|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(b) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(c) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(d) None of the above.
2. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(b) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
(c) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(d) That the leopard had killed him.
3. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
(a) No information that could explain what happened.
(b) A cow killed by a leopard.
(c) Evidence that it was the man-eater tigress.
(d) Indication it was one of the man-eater tigress's cubs.
4. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The time Robin saved his life.
(c) The time Robin faced down a leopard.
(d) The one time Robin left him in a tight corner.
5. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(b) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(c) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(d) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say about assuming a tiger is a man-eater?
2. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
3. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
4. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
5. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
This section contains 457 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)