|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(b) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
(c) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
(d) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
2. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) They will automatically become man-eaters.
(b) They are especially aggressive.
(c) They usually die young.
(d) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
3. What are the Chowgarh tigers doing when Corbett first sees them?
(a) Wrestling together.
(b) Stalking a young girl.
(c) Fighting over part of a kill.
(d) Sleeping in the sunshine.
4. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
(a) None of the above.
(c) Over four hundred.
5. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin dies.
(b) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(c) Robin's puppies are born.
(d) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
2. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
3. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
4. What had killed the cow that Corbett investigates when looking for the Chowgarh man-eater?
5. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
This section contains 332 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)