|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) While hunting a man-eater in a neighboring province.
(b) After many days of stalking him.
(c) From the window of a train.
(d) In a beautiful glade near his home.
2. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) They will automatically become man-eaters.
(b) They usually die young.
(c) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(d) They are especially aggressive.
3. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
(b) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(c) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(d) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
4. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(b) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(c) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(d) None of the above.
5. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
(a) A fine male leopard.
(b) The Chowgarh man-eater.
(c) A young tiger looking for territory.
(d) A bear.
Short Answer Questions
1. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
2. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
3. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
4. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
5. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)