|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
(a) He knows India can't afford it.
(b) He's afraid it will cause people to try and "make" man-eaters to be killed for reward.
(c) He does not want to be classified as a reward hunter or risk being shot by other hunters.
(d) He feels that people would come to disrespect tigers.
2. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
(a) None of the above.
(c) Over four hundred.
3. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
(b) The leopards eat less of the victim.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
4. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
(a) A person entering the tiger's territory.
(b) A tigress with small cubs.
(c) A wounded tiger.
(d) A tiger on a fresh kill.
5. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Her third victim.
(b) Her first victim.
(c) Her second victim.
(d) Only after her cubs were grown.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
2. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
3. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
4. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
5. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)