|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, The Kanda Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
(a) From a ridge the night before his departure.
(b) When he watches the place the tiger left her last victim.
(c) At a watering hole on his way out of town.
(d) When the tiger circles the village he is in.
2. What is only two or three hundred yards from the Foresters hut where Corbett stays in Mohan?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A tree where the tiger had killed just days before.
(c) A village.
(d) A hunters lookout.
3. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Tie Robin to a tree.
(b) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
(c) Make a plan with the other men.
(d) Clean his rifle.
4. Why does Corbett chose to travel alone on the roads in the area of a man-eater?
(a) More people make more noise.
(b) The fear of other people makes him nervous.
(c) It is easy to get careless in a crowd.
(d) He feels to responsible for everyone else.
5. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
(a) The change in livestock management.
(b) The human population is easier prey.
(c) None of the above.
(d) One of the Hindu traditions of disposing of the dead.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Corbett stop and talk to on the train into the Mohan forest bungalow?
2. What was Corbett's best guess at the weight of the fish?
3. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
4. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
5. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
This section contains 385 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)