|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say plays an important role in our enjoyment of outdoor sports?
(a) The people with you.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The element of danger.
(d) The environment.
2. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
(c) Condition of teeth.
(d) Condition of claws.
3. What does the father do when he realizes his son is missing?
(a) Send a telegram to Corbett.
(b) Weep uncontrollably.
(c) Searches all night in the wilderness for him.
(d) Gather a group to go on a tiger hunt.
4. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(b) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(c) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(d) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
5. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Lying down in the open.
(b) Wedged in between two rocks.
(c) None of the above.
(d) In a tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
2. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
3. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
4. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
5. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)