|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
(b) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(c) No information that could explain what happened.
(d) A cow killed by a leopard.
2. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
(a) That they do not eat the head, hands, and feet of human victims.
(b) None of the above.
(c) That they only attack at night.
(d) That they prefer to attack a person from the front.
3. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
(a) None of the above.
(b) In the village square comforting the locals.
(c) In a luxury tourist bungalow.
(d) Up a tree.
4. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
(b) Clean his rifle.
(c) Make a plan with the other men.
(d) Tie Robin to a tree.
5. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
Short Answer Questions
1. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
2. Which of the following best characterizes the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
4. When does Robin disappear?
5. When Robin backs away from the clerodendron bush, what does Corbett know this means?
This section contains 359 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)