|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He needs more men.
(b) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(c) He needs to get Robin.
(d) It is getting close to dark.
2. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
(a) When the tiger circles the village he is in.
(b) When he watches the place the tiger left her last victim.
(c) From a ridge the night before his departure.
(d) At a watering hole on his way out of town.
3. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
(a) Pulled her off a path from the next village.
(b) Pulled her down by a foot while she was climbing out of a tree.
(c) Snuck into her house and drug her away at night.
(d) Jumped on her while she was cutting grass.
4. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(b) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(c) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(d) That the leopard had killed him.
5. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
(a) Hip dysplasia.
(b) A blind eye.
(c) Near sightedness.
(d) A weak heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
2. What keeps the exhausted Corbett awake when he finally returns to town after killing the first tiger?
3. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
4. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
5. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)