|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
(a) That the leopard may be suffering greatly.
(b) That so many gunshots would ruin the skin.
(c) That the leopard may have moved.
(d) That someone else had come and killed and taken the leopard.
2. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(b) They are especially aggressive.
(c) They will automatically become man-eaters.
(d) They usually die young.
3. What was the total number of people the tigress of Muktesar ended up killing?
(a) None of the above.
(b) Over four hundred.
4. Why does Corbett decide to go home after wounding the leopard?
(a) It is getting close to dark.
(b) He needs to get Robin.
(c) He needs more men.
(d) He thinks the leopard would die shortly.
5. What do Corbett and Robin do when the leopard is so inaccessible?
(a) Shoot where the leopard is likely to be in hopes of hitting it or driving it out.
(b) Go home and return the next day.
(c) Climb a nearby tree and out wait the leopard.
(d) Have a group of men beat the leopard out for them.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
2. What does Corbett find when he goes to investigate a report of a tiger killing a cow in a village near to Champawat?
3. Who was Robin amongst the litter?
4. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
5. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
This section contains 435 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)