|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
(b) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(c) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(d) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
2. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
(a) Crawling on his stomach.
(b) Riding a water buffalo.
(c) Crashing blindly through the underbrush.
(d) Running at full speed.
3. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Monarch of the forests.
(b) Aggressive and cruel.
(c) Instinctual and natural.
(d) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
4. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Stalking a young girl.
(b) Fighting over part of a kill.
(c) Wrestling together.
(d) Sleeping in the sunshine.
5. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
(b) The gun jams and does not fire.
(c) They miss the shot.
(d) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
2. When does Robin disappear?
3. How does Corbett learn of the location of the Bachelor of Powalgarh when he starts to pursue him?
4. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
5. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)