|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Corbett find exasperating about one of the men that guides in Champawat?
(a) He is convinced Corbett will die that day.
(b) He says Corbett's gun is insufficient.
(c) He can't walk and talk at the same time.
(d) The man brags he could kill the man-eater tiger if given the chance.
2. What do the men from Champawat report having heard and seen?
(a) The tigress wailing all night after getting shot.
(b) The woman running through the woods calling to her sister.
(c) The ghosts of the tigress's victims.
(d) The tigress carrying a naked woman in its mouth as she wailed and screamed for help.
3. When did the tigress of Muktesar start killing people specifically for her to eat?
(a) Her third victim.
(b) Her second victim.
(c) Only after her cubs were grown.
(d) Her first victim.
4. What act of heroism does a young woman do when the tigress carries off her sister?
(a) She clubs the tiger with a branch.
(b) She grabs her sister's baby from the hands of the woman as she is drug off.
(c) She tries to hang onto the tiger as it leaves with its prey.
(d) She runs after the tiger for a hundred yards yelling at it to let her sister go and take her instead.
5. How does Corbett eventually first encounter the leopard?
(a) He finds the leopard nearly dead in a bush.
(b) The leopard springs at them from behind a log.
(c) Robin springs the leopard from a bush and Corbett shoots it.
(d) The leopard chases Robin across a clearing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
2. Which of the following is something that the frequency with which a man-eater will kill depends on?
3. What tactic does Corbett decide to try when pursuing the tigress of Champawat is unsuccessful?
4. What does Corbett say about the cubs of man-eaters?
5. What connects the appearance of man-eating leopards to disease epidemics?
This section contains 424 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)