|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett give up trying to film his subject?
(a) The tigress gets hostile.
(b) He gets tired.
(c) The light gets bad.
(d) The subject disappears.
2. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
(b) All of the above.
(c) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
(d) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
3. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
(a) Training as a tour guide.
(b) Finish school.
(c) Enlist in the military.
(d) An seafaring internship.
4. What does Corbett hear that makes him try a different tactic in his hunt for the Kanda man-eater?
(a) News of another death in a neighboring town.
(b) The tiger calling.
(c) A langur warning call.
(d) None of the above.
5. What causes the tiger to flee from the kill area in the morning after Corbett's night tree vigil?
(a) Another tiger arriving.
(b) A wild shot Corbett made.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The call of Corbett's men on the ridge.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corbett decide to continue his pursuit of the man-eater after his unsuccessful first encounter with him?
2. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What tale of heroism does Corbett tell?
4. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
5. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
This section contains 350 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)