|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
(a) He does not want to be classified as a reward hunter or risk being shot by other hunters.
(b) He's afraid it will cause people to try and "make" man-eaters to be killed for reward.
(c) He knows India can't afford it.
(d) He feels that people would come to disrespect tigers.
2. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
(b) The gun jams and does not fire.
(c) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
(d) They miss the shot.
3. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(a) His saddle and gun.
(b) Thorn bushes.
(c) A weaving loom.
4. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
(a) None of the above.
(d) Over four hundred.
5. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(b) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(c) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(d) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
2. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
3. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
4. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
5. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
This section contains 384 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)