|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
(a) A serious of cables for messages.
(c) Shouting from high places.
(d) None of the above.
2. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) Two days later.
(b) Just agout an hour later.
(c) At dawn the next morning.
(d) Late that afternoon.
3. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He needs to get Robin.
(b) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(c) He needs more men.
(d) It is getting close to dark.
4. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
(a) The tiger had depended on the cub to make the kills.
(b) The other tiger was the experienced man-eater.
(c) The tiger was wounded.
(d) The tiger was attacking for vengeance, not hunger.
5. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He was raised by a tigress.
(b) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
(c) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
(d) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
2. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
3. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
4. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
5. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)