|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What reputation does Corbett admit to having earned?
(a) Being a trophy and reward hunter.
(b) Being short tempered.
(c) Being keener on photographing animals than killing them.
(d) Being difficult to work with in the field.
2. Where does Corbett wait for the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
(a) Wedged in between two rocks.
(b) Lying down in the open.
(c) In a tree.
(d) None of the above.
3. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) Congenital deformity.
(b) An old hip injury.
(c) Age and arthritis.
(d) Broken teeth from being shot.
4. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) At dawn the next morning.
(b) Late that afternoon.
(c) Two days later.
(d) Just agout an hour later.
5. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
(a) At a watering hole on his way out of town.
(b) When he watches the place the tiger left her last victim.
(c) When the tiger circles the village he is in.
(d) From a ridge the night before his departure.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
2. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
3. What does Corbett decide to do when stalking the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
4. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. Where does Corbett first see the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)