|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
(a) That they only attack at night.
(b) That they do not eat the head, hands, and feet of human victims.
(c) That they prefer to attack a person from the front.
(d) None of the above.
2. What ailment does Corbett wake up with the first morning in Mohan?
(b) A fever.
(c) A cough.
(d) A horrible rash.
3. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) His sudden surge of adrenaline and fast reflexes.
(b) Nightjar eggs in his left hand.
(c) That he is carrying a very light rifle.
(d) The tiger being a man-eater.
4. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) An old leopard that was killing cattle.
(b) A ghooral that had hurt a little girl.
(c) A young tiger that was passing through.
(d) A leopard that had killed people in another area.
5. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
(a) All of the above.
(b) It is best to give the tiger the benefit of the doubt.
(c) A post-mortem on the victim is important before assuming the death was caused by a tiger.
(d) The circumstance must be understood.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
2. What does Corbett realize after reeling in sixty yards of the fishing line?
3. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
4. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
5. What does Corbett says happens when one has unlimited undisturbed water to fish in?
This section contains 401 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)