|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Robin's pedigree?
(a) None of the above.
(b) A well known and respected line of working dogs.
(c) Son of a legendary Indian hunting dog.
(d) Imported English hound.
2. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
(a) They usually die young.
(b) They are especially aggressive.
(c) He has never seen them become man-eaters.
(d) They will automatically become man-eaters.
3. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
(a) Up a tree.
(b) Into a large cluster of rocks.
(c) Into a large lantana bush.
(d) Into a dense, nearly impassable part of the forest.
4. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(b) None of the above.
(c) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(d) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
5. What does Corbett worry about when he sees Robin missing?
(a) That Robin was scared of gunfire.
(b) That the leopard had killed him.
(c) That Robin wouldn't make it home alone.
(d) That the other dogs had hurt Robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale about himself does Corbett refute?
2. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
3. What is a popular belief about man-eating tigers that Corbett claims is untrue?
4. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
5. In what state does Corbett find the people of Pali when he arrives?
This section contains 382 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)