|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett stop and rest just as he is approaching where he thinks the Kanda man-eater might be?
(a) He has an overwhelming sense of doom.
(b) The view is remarkable.
(c) He wants to listen to the sounds around him.
(d) He doesn't want to maneuver a gun with sweaty hands.
2. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His color.
(b) His intelligence.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His size.
3. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Lying down in the open.
(c) Wedged in between two rocks.
(d) In a tree.
4. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
(a) When he watches the place the tiger left her last victim.
(b) From a ridge the night before his departure.
(c) At a watering hole on his way out of town.
(d) When the tiger circles the village he is in.
5. What does Corbett do when he desperately needs to cough while stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) Leave the area.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Chew some leaves that make his throat numb.
(d) Make bird sounds to clear his throat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
2. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
3. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
4. What does Corbett get distracted admiring as he is inspecting the road?
5. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)