|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say plays an important part in the sport of hunting man-eaters?
(a) Monkeys and luck.
(b) The wind and a good hunting dog.
(c) The other beings of the forest and the wind.
(d) All of the above.
2. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(b) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(c) None of the above.
(d) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
3. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Wrestling together.
(b) Sleeping in the sunshine.
(c) Stalking a young girl.
(d) Fighting over part of a kill.
4. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) They are especially aggressive.
(b) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(c) They usually die young.
(d) They will automatically become man-eaters.
5. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(a) His saddle and gun.
(b) A weaving loom.
(d) Thorn bushes.
Short Answer Questions
1. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
2. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
3. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
4. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
5. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)