|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
(a) He sends Robin first to scare him out of cover.
(b) Creeping toward him in the cover of a fallen log.
(c) With all the men in long line moving forward together.
(d) He circles around him, spiraling inward.
2. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(b) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(c) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
(d) None of the above.
3. What happens while Corbett is writing the story about Robin?
(a) Robin dies.
(b) Corbett finds some old pictures of Robin.
(c) Robin's puppies are born.
(d) Robin begs and begs to go out hunting.
4. What drove the tigress of Muktesar to start eating human flesh?
(a) A woman cutting grass near her lair.
(b) Injuries from a porcupine.
(d) An old gunshot would in her leg.
5. What does Corbett say he has noted about the coats of man-eaters?
(a) They have all been remarkably fine.
(b) The tigers often have bald spots.
(c) They smell.
(d) They have a tendency to be mangy.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
2. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
3. What affect did the tiger turning on her have on the sister that pursued it?
4. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
5. What does Corbett find from the little girl the tigress of Champawat carried off?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)