blind eye.
4. What does Corbett see first on the trail as he is stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) The hind foot of the tiger.
(b) The shadow of the tiger.
(c) A bird scurrying away.
(d) The end of the tail of the tiger.
5. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
(b) Go home and return the next day.
(c) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(d) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the father finally find the remains of his son?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
3. Which of the following best characterizes the size of the fish Corbett catches?
4. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
5. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)