|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They smell.
(b) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(c) The tigers often have bald spots.
(d) They have all been remarkably fine.
2. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
(a) She dies minutes later.
(b) She dies weeks later of infection.
(c) She is left in the square where the tiger kills her that night.
(d) She heals.
3. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
(b) Go home and return the next day.
(c) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(d) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
4. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) Leopards are remarkably hard to track.
(b) Leopards are easier to catch directly after a kill.
(c) Leopards are more fond of human flesh than tigers.
(d) Because they are unafraid of people, tigers are easier to kill.
5. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) They miss the shot.
(b) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
(c) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
(d) The gun jams and does not fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
2. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
3. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
4. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
5. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
This section contains 405 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)