|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
(b) The one on that makes the hair on the back of his leg stand up.
(c) The twitching of his left ear.
(d) None of the above.
2. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(b) That the leopard may have moved.
(c) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(d) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
3. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(b) Robin dies.
(c) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(d) Robin's puppies are born.
4. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
(a) The tiger was wounded.
(b) The tiger had depended on the cub to make the kills.
(c) The other tiger was the experienced man-eater.
(d) The tiger was attacking for vengeance, not hunger.
5. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Go home and return the next day.
(b) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(c) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
(d) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
2. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
3. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
4. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
5. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
This section contains 454 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)