|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say is more important than the weight of the fish?
(a) The taking of a life from the river.
(b) The memory of the beautiful place.
(c) The epic battle in order to catch it.
(d) The thrill of the moment.
2. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The first victim of the Chowgarh tiger, an out of town goat herd.
(c) The only survivor of a Chowarh tiger attack.
(d) An American hunter.
3. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
(b) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(c) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(d) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
4. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
(a) Forty two.
(b) Over a thousand.
(c) Four hundred and thirty six.
5. Where does the fish swim to while Corbett watches?
(a) To the other side of the river.
(b) A deep pool.
(c) Down stream and out of sight.
(d) In between two large rocks.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the Kanda tiger stalk and prepare to hunt the men from the village?
2. Which of the following best characterizes the size of the fish Corbett catches?
3. What is Corbett's first strategy to hunt the man-eater of Mohan?
4. When Corbett is on a tall rock and thinks he sees the man-eater below him, what is he really looking at?
5. What does Corbett says happens when one has unlimited undisturbed water to fish in?
This section contains 368 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)