|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
(a) Thorn bushes.
(b) A weaving loom.
(d) His saddle and gun.
2. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
(a) A blue necklace.
(b) A sari.
(c) A leg from below the knee.
(d) All of the above.
3. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(b) Monarch of the forests.
(c) Aggressive and cruel.
(d) Instinctual and natural.
4. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(b) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
(c) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(d) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
5. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
(b) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
(c) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(d) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
2. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
3. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
4. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
5. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)