|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3, The Chowgarh Tigers.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
(a) Two days later.
(b) At dawn the next morning.
(c) Late that afternoon.
(d) Just agout an hour later.
2. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(b) Robin dies.
(c) Robin's puppies are born.
(d) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
3. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
(b) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
(c) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
(d) He was raised by a tigress.
4. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
(b) Into a large cluster of rocks.
(c) Into a large lantana bush.
(d) Up a tree.
5. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She lost her power of speech.
(b) She became religious.
(c) She died of a heart attack.
(d) She threw up.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
2. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
3. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
4. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
5. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)