|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He was raised by a tigress.
(b) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
(c) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
(d) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
2. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That the leopard may have moved.
(b) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(c) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(d) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
3. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
(a) When their diet is low in salt.
(b) After they have been shot at by hunters.
(c) When they are compelled to through stress of circumstance.
(d) When people start to work in their territory.
4. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
(a) Forty two.
(b) Over a thousand.
(d) Four hundred and thirty six.
5. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(b) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
(c) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
(d) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
Short Answer Questions
1. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
2. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
3. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
4. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
5. What establishes the fact that the first of the Chowgrarh tigers Corbett kills is also a man-eater?
This section contains 392 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)