|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
(a) That it is technology, and not nature, that makes us strong.
(b) That we have no sense of smell.
(c) That we fight to preserve every one of our species.
(d) That we stalk them too.
2. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Tie Robin to a tree.
(b) Make a plan with the other men.
(c) Clean his rifle.
(d) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
3. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(b) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(c) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(d) None of the above.
4. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
(a) An axe.
(b) A shot to the head.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A large rock.
5. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
(a) All of the above.
(b) The supply of natural food in the area.
(c) The nature of any disability it has.
(d) Whether it is a male or female with cubs.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
2. When does Robin disappear?
3. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
4. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
5. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
This section contains 402 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)