|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(c) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(d) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
2. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
(b) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(c) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(d) Go home and return the next day.
3. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
(b) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(c) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(d) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
4. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
(b) None of the above.
(d) Over four hundred.
5. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) The old foe of a renowned hunter.
(b) The youngest man-eater.
(c) A tiger of the most unusual color.
(d) The most sought after big game trophy in the province.
Short Answer Questions
1. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
2. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
3. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
4. When does Robin disappear?
5. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
This section contains 407 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)