|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
(b) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(c) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(d) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
2. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When all the men open fire.
(b) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(c) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
(d) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
3. Who does Corbett go fetch to help him retrieve the body of the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) None of the above
(b) His sister and a party of twenty men.
(c) The other big game hunters.
(d) The owner of the water fuffalo.
4. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Ambush the tiger at a water hole.
(b) Dress as woman working in the field.
(c) Take only a light manueverable rifle.
(d) Lure the tiger to him.
5. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) A ghooral that had hurt a little girl.
(b) A leopard that had killed people in another area.
(c) An old leopard that was killing cattle.
(d) A young tiger that was passing through.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
2. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
3. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
4. What does Corbett unsuccessfully do to try and locate the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh in dense bushes?
5. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)