|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
(a) None of the above.
(b) That they do not eat the head, hands, and feet of human victims.
(c) That they only attack at night.
(d) That they prefer to attack a person from the front.
2. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
(b) He was raised by a tigress.
(c) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
(d) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
3. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
(a) Enlist in the military.
(b) Finish school.
(c) Training as a tour guide.
(d) An seafaring internship.
4. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When all the men open fire.
(b) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
(c) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(d) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
5. What was Corbett's best guess at the weight of the fish?
(a) Fifteen pounds.
(b) A single pound at most.
(c) Five pounds.
(d) Fifty pounds.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
2. What does Corbett says happens when one has unlimited undisturbed water to fish in?
3. Why does Corbett need to kill a snake before hunting a man-eater?
4. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
5. Why does Corbett give up trying to film his subject?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)