|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They have all been remarkably fine.
(b) They smell.
(c) The tigers often have bald spots.
(d) They have a tendency to be mangy.
2. What does Corbett decide to do before following the blood trail from the leopard?
(a) Clean his rifle.
(b) Make a plan with the other men.
(c) Tie Robin to a tree.
(d) Listen to the jungle sounds to see what he could tell about the leopard.
3. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(b) Poison bait.
(c) Snare traps.
(d) Forest fire.
4. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Took it to her cubs.
(b) Ate a few bites.
(c) Left it.
(d) Devoured it.
5. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Monarch of the forests.
(b) Aggressive and cruel.
(c) Instinctual and natural.
(d) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
2. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
3. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
4. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
5. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
This section contains 388 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)