|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
(a) A group of women cutting grass.
(b) A man and his buffalos.
(c) Two big game hunters who ran out of ammunition.
(d) The dak runner.
2. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) His intelligence.
(b) His size.
(c) His teeth.
(d) His color.
3. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
(a) In a luxury tourist bungalow.
(b) In the village square comforting the locals.
(c) Up a tree.
(d) None of the above.
4. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
(a) She is left in the square where the tiger kills her that night.
(b) She dies minutes later.
(c) She heals.
(d) She dies weeks later of infection.
5. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
(a) A person entering the tiger's territory.
(b) A tigress with small cubs.
(c) A wounded tiger.
(d) A tiger on a fresh kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
2. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
3. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
4. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
5. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
This section contains 343 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)