|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
(a) All of the above.
(b) A sari.
(c) A leg from below the knee.
(d) A blue necklace.
2. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(b) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(c) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(d) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
3. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
(b) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(c) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
(d) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
4. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
(a) The only one left.
(b) The largest and most aggressive.
(c) The only one with no white on him.
(d) The smallest and thinnest.
5. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
(b) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(c) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(d) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
2. What happens to the girl the Chowgarh man-eater leaves wounded?
3. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
4. Where does Corbett spend his first night in pursuit of the Chowgrarh tiger?
5. How is inter village communication maintained during the time of the Chowgarh tiger when the paths are too dangerous to use?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)