|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett deduce from the two wounded women that returned home after being attacked by the Chowgarh tiger?
(a) The other tiger was the experienced man-eater.
(b) The tiger had depended on the cub to make the kills.
(c) The tiger was attacking for vengeance, not hunger.
(d) The tiger was wounded.
2. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(c) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(d) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
3. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
(a) The only one left.
(b) The only one with no white on him.
(c) The smallest and thinnest.
(d) The largest and most aggressive.
4. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin's puppies are born.
(b) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
(c) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(d) Robin dies.
5. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(b) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(c) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(d) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
2. Which of the following is NOT one of the things that Corbett says worked to his advantage when he finally came face to face with the Chowgarh man-eater?
3. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
4. What is Robin's pedigree?
5. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
This section contains 389 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)