|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the tiger leave the base of Corbett's tree?
(a) Corbett fires his rifle and drives it away.
(b) Another tiger calls nearby.
(c) None of the above.
(d) He gets tired of prowling.
2. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Run away.
(b) Fall over and lie still.
(c) Rip a tree to shreds.
(d) Try to attack Corbett.
3. What do Corbett's men deduce when they see the tree Corbett had been in all night and the tiger blood?
(a) That Corbett was invincible.
(b) None of the above.
(c) That the tiger was dead or dying.
(d) That Corbett had been killed.
4. Where does the fish swim to while Corbett watches?
(a) In between two large rocks.
(b) A deep pool.
(c) Down stream and out of sight.
(d) To the other side of the river.
5. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
(a) He comes across him accidentally in the forest.
(b) From other big game hunters who failed to shoot him.
(c) He sees the pugmarks when out walking Robin.
(d) From a dak runner passing his house that saw pugmarks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
2. Why does Corbett give up trying to film his subject?
3. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
4. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
5. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
This section contains 395 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)