|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That the leopard had killed him.
(b) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(c) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(d) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
2. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
(a) She runs after the tiger for a hundred yards yelling at it to let her sister go and take her instead.
(b) She grabs her sister's baby from the hands of the woman as she is drug off.
(c) She clubs the tiger with a branch.
(d) She tries to hang onto the tiger as it leaves with its prey.
3. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Up a tree.
(c) In the village square comforting the locals.
(d) In a luxury tourist bungalow.
4. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Forest fire.
(b) Snare traps.
(c) Poison bait.
(d) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
5. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
(a) A tigress with small cubs.
(b) A tiger on a fresh kill.
(c) A person entering the tiger's territory.
(d) A wounded tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
2. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
3. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
4. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
5. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)