|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
(a) None of the above.
(b) The human population is easier prey.
(c) One of the Hindu traditions of disposing of the dead.
(d) The change in livestock management.
2. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Aggressive and cruel.
(b) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(c) Instinctual and natural.
(d) Monarch of the forests.
3. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Forest fire.
(b) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
(c) Poison bait.
(d) Snare traps.
4. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
(a) Outside alone watching the road while his men were safe in a room.
(b) Barricaded in a house with everyone else.
(c) Trying to re-assure the villagers.
(d) Helping the townspeople search for the tiger.
5. What difference is there between the kills of man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) The leopards eat less of the victim.
(b) The tigers kill during the day and the leopards at night.
(c) None of the above.
(d) The tigers remove their victims from the kill site.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
2. What does Corbet wedge into his door to get ventilation but keep the tiger out?
3. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
4. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
5. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
This section contains 340 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)