|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, The Bachelor of Powalgarh.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
(a) That they do not eat the head, hands, and feet of human victims.
(b) None of the above.
(c) That they only attack at night.
(d) That they prefer to attack a person from the front.
2. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
3. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
(a) When he watches the place the tiger left her last victim.
(b) From a ridge the night before his departure.
(c) At a watering hole on his way out of town.
(d) When the tiger circles the village he is in.
4. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) Imported English hound.
(b) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
(c) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
(d) None of the above.
5. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
(a) When people start to work in their territory.
(b) When they are compelled to through stress of circumstance.
(c) When their diet is low in salt.
(d) After they have been shot at by hunters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
2. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
3. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
4. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
5. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)