|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(b) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(c) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(d) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
2. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) The gun jams and does not fire.
(b) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
(c) They miss the shot.
(d) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
3. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Monarch of the forests.
(b) Instinctual and natural.
(c) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(d) Aggressive and cruel.
4. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
(a) That they prefer to attack a person from the front.
(b) That they only attack at night.
(c) None of the above.
(d) That they do not eat the head, hands, and feet of human victims.
5. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
(a) That there is another story "beyond the laws of nature" to tell of it.
(b) It was so uncomfortable he considered spending the night in the forest.
(c) It was the only safe place for miles.
(d) It was perfectly situated to see the valley below.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
2. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
3. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
4. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
5. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)