|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) Imported English hound.
(b) None of the above.
(c) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
(d) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
2. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(b) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(c) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
(d) Go home and return the next day.
3. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) It is getting close to dark.
(b) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
(c) He needs to get Robin.
(d) He needs more men.
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
(b) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(c) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(d) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
5. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) They usually die young.
(b) They are especially aggressive.
(c) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(d) They will automatically become man-eaters.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
2. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
3. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
4. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
5. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
This section contains 372 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)