|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
(a) The human population is easier prey.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The change in livestock management.
(d) One of the Hindu traditions of disposing of the dead.
2. How does the length of the Bachelor of Powalgarh measured by Corbett and his sister compare to the estimates of others who had seen him years before?
(a) It is much, much, more.
(b) It is slightly less.
(c) It is slightly more.
(d) It is the same.
3. What does the Bachelor of Powalgarh do after Corbett fires his first shot at him?
(a) Rip a tree to shreds.
(b) Try to attack Corbett.
(c) Fall over and lie still.
(d) Run away.
4. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
(a) A leg from below the knee.
(b) A blue necklace.
(c) A sari.
(d) All of the above.
5. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin dies.
(b) Robin's puppies are born.
(c) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(d) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
2. Which of the following is NOT something that a tiger depends on for the success of its attack when killing its prey?
3. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
4. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What is Robin's pedigree?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)