|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does the Kanda tiger stalk and prepare to hunt the men from the village?
(a) When they are cutting leaves from trees for fodder.
(b) When they sit to rest at the edge of the village.
(c) When they are traveling out of town.
(d) When they are bringing buffalo for Corbett to use as bait.
2. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
(a) Running at full speed.
(b) Riding a water buffalo.
(c) Crawling on his stomach.
(d) Crashing blindly through the underbrush.
3. What does Corbett discover the morning after the storm when he checks on the first buffalo he staked out in hopes of luring the Mohan man-eater?
(a) The buffalo gone.
(b) The buffalo killed by lightening.
(c) The buffalo killed by a leopard.
(d) The buffalo half eaten by the tiger.
4. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
(a) The time Robin saved his life.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The time Robin faced down a leopard.
(d) The one time Robin left him in a tight corner.
5. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
(a) Furiously pounding the bush to drive the tiger away.
(b) In abject terror and locked in their homes.
(c) In a town meeting deciding what to do about the tiger.
(d) Loading up their belongings to leave.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
2. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. What does Corbett do when he desperately needs to cough while stalking the man-eater of Mohan?
4. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
5. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)