|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
(a) A weak heart.
(b) A blind eye.
(c) Near sightedness.
(d) Hip dysplasia.
2. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
(a) In the village square comforting the locals.
(b) Up a tree.
(c) In a luxury tourist bungalow.
(d) None of the above.
3. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
(a) None of the above.
(b) One of the Hindu traditions of disposing of the dead.
(c) The human population is easier prey.
(d) The change in livestock management.
4. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
(a) The buffalo killed by lightening.
(b) The buffalo killed by a leopard.
(c) The buffalo half eaten by the tiger.
(d) The buffalo gone.
5. When Corbett is on a tall rock and thinks he sees the man-eater below him, what is he really looking at?
(a) The sunlight on grass with a dark rock behind.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The dead buffalo.
(d) A different tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
2. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
3. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
4. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
5. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
This section contains 386 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)