|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) A cow killed by a leopard.
(b) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
(c) No information that could explain what happened.
(d) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
2. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Go home and return the next day.
(b) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(c) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(d) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
3. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
(b) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(c) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(d) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
4. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Fighting over part of a kill.
(b) Sleeping in the sunshine.
(c) Wrestling together.
(d) Stalking a young girl.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
2. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
3. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
4. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
5. Whose home does Corbett see when traveling from town to town in pursuit of the Chowgarh man-eater?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)