|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
(a) She became religious.
(b) She lost her power of speech.
(c) She threw up.
(d) She died of a heart attack.
2. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) Broken teeth from being shot.
(b) Congenital deformity.
(c) An old hip injury.
(d) Age and arthritis.
3. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
(a) The nature of any disability it has.
(b) The supply of natural food in the area.
(c) Whether it is a male or female with cubs.
(d) All of the above.
4. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
(a) She tries to hang onto the tiger as it leaves with its prey.
(b) She grabs her sister's baby from the hands of the woman as she is drug off.
(c) She runs after the tiger for a hundred yards yelling at it to let her sister go and take her instead.
(d) She clubs the tiger with a branch.
5. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Snare traps.
(b) Poison bait.
(c) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(d) Forest fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
2. What story does Corbett tell of Robin?
3. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
4. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
5. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)