Eight Week Quiz G
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9, The Thak Man-Eater.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When the Pipal Pani tiger first goes briefly missing, where has he gone?
(a) To move to areas of more plentiful game.
(b) Into more populated areas.
(c) To hide with injuries.
(d) To get a mate.
2. Who comes to visit Corbett as soon as he arrives on the scene to hunt the Chowgarh tigers?
(a) The grandmother of the latest victim.
(b) The mayor of the township.
(c) Two other large game hunters.
(d) A spirit man protecting the tiger.
3. How many people does the tigress of Champawat kill in all?
(b) Four hundred and thirty six.
(c) Forty two.
(d) Over a thousand.
4. What brings the tiger to the base of the tree Corbett is sitting in?
(a) A teasing langur.
(c) It is passing on its way to the dead buffalo.
(d) It is stalking him.
5. Which of the following, according to Corbett, best characterizes a tiger?
(a) Monarch of the forests.
(b) Aggressive and cruel.
(c) Large hearted gentleman with boundless courage.
(d) Instinctual and natural.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Corbett returns to Thak the second time, what is creating a lot of noise in the area?
2. What is unusual about the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
3. Why do leopards, who are to a certain extent scavengers, become man-eaters?
4. How many days in all does it take Corbett to kill the Bachelor of Powalgarh?
5. What information does Corbett claim to know about the Pipal Pani Tiger's early history?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)