|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
(a) He's afraid it will cause people to try and "make" man-eaters to be killed for reward.
(b) He does not want to be classified as a reward hunter or risk being shot by other hunters.
(c) He feels that people would come to disrespect tigers.
(d) He knows India can't afford it.
2. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Clothes found in the stomach of the tiger.
(c) That a man and wife had been killed simultaneously.
(d) Reports from a neighboring region where the younger tiger had killed people.
3. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Try to attack Corbett.
(b) Rip a tree to shreds.
(c) Fall over and lie still.
(d) Run away.
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(b) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(c) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(d) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
5. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(b) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(c) None of the above.
(d) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
2. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
3. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
4. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
5. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)