|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is the last chance Corbett has to get a shot at the man-eater of Chowgarh on his first visit?
(a) From a ridge the night before his departure.
(b) When the tiger circles the village he is in.
(c) At a watering hole on his way out of town.
(d) When he watches the place the tiger left her last victim.
2. What does Corbett finally kill the bear they chase with?
(a) A large rock.
(b) An axe.
(c) A hunting knife.
(d) A shot to the head.
3. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
(b) All of the above.
(c) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
(d) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
4. Why do the Vivians miss their opportunity to kill the man-eater of Chowgarh?
(a) In the murky light they mistake it for a bear.
(b) The man-eater senses their presence and stays hidden.
(c) The gun jams and does not fire.
(d) They miss the shot.
5. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) They usually die young.
(b) They will automatically become man-eaters.
(c) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(d) They are especially aggressive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
2. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
3. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
4. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
5. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)