|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
(b) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
(c) He was raised by a tigress.
(d) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
2. What other animal does Corbett almost kill while hunting for the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) A young tiger that was passing through.
(b) A leopard that had killed people in another area.
(c) A ghooral that had hurt a little girl.
(d) An old leopard that was killing cattle.
3. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) Late that afternoon.
(b) Just agout an hour later.
(c) At dawn the next morning.
(d) Two days later.
4. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
(a) The second tiger circling the village and calling.
(b) A violent storm.
(c) News of another person killed by the tiger.
(d) The villagers celebrating the death of the tiger.
5. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) A second leopard showed up.
(b) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(c) The leopard is alive and moving.
(d) The leopard is near death.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
2. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
3. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
4. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
5. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
This section contains 450 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)