|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
(b) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
(c) All of the above.
(d) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
2. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
(a) Staking out buffalo as bait.
(b) Watching t
(c) Beating the tiger out of a ravine.
(d) Keeping vigil on the road until the tiger passes.
3. Where does Corbett leave the fish after he catches it?
(a) In water tied to a tree.
(b) Hanging out of otter's reach from a tree branch.
(c) Buried unter some medium sized rocks on the bottom of the river.
(d) Back into the still pool.
4. Why does Corbett chose to travel alone on the roads in the area of a man-eater?
(a) The fear of other people makes him nervous.
(b) It is easy to get careless in a crowd.
(c) More people make more noise.
(d) He feels to responsible for everyone else.
5. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
(a) Send for Robin.
(b) Light a fire that would creep across the area.
(c) Drive monkeys into the area.
(d) Shoot into the bushes with small shotgun shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Corbett hears what he believes are stones falling at night and investigates, what does he find?
2. What brings the tiger to the base of the tree Corbett is sitting in?
3. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
4. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
5. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)