|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Corbett's overwhelming feeling immediately after he gets his first shot at the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
2. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
(b) Injuries from a porcupine.
(c) An old gunshot would in her leg.
3. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Shouting from high places.
(c) A serious of cables for messages.
4. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) Age and arthritis.
(b) Broken teeth from being shot.
(c) An old hip injury.
(d) Congenital deformity.
5. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That the leopard may have moved.
(b) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(c) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(d) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
2. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
3. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
4. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
5. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)