|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What had the young man in the story just completed when he goes to leave some things at home?
(a) An seafaring internship.
(b) Training as a tour guide.
(c) Enlist in the military.
(d) Finish school.
2. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(b) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(c) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(d) None of the above.
3. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) Two days later.
(b) Late that afternoon.
(c) Just agout an hour later.
(d) At dawn the next morning.
4. What does Corbett says happens when one has unlimited undisturbed water to fish in?
(a) Even skeptics turn into fishermen.
(b) One gets overcritical.
(c) It is easy to be indecisive.
(d) All the spots start looking the same.
5. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
(a) It is best to give the tiger the benefit of the doubt.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The circumstance must be understood.
(d) A post-mortem on the victim is important before assuming the death was caused by a tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
2. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
3. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
4. Which of the following best characterizes the size of the fish Corbett catches?
5. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)