|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Her third victim.
(b) Her first victim.
(c) Her second victim.
(d) Only after her cubs were grown.
2. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(a) His saddle and gun.
(b) Thorn bushes.
(d) A weaving loom.
3. When Corbett finally overtakes the wounded Bachelor of Powalgarh, how is he moving through the forest?
(a) Riding a water buffalo.
(b) Crashing blindly through the underbrush.
(c) Crawling on his stomach.
(d) Running at full speed.
4. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Instinctual and natural.
(b) Monarch of the forests.
(c) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(d) Aggressive and cruel.
5. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
(b) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
(c) He was raised by a tigress.
(d) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
2. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
3. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
4. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
5. Who is being threatened by the Bachelor of Powalgarh when Corbett comes across them?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)