|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett learn about the Chowgrarh tiger at the first village?
(a) It is a mother caring for a young cub.
(b) It is accompanied by a leopard.
(c) It is accompanied by a full grown cub.
(d) It is accompanied by a mate.
2. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(b) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
(c) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(d) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
3. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(b) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(c) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(d) That the leopard had killed him.
4. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) The grandmother of the latest victim.
(b) A spirit man protecting the tiger.
(c) Two other large game hunters.
(d) The mayor of the township.
5. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Forest fire.
(b) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(c) Snare traps.
(d) Poison bait.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
2. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
3. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
4. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
5. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
This section contains 346 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)