|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett learn from the Chital?
(a) The wounded leopard was sighted miles from the spot.
(b) A second leopard showed up.
(c) The leopard is alive and moving.
(d) The leopard is near death.
2. What does Corbett say about the bungalow he stayed in while in Champawat?
(a) It was so uncomfortable he considered spending the night in the forest.
(b) That there is another story "beyond the laws of nature" to tell of it.
(c) It was perfectly situated to see the valley below.
(d) It was the only safe place for miles.
3. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
(a) A weak heart.
(b) Near sightedness.
(c) Hip dysplasia.
(d) A blind eye.
4. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
(a) He knows he is not in a tiger's territory.
(b) He was raised by a tigress.
(c) He had a charm put on him as a baby to thwart tigers.
(d) He knows tigers do not hurt people if they are left alone.
5. What does Corbett find is the cause of the Champawat tigress's need to hunt people?
(a) An old hip injury.
(b) Congenital deformity.
(c) Age and arthritis.
(d) Broken teeth from being shot.
Short Answer Questions
1. It most cases, which of the following best characterizes the tiger's change from animal to human flesh?
2. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
3. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
4. When do tigers sometimes hunt people?
5. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
This section contains 418 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)