|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
(a) Send for Robin.
(b) Drive monkeys into the area.
(c) Shoot into the bushes with small shotgun shot.
(d) Light a fire that would creep across the area.
2. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(b) Robin's puppies are born.
(c) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(d) Robin dies.
3. What does Corbett say he has a great distaste for?
(b) Going into mountain rivers over his head.
(c) Having an animal get the better of him.
4. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) In a tree.
(b) Lying down in the open.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Wedged in between two rocks.
5. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
(a) He does not want to be classified as a reward hunter or risk being shot by other hunters.
(b) He feels that people would come to disrespect tigers.
(c) He's afraid it will cause people to try and "make" man-eaters to be killed for reward.
(d) He knows India can't afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
2. Who was the first victim of the Mohan Man-eater?
3. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
4. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
5. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)