|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
(a) It is accompanied by a mate.
(b) It is accompanied by a leopard.
(c) It is accompanied by a full grown cub.
(d) It is a mother caring for a young cub.
2. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) Broken teeth from being shot.
(b) Age and arthritis.
(c) An old hip injury.
(d) Congenital deformity.
3. Why did the young man and a group of men venture far from the village?
(a) In search of fodder for cattle.
(b) They heard the tiger and decided to hunt it.
(c) Three women were missing.
(d) To find the young man's father.
4. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Took it to her cubs.
(b) Devoured it.
(c) Left it.
(d) Ate a few bites.
5. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Forest fire.
(b) Poison bait.
(c) Snare traps.
(d) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that Corbett says can be determined by examining a tiger's scratchmarks?
2. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
3. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
4. How does Corbett decide to continue his pursuit of the man-eater after his unsuccessful first encounter with him?
5. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)