|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Fighting over part of a kill.
(b) Stalking a young girl.
(c) Wrestling together.
(d) Sleeping in the sunshine.
2. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
(a) One of the Hindu traditions of disposing of the dead.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The human population is easier prey.
(d) The change in livestock management.
3. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(b) It is getting close to dark.
(c) He needs more men.
(d) He needs to get Robin.
4. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They smell.
(b) They have all been remarkably fine.
(c) They have a tendency to be mangy.
(d) The tigers often have bald spots.
5. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Only after her cubs were grown.
(b) Her third victim.
(c) Her first victim.
(d) Her second victim.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
2. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
3. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
4. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
5. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 312 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)