|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
(a) The only one with no white on him.
(b) The largest and most aggressive.
(c) The only one left.
(d) The smallest and thinnest.
2. When does Robin disappear?
(a) When they can hear the leopard charging at them but can't see it.
(b) When the leopard swats him with a paw.
(c) When all the men open fire.
(d) When all the other dogs swarm the leopard.
3. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) He needs more men.
(b) It is getting close to dark.
(c) He needs to get Robin.
(d) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
4. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
(a) Poison bait.
(b) Snare traps.
(c) Forest fire.
(d) A beat to drive her down a narrow gorge.
5. What conclusion does Corbett draw from differences between man-eating tigers and man-eating leopards?
(a) Leopards are remarkably hard to track.
(b) Leopards are easier to catch directly after a kill.
(c) Leopards are more fond of human flesh than tigers.
(d) Because they are unafraid of people, tigers are easier to kill.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Corbett choose to approach the leopard?
2. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
3. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
4. How had the Champawat tigress killed the last victim prior to Corbett's arrival?
5. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
This section contains 408 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)