|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) The leopards eat less of the victim.
(b) None of the above.
(c) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
(d) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
2. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
(a) The only one left.
(b) The smallest and thinnest.
(c) The largest and most aggressive.
(d) The only one with no white on him.
3. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(b) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(c) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
(d) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
4. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) The gun jams and does not fire.
(b) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
(c) They miss the shot.
(d) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
5. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(b) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
(c) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(d) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
2. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
3. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
4. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
5. What does Corbett says tigers do not know about people?
This section contains 391 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)