|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
(a) The one on that makes the hair on the back of his leg stand up.
(b) The twitching of his left ear.
(c) None of the above.
2. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
(a) None of the above.
(b) In the village square comforting the locals.
(c) In a luxury tourist bungalow.
(d) Up a tree.
3. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(b) Go home and return the next day.
(c) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(d) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
4. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
(b) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
(c) All of the above.
(d) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
5. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
(a) A large rock.
(b) A shot to the head.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) An axe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
2. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
3. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
4. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
5. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)