|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Fighting over part of a kill.
(b) Sleeping in the sunshine.
(c) Wrestling together.
(d) Stalking a young girl.
2. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) It is getting close to dark.
(b) He needs more men.
(c) He needs to get Robin.
(d) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
3. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
(a) It is a mother caring for a young cub.
(b) It is accompanied by a full grown cub.
(c) It is accompanied by a mate.
(d) It is accompanied by a leopard.
4. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
(a) Reports from a neighboring region where the younger tiger had killed people.
(b) None of the above.
(c) That a man and wife had been killed simultaneously.
(d) Clothes found in the stomach of the tiger.
5. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(b) Forest fire.
(c) Snare traps.
(d) Poison bait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
2. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
3. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
4. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
5. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
This section contains 400 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)