|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
(b) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
(c) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
(d) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
2. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(b) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(c) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
(d) That the leopard may have moved.
3. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
(a) The nature of any disability it has.
(b) All of the above.
(c) The supply of natural food in the area.
(d) Whether it is a male or female with cubs.
4. What did the tigress of Muktesar do with the first person she killed?
(a) Left it.
(b) Devoured it.
(c) Took it to her cubs.
(d) Ate a few bites.
5. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
(a) When they are compelled to through stress of circumstance.
(b) After they have been shot at by hunters.
(c) When people start to work in their territory.
(d) When their diet is low in salt.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
2. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
3. When does Corbett return to the spot where he shot the leopard?
4. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
5. How does Corbet spend the first night in Pali?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)