|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(b) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(c) That the leopard had killed him.
(d) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
2. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(b) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(c) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(d) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
3. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Monarch of the forests.
(b) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(c) Aggressive and cruel.
(d) Instinctual and natural.
4. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) An old hip injury.
(b) Broken teeth from being shot.
(c) Congenital deformity.
(d) Age and arthritis.
5. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
(a) A leg from below the knee.
(b) A sari.
(c) All of the above.
(d) A blue necklace.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
2. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
3. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
4. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
5. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)