|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
(a) The other beings of the forest and the wind.
(b) All of the above.
(c) Monkeys and luck.
(d) The wind and a good hunting dog.
2. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) A young tiger that was passing through.
(b) A ghooral that had hurt a little girl.
(c) A leopard that had killed people in another area.
(d) An old leopard that was killing cattle.
3. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) The gun jams and does not fire.
(b) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
(c) They miss the shot.
(d) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
4. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
(a) That he has killed a tiger bare handed.
(b) That on this and other occasions he dressed as a woman to attract the man-eater and killed it with sickle.
(c) That he has killed hundreds of man-eaters.
(d) That he is convinced he is to die killed by a tiger.
5. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(b) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(c) That the leopard had killed him.
(d) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
2. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
3. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
4. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
5. What reason did Corbett find for the tiger in Mohan to have become a man-eater?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)