|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whose aid does Corbett unsuccessfully enlist to find the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) A small herd of water buffalo.
(b) A band of monkeys.
(c) The other big game hunters after him.
(d) All of his men.
2. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
(a) That they prefer to attack a person from the front.
(b) That they do not eat the head, hands, and feet of human victims.
(c) That they only attack at night.
(d) None of the above.
3. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
(b) Go home and return the next day.
(c) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(d) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
4. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Her second victim.
(b) Her first victim.
(c) Only after her cubs were grown.
(d) Her third victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
2. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
3. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
4. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
5. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)