|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
(a) She tries to hang onto the tiger as it leaves with its prey.
(b) She clubs the tiger with a branch.
(c) She grabs her sister's baby from the hands of the woman as she is drug off.
(d) She runs after the tiger for a hundred yards yelling at it to let her sister go and take her instead.
2. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
(b) The gun jams and does not fire.
(c) They miss the shot.
(d) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
3. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
(a) The circumstance must be understood.
(b) A post-mortem on the victim is important before assuming the death was caused by a tiger.
(c) All of the above.
(d) It is best to give the tiger the benefit of the doubt.
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(b) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(c) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(d) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
5. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
(a) The only one left.
(b) The largest and most aggressive.
(c) The only one with no white on him.
(d) The smallest and thinnest.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
2. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
3. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
4. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
5. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)