|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He was raised by a tigress.
(b) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
(c) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
(d) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
2. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(b) An old gunshot would in her leg.
(c) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
(d) Injuries from a porcupine.
3. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Tie Robin to a tree.
(b) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
(c) Make a plan with the other men.
(d) Clean his rifle.
4. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) None of the above.
(b) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(c) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(d) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
5. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(b) Thorn bushes.
(c) His saddle and gun.
(d) A weaving loom.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
2. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
3. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
4. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
5. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
This section contains 432 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)