|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) The only survivor of a Chowarh tiger attack.
(b) An American hunter.
(c) The first victim of the Chowgarh tiger, an out of town goat herd.
(d) None of the above.
2. How does Corbett decide to continue his pursuit of the man-eater after his unsuccessful first encounter with him?
(a) Keep vigil over the kill.
(b) Stake out another bufallo.
(c) Organize a beat.
(d) Lace the kill with poison.
3. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin dies.
(b) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(c) Robin's puppies are born.
(d) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
4. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
(b) Injuries from a porcupine.
(c) An old gunshot would in her leg.
5. When does Corbett encounter the snake in the pool of water?
(a) On his way into town.
(b) When he goes to get water for tea.
(c) When the villagers realize what he needs.
(d) When he is circling town looking for a man-eater.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is only two or three hundred yards from the Foresters hut where Corbett stays in Mohan?
2. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
3. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
4. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
5. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
This section contains 378 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)