|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2, Robin.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens that makes Corbett know he's picked a winner in Robin?
(a) Robin growls when anybody approaches Corbett.
(b) Robin joins a group of hunting dogs that cornered a leopard.
(c) Robin hangs onto a wounded peafowl as it runs dragging him along.
(d) None of the above.
2. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
(a) All of the above.
(b) When unresticted slaughter of game deprives them of their food.
(c) When a tiger in the area becomes a man-eater.
(d) When there is an overpopulation of leopards.
3. How does the tigress come to be the Champawat Man-eater?
(a) She arrives a man-eater from Nepal after killing two hundred people there.
(b) She is old and was driven out of her territory by a younger tiger.
(c) None of the above.
(d) A hunter from Champawat shot her in the hip.
4. Which of the following is NOT a natural circumstance which may incite any tiger to kill a human?
(a) A wounded tiger.
(b) A tigress with small cubs.
(c) A person entering the tiger's territory.
(d) A tiger on a fresh kill.
5. Why does Corbett ask that the government rewards for the Champawat Man-eater be cancelled?
(a) He feels that people would come to disrespect tigers.
(b) He does not want to be classified as a reward hunter or risk being shot by other hunters.
(c) He's afraid it will cause people to try and "make" man-eaters to be killed for reward.
(d) He knows India can't afford it.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the little boy Corbett remembers not fear tigers when he sleeps in the woods?
2. Where does the wounded leopard go with Corbett and Robin tracking close behind?
3. What physical ailment does Robin have that limits his abilities?
4. What nerve does Robin have that he is unable to control?
5. What does Corbett worry about as he re-approaches the wounded leopard?
This section contains 429 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)